Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Don’t forget the chocolate fountain!

Which looks absolutely stunning on this brilliant dark red table cloth :wub:

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Grawp's chicken wing: ''am I a joke to you?'' 

omg :laugh_hard:

I sort of wish that we got a bigger green house. I like the 2007 one and like the burrow minifigs it is a bit of a down grade. Maybe with a bit more space and even a venomous tartacular

If 40419 Hogwarts students sells well, I could see Lego continuing to make accessory sets down the line. I really hope we get one with regular witches/wizards that can populate Diagon Alley including a build similar to the hat stand from 2011. Maybe even a Death Eater pack with some scenery from GoF or HBP

3 minutes ago, Iron Brute said:

If 40419 Hogwarts students sells well, I could see Lego continuing to make accessory sets down the line. I really hope we get one with regular witches/wizards that can populate Diagon Alley including a build similar to the hat stand from 2011. Maybe even a Death Eater pack with some scenery from GoF or HBP

I was thinking about this earlier in the year.

Something similar to a starwars battle pack.

Ministry officials 

dementors

Teachers

civilian 

Like you said death eaters, Maybe they coiuld could people like dolohov or rodolpus, but they come with masks so that you can still army build

Yeah some good suggestions there. I could also imagine something like a Centaur pack (including Firenze) and a Quidditch pack flying off shelves

10 minutes ago, Iron Brute said:

Yeah some good suggestions there. I could also imagine something like a Centaur pack (including Firenze) and a Quidditch pack flying off shelves

Personally, I don't think a centaur pack would be that interesting but a Quidditch pack would be great! If there were one of each house, that would be perfect!

1 hour ago, Tommy269 said:

I sort of wish that we got a bigger green house. I like the 2007 one and like the burrow minifigs it is a bit of a down grade. Maybe with a bit more space and even a venomous tartacular

I think it’s a bit of a trade off, the old one was bigger but the new one is more open and has more plants. 

Lego 5378 Mandrake Plants & Full Greenhouse Harry Potter Order Of ...

29 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I think it’s a bit of a trade off, the old one was bigger but the new one is more open and has more plants. 

I don't know what it is about it, but the new one feels closed in. I liked how the old one had mushrooms lying around and even a black board.

I'm still going to get the AT because any green house is better than none

7 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Lego 5378 Mandrake Plants & Full Greenhouse Harry Potter Order Of ...

I don't know what it is about it, but the new one feels closed in. I liked how the old one had mushrooms lying around and even a black board.

I'm still going to get the AT because any green house is better than none

I am being really thick or something, I’ve just googled to look for the old greenhouse and all it brings up are MOCs, was it part of a bigger set like this one is?

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I am being really thick or something, I’ve just googled to look for the old greenhouse and all it brings up are MOCs, was it part of a bigger set like this one is?

Yes the OotP based Hogwarts Castle set that came out around 2007. It was also the first appearance of Umbridge and iirc the skeleton horse piece that it used for thestrals. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Yes the OotP based Hogwarts Castle set that came out around 2007. It was also the first appearance of Umbridge and iirc the skeleton horse piece that it used for thestrals. 

Oooh, I didn’t even know there was an OotP Hogwarts Castle, I knew there was a 2011 Castle set, that’s probably why it didn’t come up when I put in “Lego Harry Potter greenhouse 2011” ??, neat that it introduced some cool stuff, makes ya think, if that hadn’t have been made, would Umbridge have been part of the BrickTober set, actually... has there ever been a Slughorn or Boggart Snape before ??

8 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It was part of the 5378 Hogwarts Castle set. The little gray build on the left. Hard to find a good pic of just the greenhouse though.

01083057848cc9ce06ddc6c328fd54c0.jpg

Just now, sebastian666 said:

It was part of the 5378 Hogwarts Castle set. The little gray build on the left. Hard to find a good pic of just the greenhouse though.

Omg, those figures all look Hideous lmao, I forgot how bad Hagrid looked from 2001-2011 ?, and who’s the dude next to the Greenhouse?

and omg, the printed hair Snape, I had that figure in yellow skin before he met Mr Hoover ??

8 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Oooh, I didn’t even know there was an OotP Hogwarts Castle, I knew there was a 2011 Castle set, that’s probably why it didn’t come up when I put in “Lego Harry Potter greenhouse 2011” ??, neat that it introduced some cool stuff, makes ya think, if that hadn’t have been made, would Umbridge have been part of the BrickTober set, actually... has there ever been a Slughorn or Boggart Snape before ??

There was a Boggart Snape in a 2004(?) set with Lupin and Neville

Just now, Brick Guru said:

There was a Boggart Snape in a 2004(?) set with Lupin and Neville

Oh, didn’t know that either ??, so Slughorn was the only new character ?

19 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Omg, those figures all look Hideous lmao, I forgot how bad Hagrid looked from 2001-2011 ?, and who’s the dude next to the Greenhouse?

and omg, the printed hair Snape, I had that figure in yellow skin before he met Mr Hoover ??

Lmao ?  They’re sooo bad compared to the new wave. That’s why it drives me crazy when people complain about the current releases. Dude next to the greenhouse is a Death Eater. He actually has a decent face print. You can get a closer look at him and the Greenhouse and the rest of the set and minifigs here:

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Lmao ?  They’re sooo bad compared to the new wave. That’s why it drives me crazy when people complain about the current releases. Dude next to the greenhouse is a Death Eater. He actually has a decent face print. You can get a closer look at him and the Greenhouse and the rest of the set and minifigs here:

Oh damn, that is a good faceprint, better the rest at least ?, they’re almost Star Wars The Clone Wars level bad ?

The Death Eater from the 2007 set has Bellatrix’s Death Eater mask so I always assumed it was her even though it doesn’t say it is

30 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The Death Eater from the 2007 set has Bellatrix’s Death Eater mask so I always assumed it was her even though it doesn’t say it is

I always thought it was the dummy.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I love jeremy herbert!

He also has a review of the old set with bogart snape.

In my opinion, the umbridge from 2007 looks really good and I like her face and hair. They really channel the toad look. As a child I had all the 2010-11 sets and I always wanted this set. Now it goes for $700 dollars minimum

3 hours ago, Brick Guru said:

Personally, I don't think a centaur pack would be that interesting but a Quidditch pack would be great! If there were one of each house, that would be perfect!

i can definitely see them doing a Quidittich pack with players from each house. I can't see any other way of getting Hufflepuff of Ravenclaw quidditch outfits. I would buy seven packs to get a full team. 

Regarding minifigs in DA, I would rather have some new figs of other customers than of figs we have got several of already, would be good to have some random witch/wizard to populate DA.

Hermione's parents where in the film, so maybe they are included :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Omg, those figures all look Hideous lmao, I forgot how bad Hagrid looked from 2001-2011 ? , and who’s the dude next to the Greenhouse?

I think the worst part of the 2007 figures was that they just reused the Ron and Hermione heads from the 2005 GoF 2nd Task set - you can tell because they both have alternate sleeping faces, and the designers who originally did them obviously never really expected the waking faces to be visible, because the Hermione face especially is just off, it’s not really proportioned normally at all. 

And I think you’re misremembering what pre-flesh toned Snape looked like. He was never made with yellow skin, always grey. Funnily enough, the 2007 set is actually the first time he was available in flesh tone. He didn’t appear in the GoF wave and for some reason despite literally every other character switching to flesh tones in the 2004 PoA wave, Snape and Boggart Snape were still grey skinned. It was super weird in retrospect. 

And the random Death Eater in the 2007 set bothered me so much as a kid because Death Eaters didn’t attack Hogwarts in OotP so why was he there? Teenager me spent so much time trying to figure out where he was supposed to go when I displayed my sets. 

39 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I think the worst part of the 2007 figures was that they just reused the Ron and Hermione heads from the 2005 GoF 2nd Task set - you can tell because they both have alternate sleeping faces, and the designers who originally did them obviously never really expected the waking faces to be visible, because the Hermione face especially is just off, it’s not really proportioned normally at all. 

And I think you’re misremembering what pre-flesh toned Snape looked like. He was never made with yellow skin, always grey. Funnily enough, the 2007 set is actually the first time he was available in flesh tone. He didn’t appear in the GoF wave and for some reason despite literally every other character switching to flesh tones in the 2004 PoA wave, Snape and Boggart Snape were still grey skinned. It was super weird in retrospect. 

And the random Death Eater in the 2007 set bothered me so much as a kid because Death Eaters didn’t attack Hogwarts in OotP so why was he there? Teenager me spent so much time trying to figure out where he was supposed to go when I displayed my sets. 

Snape wasn’t just grey, he was glow in the dark too! The only figure like that was Voldemort in the original graveyard set. Must have really confused kids when they got to know the story better and found out Snape was one of the good guys instead of a ghoul! :laugh:

also couldn’t you have used the Death Eater as a manikin in the Room of Requirement part of the castle? I think its even described as a manakin in the 2010 visual dictionary.