Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Yes yes yes! I'm so glad this set actually turned out to be a thing. All I was really hoping for with this was the jumpers and it comes with the jumpers so I'm now definitely going to go out of my way to get a few copies of this, at least two as soon as it comes out! 

I'm actually going to have some properly uniformed Hufflepuffs! :excited: The more I think about the opportunities of this set the happier it makes me. 

45 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Very true. But it doesn't make it easier to create diversity of Ravenclaws! Lol

lol yeah, Ideal pack would be 4 different houses with all color skin tone, but it's gonna cost you a ton.

31711582004_0f7fcd82aa.jpg

I think the next torso we need is the one with the black tie from PS before they've been sorted! They had them on the 2001 sets.

15 minutes ago, Bluetus said:

lol yeah, Ideal pack would be 4 different houses with all color skin tone, but it's gonna cost you a ton.

31711582004_0f7fcd82aa.jpg

Sorry that this is off-topic but the head with the beard (second to the bottom), where's it from?

16 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Sorry that this is off-topic but the head with the beard (second to the bottom), where's it from?

Spiderman 3 from 2002 I think. 

is it exactly Cho?  in a series of figures she has a light brown wand.  by the way.  the print of the sweater is slightly different here.  the hairstyle is more reminiscent of Padma than Cho

18 minutes ago, MaximVlogs said:

is it exactly Cho?  in a series of figures she has a light brown wand.  by the way.  the print of the sweater is slightly different here.  the hairstyle is more reminiscent of Padma than Cho

I thought the same. I will use the figure as Padma

Got almost what I wanted. Nice gender neutral HP minifigure pack with each house included. I thought they'd make something like this with two boys and two girls.

The choices though I'm less impressed. I'm happy to get an older Draco that's cheaper to get than the AT, shame how black his eyebrows are.

We really didn't need another Harry fig though, they could've had like anyone else: Percy, Ginny, Seamus, Parvati, Katie Bell etc.

Hannah Abbot, I like how they included a more obscure character, shame that the reused the face of Fleur from another set (overall looks a bit too similar to Luna as well for me)

And Cho. Cho? I'm really not sure if this is her or not. Even the more accurate hair from the CMF series has been changed. If it is Padma, like some speculate it's a right shame they reused the face from the cmf then.

I'm still happy we're getting this, as it'll be a nice way to get each house colours.

Also glad we finally got the Marauder’s Map again. Just hope we get a 2x2 tile that just shows the cover design in the future.

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

Great that we get a student armybuilder-set instead of too me the useless brickheads. I understand that Lego wants to save unique figs for future sets and that kids are less likely to buy a set with 4 obscure students, so one new student is acceptable I guess.
However is it to much to ask that they put a owl in the set :hmpf:

That’s a really nice pack actually. Is that the Marauders Map Harry’s holding?

2 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I think the next torso we need is the one with the black tie from PS before they've been sorted! They had them on the 2001 sets.

That would be great, especially for recreating scenes on the Hogwarts Express and the boats over the lake! I was sure such a torso would be included in the Build Your Own Adventure book with the Sorting Hat from last year but they just reused the Gryffindor one. 

16 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Got almost what I wanted. Nice gender neutral HP minifigure pack with each house included. I thought they'd make something like this with two boys and two girls.

And Cho. Cho? I'm really not sure if this is her or not. Even the more accurate hair from the CMF series has been changed. If it is Padma, like some speculate it's a right shame they reused the face from the cmf then.

I think it's definitely meant to be Cho as in the films Padma Patil was in Gryffindor and the Lego sets do seem to take much more inspiration for characters from the movies than the books. However, they'll have two (or potentially more when I get multiples of this set) I'll definitely use her face for the Patil twins and create other Ravenclaw figures instead. 

It's a very nice pack. The figures in their entirety aren't anything to write home about but let's be real here: the only thing that trully matters is getting more Slytherin/Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw torsos. Ignoring the torso's Harry and Draco are whatever, I'll rip off their heads as soon as I get them. Cho's new face is great and while I don't really like the faceprint for Hannah as it's also used by Fleur Delacour it's at least a new character. The shelf isn't anything to write home about but the MM printed tile is beautifull. I'll definetely get at least one, maybe two

4 hours ago, Minga 089 said:

Are you sure the Ravenclaw is meant to be Cho. For me it is Padma Patil.

I know that she is not Ravenclaw in the movies, but in the books and the figure is in my opinion much more looking like her then Cho.

1 hour ago, MaximVlogs said:

Look at her alternate face, it's definetely Cho

46 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Hannah Abbot, I like how they included a more obscure character, shame that the reused the face of Fleur from another set (overall looks a bit too similar to Luna as well for me)

It was probably chosen because the Hannah Abbot looks similar to Phoebe Buffay from Friends who also uses the Ellie Sattler head

48 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Do what I did and replace every Fleur head with the head from the Beauxbatons carriage, that way she isn’t twins with Hannah Abbot ??

Its such a shame they spend budget to make Cho chang AGAIN, invalidating her cmf figure in the process.

so much of the cmf series is getting bastardized back and forth.   

Their value is being lowered while the price is being raised..

______

Love me that Marauders map!   wouldn't be surprised if that shows up in advent calendar though.

Just now, deskp said:

Its such a shame they spend budget to make Cho chang AGAIN, invalidating her cmf figure in the process.

______

Love me that Marauders map!   wouldn't be surprised if that shows up in advent calendar though.

It’s not just the CMF but the Bricktober pack too, Umbridge and Slughorn, I paid £25 for 2 unique figures now when it was 4 ??

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It was probably chosen because the Hannah Abbot looks similar to Phoebe Buffay from Friends who also uses the Ellie Sattler head

The Phoebe head isn’t Ellie, it’s the Carriage Fleur head which is different to the Trial and Yule Ball Fleur (those 2 are the Ellie head)

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

The Phoebe head isn’t Ellie, it’s the Carriage Fleur head which is different to the Trial and Yule Ball Fleur (those 2 are the Ellie head)

I know it's not exactly the same as Ellie but that face with different expressions was used for Fleur's Carriage figure, which was later reused for Phoebe. Imo that still counts as an Ellie Sattler head (especially considering the alternate expression just SCREAMS Jurassic Park more than anything else)

Merry Christmas Everyone and Welcome to Jurassic Park | SPIN

34 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I think it's definitely meant to be Cho as in the films Padma Patil was in Gryffindor and the Lego sets do seem to take much more inspiration for characters from the movies than the books.

Yeah, I know Lego really only base their sets of film versions and not books. I can see why though as it is a visual medium.

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

______

Yeah.i wouldn't be surprised if we get the same Griphook from the CMF in the Diagon Alley set. Or Kingsley in the Ministry of Magic.

Completely agree about the Marauder’s Map. Reminds me how we got a quite detailed version of  Harry's letter to Hogwarts in the Advent calender.

9 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It’s not just the CMF but the Bricktober pack too, Umbridge and Slughorn, I paid £25 for 2 unique figures now when it was 4 ??

that pack is still unique though. and that was just a gift. slughorns face was reused but not his torso.

both Umbridge heads have 1 unique face. so she got 2 bacily 100% unique figures.

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I know it's not exactly the same as Ellie but that face with different expressions was used for Fleur's Carriage figure, which was later reused for Phoebe. Imo that still counts as an Ellie Sattler head (especially considering the alternate expression just SCREAMS Jurassic Park more than anything else)

Merry Christmas Everyone and Welcome to Jurassic Park | SPIN

If it hasn’t been used for a character then it’s not that character’s head ?, it’s Fleur’s head because she was the first character to use the head, also, I never said it wasn’t used for Fleur, I said “The Phoebe head isn’t Ellie, it’s the carriage Fleur head” ??

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

13 minutes ago, deskp said:

______

On the bright side at least the Ravenclaw figure isn't another Luna :laugh:. I do get your point but considering how the CMF series was created when they probably weren't looking so far forward in terms of what sets and minifigures were going to be included I'm not surprised there's overlaps. To me it speaks to how lucky we are with such an expansive theme that there can be repeats and figures crossing over on each other like this, but that might be a bit too optimistic!

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

that pack is still unique though. and that was just a gift. slughorns face was reused but not his torso.

both Umbridge heads have 1 unique face. so she got 2 bacily 100% unique figures.

Ooh, I did not know that, I thought they were exactly the same, ok, I’m less annoyed now, still annoyed about Dobby and Cho though ?

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

If it hasn’t been used for a character then it’s not that character’s head ?, it’s Fleur’s head because she was the first character to use the head 

I said I think it counts as Sattler's head, I didn't say it is Sattler's head 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I said I think it counts as Sattler's head, I didn't say it is Sattler's head 

If it hasn’t been used for a character then it doesn’t count as that character’s head, it literally makes 0 sense ?, you could use it for a custom Ellie, but until it’s used for her, it neither counts for her nor is it it her ?, I was trying not to get annoyed, hence the “??” in the original comment, but seen as you seem like you want to argue I’m gonna end this here

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

If it hasn’t been used for a character then it doesn’t count as that character’s head, it literally makes 0 sense ?, you could use it for a custom Ellie, but until it’s used for her, it neither counts for her nor is it it her ?, I was trying not to get annoyed, hence the “??” in the original comment, but seen as you seem like you want to argue I’m gonna end this here

I don't want to argue nor am I annoyed, I'm just saying it counts as a Sattler head in my opinion. Last time I checked I could decide for myself what I thought about certain things. If you don't agree with me that's fine but my opinion is my opnion