Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I think it’s fairly realistic too tbh, mainly because they are the most important characters in that scene, unless they’re doing it based purely on the battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort it could be Dumbles, Voldy, Potter, Fudge and a couple of Ministry officials with the statue/fountain as a build ?

They could also do the fire snake as a build.  That's also been mentioned on this thread

Just now, Icebrick said:

They could also do the fire snake as a build.  That's also been mentioned on this thread

Oh yeah, completely forgot about the fire snake, if they do it well enough it could be MOCed in colour to make a better Basilisk as it looks very similar to the Basilisk, maybe a fireplace as a side build

I personally hope they don't do a fire snake if the set is based off of the battle.  They really need to do the mixel ball joins in other colors

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Oh yeah, completely forgot about the fire snake, if they do it well enough it could be MOCed in colour to make a better Basilisk as it looks very similar to the Basilisk, maybe a fireplace as a side build

But a  fire place side build would be cool

1 minute ago, Icebrick said:

But a  fire place side build would be coo

They could do a small play feature with a ministry official with a hole in top, just drop him in and he comes out the front ??

They could do a small play feature with a ministry official with a hole in top, just drop him in and he comes out the front ??

I would love a random toilet side build thrown in

That would probably take up a lot of pieces.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would love a random toilet side build thrown in

That would be hilarious, and something that I could see Lego doing.

Just now, Icebrick said:

That would probably take up a lot of pieces.

Not necessarily, if it’s as expensive as rumoured then it will have a fair few pieces, would basically be the same as the Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia in that set

oh I'm up to  50 post

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Not necessarily, if it’s as expensive as rumoured then it will have a fair few pieces, would basically be the same as the Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia in that set

well it could be cheaper then what's been rumored

1 minute ago, Icebrick said:

well it could be cheaper then what's been rumored

It could be, but I doubt it, prices tend to be accurate before anything else

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

I never said I didn't want the complete set anyway :wink: that's just me, I like collecting stuff, and I was just meaning that's one of the main appeals of the set, and the castle is less but not un appealing compared to GH, CT and AT.

That's why I said ''if'' :wink:

49 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Just watched the AT Speed Build, the mandrakes have printed faces.

Cool to know we're not just getting bland 1x2's but it does make Sprout's CMF accessory pretty much useless

19 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

God that is such a beautiful MOC.  Lego  would not be able to do it justice.

You shouldn't compare MOCs to official sets, that's a really unrealistic comparison. The designers have a lot of restrictions while designings the sets, individual builders don't

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It could be, but I doubt it, prices tend to be accurate before anything else

Yeah but the price has just been pure speculation and  is contingent on the overall price of the wave 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's why I said ''if'' :wink:

Cool to know we're not just getting bland 1x2's but it does make Sprout's CMF accessory pretty much useless

You shouldn't compare MOCs to official sets, that's a really unrealistic comparison. The designers have a lot of restrictions while designings the sets, individual builders don't

That's true. I was jut saying that it would be hard to pull off as a set.

Edited by Icebrick

2 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Im not connecting the hogwarts like that, THE CLOCKTOWER ISN’T EVEN CONNECTED.

Yeah the rendered photo is horrible

24 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Im not connecting the hogwarts like that, THE CLOCKTOWER ISN’T EVEN CONNECTED.

Actually it is connected it’s just hard to spot at that angle. It’s connected to the back of the Great Hall by the dance floor section which is a right angle

I thought the plants in the greenhouse were supposed to be the venomous tentacula that Slughorn is cutting for “purely academic purposes”. But I guess they’re mandrakes 

So the pillow slopes in the AT are actually aqua, me likey. The review made me like the set a lot more!

I’d personally find a face that suits Draco more (his expression is fine but I think the bushy black eyebrows are throwing me off) Change Slughorn’s hair and put batgirl’s pink skirt on Lavender.

The green book in the AT is sadly another sticker. It's great to get more books for this theme but the designs being stickers really bums me out

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The green book in the AT is sadly another sticker. It's great to get more books for this theme but the designs being stickers really bums me out

Imo stickers suck, but it’s understandable why they’re used ?, I’ve pretty much mastered putting stickers on but I still hate them lmao ?

A little of topic, but now we already post 4/5 pages full per day. When DA is gonna revealed this forum is gonna be madly spammed full???

Looking at how the Hogwarts sets connect, I honestly don't think Lego had a plan for this "modular Hogwarts". If they'd had a plan, surely they would have done it so that there was some depth to the models in the way they connect, rather than all of them just going in a line.

I think perhaps their original intention was just for the Great Hall and the Whomping Willow sets to connect, and then the next wave they would do something different. But then they were taken by surprise by the popularity of HP wave 1 and the clamour for more modules of Hogwarts, so took the idea and ran with it. But obviously the way the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets were designed limits how much can be done with the modular idea.

Just now, Taure said:

Looking at how the Hogwarts sets connect, I honestly don't think Lego had a plan for this "modular Hogwarts". If they'd had a plan, surely they would have done it so that there was some depth to the models in the way they connect, rather than all of them just going in a line.

I think perhaps their original intention was just for the Great Hall and the Whomping Willow sets to connect, and then the next wave they would do something different. But then they were taken by surprise by the popularity of HP wave 1 and the clamour for more modules of Hogwarts, so took the idea and ran with it. But obviously the way the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets were designed limits how much can be done with the modular idea.

They would’ve been designing Wave 2 sets before Wave 1 sets were even out, so that’s incredibly unlikely, they probably realised a lot of people wouldn’t have the space for a display not in a row, I know I don’t, I barely have space for what we have now

1 hour ago, Melle_24 said:

A little of topic, but now we already post 4/5 pages full per day. When DA is gonna revealed this forum is gonna be madly spammed full???

Yeah, I saw how four pages filled up overnight (for me) and assumed some new info must have dropped, but nope. This topic is going to explode when the D2C and CMF get announced. 

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, I saw how four pages filled up overnight (for me) and assumed some new info must have dropped, but nope. This topic is going to explode when the D2C and CMF get announced. 

Speaking of the CMF, how soon to release do they announce every character? Only ever been interested in the HP CMF series and that was 2 years ago so I forget ??