Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Yes I definitely will be! Luckily I’ve got all 2018 except Whomping Willow, so I need to hurry up on that one. Just waiting for it to drop to £40 again! But at this point I’ll happily go with £45 in case it retires soo

I personally feel that the big thing for the Willow set was the Ford Anglia and now we’re getting another in the Dursley’s house, so I’m kind of annoyed at that, but I think the rest of the set is good, especially as it adds to the main build of Hogwarts, plus I’m always happy to get more Snape minifigures ?

9 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I don’t even see the riddles until mentioned on here as I don’t follow him, so I’ll go and check it out and every time I’ve just been like “uh-huh, another one then” and then just left it lmao ?

Lol this is exactly what I do

8 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I personally feel that the big thing for the Willow set was the Ford Anglia and now we’re getting another in the Dursley’s house, so I’m kind of annoyed at that, but I think the rest of the set is good, especially as it adds to the main build of Hogwarts, plus I’m always happy to get more Snape minifigures ?

Never been a vehicle guy really so For me it’s more for the whomping Willow and also a little bit of extra castle to probably put behind the other parts (I won’t have space to connect then but it’ll provide some depth). But I do feel it’s my least favourite of the 2018 sets because I feel it doesn’t really add much to the castle. It is nice to get some nice interiors though

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's far from the truth. We got the initial info on the summer sets from Luckybricks, we got more detailed descriptions from Stonewars, we got the CMF packaging from Promobricks and the info saying a D2C was coming came from jedijacpenguin. The only 'Kingnono exclusive' stuff is some Diagon Alley info/clues, some CMF riddles (which don't confirm much) and DA and 75978 not being the same set. Most of the info we had before LEGO revealed the sets didn't come from Kingnono.

I should've mentioned that I'm talking especially about the D2C and the CMF, sorry for the confusion.

3 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Never been a vehicle guy really so For me it’s more for the whomping Willow and also a little bit of extra castle to probably put behind the other parts (I won’t have space to connect then but it’ll provide some depth). But I do feel it’s my least favourite of the 2018 sets because I feel it doesn’t really add much to the castle. It is nice to get some nice interiors though

If it's only the WW you care about you could buy the parts for it on Bricklink or Bricks and Pieces :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Never been a vehicle guy really so For me it’s more for the whomping Willow and also a little bit of extra castle to probably put behind the other parts (I won’t have space to connect then but it’ll provide some depth). But I do feel it’s my least favourite of the 2018 sets because I feel it doesn’t really add much

I used to be the opposite, but then I collected DC superheroes sets which were mainly all vehicles

but I actually love the Ford Anglia irl so it was ace to get it, just annoyed we’re getting it in 2 sets when one of those sets could’ve been sooo much better from either OotP or DH pt 1

for me my least favourite set from 2018 was definitely the Quidditch Match, it’s the only set I wouldn’t get if I wasn’t getting every set, I loved all the others, just wasn’t fond of that one (I actually had to google “LEGO HP 2018” to see which sets came out in 2018 and 2019 ??

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

If it's only the WW you care about you could buy the parts for it on Bricklink or Bricks and Pieces :shrug_oh_well:

Could even see if anyone is selling an incomplete set with just the WW, I’ve seen a couple in the UK selling incomplete HP sets with certain parts of a set, someone was even selling the full Flying Anglia for £0.95 because it’s coming out again ??

speaking of the Anglia coming again, is it an updated model or built exactly the same, I’ve looked it over several times on the Lego site (the whole Dursley house is my most anticipated set apart from the Burrow) and it looks the same, but surely it won’t be? ??

speaking of the Anglia coming again, is it an updated model or built exactly the same, I’ve looked it over several times on the Lego site (the whole Dursley house is my most anticipated set apart from the Burrow) and it looks the same, but surely it won’t be? ??

It is actually slightly. The biggest difference is the the hood and lights (if I'm not mistaken).

9 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

There are some minor differences, such as the hood now being studless, the boot being more boxy, and the roof being being 6x6, rather than 6x7. I honestly think the new one looks worse, but I'm still getting it.

7 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

someone was even selling the full Flying Anglia for £0.95 because it’s coming out again ??

If he'd sold multiple ones I would have bought all of them for a Ford Anglia army building. Joke!

There are slight differences in the details. The sides of the two cars are built a bit differently (now the use a sticker on either side) and the hood uses a different piece :classic:

53 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We know that 75978 and Diagon Alley are not the same set tho, so that's not a surprise. 

That's why people being be confused about the latest "clue" is confusing.

Just now, Icebrick said:

It is actually slightly. The biggest difference is the the hood and lights (if I'm not mistaken).

That’s intriguing, I look forward to building and comparing the 2 together ?

on a side note, I’m the probably the only person that would, but I’d love to get a Ford Anglia similar to the Joker’s Low rider from TLBM, inaccurately sized to the other sets, but can fit 4 minifigures, 2 side by side front and back, just like in Chamber of Secrets, could give us exclusive Fred and George and could also come with Ron/Harry or without so we can do something with our spares lmao ?

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

There are slight differences in the details. The sides of the two cars are built a bit differently (now the use a sticker on either side) and the hood uses a different piece :classic:

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

There are some minor differences, such as the hood now being studless, the boot being more boxy, and the roof being being 6x6, rather than 6x7. I honestly think the new one looks worse, but I'm still getting it.

Hmm, interesting, I’m still gonna get it because I want the house, haha, but I’ll probably leave the Anglia either unbuilt or have it in a box somewhere and have the Dursley house as an OotP display for my CMF Moody, Kingsley and (rumoured) Tonks

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

on a side note, I’m the probably the only person that would, but I’d love to get a Ford Anglia similar to the Joker’s Low rider from TLBM, inaccurately sized to the other sets, but can fit 4 minifigures, 2 side by side front and back, just like in Chamber of Secrets, could give us exclusive Fred and George and could also come with Ron/Harry or without so we can do something with our spares lmao ?

That wouldn't be a bad idea because Lego has never made a model of it that could sit for figures. Not sure if people would buy it though

58 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

O-pin-ion

people are allowed differing opinions, seems you don’t get that ??‍♂️

What I meant is that you either get no info or those riddles, and I don't know why anyone would choose no info over info.

Just now, Icebrick said:

That wouldn't be a bad idea because Lego has never made a model of it that could sit for figures. Not sure if people would buy it though

That’s the issue, are people really interested in a car that is only in 1 film (out of eight) for about 10-20 minutes of said film ?, it’s the type of thing I would LOVE to MOC, but I’m terrible at things like that, haha, I don’t actually think the Joker’s Low Rider sold all that well so I’d be surprised if they did more cars of that size

There are so many things I’d love to get that I we ever will, and some things I know we never will ?

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What I meant is that you either get no info or those riddles, and I don't know why anyone would choose no info over info.

For me personally I’d rather have no info because I don’t like riddles, I don’t feel they really add anything (except annoyance on my part) I think someone said there was info from elsewhere earlier on (I’ve only been back about a week so can’t clarify that) but I think for him personally it’s more of an attention thing like “ooh, I have info so I’m gonna screw with people by making it as vague as possible”, just annoys me is all ?

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well sometimes riddle end up confusing people more than giving  any good information.  

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

That’s the issue, are people really interested in a car that is only in 1 film (out of eight) for about 10-20 minutes of said film ?, it’s the type of thing I would LOVE to MOC, but I’m terrible at things like that, haha, I don’t actually think the Joker’s Low Rider sold all that well so I’d be surprised if they did more cars of that size

There are so many things I’d love to get that I we ever will, and some things I know we never will ?

Really? I really liked that set so it's a shame if it didn't sell well. But that's probably getting slightly off topic. :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Icebrick said:

Really? I really liked that set so it's a shame if it didn't sell well. But that's probably getting slightly off topic.

True true, haha, back to HP ??

14 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

Here is a link to a good upgrade to the Ford that came in the set

2 minutes ago, KilZol said:

How rude, it was me that wanted it ?? (joking ofc) I am honestly so happy that you have posted this because I wanted to update my Anglia to have 2 next to each other, thank you ????

6 minutes ago, KilZol said:

That was actually a really clever upgrade and helps me update mine since I not good at creating Mocs  either.  The only thing I question  is whether the trunk can still open.  Thanks for sharing that. 

Edited by Icebrick

I am sorry to bother, but when I saw that you posted a min ago thought you might be able to help me.  I read the Getting Stated Information but don't understand.

• Once you've made 10 posts on the main forum you will automatically move to the "Vassal" group and many functions will open up to you. 

What is the "Main Forum" and where is it?

• Posts in this forum will not count towards your overall post count.

What??????????

1 minute ago, gsnoel11 said:

I am sorry to bother, but when I saw that you posted a min ago thought you might be able to help me.  I read the Getting Stated Information but don't understand.

• Once you've made 10 posts on the main forum you will automatically move to the "Vassal" group and many functions will open up to you. 

What??????????

That might just mean that you have to comment over several different threads. I'm still fairly new to eurobricks and didn't even notice. 

Hello, guys,

Just new on the forum.
On Youtube I came across the first speedbuild of the astronomy tower.
On 33 sec you can see the official order of the castle sets. 

The amazon order seems to be correct.
Clock tower, great hall, whopping willow, asstronomy tower.
In order to connect the Clock tower with the great hall the ice dance section has been moved to the right of the clock tower it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYLOasIKDY

4 minutes ago, gsnoel11 said:

What??????????

What that means is that if you post in the Getting Started Info, it doesn't count towards your overall post count. "Vassal" is just a name, it just means that you have less than 100 posts. Technically, I think that everything other than the Getting Started info is the main forum.

Idk of it’s already discussed, but i really hope the Diagon alley will be on (a) basplate(s). I would really like to them doing a cool technique for the tiling of the street. Maybe like a 48x48 baseplate but I don’t really know how big it’s gonna be.