Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Something about this wave that bugged me was the Harry we got in the Gwarp set they used a common torso that has appeared in 15 sets since 2016 despite them making the accurate torso in the new collectible minifig series.

Perhaps unpopular opinion but I would rather have not gotten a harry minifig in the grawp and burrow sets and had that budget go to improving other minifigures such as printed skirt pieces, dual molded arms etc. Dont know if removing harry would have allowed for more prints and dual molds but :shrug_oh_well:

3 minutes ago, Nick unassembled said:

Perhaps unpopular opinion but I would rather have not gotten a harry minifig in the grawp and burrow sets and had that budget go to improving other minifigures such as printed skirt pieces, dual molded arms etc. Dont know if removing harry would have allowed for more prints and dual molds but :shrug_oh_well:

no budget was spendt on Harry in either of those sets, so not including it would not have made a positive impact.

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

no budget was spendt on Harry in either of those sets, so not including it would not have made a positive impact.

Thanks for the info. Like I hinted at in my comment I dont fully understand how the budget for these sets work but this gives me a better idea. 

18 minutes ago, Nick unassembled said:

Thanks for the info. Like I hinted at in my comment I dont fully understand how the budget for these sets work but this gives me a better idea. 

New moulds cost the most, followed by new prints and existing parts in new colours (the order of the latter two is mere guesswork). We know that each theme has a specific budget the designer team can spend on these three aspects, but there is not much specific public information beyond that :classic: The only anecdote we have is that the first wave of the theme went over-budget and took some of the budget of that year’s Jurassic World wave :grin:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

New moulds cost the most, followed by new prints and existing parts in new colours (the order of the latter two is mere guesswork). We know that each theme has a specific budget the designer team can spend on these three aspects, but there is not much specific public information beyond that :classic: The only anecdote we have is that the first wave of the theme went over-budget and took some of the budget of that year’s Jurassic World wave :grin:

should've taken the whole budget imo ?

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Appreciate this. Really glad Harry Potter has gotten 2 CMF series so that we get so many great minifigures without affecting the budget of the sets. 

On Lego's Instagram story - Lego know it's the Ravenclaw Dorm and doesn't count as a Common Room, confirmed! :oh3::oh:*oh2**huh*:distressed::enough:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

From what I remember part recolors and new prints cost about the same (although I assume an assemblage like legs or a torso would cost more to recolor than a single solid piece). But yeah, that’s why so many new molds and recolors show up in CMFs, they have a separate budget. 

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

This way at least we get something in June, I’ll take it. And I also think it’s likely B&N or some similar retailer will get the sets in July just like last year. Is much rather wait one month than two. I hate how they do this but I’m sure they have their reasons for staggering the release this way, as frustrating as it is

They were available at the LEGO store last July as well. This will be the first time they haven’t been. 

4 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

9. Draco Malfoy (HBP, Suit)

I don't think making Draco's black suit exclusive to a $400 set will sit well with the fans :sceptic: It's iconic for him, it could be included but I doubt it'll be exclusive

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think making Draco's black suit exclusive to a $400 set will sit well with the fans :sceptic: It's iconic for him, it could be included but I doubt it'll be exclusive

Well, I imagine it wouldn't stay exclusive forever. I'm just saying that, if they include that variant in DA, we know it isn't in any other sets this year, so it would be exclusive at the time of DA's release, but I do think that, whether we get it there or not, it will almost certainly show up for Deathly Hallows.

4 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

6. Mr. Borgin

I agree with nearly all of your predictions except for this one.

Kingnono gave us a clue about Gringott’s inclusion in Diagon Alley via a quote by Bellatrix / Hermione “I wish to enter my vault” so I think we are more likely to get Bellatrix in this set than Mr. Borgin. Maybe we will get lucky and get both. 

The other thing I took into account on my prediction list is diversity. I don’t think LEGO will release a set with 12-20 minifigs representing the Wizarding community and not include a single person of color. 

My guess is that the set will include minifigs Dean Thomas and Cho Chang in some form. Maybe Dean in Quidditch gear (would work well with Quality Quidditch Supplies) and maybe Cho in Muggle clothes as she appears in Weasley Wizarding Wheezes.

Edited by sebastian666

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

On Lego's Instagram story - Lego know it's the Ravenclaw Dorm and doesn't count as a Common Room, confirmed! :oh3::oh:*oh2**huh*:distressed::enough:

Ravenclaw pride!!

48 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I agree with nearly all of your predictions except for this one.

Kingnono gave us a clue about Gringott’s inclusion in Diagon Alley via a quote by Bellatrix / Hermione “I wish to enter my vault” so I think we are more likely to get Bellatrix in this set than Mr. Borgin. Maybe we will get lucky and get both. 

The other thing I took into account on my prediction list is diversity. I don’t think LEGO will release a set with 12-20 minifigs representing the Wizarding community and not include a single person of color. 

My guess is that the set will include minifigs Dean Thomas and Cho Chang in some form. Maybe Dean in Quidditch gear (would work well with Quality Quidditch Supplies) and maybe Cho in Muggle clothes as she appears in Weasley Wizarding Wheezes.

I can only speak for myself but I would much rather see Mr. Borgin in the D2C than Dean and Cho

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I can only speak for myself but I would much rather see Mr. Borgin in the D2C than Dean and Cho

I would rather see new minifigs introduced than another Cho it would be cool for them to introduce other characters like Lee Jordan to the mix instead of having two Cho's this year.

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I’d rather see the random creepy Knockturn Alley witch (“Not lost are you dear?”) but I’m just being realistic. LEGO wants to appeal to a diverse audience.

2 minutes ago, KilZol said:

I would rather see new minifigs introduced than another Cho it would be cool for them to introduce other characters like Lee Jordan to the mix instead of having two Cho's this year.

I agree ?. I’d much rather see Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson (maybe in her Quidditch gear) than another Cho.

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I’d rather see the random creepy Knockturn Alley witch (“Not lost are you dear?”) but I’m just being realistic. LEGO wants to appeal to a diverse audience.

I agree ?. I’d much rather see Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson (maybe in her Quidditch gear) than another Cho.

I'de appreciate the Patil twins as well as we didn't get yule ball versions of them last year.

10 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Lego rarely goes out of their way to be diverse.  these are movie based sets, and the appeal comes from recreating that.

Just look at the rest of the Potter sets.

I'd hope Lego take the opportunity to create the characters from the locations. especially ones who doesn't show up elsewhere.

I would love exclusive versions of Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the D2C. Especially since they cheated out on them this year (not so much Hermione but Harry and Ron kinda got screwed over). If Harry has the same torso as Burrow and Grawp versions I’ll cry

47 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Harry and Ron kinda got screwed over

Cardigan Harry is beautiful though !

1 hour ago, deskp said:

Lego rarely goes out of their way to be diverse.  these are movie based sets, and the appeal comes from recreating that.

Just look at the rest of the Potter sets.

True, but I believe that is changing and I think the controversial decision to make the Cho Chang minifig brown (or “nougat”) to indicate her representation as a POC reflects that shift. Here’s an interesting article on the evolving focus on diversity in LEGO minifigs:

https://blog.minifigures.com/able-ism-and-diversity-in-lego/

8 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

My Proposed DA Figure List, for GG, WWW, FB, BB, Olliv.

(The first twelve are the exclusives, using the Kingnono hint. Since there are pairs of identical figures, I think they'd take up only one exclusivity spot together.)

1/2. Fred/George Weasley x2

3. Lucius Malfoy

4. Narcissa Malfoy 

5. Gilderoy Lockhart

6. Mr. Borgin

7/8. Gringotts Goblin x2

9. Draco Malfoy (HBP, Suit)

10. Ginny (CoS)

11. Hermione (HBP)

12. Hermione (CoS, Blue Jumper)

Reprints:

13. Harry (PS/CoS, 75953)

14. Ron (CoS, 75981)

15. Hagrid (75954)

16. Fenrir Greyback (75980)

17. Draco (CoS, torso from 75969)

18. Mr. Ollivander (40289)

19. Harry (HBP, 75980)

20. Ron (HBP, 75980)

Interesting.

The other Tom clue points to us getting Tom the inn keeper. Maybe instead of Natsissa because I haven't heard anything about her before. Plus I can see her coming in a hogwarts battle set. Like last time. I nreally love that figure. And the tree from that set works really well with the tree from aragogs liar

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

True, but I believe that is changing and I think the controversial decision to make the Cho Chang minifig brown (or “nougat”) to indicate her representation as a POC reflects that shift. Here’s an interesting article on the evolving focus on diversity in LEGO minifigs:

https://blog.minifigures.com/able-ism-and-diversity-in-lego/

It wasn't controversial it was like "oh ok that's a thing"...

Now can we please stop talking about diversity and talk about LEGO?