Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I fully expect multiple Harry figures in the D2C, at least two. As long as they don’t go overboard with multiple versions of multiple characters I think it’ll be fine. I’m expecting 12-15 minifigures but definitely hoping for more! 

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You know something that deeply frustrates me? How the minifigure pack comes out on June 1st for the US, while the rest of the sets release on August 1st. Why not have all the sets release on June for the U.S to accompany the pack?

Be happy we at least get the minifig pack :pir-wink: this is the second year in a row this has happened, and im sure ppl remember me complaining about it last year! :pir-tongue: I’ve learned you have to take it w a grain of salt. We will likely get one set early from Walmart as well if last year’s Expecto Patronum set is any indication :pir-love:

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You know something that deeply frustrates me? How the minifigure pack comes out on June 1st for the US, while the rest of the sets release on August 1st. Why not have all the sets release on June for the U.S to accompany the pack?

The last two years, they said the sets released August in the US before shifting it up to July with limited availability. Seeing as how the original Shop@Home listings for these sets even said July 1, I'd be quite surprised if we have to wait till August.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I fully expect multiple Harry figures in the D2C, at least two. As long as they don’t go overboard with multiple versions of multiple characters I think it’ll be fine. I’m expecting 12-15 minifigures but definitely hoping for more! 

I agree, I think there definitely has to be at least two Harry minifigures to fit with all the scenes; a Harry with short legs to fit in with Gringotts, Ollivanders, the Leaky Cauldron and *maybe* Flourish and Blotts (tho apart from Lucius' and Lockhart's possible inclusion I don't think that's as likely to appear) and then a 2020 Harry alongside the other HBP-aged figures for Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and Borgin and Burkes. 

So a large part of the minifigure selection could emphasise Half-Blood-Price as that's more fitting with this year's wave but the builds could equally represent the films. 

9 hours ago, 8fifty said:

Just a vague speculation from myself regarding the "almost" statement: We don't get seven Harrys, we get seven buildings: The most popular one from each year. Don't take this too serious guys :wink:

Was Diagon Alley even featured in the fourth and fifth years? I had been speculating about something similar but realized I couldn't think of anything for those two.

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

Prices dropping fast for the new sets on amazon.de 

They are already sold out. You can't preorder them anymore, only from third-party sellers

15 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

They are already sold out. You can't preorder them anymore, only from third-party sellers

Wow they went fast. This morning you still could. 

Harry Potter Bricktober is £14+£3.99 delivery at Amazon if anyone's interested. Sorry it's not the right place :innocent:

Also new sets on offer at Watersones with code STAYALERT giving 10% off, orders over £40 I think :classic:

Edited by sammy_zammy

44 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Harry Potter Bricktober is £14+£3.99 delivery at Amazon if anyone's interested. Sorry it's not the right place :innocent:

Also new sets on offer at Watersones with code STAYALERT, orders over £40 I think :classic:

Good find. ? I have two so don't need it, but that's a decent price if you do.

This way at least we get something in June, I’ll take it. And I also think it’s likely B&N or some similar retailer will get the sets in July just like last year. Is much rather wait one month than two. I hate how they do this but I’m sure they have their reasons for staggering the release this way, as frustrating as it is

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

This way at least we get something in June, I’ll take it. And I also think it’s likely B&N or some similar retailer will get the sets in July just like last year. Is much rather wait one month than two. I hate how they do this but I’m sure they have their reasons for staggering the release this way, as frustrating as it is

Wait what's coming in June for you guys?

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

Also new sets on offer at Watersones with code STAYALERT, orders over £40 I think :classic:

What does the code do? :) 

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

What does the code do? :) 

oops, forgot to say. 10% off. Also TopCashBack available, with £2 bonus today

Edited by sammy_zammy

26 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

10% off, just had a look, not worth it for me personally as I get 15% at work

25 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

oops, forgot to say. 10% off. Also TopCashBack available, with £2 bonus today

Cheers :) 

Hey, I hope this can be asked in this forum and it isnt off topic but anyone explain how the points for Lego VIP work. I was considering buying diagon alley off the Lego website. I know that sometimes there is double points but how many points would you get from buying diagon alley, a $400 set? And what can that be used for

54 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Hey, I hope this can be asked in this forum and it isnt off topic but anyone explain how the points for Lego VIP work. I was considering buying diagon alley off the Lego website. I know that sometimes there is double points but how many points would you get from buying diagon alley, a $400 set? And what can that be used for

You get 5% of the cost's worth back in points. Once you reach a certain threshold you can redeem them to get a voucher that you apply at checkout on your next order. You can also get other things with points. You can use multiple vouchers per order, and all points expire 18 months after last activity (i.e. last time you redeemed points/bought something that earned points).

In double VIP, you get double that so 10%.

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

You get 5% of the cost's worth back in points. Once you reach a certain threshold you can redeem them to get a voucher that you apply at checkout on your next order. You can also get other things with points. You can use multiple vouchers per order, and all points expire 1 year after last activity (i.e. last time you redeemed points/bought something that earned points).

Thanks for that

42 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

You get 5% of the cost's worth back in points. Once you reach a certain threshold you can redeem them to get a voucher that you apply at checkout on your next order. You can also get other things with points. You can use multiple vouchers per order, and all points expire 1 year after last activity (i.e. last time you redeemed points/bought something that earned points).

The LEGO website actually says 18 months, not 1 year. It also mentions you'll get an email before they remove all of your VIP points.

6 minutes ago, Salix said:

The LEGO website actually says 18 months, not 1 year. It also mentions you'll get an email before they remove all of your VIP points.

Thanks, edited

My Proposed DA Figure List, for GG, WWW, FB, BB, Olliv.

(The first twelve are the exclusives, using the Kingnono hint. Since there are pairs of identical figures, I think they'd take up only one exclusivity spot together.)

1/2. Fred/George Weasley x2

3. Lucius Malfoy

4. Narcissa Malfoy 

5. Gilderoy Lockhart

6. Mr. Borgin

7/8. Gringotts Goblin x2

9. Draco Malfoy (HBP, Suit)

10. Ginny (CoS)

11. Hermione (HBP)

12. Hermione (CoS, Blue Jumper)

Reprints:

13. Harry (PS/CoS, 75953)

14. Ron (CoS, 75981)

15. Hagrid (75954)

16. Fenrir Greyback (75980)

17. Draco (CoS, torso from 75969)

18. Mr. Ollivander (40289)

19. Harry (HBP, 75980)

20. Ron (HBP, 75980)

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

If this hasn’t been answered yet...it looks like us in the States may have to wait for 40419. When I ordered 10273 I asked about the pack being able June 1st. They couldn’t find any information about it, even internally. While not concrete as it may not have hit the system yet(although doubtful), we may have to wait for the rest of the theme.