Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Slightly different topic... But does anyone have any particular ideas or suggestions on a potential driver for the hogwarts express? Either an existing figure or a CMF. Just been looking at my train and again feeling a bit put off that the cabin is empty. :-)

10 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Interesting.

The other Tom clue points to us getting Tom the inn keeper. 

That's one interpretation. I think "another Tom" refers to another version of Tom Riddle, in addition to the book version, the language used in the hint makes more sense to me that way. Combined with the "He's Back" clue, I think we'll be getting OotP Voldy in a Ministry 75978.

1 hour ago, deskp said:

Cardigan Harry is beautiful though !

Yes it is! I love it. I just wish The Burrow, Grawp, and Privet Drive got new screen accurate prints

1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

It wasn't controversial it was like "oh ok that's a thing"...

Now can we please stop talking about diversity and talk about LEGO?

I’d say it was pretty controversial. After the new Hogwarts students pack was released, there was a whole page of debate here about the fact that Cho’s color wasn’t screen accurate and that now all Ravenclaw minifigs, which folks were hoping to use as army builders, will have brown hands.

(You can pop off the hands easily enough but I read somewhere that it’s technically against LEGO’s official recommendations).

As we discuss the potential haul of awesome new minifigs in the Diagon Alley set, I think it’s totally legit to speculate if LEGO will include some black and brown minifigs, which may not be screen accurate but offer some diversity to the lineup, that could take the place of some other minifigs folks are anticipating.

Edited by sebastian666

6 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Slightly different topic... But does anyone have any particular ideas or suggestions on a potential driver for the hogwarts express? Either an existing figure or a CMF. Just been looking at my train and again feeling a bit put off that the cabin is empty. :-)

This is him: Hogwarts Express conductor | Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom

I can't think of any parts of the top of my head unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would love exclusive versions of Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the D2C. Especially since they cheated out on them this year (not so much Hermione but Harry and Ron kinda got screwed over). If Harry has the same torso as Burrow and Grawp versions I’ll cry

I agree ? - HBP Harry Ron and Hermione in the outfits they wear in Weasley Wizard Wheezes would be amazing. I think Harry’s got some kind of plaid shirt on under his jacket, Ron’s wearing a green striped long sleeve shirt, and Hermione’s in a dusty rose jacket with her hair pulled back.

What do folks think that the “play features and pins” clue Kingnono gave us about the Diagon Alley set means?

All I can think of for play features are some kind of vanishing cabinet trick in Borgin & Burke and maybe a moving arm with a top hat for the WWW mascot?

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

What do folks think that the “play features and pins” clue Kingnono gave us about the Diagon Alley set means?

All I can think of for play features are some kind of vanishing cabinet trick in Borgin & Burke and maybe a moving arm with a top hat for the WWW mascot?

Play features could also include a way to have wands explode off the shelves in Ollivander’s, a flu fireplace in Borgin and Burke’s, or even a moving wall in a potential Leaky Cauldron. 

On the topic of minifigures, I was just looking at pics of the WWW scene to check what the trio and Ginny were wearing, and I realized that Fred and George aren’t wearing the exact same outfit. It’s not super noticeable in the screenshots of the film because of the lightning, but it’s fairly obvious in the promotional shots. https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Fred_and_George_Weasley?file=Fred_and_George_Weasley_(HBP_promo).jpg

Which makes me wonder if Lego will do the same figure for both like last time or if we’ll get two unique figs like we deserve. 

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Which makes me wonder if Lego will do the same figure for both like last time or if we’ll get two unique figs like we deserve. 

I actually wouldn't have a problem with the same torso for both. But, considering I won't have the money to get DA for a while and probably won't get it, my opinion really isn't very valuable.

56 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I agree ? - HBP Harry Ron and Hermione in the outfits they wear in Weasley Wizard Wheezes would be amazing. I think Harry’s got some kind of plaid shirt on under his jacket, Ron’s wearing a green striped long sleeve shirt, and Hermione’s in a dusty rose jacket with her hair pulled back.

Yeah Ron wears the striped green sweater for most of the film so he should have probably been given that print in the Burrow set

1 hour ago, Brick Guru said:

This is him: 

I can't think of any parts of the top of my head unfortunately. 

Thought i'd have a go. What do you think? :-D

5b758cf551b1d.image.jpg

5 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

5b758cf551b1d.image.jpg

That is perfect

Good job

4 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

5b758cf551b1d.image.jpg

Looks great! This head might work better, but the rest is great! LEGO NEW LIGHT Flesh Minifigure Head Bushy Brown Mustache Angry ...

25 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Looks great! This head might work better, but the rest is great! 

Better?

thumbnail_Resized_20200521_113010.jpg

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Better?

thumbnail_Resized_20200521_113010.jpg

Looks perfect! But really, it depends how you think it looks :wink:

They aren't lying around. Lol. Stolen from other themes I don't have currently displayed. The legs were spare (and generic), the torso is from Frodo which I have multiple of, The moustache is from CMF Series 13 Sherriff, The head is from a force awakens battle pack and the hat is from a Naboo trooper. :-) But i'm pretty happy with him. Might invest in the head, hat and torso from Bricklink.

Just now, chris6507 said:

They aren't lying around. Lol. Stolen from other themes I don't have currently displayed. The legs were spare (and generic), the torso is from Frodo which I have multiple of, The moustache is from CMF Series 13 Sherriff, The head is from a force awakens battle pack and the hat is from a Naboo trooper. :-) But i'm pretty happy with him. Might invest in the head, hat and torso from Bricklink.

I knew the Torso is Frodo, but I thought the head was old Flitwick ?

3 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Looks perfect! But really, it depends how you think it looks :wink:

I think they both look good, but at least the second way my Sheriff can have his mustache back! :-D

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I knew the Torso is Frodo, but I thought the head was old Flitwick ?

I did grab flitwick to try, but realised that it had glasses which didn't really fit.

2 hours ago, chris6507 said:

48226449732_0426505ae9_z.jpg

I use the top two for the engine crew (engineer and fireman in work coveralls), and the figure next to them in dark red for the conductor for my own custom Hogwarts Express. (The rest on the bottom row are random station people.)

Edited by Murdoch17

order-of-the-phoenix-movie-screencaps.co

The Hogwarts Express staff only appear in OotP as far as I know, the pictures of the rotund cheerful man are from Universal Studios. They have similar outfits though. 

Do you guys expect that the Garrick Ollivander minifigure from the microscale diagon alley set will also be in the September diagon alley set?

I don’t have this minifigure yet. Already saving up for the big set so I don’t wanna “waste” money on the micro scale set :-)

33 minutes ago, LegoNetherlands said:

Do you guys expect that the Garrick Ollivander minifigure from the microscale diagon alley set will also be in the September diagon alley set?

I don’t have this minifigure yet. Already saving up for the big set so I don’t wanna “waste” money on the micro scale set :-)

That seems to be the general expectation, since I think we all accept that with a set this scale the only way it’s going to get fully populated is if at least some of the minifigures have reused prints. Ollivander already has a perfectly acceptable figure in the reboot so naturally we expect the budget for new prints will go to other characters like the twins/Lucius Malfoy/Lockhart/etc. That being said, we don’t have any official word from Lego yet so nothing is certain yet. 

The Hogwarts Express drivers you guys have made look really good but I'd just like to point out the fact we have a seperate thread devoted to updated and custom HP figures :wink:

41 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

That seems to be the general expectation, since I think we all accept that with a set this scale the only way it’s going to get fully populated is if at least some of the minifigures have reused prints. Ollivander already has a perfectly acceptable figure in the reboot so naturally we expect the budget for new prints will go to other characters like the twins/Lucius Malfoy/Lockhart/etc. That being said, we don’t have any official word from Lego yet so nothing is certain yet. 

I do kinda hope they'll use a bit of budget for Ollivander to give him printed legs, I'd really like his coat to continue on his legs :grin:

10 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Lol for some reason I always assumed it was done by magic! Didn’t know there was a driver.

9 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I think it could mean literally anything. It could basically mean that it’s made of Lego, as Lego is a toy that is to be played with. Of course that’s a silly answer, but my point is basically all sets have playfeatures, and there’s so many things, story related or not, that could be regarded as a playfeature in DA. It could range from a vault with an opening door, to a crank to open the doors of Gringotts, to a fireplace that Harry can slide down in B&B. My point I guess is I think it’s a bit early to be able to speculate about those!