Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I really hope we get Harry in his HBP red jacket outfit in the Diagon Alley set. I know it isn’t scene accurate but it may be out only shot at getting that variant, and it would make for a nice exclusive version. 

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope we get Harry in his HBP red jacket outfit in the Diagon Alley set. I know it isn’t scene accurate but it may be out only shot at getting that variant, and it would make for a nice exclusive version. 

isn't that the outfit Harry wears in the inferi cave, if that is what the set mentioned above is then he could come in that

I hope this doesn't sound to negative. I really want a Inferi Cave and it was on my Prediction list, I put it where the ROR set is now. But I have sort have given up hope. IF we are trusting Kingnono ( which I am still no sold on) The 'he's back' clue and the 'underground'clue make it 'Pretty obvious' that we are getting a MOM. (Or Maybe Fudge will coem in the DA) The 'another Tom' clue is the only thing behind the chamber of secrets rumor. Why would they put him in a book if they were putting him in a set later in the year. Rant over. Over all we don't now whats to come, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Completly random, but do you think we will ever get another Forbidden corridor 

1 minute ago, Tommy269 said:

I never thought we'd get another Dursley House or a single Tonks minifigure (let alone the rumoured 2), so I'd say anything is possible atm, my biggest hope is for a OoTP (tidy) Sirius Black because my custom looks good, but I want an official

can I just ask, one of KingNono's clues says "a betrayer will join the collection", isn't Xenophilius Lovegood referred to as "the betrayer" or something along those lines? I may be mistaken

15 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I hope so. We really need a new mold for Fluffy.

34 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

can I just ask, one of KingNono's clues says "a betrayer will join the collection", isn't Xenophilius Lovegood referred to as "the betrayer" or something along those lines? I may be mistaken

Some people have theorized this could be referring to Lockhart, since he turns on Harry and Ron after going down to the Chamber of Secrets (not to mention that Lockhart’s entire shtick was to get close to someone who’d done something noteworthy, charm them into telling him their life story and then steal it for his own). 

Alternatively, it could be referring to Griphook from the CMF. That was a pretty early clue so I can’t remember if it came before or after the package leaked. 

Edited by Accio Lego

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Some people have theorized this could be referring to Lockhart, since he turns on Harry and Ron after going down to the Chamber of Secrets (not to mention that Lockhart’s entire shtick was to get close to someone who’d done something noteworthy, charm them into telling him their life story and then steal it for his own). 

Alternatively, it could be referring to Griphook from the CMF. That was a pretty early clue so I can’t remember if it came before or after the package leaked. 

damn, both of those make sense too, actually make more sense than Lovegood because I could imagine they save him for either CMF 3 when it comes out at the same time as films 7/8 or for the Lovegood house which I hope we get in Lego form like the Burrow ?

25 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

question for a fellow Fluffy fan, would you rather have him brickbuilt, with more poseability and 3 head moulds, akin to the Fantastic Beasts beasts, or be moulded like the original?

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

question for a fellow Fluffy fan, would you rather have him brickbuilt, with more poseability and 3 head moulds, akin to the Fantastic Beasts beasts, or be moulded like the original?

I would actually rather brickbuilt. Much more posable than one mould. Sort of like the FB beasts, yeah.

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

I would actually rather brickbuilt. Much more posable than one mould. Sort of like the FB beasts, yeah.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, haha, whilst I feel the HP brickbuilt beasts have been disappointing so far (Basilisk and Horntail), I think Fluffy would be so much better ngl

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, haha, whilst I feel the HP brickbuilt beasts have been disappointing so far (Basilisk and Horntail), I think Fluffy would be so much better ngl

Yeah, the HP beasts weren't so great but the FB ones were great imo. 

In response to Hannah Abbott and other minifigures reusing a head: I understand people want to get new exclusive parts with every expensive LEGO purchase - but isn't the whole fun of LEGO that the same parts can be reused in tons of different ways? Aside from iconic features like a lightning-scar and circilar glasses, I don't think most LEGO heads for normal people with eyes and a mouth capture enough detail that they shouldn't be reused often. My view has always been that unnecessary exclusive prints are just a tool to increase sales to collectors. More exclusives mean it's harder to collect everything and figures/sets more expensive on the resale market. So I would honestly prefer less exclusive figures/parts across sets. But despite that general opinion, overall I am thrilled with the variety of minifigures this wave. I think we could do well to reflect on even 2018, but especially 2011 and earlier when a large proportion of the figures for each wave wore the same exact Gryffindor uniform! I have been recently reassembling loose Harry Potter minifigures from all my scattered parts of 2001-2011 and I can't imagine the nightmare this would be if every character had had a slightly differently worn sweater, cloak, and/or scarf as they do now.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:54 PM, sammy_zammy said:

Woah! Yeah there’s not been any of the Harry Potter CMFs in stores online or offline for at least 12 months in the UK. It’s all eBay, Bricklink and FB Marketplace now. Obviously that means you can choose your character but that does mean Harry Pyjamas, Luna and Trelawney are expensive.

At least in this series there’s only 16 to collect. Of course this shouldn’t matter to me as I didn’t collect the FB ones anyway, but it does mean that t  he rarer of the 16 HP ones are a little bit easier to find!

So glad you mentioned Harry, Luna and Trelawney being valuable. Decided to go down to the ebgames store I talked about this morning and they still had one and a half boxes of Harry Potter CMF still. I could only be bother feeling through half of them, but left with 2 Percival Graves, 2 Lunas, 1 Pyjamas Harry, 1 Trelawney and a Tina Goldstein (I wanted the last one). Not too bad a haul for $48 AUD (Ebgames charges $6 a figure, so a little more expensive, but worth it).

3 hours ago, Brick Guru said:

I could see as a 2022 set. I think they would be some sort of molding for each head. If they did do you think that they would break them up into multiple sets. The other thing I was wondering about it is whether how they would do the chess game. They couldn't do a whole board, could they 

3 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

damn, both of those make sense too, actually make more sense than Lovegood because I could imagine they save him for either CMF 3 when it comes out at the same time as films 7/8 or for the Lovegood house which I hope we get in Lego form like the Burrow ?

I would 100% prefer a moulded one myself. But I like any "characters" to be moulded. So i'll put my vote on that! :-)

4 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I could see as a 2022 set. I think they would be some sort of molding for each head. If they did do you think that they would break them up into multiple sets. The other thing I was wondering about it is whether how they would do the chess game. They couldn't do a whole board, could they 

Depending on the size of the set they could do a grid 8x8 of the 2x2 black and white tiles with the studs and then use micro figures and the figures they use for the LEGO "Board Games" for the pieces. That would definitely represent the scene. You are never going to get a full scale version. That would be massive.

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

If they had made an Asian character’s “skin” the regular flesh color, I would imagine there would be finger pointing of “whitewashing” despite the actual skin tone of the character in question. That’s my assumption anyways. 

Do we have an official, or even a semi “I heard from that person who works at LEGO” of why they made Asians that darker color? I’m guessing to differentiate them from being white, since other defining characteristics aren’t a thing in LEGO.

I don’t think this would happen. Rose Tico had a normal flesh colored head (as did her sister) two years after Dr. Wu from Jurassic World used this light nougat (?) skin tone. Cho should definitely have a normal light flesh colored head in LEGO. People can be different colors even if they’re from the same ethnic background. LEGO also used a weird skin tone for the Ian Malcolm minifigures that wasn’t the usual flesh color, so I don’t understand some of their choices.

I love that we’re getting Hannah Abbott, as I like getting named students and of course she ends up marrying Neville so she’s slightly more important than another random Hufflepuff would be in my eyes. Also, I think reusing faces is perfectly fine for very minor characters like her, and at least she reuses a rarer face print and not one of the insanely generic Star Wars ones like Jyn Erso’s. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

55 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t think this would happen. Rose Tico had a normal flesh colored head (as did her sister) two years after Dr. Wu from Jurassic World used this light nougat (?) skin tone. Cho should definitely have a normal light flesh colored head in LEGO. People can be different colors even if they’re from the same ethnic background. LEGO also used a weird skin tone for the Ian Malcolm minifigures that wasn’t the usual flesh color, so I don’t understand some of their choices.

I love that we’re getting Hannah Abbott, as I like getting named students and of course she ends up marrying Neville so she’s slightly more important than another random Hufflepuff would be in my eyes. Also, I think reusing faces is perfectly fine for very minor characters like her, and at least she reuses a rarer face print and not one of the insanely generic Star Wars ones like Jyn Erso’s. 

True about Rose...that does make this, and the few others, odd. BD Wong & Benedict Wong(no relation...I think:grin:) are okay either way I think, but looking at Kelly Tran,..it does make Cho’s color even stranger. Just another “mystery decision” made by LEGO I suppose. 

Ditto on getting Abbott. Minor or not, I like getting named characters instead of just “Generic student #2.” 

10 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I think they probably did that just so Harry’s room wasn’t empty, I mean it literally sits there on his shelf, at least we get something, I just find PoA and OotP Privet Drive more interesting than CoS ??

I still have it built mainly because so far it’s the only one we have, but (hopefully) as soon as a new one comes or I can find good custom instructions online I will demolish it ?

Personally I’m pretending it’s the snake form of the boggart in PoA ?

10 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Why would  they undergo criticism for making Cho a more natural colour for her? They have already made other asian looking character in light flesh / light nougat. 

JK Rowling is currently under fire for given Cho a 'stereotypical name'. LEGO getting criticised for 'whitewashing' an Asian girl isn't that farfetched. 

https://etcanada.com/news/644076/j-k-rowling-comes-under-fire-for-stereotypical-character-names-in-harry-potter/

9 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

The 'another Tom' clue is the only thing behind the chamber of secrets rumor. Why would they put him in a book if they were putting him in a set later in the year.

That's exactly what I thought, it just wouldn't make sense to do that. We'll see soon enough :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Brick built to be consistent with other larger beasts.

With the gift with purchase  coming should I wait to get the sets I was planning on getting on June 1 to make sure I get it and do we know what it is.

14 minutes ago, KilZol said:

With the gift with purchase  coming should I wait to get the sets I was planning on getting on June 1 to make sure I get it and do we know what it is.

We actually have no idea when the GWP is supposed to be released. It could be in conjunction with the D2C, or at some seemingly random point in time like in 2018 :shrug_oh_well: So your decision depends on whether you want to buy the D2C and if you‘re willing to wait a couple of months in case the GWP gets released in November again :grin:

1 hour ago, KilZol said:

Completely depends on what's on your wishlist. The GWP will most likely release alongside the D2C or at a random time later in the year like the DA GWP in 2018. I want to get the D2C but I know I most likely won't be able to afford it for a while when it comes out so I'm holding off on the Burrow untill the GWP releases. Just look at what you want to get and make sure you have around $100 on HP sets for the GWP if you want it (we don't actually know what the minimum will be but it was 99 for the DA GWP) :wink:

The GWP is a microversion of Hogsmeade with a currently unknown figure

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Completely depends on what's on your wishlist. The GWP will most likely release alongside the D2C or at a random time later in the year like the DA GWP in 2018. I want to get the D2C but I know I most likely won't be able to afford it for a while when it comes out so I'm holding off on the Burrow untill the GWP releases. Just look at what you want to get and make sure you have around $100 on HP sets for the GWP if you want it (we don't actually know what the minimum will be but it was 99 for the DA GWP) :wink:

The GWP is a microversion of Hogsmeade with a currently unknown figure

It will probably be either Aberforth or Rosmerta