Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Snape wasn’t just grey, he was glow in the dark too! The only figure like that was Voldemort in the original graveyard set. Must have really confused kids when they got to know the story better and found out Snape was one of the good guys instead of a ghoul! :laugh:

also couldn’t you have used the Death Eater as a manikin in the Room of Requirement part of the castle? I think its even described as a manakin in the 2010 visual dictionary. 

Ah yes, I nearly forgot about the glow in the Dark part - someone at Lego must have really subscribed to the whole’Snape is a vampire’ fantheory that apparently floated around for awhile (although did anyone really believe that or was it just a joke?)

I suppose a rather confusingly done manakin is as good an explanation as any for that Death Eater. Although it does remind me of another shortfall of that set - namely that none of the characters had their own wands, there was just a little rotating display in the ‘Room of Requirement’ section that held four different colored L4 bars (which is what they used for wands back then). I much prefer Lego’s current take, where every witch and wizard gets a wand regardless of whether we ever see them using it or not and I’ve got so many spares that I can easily fix the few exceptions to that rule. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

And I think you’re misremembering what pre-flesh toned Snape looked like

Ah yes, I remember now, it was like a weird megablocks colour, the only reason I remember having it is because my mum loved Alan Rickman and was disgusted by what Lego had done to him, lmao ??

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Ah yes, I nearly forgot about the glow in the Dark part - someone at Lego must have really subscribed to the whole’Snape is a vampire’ fantheory that apparently floated around for awhile (although did anyone really believe that or was it just a joke?)

I suppose a rather confusingly done manakin is as good an explanation as any for that Death Eater. Although it does remind me of another shortfall of that set - namely that none of the characters had their own wands, there was just a little rotating display in the ‘Room of Requirement’ section that held four different colored L4 bars (which is what they used for wands back then). I much prefer Lego’s current take, where every witch and wizard gets a wand regardless of whether we ever see them using it or not and I’ve got so many spares that I can easily fix the few exceptions to that rule. 

I really hope we're getting Olivander's with DA, so I have a place to put all my spare wands as I have a loooooooot of them.

Edited by Salix

48 minutes ago, Salix said:

I really hope we're getting Olivander's with DA, so I have a place to put all my spare wands as I have a loooooooot of them.

I don't think Lego would release a $400 DA without Olivander's.  Fans of Harry Potter would be outraged, if something that expensive was missing one of the key locations.

17 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

I don't think Lego would release a $400 DA without Olivander's.  Fans of Harry Potter would be outraged, if something that expensive was missing one of the key locations.

I agree, same thing for Gringotts and WWW

I’m working on my own greenhouse design to replace the one in the set (I’ll change that one into a custom Sprout’s office). It will be larger and mostly grey and more like the shape in the movies. I just ordered from PAB online the windows and once they arrive I’ll take some pictures :)

4 hours ago, Salix said:

Yeah, I think it’s practically guaranteed we’ll get Ollivander’s, and I’m definitely going to be stuffing it with all my spare wands too (I also have a ton, and expect to get a bunch more, especially with a new CMF coming). It all depends on the design but I imagine I’ll end up MOCing some extra shelves to go in the shop or extend out the back. 

6 hours ago, Salix said:

By my count, I've got over 200 individual wands, but most are already on MOCed figs :O

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree, same thing for Gringotts and WWW

Do we known when this set will be released.

36 minutes ago, Seaber said:

By my count, I've got over 200 individual wands, but most are already on MOCed figs :O

Holy crap, that's a lot. I don't have even close to that. Granted, I have a really small budget when it comes to Lego.:sceptic:

Edited by Brick Guru

18 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Holt=y crap, that's a lot. I don't have even close to that. Granted, I have a really small budget when it comes to Lego.:sceptic:

Same, I have about 32 XD

43 minutes ago, KilZol said:

The general rumor is september but Kingnono hinted it might be earlier. I personally think his hint just means an early release for VIP's in august

35 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

The sets have been sighted in Lego shops.

Where? Certainly not here in the States yet...

6 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Where? Certainly not here in the States yet...

I don't think the guy who posted his pics on Instagram knows english but according to Translate's language detector he's from the Czech Republic

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Check Legoleaks

Can second this, it’s about halfway down under recent and shows the Grawp set as well as some Ninjago sets

little side rant; it really grinds my gears that people use #legoleaks for customs and things that aren’t actually leaks

rant over, peace Lego brothers and sisters ?

Just wanted to say I’m so excited for all you Europe and UKers who are getting the sets in just over a week! :shark::wub:

2 hours ago, KilZol said:

I have to say that I would already be happy to see some pictures, the release is of second rank for me. But of course reveal and release correlate somehow :grin:

47 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

little side rant; it really grinds my gears that people use #legoleaks for customs and things that aren’t actually leaks

Same, but it's a never ending story. I got into the habit of igoring them :look:

Just now, 8fifty said:

Same, but it's a never ending story. I got into the habit of igoring them :look:

I only go on when someone recommends it (like today) so it just reminds me when I open it up and I’m like “ooh, that’s cool, oh... it’s a custom ????

1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

Just wanted to say I’m so excited for all you Europe and UKers who are getting the sets in just over a week! :shark::wub:

Thanks, I’m really excited too! I’ve been obsessively going over the dimensions  and connection points of the Astronomy Tower so I can connect it with my other castle parts as soon as I get it :grin:

Does anyone know where I can find new sets for a cheaper price? On a budget this year…

1 minute ago, Rosie99 said:

Does anyone know where I can find new sets for a cheaper price? On a budget this year…

Avoid eBay, just checked and someone has got RoR pre-order for £21.95, it’s a £17.99 set ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Thanks, I’m really excited too! I’ve been obsessively going over the dimensions  and connection points of the Astronomy Tower so I can connect it with my other castle parts as soon as I get it :grin:

811k-5m2SLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

i think i like this way the best!

Just now, m0repotter said:

i think i like this way the best!

I think that looks best too tbh, I’m gonna have to rejig my display, question for everyone, do y’all have your Hogwarts displayed showing the interior or exterior?