Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Looking at pictures of Cho (the film character, not the Lego figure) she’s actually incredibly pale, like much paler than Harry, Ron and Hermione, so it’s odd that they gave her a darker skin tone ??

I'm glad they made this, I've been wanting a 'battle pack' of Hogwarts houses for ages. Whilst Cho's skin tone is inaccurate, it is much more useful in this colour as I already have tons of light flesh heads and hands and more diverse skin tones are always welcome.

I've already made a more accurate Cho using Sabine's face anyway.

22 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

This isn’t meant to be racist, but it’s a shame they used Cho as the Ravenclaw again. Simply because most Harry Potter characters that we know of are white, and the torso has Cho’s hands, so that really limits reusability on other characters...

then again we don’t know many other Ravenclaw students at all apart from Luna obviously so I guess it’s not like we won’t be able to create a favourite character.

A different color skin tone of cho might make it easier to create diversity of Hogwarts students, since we can switch her hand to different torsos anyway. I hope they include skirt piece too. 

ps. It still bugs me that they still use this wrong skintone for her. 

9 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Looking at pictures of Cho (the film character, not the Lego figure) she’s actually incredibly pale, like much paler than Harry, Ron and Hermione, so it’s odd that they gave her a darker skin tone ??

I still don’t understand their decision too. I shown my full hp cmf set to my friends and no one guess her right. 

Nice pack! I would’ve preferred they gave us more black characters like Angelina Johnson or Lee Jordan, but ok. Also, I’m kinda mad they “sort of” reused Cho Chang’s CMF face but at least I can have patil twins now! I kind of wish LEGO had a  flesh toned Build a minifigure :tongue:

17 minutes ago, Bernar said:

Does anyone know where the figures pack might go to sale? Does the lego shop usually sell them?

Yes, LEGO does sell these themselves as well.

56 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Do we know who the Hufflepuff is supposed to be? 

Erasmus Fleur Delacour :D

I actually like the inclusion of Draco in this, it’ll be easier to make more versions of him now. I would like them to save some student characters for future sets. Blaise would be great for a battle of Hogwarts set, maybe Pansy too. For this, I’m just glad all four torsos are easily available 

21 minutes ago, Bluetus said:

A different color skin tone of cho might make it easier to create diversity of Hogwarts students, since we can switch her hand to different torsos anyway. I hope they include skirt piece too. 

ps. It still bugs me that they still use this wrong skintone for her. 

Very true. But it doesn't make it easier to create diversity of Ravenclaws! Lol

This is great! I will buy at lease one pack, but stock up on lots of Hufflepuff and Slytherin torsos on eBay/Bricklink. I would buy more but I already have a lot of Ravenclaw from the CMF. 

6 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Very true. But it doesn't make it easier to create diversity of Ravenclaws! Lol

57 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

*hisses angrily*

If you don't want to swap hands you could swap the whole arms . Or would you find that to be Otterly reprehensible.

Love the pack! Style Exactly as I expected, and I even like the little build of the book case and other accessories 

What spoils it for me however is that they all have full size adult legs, why not medium?? This year Lego seems to have all but forgotten about the medium legs, this set would have been a great way to fix the Luna from the RoR etc, and enable more variety for customising. 

This is amazing! It's basically a student battle pack. Although I wonder who the Hufflepuff is supposed to be, she kinda looks like Penny from Hogwarts mystery. Definitely gonna pick up multiple of those. Here's hope for a death eater, quidditch and robed one in the future. Although a shame the brickheadz student isn't coming now,  although I prefer this anyway.

Oh and I totally forgot about the Maurauders Map. It looks almost perfect, although I wished it left out the Draco name as it limits the usability.

1 minute ago, Bugbot20082 said:

What spoils it for me however is that they all have full size adult legs, why not medium?? This year Lego seems to have all but forgotten about the medium legs [...]

Well, their overall rule seems to be: short legs for years 1+2, medium-sized legs for years 3+4 and regular legs for years 5,6 and 7. There are some exceptions here and there, but that appears to be the norm nonetheless. And as Draco‘s apple accessory indicates, the pack’s loosely based on HBP :wink:

I’ll be buying two of this pack for sure, my first ever purchase of this style of set!

I hope it sells well and next year we get another with 4 medium black legs and different students e.g. Pansy, Colin, Justin and Penelope

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, GalacticHippo said:

I'm disappointed too, but mostly for different reasons. For some reason Lego seems determined to make Cho an inaccurate skin tone just because she's PoC. It'd be better if they gave her light nougat skin and made minifigures of more PoC characters. The Gryffindor could have been Lee Jordan, and Blaise Zabini exists too.

What does PoC mean? I'm a little behind on the abbreviations :grin:. I'm really excited for the new pack though! It's great to have more house torsos and some diversity too.

Edited by Brick Guru

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

What does

What does... what?

3 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

What does PoC mean? I'm a little behind on the abbreviations :grin:. I'm really excited for the new pack though! It's great to have more house torsos and some diversity too.

It means Person/People of Colour

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

What does... what?

It was a mistake. I hit the 'submit reply' button too early :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Sorry — People of colour! :)

Nice pack indeed! 

LEGO Harry Potter is the theme that just keeps on giving! Great sets every year, 2 CMF's series, D2C's, and now a student pack as icing on the cake.

1 minute ago, GalacticHippo said:

Sorry — People of colour! :)

Ah okay, thanks. I'm quite happy that we've gotten so many PoC since the reboot. Back in 2010 and 2011 (when I first started collecting Harry Potter sets) all the characters were white and a little boring. I'm glad to add more diversity to my mocs.

11 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Ah okay, thanks. I'm quite happy that we've gotten so many PoC since the reboot. Back in 2010 and 2011 (when I first started collecting Harry Potter sets) all the characters were white and a little boring. I'm glad to add more diversity to my mocs.

So white is boring? I see.

lol completely joking of course. I think the reason we’re just now getting more characters of color is simply because before this reboot, Lego mainly only gave us the main characters and we’re only just now getting the wider range of Rowling’s characters. I’m loving the variety we’re getting now, it’s nice to have characters Lego has never made before. I don’t even care about political correctness at all, I just want variety in characters 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

9 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Yep, very excited to get Kingsley this year.

On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone have any idea why Lego has been using cool yellow for all of the blonde minifigures in HP? I like the brightness of the colour, but I feel like brick yellow would just work better for some of these minifigures, at least based on the Hannah Abbott photo and Draco's appearance in HBP where his hair is much paler.