Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, deskp said:

missed it? how does that happen, preorder is still open here.

When I checked there was no add to bag option and no option to preorder. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, joeee said:

Oh no! Pre-orders for US were up?! The Add to Bag option isn't there anymore. Guess I missed it.

No pre-orders of the new Harry Potter sets have opened up in the US as of yet so no need to worry that you missed anything.  From what I gather, areas of the world that can pre-order will have the sets released June 1.  As the US has to wait until August 1 for sets to release, I think we might be in for a decent wait before pre-orders open up in North America.

5 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

The Leaky Cauldron that’ll fill the final two.  I would love seven buildings so we can get all of the above but I think that might be asking for too much.

Ooh! With LEGO really going for accuracy and detail (or at least more than ever)...designers probably will make the Diagon Alley brick wall entrance!

Also, thank you everyone who replied to me and told me to not to worry because I didn't miss anything. You guys are awesome!

Edited by joeee
added a thank you

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I’ve just remembered we don’t have the Library yet do we, it plays a role in quite a few of the movies as well! 

Okay thank you! I agree with you there, there is no way we won’t be getting Gringott’s and Ollivander’s. I think we’ll probably get six buildings in total, personally I think it’ll be between Flourish and Blotts, Quality Quidditch Supplies and The Leaky Cauldron that’ll fill the final two.  I would love seven buildings so we can get all of the above but I think that might be asking for too much.

I honestly hope Quality Quidditch Supplies and Flourish and Blotts make the cut. I’m not particularly keen on the Leaky Cauldron myself. QQS mainly because it would be cool to see an updated version of the 2001 set much like Privet Drive. Flourish and Blotts literally puts in motion all the events of COS so I think it’s worthy of including. And the potential minifigs for it would be snazzy like a blue suit Lockhart and a young Ginny. If we get WWW, Gringott’s, Ollivander’s, B & B’s, QQS, and Flourish, then that would be the perfect lineup. Assuming the $.10 rule, that would be about 650-700 pieces per building which sounds plausible to me.

As for minifigs, I can see PS Harry, Hagrid, 2x Goblin, Ollivander, HBP Fred Weasley, HBP George Weasley, Weasley, HBP Harry, HBP Ron, HBP Hermione, Lucius, COS Draco, Lockhart (blue variant), COS Ginny, Greyback, two death eaters, couple of shoppers.

Edited by RODDY

Kingnono strikes again! As a hint for the advent calendars, they posted a picture of a Santa decoration on a Christmas tree. If I were to hazard a guess, its a screen grab from a specific tree from a specific movie. Can anyone shed any light on it?

Just now, The Pearson said:

Kingnono strikes again! As a hint for the advent calendars, they posted a picture of a Santa decoration on a Christmas tree. If I were to hazard a guess, its a screen grab from a specific tree from a specific movie. Can anyone shed any light on it?

Pretty sure it’s the small mechanical Santa that flies around Grimmauld Place at Christmas in OotP

9 minutes ago, LordofArbiters said:

Has the pricing/piece count for DA been confirmed yet? Or any rumors about it?

Word is 400 dollars / euro.  Don't know that piece count has been pinned down.

16 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Pretty sure it’s the small mechanical Santa that flies around Grimmauld Place at Christmas in OotP

That’s what I think too. Doesn’t seem to be doing anything other that reiterating that the advent calendar is OotP based, unless he’s saying that the exclusive minifigures are based off the characters appearances in that scene. 

I'm no master builder, but been playing around to try and make the sets into something that somewhat resembles the actual hogwarts using the existing sets 99% as they are. This is the best I could come up with only using a couple of sections from the previous hogwarts sets and the hogwarts battle sets for the bell towers. Any thoughts or suggestions? Only modifications that have been made are slight changes to connection points to accomodate the different connection points.

The gap is where I will endeavor to attach the viaduct entrance with the astronomy tower diagonally to some degree behind it. :-)

Hogwarts_model_studio_tour2.jpg

Edited by chris6507

20 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:
Oh it's something completely different I didn't realise :(

Thanks anyway, was still useful :wink:

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Owlery,

Maybe that's where all the owls are, 4 big castle sections and only 2 owls combined so far (all earlier big Hogwarts sets have had minimum 2 each) :wacko:

11 hours ago, deskp said:

i think it was less in Norway the last time. if not i might have to just hold off on the august set as well.

With the value of the Norwegian currency this days, we should feel lucky if the GWP threshold is not even higher *huh*

3 hours ago, The Pearson said:

That is 100% from the Christmas scene in Grimmauld Place. You can see it here: https://youtu.be/-mJqm_ijE6s

3 hours ago, LordofArbiters said:

Has the pricing/piece count for DA been confirmed yet? Or any rumors about it?

400€. No piece count yet.

I couldve sworn someone posted a piece count somewhere earlier in the thread 

(inb4 ten diff ppl jump down my throat telling me I’m wrong)

Just now, m0repotter said:

I couldve sworn someone posted a piece count somewhere earlier in the thread 

(inb4 ten diff ppl jump down my throat telling me I’m wrong)

A while before getting the setpictures there was discussion on possible piececounts for the D2C so maybe you're referring to that?

Warning, just to take the wind out of a rumour’s sail before it even gets a chance to set sail: there are minifig lists for the CMF series and the advent calendar on IG, and OF COURSE it’s a new member with zero posts prior to this :head_back: Thus, in all likelihood, they’re fake

10 hours ago, 8fifty said:

I don't want to guess about the exact number of buildings or minifigures but in this case, I really trust in Lego making a phenomenal set. The vast majority of the HP sets offer an excellent value and do their job quite well so I don't doubt DA will be different. Regarding the upcoming wave they've thought very carefully about what they do - even more about the $400 D2C which is undoubtedly the new flagship of the entire line.

That’s very true. Lego knows what they’re doing and knows how to please fans. I’m sure it’ll be really fantastic. But I’m just being careful not to Over hype then disappoint myself, as I’d much rather be really surprised at how much is packed in!

5 hours ago, RODDY said:

I honestly hope Quality Quidditch Supplies and Flourish and Blotts make the cut. I’m not particularly keen on the Leaky Cauldron myself. QQS mainly because it would be cool to see an updated version of the 2001 set much like Privet Drive. Flourish and Blotts literally puts in motion all the events of COS so I think it’s worthy of including. And the potential minifigs for it would be snazzy like a blue suit Lockhart and a young Ginny. If we get WWW, Gringott’s, Ollivander’s, B & B’s, QQS, and Flourish, then that would be the perfect lineup. Assuming the $.10 rule, that would be about 650-700 pieces per building which sounds plausible to me.

As for minifigs, I can see PS Harry, Hagrid, 2x Goblin, Ollivander, HBP Fred Weasley, HBP George Weasley, Weasley, HBP Harry, HBP Ron, HBP Hermione, Lucius, COS Draco, Lockhart (blue variant), COS Ginny, Greyback, two death eaters, couple of shoppers.

Personally I’m not sure 600-700 pieces per building would be quite enough. That’s about the same as the pieces in Privet Drive, factoring in the car, which is a fairly small building. And Privet Drive is 17cm tall - kingnono said that DA is 23cm tall on average so they’d be taller but less deep or thinner.

then again, the Burrow is huge and only has around 300 more pieces. And the 2011 DA had around 2000 pieces between 3 buildings so around 600-700 each - although arguably much less detailed interior than they would hopefully do nowadays.

I guess it’s impossible to tell. To be honest with such a large set I wouldn’t be surprised if we got better than $0.10 per piece. But I have faith in Lego to do it right at such an expensive set.

That would absolutely be the perfect building lineup though. I was initially an advocate for the Leaky Cauldron but then realised all I wanted it for was the wall which doesn’t need the LC, and as a connection / context to the muggle world. But tbh the building itself would be difficult to make interesting so I’m less bothered now, I’d rather some more interesting shops like QQS (which imo is the shop with the least chance of being added but one that id love to get) first.

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I'm no master builder, but been playing around to try and make the sets into something that somewhat resembles the actual hogwarts using the existing sets 99% as they are. This is the best I could come up with only using a couple of sections from the previous hogwarts sets and the hogwarts battle sets for the bell towers. Any thoughts or suggestions? Only modifications that have been made are slight changes to connection points to accomodate the different connection points.

The gap is where I will endeavor to attach the viaduct entrance with the astronomy tower diagonally to some degree behind it. :-)

This looks really awesome! I love how you’ve made the courtyard using the Whomping Willow around the Clock Tower, that’s a really nice touch and prevents the WW simply being a wall!

Edited by sammy_zammy

55 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A while before getting the setpictures there was discussion on possible piececounts for the D2C so maybe you're referring to that?

Hmmm maybe... ill have to take a look back through the thread. I remembered it being around 4100 pieces though

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Warning, just to take the wind out of a rumour’s sail before it even gets a chance to set sail: there are minifig lists for the CMF series and the advent calendar on IG, and OF COURSE it’s a new member with zero posts prior to this :head_back: Thus, in all likelihood, they’re fake

Lol isn’t the CMF basically just the wishlists posted here, and the advent calendar fairly predictable (and hence forgettable, so we forget about it when the set is revealed and don’t have a go at them) minifigs except Kreacher lol.

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The biggest red flag here for me is Kreacher in the advent calendar. He needs a new mold and lego knows we'll go crazy if they reused Dobby's :laugh_hard:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The biggest red flag here for me is Kreacher in the advent calendar. He needs a new mold and lego knows we'll go crazy if they reused Dobby's :laugh_hard:

Exactly. The rest doesn‘t even sound unrealistic, but there‘s just no way Kreacher‘s in the advent calendar :laugh_hard:

Edited by Lego-Freak

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If they were true I'd be very happy!

Just now, UKFan922 said:

If they were true I'd be very happy!

most of the characters mentioned have been teased or hinted at by kingnono