Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

That’s very true. Lego knows what they’re doing and knows how to please fans. I’m sure it’ll be really fantastic. But I’m just being careful not to Over hype then disappoint myself, as I’d much rather be really surprised at how much is packed in!

Personally I’m not sure 600-700 pieces per building would be quite enough. That’s about the same as the pieces in Privet Drive, factoring in the car, which is a fairly small building. And Privet Drive is 17cm tall - kingnono said that DA is 23cm tall on average so they’d be taller but less deep or thinner.

then again, the Burrow is huge and only has around 300 more pieces. And the 2011 DA had around 2000 pieces between 3 buildings so around 600-700 each - although arguably much less detailed interior than they would hopefully do nowadays.

I guess it’s impossible to tell. To be honest with such a large set I wouldn’t be surprised if we got better than $0.10 per piece. But I have faith in Lego to do it right at such an expensive set.

That would absolutely be the perfect building lineup though. I was initially an advocate for the Leaky Cauldron but then realised all I wanted it for was the wall which doesn’t need the LC, and as a connection / context to the muggle world. But tbh the building itself would be difficult to make interesting so I’m less bothered now, I’d rather some more interesting shops like QQS (which imo is the shop with the least chance of being added but one that id love to get) first.

This looks really awesome! I love how you’ve made the courtyard using the Whomping Willow around the Clock Tower, that’s a really nice touch and prevents the WW simply being a wall!

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if we just got a larger version of the microscale one with the addition of B&B.

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm holding off on the Burrow, that way I'll definetely be able to get the GWP

As that's 99.99 in some places will that be enough for us to qualify for the gwp. Sorry if this has already been asked

Just now, DNSNVN01 said:

As that's 99.99 in some places will that be enough for us to qualify for the gwp. Sorry if this has already been asked

Almost certainly. If not it'll nothing a few random bricks from Pick a Brick or an Xtra food polybag or something can't fix to push you over :)

From what I can remember, the threshold for GWPs tends to be $99 rather than $100 anyway, so you should be fine.

23 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Most GWP's have a treshold around 50 or 75 but afaik the highest it has ever been (excluding the UCS Falcon stuff) is 100 for the Diagon Alley GWP

44 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

If Harry is Goyle then surely Ron is Crabbe and Hermione is the cat, then?

Would love that!

32 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

If it says 100, it is 100 and not less, e-commerce rule #1 :sceptic:

I'm willing to bet it's not $100 though. Come to think of it, I don't remember ever seeing a $100 threshold for a GWP, only $99.

1 hour ago, 8fifty said:

If it says 100, it is 100 and not less, e-commerce rule #1 :sceptic:

To be fair the GWP train a month or so ago was supposed to be on spends over £100 and it worked with spends over £90 lol.

Is anyone more skeptical to kingnono's hints? After lego did pre ordering possibly from 1 may and not 4 th may as kingnono write.

I'm feeling more skeptical for the hints now.

26 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

Is anyone more skeptical to kingnono's hints? After lego did pre ordering possibly from 1 may and not 4 th may as kingnono write.

He wasn't sure about that tho. He just said it would be a logical option and that it was around when we could expect set images.

With all the Diagon Alley rumors I'm seriously reconsidering getting the Knight Bus. I skipped it because it didn't really fit with the rest of the sets imo but if the Leaky Cauldron is included in the D2C I'll probably still buy it.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Most GWP's have a treshold around 50 or 75 but afaik the highest it has ever been (excluding the UCS Falcon stuff) is 100 for the Diagon Alley GWP

Don't forget the LEGO picnic blanket... that bad boy was $200!

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

With all the Diagon Alley rumors I'm seriously reconsidering getting the Knight Bus. I skipped it because it didn't really fit with the rest of the sets imo but if the Leaky Cauldron is included in the D2C I'll probably still buy it.

I'd get the Knight Bus. It's very cute and really well proportioned. I'm a completionist so I would have it whatever, but I'm hoping it displays well with DA too. Still it looks cool on it's own and the swinging shrunken head is a nice touch. 

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

Kingnono hinted at the Burrow minifigures long before they leaked and we even knew we were getting a set based on it. He's also been consistent in regards to the CMF, D2C and Advent Calendar. Compared to that the pre-orders aren't really a big deal. 

Also he's basically been our only source of information apart from the first set descriptions and the leaked minifigures so without him the discussion on here would have been a lot drier :grin:

On another note I'm almost considering pre-ordering the Astronomy Tower, I can wait for a bit with the other sets but can't wait to get my hands on my first new Hogwarts sets since 2010! Also I can't imagine it going on sale elsewhere as soon as its released. 

4 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Lol isn’t the CMF basically just the wishlists posted here, and the advent calendar fairly predictable (and hence forgettable, so we forget about it when the set is revealed and don’t have a go at them) minifigs except Kreacher lol.

Where are folks seeing the rumored CMF list on IG? I’m not finding anything in the normal places... #legoleaks #legoharrypotter

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Where are folks seeing the rumored CMF list on IG? I’m not finding anything in the normal places... #legoleaks #legoharrypotter

It's on #legoleaks by lego_harry_85

Edit: just clicked on the username and it said page not found. Now I go back to #legoleaks and it's not there. So definitely fake, they've probably just deleted the account.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Any UK users - Waterstones have pre-orders up for the new sets, and have 10% off everything over £50, ending today, with code STAYIN10 :sweet:

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Any UK users - Waterstones have stock of the new sets, and have 10% off everything over £50, ending today, with code STAYIN10 :sweet:

Says pre-order for me, but the 10% off is nice!

Just now, Willsy said:

Says pre-order for me, but the 10% off is nice!

Sorry that's what I meant for pre-order lol

8 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if we just got a larger version of the microscale one with the addition of B&B.

We have been told that it will not be an upscaled version of the GWP. 

4 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Kingnono hinted at the Burrow minifigures long before they leaked and we even knew we were getting a set based on it. He's also been consistent in regards to the CMF, D2C and Advent Calendar. Compared to that the pre-orders aren't really a big deal. 

Also he's basically been our only source of information apart from the first set descriptions and the leaked minifigures so without him the discussion on here would have been a lot drier :grin:

Fair enough :laugh: I'd forget about the burrow.

3 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Any UK users - Waterstones have pre-orders up for the new sets, and have 10% off everything over £50, ending today, with code STAYIN10 :sweet:

Thanks for the tip! I've just ordered mine :innocent2:

4 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I've followed chat for quite a while, without posting, but thanks for this tip. Have ordered AT, RoR and Grawp.