Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Ah yes, a Dobby mech to go well with the UCS Dobby’s Sock

I suddenly realize, if this theme goes long enough, that is probably what's going to happen.

lego has shown some excellence is building ship sets this year. both with and without the boat hull pieces at various price ranges.

I'd love for them to do a Durmstrang ship.  Both for the build and the potential figures!

brown Durmstrang uniform student?

Krum with hat and coat?

Karkaroff?

if you wanna make a trend, include a special Hargid, flower on his coat?

Spoiler

9Df-371r6T05PtapkSvDFXP-4P8yMp1GBcQnSYDN

_

lake task champions?

Barty crouch Sr?

How is the Beauxbatons' Carriage 50 dollars seems steep for the set

What year are the harry ron and hermonie CMFs supposed to be?

1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Its on discount for $40 pretty much everywhere.

Thanks its one of the only of the last wave I ahvent gotten yet

So quiet and boring here :( 

Only thing I hope for is that Diagon Alley releases earlier than September and we get pictures of it soon

42 minutes ago, topiku said:

Only thing I hope for is that Diagon Alley releases earlier than September and we get pictures of it soon

Everyone is busy freaking out over a certain get woke and go broke video game. :blush:

53 minutes ago, topiku said:

I hope so too...if it turns out to be an August release with VIP access in July we might see the images at the end of June already :wub:

For now, I would be happy with another kingnono hint we can discuss about :laugh:

4 hours ago, mgetz said:

How is the Beauxbatons' Carriage 50 dollars seems steep for the set

It has 430 pieces, 2 large animals, 1 large figure, 1 new mold for figures, 1 pair of dualmolded legs and a ton of recolors. If this wasn´t a Harry Potter set they would´ve charged around 60 for this set

1 hour ago, UKFan922 said:

Everyone is busy freaking out over a certain get woke and go broke video game. :blush:

You´re referring to TLoU Part 2 right? I was really hyped for that game but my god is the story awfull :wall: More money for HP though :shrug_oh_well:

Let's keep it to LEGO and Harry Potter please. When there's nothing new to discuss, this isn't the place to start talking about other things.

That said, there's always more to talk about with LEGO and HP.

What is everyone’s favorite year of LEGO Harry Potter so far? There’s still some stuff left to reveal but I think we’ve been shown a lot already.

For me, it’s been in chronological order: from least favorite to most favorite. 2018’s awe for me was mainly because of the nostalgia of the theme coming back, but for some reason the sets themselves didn’t make me want to get them day one. 

2019 was a lot more exciting since I love GoF and we finally got characters never designed before.

And this year just seems surreal for Harry Potter! The details and character variants, woah.

2 hours ago, Otherworld said:

What is everyone’s favorite year of LEGO Harry Potter so far? There’s still some stuff left to reveal but I think we’ve been shown a lot already.

For me, it’s been in chronological order: from least favorite to most favorite. 2018’s awe for me was mainly because of the nostalgia of the theme coming back, but for some reason the sets themselves didn’t make me want to get them day one. 

2019 was a lot more exciting since I love GoF and we finally got characters never designed before.

As much as I'm really excited for this year and The Burrow etc and like you say 2018 felt epic because it was the restart of the theme, I'd have to say 2019. I do love the Hogwarts Express and the Whomping Willow with the Ford Anglia posed in its branches, but when I look at my display cabinets, the sets that really stand out to me are Hagrid's Hut, Expecto Patronum, the Knight Bus, the Triwizard Challenge, Graveyard Duel and Beauxbaton Carriage - basically 2019! GOF isn't my favourite movie, but I think the figures and sets for the movie look really good on display, especially the Graveyard Duel scene with Harry in the clutches of the reaper statue. As unexpected as a set as it was, I also really like the Beauxbaton Carriage; I've added more horses and display it with Hagrid in front with his paddles raised. I love the sets that really set the scenes with the minifigures posed around them. 

Of course Diagon Alley might be amazing and make 2020 even better, but the overall quality of the 2019 wave was fantastic in my opinion. :classic:

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

New hint from _kingnono_: "Thorsten and Torben can't change tires between Saturday and Sunday"... whatever that means :sweet:

Is it another acronym? I noticed that ‘Torben’ has almost all the letters from ‘Norbert’ but that could be a coincidence. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Is it another acronym? I noticed that ‘Torben’ has almost all the letters from ‘Norbert’ but that could be a coincidence. 

I reckon it's an acronym, because unless Thorsten is referring to the 2014 German Quidditch team seeker, which is highly unlikely, none of the elements make sense.

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

I reckon it's an acronym, because unless Thorsten is referring to the 2014 German Quidditch team seeker, which is highly unlikely, none of the elements make sense.

Yeah, it would be a fairly long anagram but I imagine the Thorsten thing is a coincidence. Are the old 2014 Quidditch Cup ‘articles’ even still available on the official sites?

Edited by Accio Lego

Ugh, none of the anagram unscramblers I can find will work on a phrase that long, and it’s way too late where I am to try doing it by hand right now. Maybe it is a traditional riddle though? The phrase itself definitely has more of a brain teaser feel to it then the last anagram’s random gibberish, and most anagram makers won’t give you names like that. 

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

The Coldmirror fandub's names for Fred and George?  I don't know what else it could be other than a really long anagram.

ok so  "Fred and George cant change tires between Saturday and Sunday"

now what x]

1 hour ago, deskp said:

Cant click that second link without creating an account :thumbdown: but wow... the hardest riddle yet I think! If I remember correctly we still havent cracked all of the last one yet, have we? (The “Just a few names with G” one)

Edited by m0repotter

Just now, m0repotter said:

Cant click that second link without creating an account :thumbdown: but wow... the hardest riddle yet I think! If I remember correctly we still havent cracked all of the last one yet, have we? (The “Just a few names with G” one)

No, I think we got all of those... the only one we were unsure of was Günther, if I remember correctly