Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

LEGO just revealed a new theme called Brick Sketches. I really like the designs and I really wouldn't mind Wizarding World sets from that theme :excited:

22 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Lol for some reason I always assumed it was done by magic! Didn’t know there was a driver.

They did mention the driver in the books a few times

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO just revealed a new theme called Brick Sketches. I really like the designs and I really wouldn't mind Wizarding World sets from that theme :excited:

They did mention the driver in the books a few times

In the 3rd movie too, after the dementor attack on the Hogwarts Express, Lupin mentions he is going to talk to driver.

Jedi Jac Penguin still seems to think that July 1 will be the release date in the United States and Canada, except for The Burrow, which is August 1 (though still a Target exclusive, so who knows?).  This sounds legit to me, but then why would the official LEGO Shop website be trolling us by changing the release date to August?  :grin:

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

Jedi Jac Penguin still seems to think that July 1 will be the release date in the United States and Canada, except for The Burrow, which is August 1 (though still a Target exclusive, so who knows?).  This sounds legit to me, but then why would the official LEGO Shop website be trolling us by changing the release date to August?  :grin:

I don't know much about the American market but didn't Barnes and Nobles or some other store get the sets earlier than the LEGO stores last year?

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't know much about the American market but didn't Barnes and Nobles or some other store get the sets earlier than the LEGO stores last year?

I think there was a window of exclusivity that Barnes and Noble shared with LEGO Shop (except Expecto Patronum, which was Walmart), but it was all released on the same day, July 1.  The year before, maybe Target got the sets a month early?  I don't even remember.  I think it's gross that big super-retailers have way too much influence over LEGO's release schedule in this country...but I will stop before I become too political.

Long story short, @Guyon2002 you may be right that a store/stores will release the sets early.

Nothing can beat the winter of 2017, when the Star Wars sets were supposed to be released three months later in the US, but then Toys R Us put them out a month early and LEGO said, "Why not?" and just started selling the sets, because they were already sitting in the warehouses.

Edited by RogueTwo

I’m curious what the recommended way to attach the Astronomy Tower to the rest of Hogwarts is. So far, we haven’t seen anything official. It’s strange because the entire side of the AT is open and the pin holes are only in the back of that side so you really can’t attach that side to any other section of Hogwarts without the whole open side being visible when looking at the front of the caste. 

39 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m curious what the recommended way to attach the Astronomy Tower to the rest of Hogwarts is. So far, we haven’t seen anything official. It’s strange because the entire side of the AT is open and the pin holes are only in the back of that side so you really can’t attach that side to any other section of Hogwarts without the whole open side being visible when looking at the front of the caste. 

I assume it will be Great Hall, Clock Tower, Whomping Willow, Astronomy Tower. 

I added the Potions room from the Whomping Willow set to the Great Hall to make a smoother transition to the Clocktower’s Yule Ball room.

My set up will ultimately look like this:

lego-harry-potter-75969-erweiterung.jpg

Edited by sebastian666

Just now, sebastian666 said:

My set up will ultimately look like this:

This is going to sound stupid (and forgive me if it is, but I haven’t really looked at the astronomy tower set much) but is that greenhouse custom or part of the AT set? ?

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

This is going to sound stupid (and forgive me if it is, but I haven’t really looked at the astronomy tower set much) but is that greenhouse custom or part of the AT set? ?

Part of the AT. You know you can just see the whole set for yourself right?

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Part of the AT. You know you can just see the whole set for yourself right?

Or I can ask in here seen as I’m too busy to actually google it, I don’t think there’s any need to be an a-hole

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Or I can ask in here seen as I’m too busy to actually google it, I don’t think there’s any need to be an a-hole

Excuse me? 

Who's an a-hole, I was just suggesting that maybe it's easier and faster to search for it. You know that typing "75969" in Google takes less time than opening this forum and asking about if it's a part of this set or not? 

Guys, please watch your language. We are already on parole here. Every discussion can be held peacefully, ok? :classic:

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Excuse me? 

Who's an a-hole, I was just suggesting that maybe it's easier and faster to search for it. You know that typing "75969" in Google takes less time than opening this forum and asking about if it's a part of this set or not? 

I always have the forum open on my phone, it’s easier to type a simple message and read a simple reply than opening google, searching through the images to find a decent one and looking, making a snarky comment like “you know you can see it for yourself right?” Is a snarky comment, which makes you an a-hole ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

Guys, please watch your language. We are already on parole here. Every discussion can be held peacefully, ok? :classic:

Technically no bad language was used ?

and if someone makes a snarky comment to me rather than just be helpful I will call them out for it

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

I'd really like that, but when I suggest someone to search the set for himself, he starts name-calling me. 

8 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

There's no need for name calling, he didn't even react like an a-hole. He just pointed out searching for the set would take up less time than writing a comment, posting it and waiting for a reply

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I always have the forum open on my phone, it’s easier to type a simple message and read a simple reply than opening google, searching through the images to find a decent one and looking, making a snarky comment like “you know you can see it for yourself right?” Is a snarky comment, which makes you an a-hole ??‍♂️

Technically no bad language was used ?

All of the images are decent, the first images that pop up are literally the box and out of box pictures which always show the whole set. Opening Google (or any other browser that you have) is as easy as opening this forum, even if you have it opened.

All of the images are decent, the first images that pop up are literally the box and out of box pictures which always show the whole set. Opening Google (or any other browser that you have) is as easy as opening this forum, even if you have it opened.

It’s really not, but whatever

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

There's no need for name calling, he didn't even react like an a-hole. He just pointed out searching for the set would take up less time than writing a comment, posting it and waiting for a reply

As I’ve said, if someone makes a snarky comment, starting with “you know you” and ending with “right” makes it a snarky comment, I will call them out for it, I’m not taking snark from someone on a Lego forum

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

As I’ve said, if someone makes a snarky comment, starting with “you know you” and ending with “right” makes it a snarky comment, I will call them out for it, I’m not taking snark from someone on a Lego forum

Even if you disagree with something another person said to you there's no need to call him an a-hole

Let's all just calm down, there's no point to having an argument over this

Edited by Guyon2002

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It’s really not, but whatever

I just typed 75969 into Google and guess what, literally all of the first 10 images show the Greenhouse.

Also just because someone suggests something starting with "You know you", as I don't know if you've actually seen the set by yourself, doesn't mean he wanted to be rude or snarky.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Even if you disagree with something another person said to you there's no need to call him an a-hole

Let's all just calm down, there's no point to having an argument over this

There’s a difference between being helpful and guiding someone and making a snarky, sarcastic remark, I don’t butter up what I say to make people happy, if someone is being a sarcastic a-hole then I will tell them

i’m more than happy to end this, providing people stop being sarcastic when someone asks a simple question, especially when that person isn’t even the one being asked

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I just typed 75969 into Google and guess what, literally all of the first 10 images show the Greenhouse.

Ooh look, another snarky reply “and guess what” how about you just stop? Simples, the question wasn’t even aimed at you and you decided to be snarky

7 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

There’s a difference between being helpful and guiding someone and making a snarky, sarcastic remark, I don’t butter up what I say to make people happy, if someone is being a sarcastic a-hole then I will tell them

i’m more than happy to end this, providing people stop being sarcastic when someone asks a simple question, especially when that person isn’t even the one being asked

Ooh look, another snarky reply “and guess what” how about you just stop? Simples, the question wasn’t even aimed at you and you decided to be snarky

You know it's a forum, which means that ANYONE can reply to you, right (yes I know you're gonna say Oh LoOk AnOtHeR sNaRkY rEpLy)? If you asked a specific person, for example "@TheRandomBlocker , do you know the difference between asking a question and being rude?", then I wouldn't reply.

I also see how much you're busy. No time to type 75969 in Google, but you've got time for arguing with a random person on a Lego forum.

You know it's a forum, which means that ANYONE can reply to you, right (yes I know you're gonna say Oh LoOk AnOtHeR sNaRkY rEpLy)? If you asked a specific person, for example "@TheRandomBlocker , do you know the difference between asking a question and being rude?", then I wouldn't reply.

I also see how much you're busy. No time to type 75969 in Google, but you've got time for arguing with a random person on a Lego forum.

Because my life is any of your business at all, oh wait, it isn’t, how about get over yourself, I asked a question that required a simple answer, you made this into an argument by making a sarcastic comment rather than just answering the damn question, there’s a difference between a question and someone making an uncalled for comment within a question, I shall not be replying to any more of your messages because damn I cannot be arsed with you ??‍♂️

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Because my life is any of your business at all, oh wait, it isn’t, how about get over yourself, I asked a question that required a simple answer, you made this into an argument by making a sarcastic comment rather than just answering the damn question, there’s a difference between a question and someone making an uncalled for comment within a question, I shall not be replying to any more of your messages because damn I cannot be arsed with you ??‍♂️

I answered your question in the first sentence witha simple "It's part of the AT". Then I asked, without knowing if you've actually seen the full set by yourself, that you can google it and check the set yourself. And then you started attacking and name calling me.