Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

47 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well based on hints from kingnon we are definitely getting Gregory Goyle (possibly as Polyjuice Harry) and Poppy Pomfrey.

Based on more indirect hints we are possibly getting Vincent Crabbe (as Polyjuice Ron) and Cat Hermione.

Other characters that we are not sure where they appear include Gilderoy Lockhart (either DA, CMF or 75978), Sirius Black (either CMF or AC), George Weasley and Fred Weasley (either DA or CMF, could be both tho).

Sirius and the twins are almost certainly in the advent calendar and D2C instead of the CMF. Don’t forget that along with Madam Pomfrey and the polyjuiced trio kingnono has also outright stated we’ll get Rita Skeeter and heavily implied we’ll get another version of Tonks (well, we know there’s at least two of each house in the CMF so unless it’s a very random student...)

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m not trying to hype people up, but the rumoured Marvel Brickheadz sets turned out to be a minifig pack. There is now a non-0 probability that the supposed Hogwarts students Brickheadz set could also be something else, if you catch my drift :excited: Maybe I‘m wrong though, so let‘s not get too excited here

Considering how much money I’m looking at throwing at new LEGO this summer & beyond...that wouldn’t surprise me. :wall: I will happily welcome it if that’s the case. 

14 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Sirius and the twins are almost certainly in the advent calendar and D2C instead of the CMF. Don’t forget that along with Madam Pomfrey and the polyjuiced trio kingnono has also outright stated we’ll get Rita Skeeter and heavily implied we’ll get another version of Tonks (well, we know there’s at least two of each house in the CMF so unless it’s a very random student...)

How could I forget about her... Yeah Rita is also definitely in the CMF.

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m not trying to hype people up, but the rumoured Marvel Brickheadz sets turned out to be a minifig pack. There is now a non-0 probability that the supposed Hogwarts students Brickheadz set could also be something else, if you catch my drift :excited: Maybe I‘m wrong though, so let‘s not get too excited here

That would be amazing actually - a minifigure four pack of uniformed students is probably the holy grail of Harry Potter fan wishlists (quidditch ones are up there too, but I think we all recognize that generic students would have to come first). If that is the case I can only hope the side builds are classroom desks and materials instead of more great hall tables. 

Just out of curiosity, why was the Marvel one mistaken for brickheadz? Were the set numbers in the same sequence? 

20 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Where did you hear this? Do you have a link or something. I haven't been following Marvel very much but I'm interested in said minifig pack.

This was our initial BrickHeadz list:

40381 Monkey Kid        
  40412 Rubeus Hagrid And Buckbeak         
  40418 Falcon und Black Widow        
  40419 Hogwarts Students        
  40420 Minions        
  40421 Minions        
  40422 Frankenstein's monster        
  40425 Nutcracker

Now that 40418 has been revealed as a minifig pack, 40419 could also turn out to be one...

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Now that 40418 has been revealed as a minifig pack, 40419 could also turn out to be one...

Wicked...

And honestly, it would clear up some confusion about the set name (i.e. if it’s specific students why aren’t they properly named like every other brickheadz? And if the speculation about it being a customizable student right then why is the set name plural instead of singular like the bride and groom?). 

My wallet will weep if it turns out a set I thought I didn’t care about is actually something I might want multiples of, but it will be so cool if that’s what it is. 

Edit: Now that I think about it, this could also explain the Luna in the Room of Requirement set. I’d wondered why they gave her a unique torso in a set that otherwise would be prime army building fodder, but if they knew that a generic Ravenclaw torso was being made available in a minifigure pack then they could afford to have some fun and give Luna her butter beer cork necklace. 

Edited by Accio Lego

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I won't get my hopes up but that would be amazing. I really need more non-Gryffindor sweaters/robes

42 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Where did you hear this? Do you have a link or something. I haven't been following Marvel very much but I'm interested in said minifig pack.

It was reported by Falconfan, one of the most reliable leakers we have

Oh wow, a student minifigure pack would be a dream come true! Especially with all the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torsos which would be needed to expand Dumbledore's Army. I'm going to have to work really hard to restrain my expectations, especially as a I don't have a normal Hufflepuff student torso yet. 

I am assume that the Marvel one is in one of those transparent plastic wrapping shaped like a minifigure? Just imagining seeing a Harry Potter themed one pop up in a Lego store makes me giddy :wub:

8 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Oh wow, a student minifigure pack would be a dream come true! Especially with all the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torsos which would be needed to expand Dumbledore's Army. I'm going to have to work really hard to restrain my expectations, especially as a I don't have a normal Hufflepuff student torso yet. 

I am assume that the Marvel one is in one of those transparent plastic wrapping shaped like a minifigure? Just imagining seeing a Harry Potter themed one pop up in a Lego store makes me giddy :wub:

It is indeed one of those transparent ''sets''. You don't have the Great Hall?

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

That could also explain why it's not listed as 40413 which would have been more logical for the brickhead. I like this idea!

1 minute ago, UKFan922 said:

I hope Hagrid is still a Brickhead. I love Brickheadz.

The description wouldn't make sense for any other kind of set as we already have Hagrid and Buckbeak in an existing one :wink:

Edited by 8fifty

I won’t lie. In my personal opinion, I wouldn’t want a fleur and bill wedding set, it was great to get the Yule ball minifigure selection in the clocktower. The astronomy tower roles around, and it’s sort of like- great, a SECOND set with all the minifigures in dress robes- that’s half of the hogwarts expansions with ALL the minifigures in said sets in dress robes. I personally would have preferred Malfoy shirt and tie, Harry casual, Ron (the same), Hermione casual, lavender, Horace slughorn (the same), Snape HBP, dumbledore HBP, bellatrix. 

The reality is though- that minifigure selection can be made easily. The Ron and lavender and slughorn exist. The dumbledore from 2018 CMF works. Snape is bound to appear somewhere in the next two years, bellatrix we’re getting. Firestar toys sell each house shirt and tie torso variants. It’s only the  Hermione and Harry that don’t exist- the slug club party minifigures would have been MUCH harder to dot around places. 

But I don’t necessarily want to see another set based on dress robes.

a gringotts dragon breakout set, a courtyard duel, belltowers, godrics hollow attack, the forbidden forest, the bridge, the boathouse, malfoy manor- I’d take all of those

A Hogwarts students pack would make a lot of sense imo. Since the first wave, the other large Hogwarts expansion sets haven’t included the characters in their school robes. This is an ideal way of getting around making iconic scenes with exclusive figures (the clocktower Yule Ball set) whilst still providing students to fill up the corridors and classrooms of Hogwarts Castle. Plus, LEGO must know that these sets would fly off the shelves like an inflated Aunt Marge with everyone wanting to fill up their castles! 

Minifig packs are the ones with four figures inside right? Or am I thinking of the October special ones?

4 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

Minifig packs are the ones with four figures inside right? Or am I thinking of the October special ones?

Yes, although those bricktober sets also contain four figures.

Edited by Salix

7 minutes ago, Salix said:

Yes, although those bricktober sets also contain four figures.

Oh ok, so are we thinking it will have one figure of each?

Edited by Rosie99

40 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

Oh ok, so are we thinking it will have one figure of each?

That seems to be the working theory now that we know a minifigure pack is a possibility. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It is indeed one of those transparent ''sets''. You don't have the Great Hall?

I haven’t got the 2018 Great Hall as I already have the 2010 version and when the theme was rebooted I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to commit to buying the large sets.

It was last years wave that convinced me to start properly collecting again and although I’m now collecting the larger castle sets thanks to the Astronomy Tower I’ve been trying to blend the different styles of castle together rather than replacing my Great Hall and Gryffindor Tower builds. 

Though that does mean I’m crossing my fingers for another opportunity to get a Hufflepuff torso, the closest I’ve got is the two Triwizard Cedrics :grin:

A minifigure pack? Wait no, this is too surreal already. I wonder if they would be completely generic students or actual characters like Parvati, Ernie/Justin Finch, Padma and Pansy?

I was curious if I could better match the movie model blueprint by making the Quad form from the Grand Staircase Tower, instead of the far side of the Great Hall. I used the Room of Requirements to form one of the quad walls. It's a bit of a wonky "square" but at least now the Great Hall is at the correct 45-degree angle from the rest of the Castle. 

ubhTWng.pngboAxnk4.png

12 minutes ago, Ferder said:

I was curious if I could better match the movie model blueprint by making the Quad form from the Grand Staircase Tower, instead of the far side of the Great Hall. I used the Room of Requirements to form one of the quad walls. It's a bit of a wonky "square" but at least now the Great Hall is at the correct 45-degree angle from the rest of the Castle. 

ubhTWng.pngboAxnk4.png

That looks really good! I just now realized that TLG proportioned the Great Hall wrong. 

21 hours ago, Ferder said:

Looks really cool. Do you plan on adding the yule ball attachment?

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures.

36 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Looks really cool. Do you plan on adding the yule ball attachment?

The Yule Ball happened in the Great Hall (in the book and movie) so I think it might be difficult to integrate that.