Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I wonder, if we get a ministry atrium battle this year. Could we get a ministry heist next year so they could combine together.

Maybe the Atrium with a flupowder duct and the statue this year

and the courtroom next year.

Even a department of mystries in the years to come

This maybe just wishful thinking, but do you guys think this a good idea?

10 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I wonder, if we get a ministry atrium battle this year. Could we get a ministry heist next year so they could combine together.

Maybe the Atrium with a flupowder duct and the statue this year

and the courtroom next year.

Even a department of mystries in the years to come

This maybe just wishful thinking, but do you guys think this a good idea?

It’s an interesting idea I haven’t heard before but as the Ministry is only in two films I don’t think there’s enough there for three sets. 

Also I don’t think the courtroom is recognisable enough at all, imagine that as a set compared to the new room of requirement. I’d argue the atrium as it is in the Harry Potter studios and the Department of Mysteries are the only two parts Lego would care to adapt, and that they’d either put them both in the same set or just adapt a part from one film rather than spreading them out. 

5 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It’s an interesting idea I haven’t heard before but as the Ministry is only in two films I don’t think there’s enough there for three sets. 

Also I don’t think the courtroom is recognisable enough at all, imagine that as a set compared to the new room of requirement. I’d argue the atrium as it is in the Harry Potter studios and the Department of Mysteries are the only two parts Lego would care to adapt, and that they’d either put them both in the same set or just adapt a part from one film rather than spreading them out. 

I agree, and if those 2 scenes you mentioned are adapted they are most certainly OotP sets. I really don't think lego would care about giving us a DH set with the polyjuiced trio and Yaxley, simply because they aren't really that interesting or special to the general audiences :shrug_oh_well: Dumbledore vs Voldemort and the DoM battle are probably the only viable options for Ministry sets

Advanced issues found

On 5/12/2020 at 6:28 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Excellent! All we need now is a priest, and I might know just the guy... Is @Puresh still around or has he choked on the Joyce minifig? :grin:

I did choke on her, but I'm still around. I honestly got a bit disappointed with EB lately after everyone called me an idiot when I claimed Overwatch was canceled a few months back (look where we're at now, the set numbers are now used for HP), but oh well

Is the potential MoM set £50? I think the elevator would be a lively inclusion there. 

Maybe Reg, Runcorn and Mafalda could be the trio varients if there is ever a series 3 CMF :D

@Puresh: He has arisen! :head_back:

Sorry to hear that, people can be really mean at times. They’ve probably never heard of not shooting the messenger, have they? I for one believed you, if that‘s any consolation :classic:

22 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Is the potential MoM set £50? I think the elevator would be a lively inclusion there. 

Maybe Reg, Runcorn and Mafalda could be the trio varients if there is ever a series 3 CMF :D

I think it‘s around that price, which has been deducted from _kingnono_‘s claim of how much this year‘s sets cost in total 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Is the potential MoM set £50?

This is what I worked out - Kingnono said you will need around 960 € for this wave including the Magical Treasury. So:

Privet Drive = 70 €

The Burrow = 100 

Astronomy Tower = 100 €

Forbidden Forest = 30 €

Room Of Requirement = 20 €

Hedwig = 40 €

CMF = 80 €

Advent Calendar = 30 €

2 x Brickheadz = 40 €?

Polybag = 5 €

Magical Treasury Book = 20 €

Diagon Alley = 400 €

So that to me means that the unknown set must cost 25 € approx. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

This is what I worked out - Kingnono said you will need around 960 € for this wave including the Magical Treasury. So:

Privet Drive = 70 €

The Burrow = 100 

Astronomy Tower = 100 €

Forbidden Forest = 30 €

Hedwig = 40 €

CMF = 80 €

Advent Calendar = 30 €

2 x Brickheadz = 40 €?

Polybag = 5 €

Diagon Alley = 400 €

That's definitely a more accurate breakdown with the magical treasury book, polybag and Brickheadz included, and would mean the (potential) Ministry set is drastically smaller. 

However it does make what is meant to be the 'Hogwarts Students Brickheadz' set seem even more dubious to me. That the set is titled 'Students' would suggest that there are enough pieces to build at least two figures. But if it's only £20, as it would need to be to fit the extra set in to Kingnono's total price of the wave, then that means it won't have the extra pieces needed to customise the figures like the Go Brick Me set. Unless its double the price I can't see how it would have value as a way for you to make different Hogwarts Students Brickheadz. I think that set is either going to be much more than the usual price of a Brickheadz double pack or, like we've been theorizing, its something else like an accessory pack. 

4 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

However it does make what is meant to be the 'Hogwarts Students Brickheadz' set seem even more dubious to me. That the set is titled 'Students' would suggest that there are enough pieces to build at least two figures. But if it's only £20, as it would need to be to fit the extra set in to Kingnono's total price of the wave, then that means it won't have the extra pieces needed to customise the figures like the Go Brick Me set. Unless its double the price I can't see how it would have value as a way for you to make different Hogwarts Students Brickheadz. I think that set is either going to be much more than the usual price of a Brickheadz double pack or, like we've been theorizing, its something else like an accessory pack. 

While it would be really cool I highly doubt the Brickheadz will be customisable ones, it's probably just a 2 pack with a male and female student. Looking at the Hermione Brickheadz they might include 4 of the 1x2 printed bricks so you can choose what house the students are in.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Privet Drive = 70 €

The Burrow = 100 

Astronomy Tower = 100 €

Forbidden Forest = 30 €

Hedwig = 40 €

CMF = 80 €

Advent Calendar = 30 €

2 x Brickheadz = 40 €?

Polybag = 5 €

Diagon Alley = 400 €

Forgive me if i’m wrong, but I’m almost positive I read somewhere on kingnono’s IG page that the 960 doesnt include any of the books *oh2* 

2 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Forgive me if i’m wrong, but I’m almost positive I read somewhere on kingnono’s IG page that the 960 doesnt include any of the books *oh2* 

Their main post said: You need around 960 €. Then in the top comment they say: "Tom Riddle book included'. So to me that means the Magical Treasury book with the Tom Riddle minifigure is included. But no I don't think (and I haven't included in the breakdown) any of the other books that are coming out this year, basically the ones that include figures that are not new.

11 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

If I heard right the Burrow is coming out in august?

Check your local lego.com   a lot of places it's june 1.

18 minutes ago, deskp said:

Check your local lego.com   a lot of places it's june 1.

I wonder why it is the only set you couldn’t pre order yet? Maybe delayed?

12 minutes ago, dustells said:

I wonder why it is the only set you couldn’t pre order yet? Maybe delayed?

Probably because it’s a Lego exclusive currently so they don’t need to put preorders up so early to compete with other shops

Edited by sammy_zammy

I'm not sure what it's like in other territories, but in the UK the main places I keep track of Lego prices (Amazon, John Lewis and Smyth's) only have the Clocktower at a significant discount, whereas the other sets are all nominal reductions from the RRP. 

Could it be that the Clocktower is a bad seller compared to the Great Hall and so they are reducing stock levels to make room for the Astronomy Tower? 

8 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I'm not sure what it's like in other territories, but in the UK the main places I keep track of Lego prices (Amazon, John Lewis and Smyth's) only have the Clocktower at a significant discount, whereas the other sets are all nominal reductions from the RRP. 

Could it be that the Clocktower is a bad seller compared to the Great Hall and so they are reducing stock levels to make room for the Astronomy Tower? 

I hope not, I just bought the Astronomy Tower so won't have the money for the Clocktower for a few months at least. Maybe because there's now going to be few years' worth of Harry Potter on shelves at the same time retailers are ordering less of the larger sets which take up more space? There's two £100 sets in this wave at the same time as well so between those and the Great Hall and Clocktower I guess something has to move. 

Hopefully based on what we've heard about Lego not discontinuing Harry Potter sets anytime soon it won't be until next year that any major set from 2019 is discontinued. I would think the 2018 sets would be discontinued first, or at least those which are less iconic like the Whomping Willow or Quidditch, leaving the Great Hall and Hogwarts Express and the 2019 stuff. 

None of the new sets can now be preordered on the UK Shop online, so I suppose that might mean that on release day they will go straight to backorder?

13 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I've read on stonewars that lego will discountinued the Hogwarts castle 71043 :( 

There‘s probably something lost in translation :wink: They say 71043 as well as the Disney Castle are expected to be available at least until the end of the year 

57 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I've read on stonewars that lego will discountinued the Hogwarts castle 71043 :( 

Must be a poor-seller then.

Edited by UKFan922

37 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

Must be a poor-seller then.

It's definitely not a poor seller, if it was they wouldn't make another HP D2C just 2 years after the release of the first one.

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

Nowhere are they saying that on Stonewars. The article is about an official statment from the Lego Group on how Covid-19 has affected their supply chain and why there are certain sets currently sold out (but they said that they will restock them). The factory in Mexico was completely shut down which had a great impact but it is now resuming production. There is sometimes specualtion about end of life dates, but this is mostly not based on solid info but rather experience and extrapolation from previous sets. But there are exceptions to the rule of a 3 year production cycle like the Death Star or some Modulars like Pet Shop or Parisian Restaurant which were being sold a lot longer than a 3 year period.

TLC even adresses a higher demand for certain sets during the pandemic (like 71043). As long as it sells like hot cake they will not retire that set

2 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Nowhere are they saying that on Stonewars. The article is about an official statment from the Lego Group on how Covid-19 has affected their supply chain and why there are certain sets currently sold out (but they said that they will restock them). The factory in Mexico was completely shut down which had a great impact but it is now resuming production. There is sometimes specualtion about end of life dates, but this is mostly not based on solid info but rather experience and extrapolation from previous sets. But there are exceptions to the rule of a 3 year production cycle like the Death Star or some Modulars like Pet Shop or Parisian Restaurant which were being sold a lot longer than a 3 year period.

TLC even adresses a higher demand for certain sets during the pandemic (like 71043). As long as it sells like hot cake they will not retire that set

I understand that it will be discuntinued 2020? But it will stay for the rest of this year.

But google translate can have translate it wrong :wall: