Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

36 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

811k-5m2SLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

i think i like this way the best!

This is closest to the correct locations on the Hogwarts map as well.  I may try to change up the connections to swing the AT forward a bit versus this photo though.

43 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Bruh, the clocktower isn’t even connected and the Greenhouse isn’t even there, are you sure that is even official? 

On a side note, anyone know where the room of requirement connects?

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

53 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

I just hate the way that open side of the AT looks when displayed like this

36 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I just hate the way that open side of the AT looks when displayed like this

I think that with a little modification, you can make it angled the other way.

1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

Just to be clear, this is not official...Right? The Clocktower isn’t even connected and there is no Greenhouse.

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Just to be clear, this is not official...Right? The Clocktower isn’t even connected and there is no Greenhouse.

That is correct, it is not official.

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Its official its from Amazon. Also, the clocktower is connected, just to the back of the Great Hall. I believe the connection is just skewed in the pic. Edit: just realized that the Clocktower is probably not connected bc where it is placed in the pic there arent connectors on the structure, sorry for the misinformation! As for the greenhouse I think it is similarly hidden from view, and as for the room of requirement I believe we all came to the consensus that it connects to one of the holes at the back of the AT set (I think possibly to the green house?) Edit 2: just took a second look and I dont think the Greenhouse is actually in the pic. LOL so I basically take back everything from this post! But yea, I’m pretty sure this image is still official

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/811k-5m2SLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

thats the link for the image. It was posted in this thread some pages back. I’m not sure where the surprise from some of you is coming from at seeing this pic lol

Edited by m0repotter

3 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Its official its from Amazon. Also, the clocktower is connected, just to the back of the Great Hall. I believe the connection is just skewed in the pic. Edit: just realized that the Clocktower is probably not connected bc where it is placed in the pic there arent connectors on the structure, sorry for the misinformation! As for the greenhouse I think it is similarly hidden from view, and as for the room of requirement I believe we all came to the consensus that it connects to one of the holes at the back of the AT set (I think possibly to the green house?)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/811k-5m2SLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

thats the link for the image. It was posted in this thread some pages back. I’m not sure where the surprise from some of you is coming from lol

Weird... I see the image in your link but I don’t see it when I navigate to Amazon myself... Maybe Amazon’s graphics team put it together - not LEGO’s? Either way, I really don’t like this layout. It makes it seem like the connecting points were an afterthought. I’m sticking with this layout:

lego-harry-potter-75969-erweiterung.jpg

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Weird... I see the image in your link but I don’t see it when I navigate to Amazon myself... Maybe Amazon’s graphics team put it together - not LEGO’s? Either way, I really don’t like this layout. It makes it seem like the connecting points were an afterthought. I’m sticking with this layout:

lego-harry-potter-75969-erweiterung.jpg

I originally liked that layout more as well, I think now it may just be the obvious photoshopping thats throwing me off? I guess we will all have to see for ourselves when we get the sets how we think they best connect!

Edited by m0repotter

3 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

What does kingnono's most recent post mean?

been trying to figure it out myself too :/ maybe someone can shed some light?

3 minutes ago, LeRuCo said:

been trying to figure it out myself too :/ maybe someone can shed some light?

Yeah it like he is just repeating something his said before

6 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I think that looks best too tbh, I’m gonna have to rejig my display, question for everyone, do y’all have your Hogwarts displayed showing the interior or exterior?

I have it exterior showing. 

5 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

On a side note, anyone know where the room of requirement connects?

I’m going to put mine (exterior facing out)on the left side of the AT, since both walls are interior walls. So, walking through the open entry way, it would be there on the left. 

New Kingnono hint.

Apparently not many new leg prints.

Wait

The way it's written, it's almost like he's saying that Diagon Alley isn't the D2C

Or maybe it's a riddle

I'm too tired to figure it out now

Toodles

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

Maybe there aren't many leg prints because there are skirt pieces and the rest don't need new prints? The only ones who I can think that might need it are Fred, George and Lockhart assuming they are in the set.

And I don't know if the leg print hint is connected to the second part or not. 

Gonna post it here:

"Don't expect to many legprints

If you see pictures and the name of the D2C-set you get my hint: "75978 and Diagon Alley are not the same set"".

Honestly I have no idea what that means, the first part is pretty clear but the second? Almost like he's trying to say that D2C is not Diagon Alley, which we know it is.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Not sure what he means by that last sentence... i) he means that the D2C is obviously called Diagon Alley, and therefore not the same set, or ii) he implies that the Diagon Alley is not the D2C (which makes no sense)

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Could it just be that 75978 is one set and the DA D2C is another set :def_shrug:

We know that, he confirmed they are 2 separate sets.

17 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Could it just be that 75978 is one set and the DA D2C is another set :def_shrug:

Maybe it means that 75978 isn't a Gringotts vault expansion for the DA D2C, as that's been speculated

Has 75978 already been confirmed to not be the set number for the D2C? If so, then perhaps he’s just repeating already known info. However, if this was the previously confirmed D2C set number I would say perhaps this complicates things a bit... I had thought that the D2C was widely accepted to be Diagon Alley though?... Third option: perhaps he is trying to say we are getting new sets + CMF + advent calendar & D2C (instead of just one new set, which was previously thought)

12 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Has 75978 already been confirmed to not be the set number for the D2C? If so, then perhaps he’s just repeating already known info. However, if this was the previously confirmed D2C set number I would say perhaps this complicates things a bit... I had thought that the D2C was widely accepted to be Diagon Alley though?... Third option: perhaps he is trying to say we are getting new sets + CMF + advent calendar & D2C (instead of just one new set, which was previously thought)

75978 is not the D2C Diagon Alley.

They are 2 separate sets, with 75978 confirmed to be based on "an iconic underground scene".

I’m really confused right now :sceptic:. Are there two more sets next to the D2C or is there only one? I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify this!

15 minutes ago, Legopls said:

I’m really confused right now :sceptic:. Are there two more sets next to the D2C or is there only one? I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify this!

Apart from June wave (Students Accespry Pack, Room of Requirement, Forbidden Forest, Hedwig, Privet Drive 4, Astronomy Tower and Burrow), these are the sets that are also coming this year:

71028 Harry Potter Series 2 for 4€ - (mid-August for retailers, September for Lego Stores)

(71045?) Diagon Alley for 400€ - September (could be earlier than that)

75978 [Iconic scene in the underground] for around 50€ - possible August release date

75981 Advent Calendar for 30€ - September 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We know that, he confirmed they are 2 separate sets.

Yes, but did we not know that already more or less :shrug_oh_well:
I fail to see what is so big news that people start speculating that the D2C is not DA after all *huh*