Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Melle_24 said:

Idk of it’s already discussed, but i really hope the Diagon alley will be on (a) basplate(s). I would really like to them doing a cool technique for the tiling of the street. Maybe like a 48x48 baseplate but I don’t really know how big it’s gonna be.

Personally I’d rather it be like the last Diagon alley, all on their own separate base plates because then you can display them on their own (I don’t have the space for big buildings all together)

but I would love if they did a thing like in Monkie Kid sets/Hogwarts, give them connectors so they can be moved around

14 minutes ago, OrderOfTheBrick said:

Hello, guys,

Just new on the forum.
On Youtube I came across the first speedbuild of the astronomy tower.
On 33 sec you can see the official order of the castle sets. 

The amazon order seems to be correct.
Clock tower, great hall, whopping willow, asstronomy tower.
In order to connect the Clock tower with the great hall the ice dance section has been moved to the right of the clock tower it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYLOasIKDY

That's actually  really good to know since some people on here thought it was fake.  Looking through the video  the figures look really good. Luna looks great and Lavender looks better than I thought she would.  The white frames look better as well but still slightly jarring.   Thanks for sharing

Edited by Icebrick

Kingnono specifically mentioned technic pins so I’m pretty sure the buildings will be modular in style and each have their own base rather than a large shared one

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

If it's only the WW you care about you could buy the parts for it on Bricklink or Bricks and Pieces :shrug_oh_well:

I never said I didn't want the complete set anyway :wink: that's just me, I like collecting stuff, and I was just meaning that's one of the main appeals of the set, and the castle is less but not un appealing compared to GH, CT and AT.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Kingnono specifically mentioned technic pins so I’m pretty sure the buildings will be modular in style and each have their own base rather than a large shared one

Ooh, goodo (I forgot they were called Technic pins, that’s why I described them as “monkie kid/Hogwarts” ??), best thing about Technic pins is they can be removed if not being used ????

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That's what I'm hoping for.
Would be nice if they had a small part of street for each shop, just like the Creator Expert shops.

2 minutes ago, OrderOfTheBrick said:

Would be nice if they had a small part of street for each shop, just like the Creator Expert shops.

Now that would be a good idea.  Hopefully that wouldn't take up too many pieces though because if it comes  between buildings and the street, I would rather have more or better buildings.

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What I meant is that you either get no info or those riddles, and I don't know why anyone would choose no info over info.

As other have said, sometimes no info is better than vague info as it can lead you down the wrong path and cause confusion. All this info has decreased my excitement for DA by this point.

50 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

For me personally I’d rather have no info because I don’t like riddles, I don’t feel they really add anything (except annoyance on my part) I think someone said there was info from elsewhere earlier on (I’ve only been back about a week so can’t clarify that) but I think for him personally it’s more of an attention thing like “ooh, I have info so I’m gonna screw with people by making it as vague as possible”, just annoys me is all ?

I think this is a bit harsh though. It's in riddles likely for their own sake so they don't lose their job, as the vaguer it is, the more defendable position they are in. I don't think they're doing it in an egotistical way.

23 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

“I got it for a review”, hopefully if that’s true then maybe J2G or Jang will end up getting them soon so we can get some English speaking reviewers

anyone know of any decent Lego Reviewer YouTubers? (Please don’t say MandR because ??)

Jang doesn't accept review copies, so won't get it until the official release. He may import it to get it earlier but he's not a massive HP fan so may just wait for the US release; after all, it's not like he'd be missing out on the wave of hype when they first release as it would still be the first time people could get the set for US audiences. Just2Good, maybe he'll get a review/bought copy but who knows when.

He was mentioned a few pages back - I strongly recommend Jeremy Herbert :) His reviews are on the Jang-level of detail, and he does old sets too, and he's clearly a huge HP fan.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, Icebrick said:

Now that would be a good idea.  Hopefully that wouldn't take up too many pieces though because if it comes  between buildings and the street, I would rather have more or better buildings.

I second this, streets are nice, but more accurate buildings are better

ive just watched Jang’s review of the 2020 Haunted House and I love that concept, the full building and it opens on hinges, I’d love something like that for the HP sets, I think it would’ve worked really well for the Burrow and they could definitely do it for Lovegood cottage!!

1 minute ago, Icebrick said:

Yeah a bit of street in front of each building with those printed cobblestone 2x4 tiles would be great

51 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

For me personally I’d rather have no info because I don’t like riddles, I don’t feel they really add anything (except annoyance on my part) I think someone said there was info from elsewhere earlier on (I’ve only been back about a week so can’t clarify that) but I think for him personally it’s more of an attention thing like “ooh, I have info so I’m gonna screw with people by making it as vague as possible”, just annoys me is all ?

Yeah I get that, some of his riddles are REALLY confusing. Well it can't be long until the missing sets are revealed, let's hope it happens really soon.

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I think this is a bit harsh though. It's in riddles likely for their own sake so they don't lose their job, as the vaguer it is, the more defendable position they are in. I don't think they're doing it in an egotistical way.

Normally I would agree, but other leaders have done things vague without doing stupid riddles, it’s definitely a power thing, “I have the power so I’ll do it how I want”, anything to do with Riddles with always remind me of the Riddler and he does it because of a power/superiority complex, I’ll never see riddles any other way

3 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Jang doesn't accept review copies, so won't get it until the official release. He may import it to get it earlier but he's not a massive HP fan so may just wait for the US release; after all, it's not like he'd be missing out on the wave of hype when they first release as it would still be the first time people could get the set for US audiences. Just2Good, maybe he'll get a review/bought copy but who knows when.

He was mentioned a few pages back - I strongly recommend Jeremy Herbert :) His reviews are on the Jang-level of detail, and he does old sets too, and he's clearly a huge HP fan.

ah, that sucks, I didn’t know that, I’ve only recently gotten back into watching Lego Reviewers, I’ll definitely have a look at Jeremy Herbert, I like J2G, but he does seem like his reviews are occasionally kinda childish, Jang is deffo my fave tbh

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah I get that, some of his riddles are REALLY confusing. Well it can't be long until the missing sets are revealed, let's hope it happens really soon.

I hope so, especially whatever the unknown set is, I’m less interested in DA because of the price, no doubt it’ll be worth it, but it’ll be a while before I buy it ?

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

ive just watched Jang’s review of the 2020 Haunted House and I love that concept, the full building and it opens on hinges, I’d love something like that for the HP sets, I think it would’ve worked really well for the Burrow and they could definitely do it for Lovegood cottage!!

They might do that for DA but I doubt that Lego would do that for the rest of the sets. I would imagine that for the normal scale sets that they will keep to the open back. 

ah, that sucks, I didn’t know that, I’ve only recently gotten back into watching Lego Reviewers, I’ll definitely have a look at Jeremy Herbert, I like J2G, but he does seem like his reviews are occasionally kinda childish, Jang is deffo my fave tbh

I personally don't like just2goods videos. He cares to  much  about exclusivity.  As Far as Jermy Herbet goes, he lives in the Us too now ( if I'm not mistaken). 

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I wouldn't want that - it makes them more limited in how much space you have to put figures in with it open (as the interior can't protrude further than the exterior) and makes it much more expensive.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

I wouldn't want that - it makes them more limited in how much space you have to put figures in with it open (as the interior can't protrude further than the exterior) and makes it much more expensive.

That is a fair response, and I completely get it, I just like the fact it’s a full building, for display it sucks (as it does with the Haunted House, it looks dumb) now that I think about it I don’t actually think it’s that great of an idea lmao ??, I think I just liked the look of the Haunted House all closed up from the front, doesn’t really make for that great of a display with figures ?

3 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

They might do that for DA but I doubt that Lego would do that for the rest of the sets. I would imagine that for the normal scale sets that they will keep to the open back. 

Yeah, it was one of those “I wish we’d get it, but I know we never will” type of things, bit like 2x2 Anglia or Hagrid sized Sirius’ bike

I personally don't like just2goods videos. He cares to  much  about exclusivity.  As Far as Jermy Herbet goes, he lives in the Us too now ( if I'm not mistaken). 

I never noticed that when I used to watch, but I’ve just watched all his Monkie Kid reviews and I’ve noticed it quite a bit tbh

That is a fair response, and I completely get it, I just like the fact it’s a full building, for display it sucks (as it does with the Haunted House, it looks dumb) now that I think about it I don’t actually think it’s that great of an idea lmao ??, I think I just liked the look of the Haunted House all closed up from the front, doesn’t really make for that great of a display with figures ?

The other thing is, even if displaying it from the front closed up, compare how much light is let into the Haunted House to any open set with windows. You can't see anything at all.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Yeah, it was one of those “I wish we’d get it, but I know we never will” type of things, bit like 2x2 Anglia or Hagrid sized Sirius’ bike

I don't think that Sirius' bike for Hagrid is entirely out of the question. I could see Lego doing modular type versions of the Burrow an the like if the theme continues long enough. 

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I never noticed that when I used to watch, but I’ve just watched all his Monkie Kid reviews and I’ve noticed it quite a bit tbh

It seems to have been increasing more within the past couple years.

3 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

The other thing is, even if displaying it from the front closed up, compare how much light is let into the Haunted House to any open set with windows. You can't see anything at all.

I have my sets up against a wall so no light gets in anyway ??, BUT, I do have my sets displayed from the back, so yeah, I was wrong about it being better ?

I love both front and back of Hogwarts, but I’ll always have it displayed to show the interior, the only exterior thing I really have is the Hungarian Horntail grasping the top of the Clocktower

I love both front and back of Hogwarts, but I’ll always have it displayed to show the interior, the only exterior thing I really have is the Hungarian Horntail grasping the top of the Clocktower

Have you tried  putting the Horntail  on the grand tower?

1 minute ago, Icebrick said:

I don't think that Sirius' bike for Hagrid is entirely out of the question. I could see Lego doing modular type versions of the Burrow an the like if the theme continues long enough. 

I hope it’s not, I’d love to be able to get it, but what set could it really come in now that we’re getting the Dursley’s house this year, it appears in 2 major scenes at 2 major locations and we’re getting both of those this year lmao (Dursley house 1 and start of Battle of the Seven Potters and Burrow end of Battle of the Seven Potters) unless we get a BoSP type of battle pack a la Star Wars battlepacks with a few builds and an exclusive Moody (no Crouch Jr face) and a few others (maybe Mundungus)

It seems to have been increasing more within the past couple years.

ah, explains why I hadn’t noticed, I stopped watching him a while ago

Just now, Icebrick said:

Have you tried  putting the Horntail  on the grand tower?

The grand tower? The tower in the Great Hall set?

Hi everyone sorry if this has been posted, but is there a set date when the harry potter student 'battle pack' is going to released and how much for in the UK, ive only seen the set on ebay for upwards of £20 but no stores seem to be advertising it? 

Cheers