Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

The buildings rumored to be in the D2C Diagon Alley set include Gringott’s, Bourgin & Burke’s, Ollivander’s, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Flourish & Blotts, and Weasley Wizard Wheezes.

Kingnono also gave us a clue about time travel... I think this means we may be getting multiples of some key minifigures at different time periods (similar to how LEGO included two different crews with characters at different ages for the D2C Millennium Falcon).

Based on the building rumors, Kingnono’s clues, and my guess of 20 minifigures, my prediction for the minifigures are:

1. Harry Potter (PS Muggle Clothes)

2. Hagrid

3. Ollivander

4. Griphook Goblin

5. Goblin #2

6. Harry Potter (CoS Floo Powder Face, Muggle Clothes, Gryffindor Cape)

7. Ron Weasley (CoS Muggle Clothes, Gryffindor Cape)

8. Hermione Granger (CoS Muggle Clothes, Gryffindor Cape)

9. Ginny Weasley (CoS Muggle Clothes)

10. Lucius Malfoy

11. Draco Malfoy (CoS Muggle Clothes, Slytherin Cape)

12. Gilderoy Lockhart (Blue Robes)

13. Harry Potter (HBP Muggle Clothes)

14. Cho Chang (HBP Muggle Clothes)

15. Dean Thomas (HBP Gryffindor Quidditch Gear)

16. Fred Weasley (HBP Pinstripe Suit)

17. George Weasley (HBP Pinstripe Suit)

18. Narcissa Malfoy

19. Draco Malfoy (HBP Black Suit)

20. Bellatrix Lestrange (Hermione polyjuiced)

Edited by sebastian666

19 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Probably the same as the most recent series so £3.49.

ah, good, I'll probably buy the full set off eBay again and then just buy random packs from work when I buy the sets ?

40 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The buildings rumored to be in the D2C Diagon Alley set include Gringott’s, Bourgin & Burke’s, Ollivander’s, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Flourish & Blotts, and Weasley Wizard Wheezes.

The only ones that have been confirmed to be included are Borgin & Burke's and Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. All the others are speculation or wishlists.

18 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

The only ones that have been confirmed to be included are Borgin & Burke's and Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. All the others are speculation or wishlists.

The “Tom” hint seems to suggest Leaky Cauldron though... and wasnt there a hint suggesting Olivander’s?

Edited by m0repotter

1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

Sorry if I missed something in the discussion but... a bag of what?

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

a CMF bag? The last lot were £2.99/ €3.99 /$3.99 this next series will likely be  £3.49/ € 3.99 /$4.99 though.

Ah thank you 

there is going to be a mini fig series 2, I meant a cmf bag

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Exactly my point, you can’t judge an amount of figures based on price, also, that set may have only had 4 minifigures, but it did also include Baby Voldemort, so technically you were right before the edit ?

Doesn’t the statue count as a minifigure too? It’s all unprinted granted but the body has the same cost of the arm and hand pre-assembly process.

i imagine cost wise the three dress slopes in the set reduce the cost of the figures overall as they don’t need pre-assembly like regular legs do

12 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Technically everything is still rumors and speculation as nothing has been officially confirmed yet, but a few weeks ago, in response to his Time-Turner clue, an Instagram fan commented:

“@minga._.089 - My guess, we will get different Harry’s. Year 1 in Ollivander’s. Year 2 in Flourish and Blotts, Year 3 in the Leaky Cauldron, Year 6 in WWW and Year 7 in Gringott’s.”

Kingnono responded directly to this person’s prediction and stated:

“@_kingnono_ - @minga._.089 almost right :) ”

There were many other predictions and comments on this clue, but this is the only one Kingnono confirmed was “almost right.”

In my mind, “almost right” means you’re close but off by one thing. I think this person was probably off on the Leaky Cauldron prediction, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

I’m curious to hear what other folks think.

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

Doesn’t the statue count as a minifigure too? It’s all unprinted granted but the body has the same cost of the arm and hand pre-assembly process.

i imagine cost wise the three dress slopes in the set reduce the cost of the figures overall as they don’t need pre-assembly like regular legs do

I think anything with minifigure pieces would count, so yeah, technically it does have 5 figures

7 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong (I haven’t seen the clue), is it definitely about the other set? What if it’s referring to Diagon Alley and it’s Tom the Innkeeper meaning we’ll get the Leaky Cauldron or at least part of it?

I completly agree. I think is the clue is referring to Tom the innkeaper. I was trying to say that there is not much backing this chamber of secrets rumor. and that it is the only reason that people think there is a chance of a COS happening this year.

Just now, Tommy269 said:

I completly agree. I think is the clue is referring to Tom the innkeaper. I was trying to say that there is not much backing this chamber of secrets rumor. and that it is the only reason that people think there is a chance of a COS happening this year.

I think the fact we're 100% getting Riddle in a book and rumoured to be getting Lockhart in the CMF then that proves it's not the Chamber, I think the "Other Tom" is either referring to Tom the Innkeeper, or the fact that Dumbledore calls Voldemort Tom in the Ministry Atrium, so I think 1 of those 2 is possible, I will be happily surprised if it is the Chamber, but I doubt it very much

3 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I think people also think it could be COS because of the “iconic underground scene” hint. To me (aside from the Inferi Cave and MOM battle) subjectively out of all of them COS reads as the most “iconic” but I still dont think we’re likely to get 2 COS (film) sets this wave. Just my opinion based on the hint about why other people might think that

Edited by m0repotter

40 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I didn't know that WWW was confirmed. That's great! Hoping for Gringotts and Ollivanders and maybe The Leaky Cauldron (don't know what to expect after that)

Edited by Brick Guru

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

I didn't know that WWW was confirmed. That's great! Hoping for Gringotts and Ollivanders (don't know what to expect after that)

nothing's "confirmed" per se, everything unless confirmed by lego is still just rumour and speculation, no matter how reliable the leaker is because things can either be changed or they can just be wrong

38 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Kingnono also gave us a more explicit clue about Gringott’s being included when he posted the quote:

“I wish to enter my vault.”

In the comments, he went on to say “can’t say too much about, but every quote has to do with a minifigure or PLACE that we get in LEGO in a few months.”

Kingnono also replied “That’s true” in response to someone who said “I can only think of Hermione as Bellatrix saying this.”

23 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Technically everything is still rumors and speculation as nothing has been officially confirmed yet, but a few weeks ago, in response to his Time-Turner clue, an Instagram fan commented:

“@minga._.089 - My guess, we will get different Harry’s. Year 1 in Ollivander’s. Year 2 in Flourish and Blotts, Year 3 in the Leaky Cauldron, Year 6 in WWW and Year 7 in Gringott’s.”

There were many other predictions and comments on this clue, but this is the only one Kingnono confirmed was “almost right.”

In my mind, “almost right” means you’re close but off by one thing. I think this person was probably off on the Leaky Cauldron prediction, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

I’m curious to hear what other folks think.

what about borgin and burkes, do people think it will be based on cos or hbp. I recon HBP

1 minute ago, Tommy269 said:

what about borgin and burkes, do people think it will be based on cos or hbp. I recon HBP

Could be both.

I imagine we are going to get a CoS Harry, Lucius, and Draco, as well as an HBP Harry, Narcissa, and Draco so either scene could be played out. 

Kingnono gave a clue about “several families” being completed, which is why I am confident we are getting both Lucius and Narcissa.

I wager the exterior of Borgin & Burke’s will look just like this and be tucked between Gringott’s and Ollivander’s:

6006510-high-res__99915.1580142521.jpg?c

is the old Molly Weasley hairpiece no longer in circulation? I'm currently looking over the sets coming in June (wanted to see what Ginny looked like and got sidetracked) and realised that they're using that god awful Qi'ra hairpiece for Molly and it's so inaccurate compared to the previous one

I also take back what I said about Slughorn, his torso is different and his hairpiece isn't two colours either (still inaccurate to Slughorn though, could've given us his cap)

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

is the old Molly Weasley hairpiece no longer in circulation? I'm currently looking over the sets coming in June (wanted to see what Ginny looked like and got sidetracked) and realised that they're using that god awful Qi'ra hairpiece for Molly and it's so inaccurate compared to the previous one

I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying it being discontinued.

4 minutes ago, Salix said:

I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying it being discontinued.

ugh, that sucks, hopefully it's not too expensive on BL because no way am I having one of my most anticipated figures looking like a doof

it was at this moment he realised he'd f--ked up, it's £3.99 on BL, might have to order from out of the country... ugh

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I also take back what I said about Slughorn, his torso is different and his hairpiece isn't two colours either (still inaccurate to Slughorn though, could've given us his cap)

I would of loved if they gave him the cap and graduation robes in brown. That would have looked perfect. what coluld have been

Just now, Tommy269 said:

I would of loved if they gave him the cap and graduation robes in brown. That would have looked perfect. what coluld have been

true that, I googled an image of Slughorn because I wanted to make sure saying that the hairpiece was inaccurate wasn't wrong (I wasn't) and saw the cap and robes and was like "damn, coulda, woulda, shoulda"

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Just a vague speculation from myself regarding the "almost" statement: We don't get seven Harrys, we get seven buildings: The most popular one from each year. Don't take this too serious guys :wink: Nevertheless, getting more than one Harry in this set would be scary.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

There were many other predictions and comments on this clue, but this is the only one Kingnono confirmed was “almost right.

You totally forget his ":)" comment on @Huigberts Builds' guess about the actor that played the war doctor (time traveller) as well as Garrick Ollivander :grin:

You know something that deeply frustrates me? How the minifigure pack comes out on June 1st for the US, while the rest of the sets release on August 1st. Why not have all the sets release on June for the U.S to accompany the pack?