Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

My trouble is, I'd feel judged by the shop staff for buying a whole box. Not because I'm buying Lego, but because I'm buying an entire box of minifigs! I feel they'd think I was taking them from the kids to sell at a huge profit. 

I usually buy the whole box because I want more than one of everything and don't have the patience to stand around feeling packets. In my experience, most retail employees don't have any idea there is a resale market and they always assume I'm putting on the best bday party ever.

My strategy is simple, and only moderately idiotic. I just buy ten random figures on release day, and then feel for specific characters from there. Usually this is because spending half an hour blocking children from a box of toys is awkward, but this time it'll be as a civil service.

...Jokes aside, this has always worked surprisingly well for me. It usually only results in one or two initial duplicates, meaning I get half the series in one go, and gives a narrower goal list for the future. Plus, with S1 this got me Graves, so I think it works.

I’m pretty boring with CMFs, even when I worked at the toy store I never collected them, the only CMF I collected was the first wave Wizarding world and I bought them all as a full set on eBay, however I did buy the odd pack from work and I bought extra of certain characters for customs (extra Graves for Graves/Grindelwald, extra Moody for Moody/Crouch jr etc) so I think I’ll do the same this time, full set on eBay then odd random pack, now I’ve caught up with the leaks I can see a few names there I wouldn’t mind getting 1 or 2 extra of

18 hours ago, Jinzol said:

My expectation for the AC is Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Sirius and Arthur, probably even a microfigure santa could be in here :)

Gonna sound stupid seen as I’ve literally just said “caught on the leaks” lmao, but what is AC? Aside from Assassin’s Creed and (for some reason now) Animal Crossing ☺️

12 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’m pretty boring with CMFs, even when I worked at the toy store I never collected them, the only CMF I collected was the first wave Wizarding world and I bought them all as a full set on eBay, however I did buy the odd pack from work and I bought extra of certain characters for customs (extra Graves for Graves/Grindelwald, extra Moody for Moody/Crouch jr etc) so I think I’ll do the same this time, full set on eBay then odd random pack, now I’ve caught up with the leaks I can see a few names there I wouldn’t mind getting 1 or 2 extra of

Gonna sound stupid seen as I’ve literally just said “caught on the leaks” lmao, but what is AC? Aside from Assassin’s Creed and (for some reason now) Animal Crossing ☺️

AC stands for Advent calender. Reffering to the expected Harry Potter Advent Calender

With CMFs I don’t usually go to the lego store because it can get very cramped and crowded, so I go to a toy store nearby where I can comfortably feel the bags. I must say I will miss that exciting treasure hunting sensation lol, feeling for the pieces and such. I always got the ones I wanted. 

I really hope Lockhart and Tonks are in the CMF by the way. This series has the potential to be my favorite ever. 

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Let's just say the CMF and DA turn out exactly as we are anticipating and we get the CMF figures on the packet, Lockhart, Lucius, Pomfrey, Fred, George, Crabb Goyle, Rita etc. It's starting to feel like we have a pretty complete roster. Just wondering what main characters you guys still think we will be missing? Narcissa and maybe Karkaroff pop into my head, but can't really think of many others. Just wondering aside from rather obscure side characters who you think are still missing? :-)

I feel the same way with regards to a near complete roster. 3 years ago if you had told me the list of characters we'd have at this point in the reboot I would've had a hard time believing it. As for who's still missing the most glaring ones to me would probably be (like you mentioned) narcissa and karkaroff. A few others I'd really love to get at some point would be kreacher, aberforth, james, lily, bill, xenophilius, crouch sr, scrimgeor and mundungus. This is of course being very picky and I'm very thankful for the characters we've gotten so far. 

12 minutes ago, Nick unassembled said:

I feel the same way with regards to a near complete roster. 3 years ago if you had told me the list of characters we'd have at this point in the reboot I would've had a hard time believing it. As for who's still missing the most glaring ones to me would probably be (like you mentioned) narcissa and karkaroff. A few others I'd really love to get at some point would be kreacher, aberforth, james, lily, bill, xenophilius, crouch sr, scrimgeor and mundungus. This is of course being very picky and I'm very thankful for the characters we've gotten so far. 

I agree. I would also love a ludo bagman, carrow twins, Yaxly, Aunt Marg, Mrs Fig and all the rest of the hogwarts ghosts, Bloody Baron, Grey lady ... Maybe even a remake of peeves. (Although he doesn't appear in the movies.

Edited by Tommy269

15 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Some of you might know about my side project of designing micro sized ‘concept’ models of potential sets for a complete Hogwarts castle, and after the reveal of the astronomy tower and room of requirement I have gone back to my designs and made a few changes (reshuffling rooms, creating new set devisions etc). 

Here are the first two sets, which include many rooms and buildings on top of many peoples want lists:

LEGO Hogwarts Bell Towers

The Bell Towers is a ‘Deathly Hallows Part 2’ set, featuring the search for and destruction of the diadem, as well as some relevant ‘Half Blood Prince’ details. The ghost of the Grey Lady and Blaise Zabini are exclusive new characters.

LEGO Hogwars Lookout Tower

The ‘Lookout Tower’ is an ‘Order of the Phoenix’ set giving us Umbridge and Trelawney again in their different outfits from when the latter is fired. Fred and George appear also to reign havoc in revenge! 

More designs to follow :)

These are free for anyone to use as inspiration for MOC’s etc 

Set 4867 what's that inspired by? Look out or bell  towers?

I'd like to see the bell towers get released in the near future!

6 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

I wish that the hogwarts expansions included more teachers. Madam pomfrey would have fitted well in the CT and if sprout was included in the AT that would make it perfect. The first wave had so many cool teacher figures. Now we are getting repeates of students in different outfits. I would prepare varients or teachers. It would be nice to get a lockheart, Sinastra, grubly plank, carrow twins and Binns. Although Some ofthem really only appeared in the books.

While I do agree there should be more teachers in the Hogwarts set I'm happy they're not. If we got characters like Sprout and Pomfrey in the normal sets they would probably be underdetailed and hard to recognize because they lack their proper headpiece. There are no current molds they can use to properly represent Sprout and Pomfreys hair/hat imo so the CMF was definetely the way to go.

2 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Set 4867 what's that inspired by? Look out or bell  towers?

I'd like to see the bell towers get released in the near future!

The interior is very much a hotchpotch of a lot of rooms/things but the building itself is kind of a mix of the Viaduct Courtyard and the Bell Towers (at least that's what it looks like to me)

Viaduct Courtyard | Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom

Huh, I have a small store near me that sells full sets of CMF minifigures (I mean the full roster, this time it would be 16 minifigs) for a really cheap price, it's even cheaper than the retailer price, so I've never really had a problem with buying CMF series.

New hint from kingnono: "Weird, that you can preorder 75981 on amazon uk and release date is 1st of june"

Hmmm - what does that mean? :grin:

30 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

New hint from kingnono: "Weird, that you can preorder 75981 on amazon uk and release date is 1st of june"

Probably just a slip on Amazon‘s part. The advent calendar is scheduled for a September release, like usual :wink: 

I really think that is only a false listing on amazon. But I'm happy that we only need to wait only 1 month until we have every information about the sets, if we get nearly the same schedule like last year.

5 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

AC stands for Advent calender. Reffering to the expected Harry Potter Advent Calender

Ah, yeah, as I expected, it got to like 5 minutes before I fell asleep and my brain was like “oh, probably advent calendar”, but I wasn’t gonna wake myself up to come and edit my post lmao, thank you for confirming my thoughts ☺️

2 hours ago, 8fifty said:

UK here and it’s definitely not on there, so either it’s been removed or it wasn’t on there, I’ve been keeping an eye on Amazon for a while now and I’ve only ever seen the June sets (all sets minus Calendar and Burrow)

turns out it is there, but it’s a real farce to find ?

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

2 hours ago, 8fifty said:

I'd say it means that 75981 is releasing on 1st June; he's not saying it's weird as in 'wrong', he's using the weird to draw attention to the perceived anomaly and therefore say it us actually correct. And he seems to have been right so far. .

Edited by BacktoBricks

The listing says Harry Potter TM 75981 tbd-HP-Advent Lego Harry Potter Toy, Multicoloured, so 75981 should still be the AC

35 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'd say it means that 75981 is releasing on 1st June; he's not saying it's weird as in 'wrong', he's using the weird to draw attention to the perceived anomaly and therefore say it us actually correct. And he seems to have been right so far. .

Not everything he posts has to be a hint :classic: Releasing an advent calendar in June makes very little sense, so calling it ‚weird‘ as in ‚wrong‘ is perfectly justified I think :wink:

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, I appreciate it :)

Here is the next castle module: The Chamber of Secrets

LEGO The Chamber of Secrets

Same as my first draft I put it into the far corner of the astronomy courtyard. This time I have included the bathroom entrance as we are expecting to get all the ‘girls bathroom’ figures in the CMF, so it’s unlikely to be its own set I think. Minifigures are the same as the original 2002 set, I couldn’t think of any one else to include except maybe a duplicate Moaning Myrtle.

Btw all my concepts are based on my courtyard floor plan I showed earlier; the chamber of secrets using all the red sections on the right of the layout:

Lego Hogwarts Courtyard Floor-plan Concept

2 hours ago, Jinzol said:

I really think that is only a false listing on amazon. But I'm happy that we only need to wait only 1 month until we have every information about the sets, if we get nearly the same schedule like last year.

It's not a false listing, Amazon screws up with listings all the time 

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes I saw that ?. Very misleading really, but at least we know the real prices. ?

Actually I think it might be illegal in the UK, and there's a law that says you have to have an item priced at the "full price" for a ceratin amount of time, essentially designed for the SCS Sofas adverts where everything is "was 999, now 499!" even though it was only 999 for a few days lol

5 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Actually I think it might be illegal in the UK, and there's a law that says you have to have an item priced at the "full price" for a ceratin amount of time, essentially designed for the SCS Sofas adverts where everything is "was 999, now 499!" even though it was only 999 for a few days lol

It’ll just be a glitch in the system, nothing illegal or sinister about it, just a technical error

Brickset has confirmed the release of a Hogwarts Students minifigure pack and it comes with a Maurauder's Map!

Edited by BacktoBricks