Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

54 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

6. Privet Drive - seems a bit overpriced for the stuff included. I'll either get this when it's on a good sale or to get the GWP

I feel like this is a common sentiment here, as many already have/will get Whomping Willow, so they alreay have the car. And therefore kinda discount it from the value of the set. I expect if the car weren't included (and it probably contains some relatively expensive parts compared to the house's 1x2s) they could have added some more stuff to the house. Just enough to justify $70.

Jangbricks had a sensible explanation of why the car's included - they focus-tested it with kids, and kids liked the car. So they added it.

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I would expect the minimum to be $100 just like with Diagon Alley

i think it was less in Norway the last time. if not i might have to just hold off on the august set as well.

Just now, deskp said:

i think it was less in Norway the last time. if not i might have to just hold off on the august set as well.

I'm holding off on the Burrow, that way I'll definetely be able to get the GWP

45 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Jangbricks had a sensible explanation of why the car's included - they focus-tested it with kids, and kids liked the car. So they added it.

Exactly. If the car wasn’t included, many kids would complain that one of the key scenes happening at 4 Privet Drive could not be recreated, unless you buy the Whomping Willow set. Moreover, from a kids perspective, it’d just be a relatively normal-looking house. The car definitely adds key play value :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

9 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Hey! On an unrelated note - are you keeping the set boxes? They are taking up a pot of space for me but I don't know what is best to do with them.

I used to...but then the pile just became too much. So everything goes now. 

8 hours ago, deskp said:

most-of-hogwarts-lego.png

Just thought it kind of cool showing off all the individual parts you can move around and connect, for the people who follow that system.

It’s crazy to see just how many parts there really is to the Castle. I’m one of those who keep everything together as a set, so mixing & matching is a foreign concept. But I feel with the AT I’m going to try something different. 

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm holding off on the Burrow, that way I'll definetely be able to get the GWP

For the May 4th GWP, $74.98 is not doing the job like it has in the past ($59.99 helmet + $14.99 battle pack, for example). Might still have to do Burrow plus a cheap trinket. That's still easier than Privet Drive plus a bunch of trinkets, but the easiest might be Privet Drive + Hedwig, if you plan to get both of those. Although I'm basing that entirely on US pricing, so your NL pricing might work very differently to get to your threshold.

Edited by autolycus

19 minutes ago, autolycus said:

For the May 4th GWP, $74.98 is not doing the job like it has in the past ($59.99 helmet + $14.99 battle pack, for example). Might still have to do Burrow plus a cheap trinket. That's still easier than Privet Drive plus a bunch of trinkets, but the easiest might be Privet Drive + Hedwig, if you plan to get both of those. Although I'm basing that entirely on US pricing, so your NL pricing might work very differently to get to your threshold.

The treshold for Diagon Alley here was 80 euro so I should be fine with just saving the Burrow

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

I feel like this is a common sentiment here, as many already have/will get Whomping Willow, so they alreay have the car. And therefore kinda discount it from the value of the set. I expect if the car weren't included (and it probably contains some relatively expensive parts compared to the house's 1x2s) they could have added some more stuff to the house. Just enough to justify $70.

I remember the designer saying the car was included because they assumed the WW would be retired by now.

My issue with the set comes from comparing it to the WW. Nothing to do with me already having the car. Remove the cars from both sets and compare the rest of them. You're getting a pretty sizable castle wall and tower plus a relatively large build for the WW. The PD set just doesn't look like as much stuff. The castle and house compare well but it feels like there is about a tree worth of stuff missing. Obviously this comes down to the castle being made up of a lot of large panels which reduces the cost but it still feels like you're getting less. 

Edited by MaxHeadroom

Everything is up for pre-order now on the LEGO UK website aside from the Burrow

Edited by OneThousand
all sets available

Oh no! Pre-orders for US were up?! The Add to Bag option isn't there anymore. Guess I missed it.

3 minutes ago, joeee said:

Oh no! Pre-orders for US were up?! The Add to Bag option isn't there anymore. Guess I missed it.

I've been checking over the last eight hours. I haven't seen them go up for pre-order so far.

27 minutes ago, OneThousand said:

Everything is up for pre-order now on the LEGO UK website aside from the Burrow

Just checked, The Burrow still isn't available for pre-order.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

For my fellow dutchies in this thread Misterbricks.nl has the sets up for pre-order with discounts of 10 to 14% :wink:

Het Deense Steentje has them too, but for far more interesting prices ;)

41 minutes ago, joeee said:

30 minutes ago, strangely said:

I've been checking over the last eight hours. I haven't seen them go up for pre-order so far.

I imagine we won’t see pre orders until next month. Those who are able to pre order are getting the sets in June, while we have ya wait until August. 

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably the Belltowers, Owlery, Boathouse and maybe the DH version of the Entrance Courtyard as far as movies go (the rest of the castle isn't that recognisable tbh). But the beauty of this theme and the way they have approached Hogwarts is how lego can basically just make a made-up section of the castle and fill it with recognisable interiors. This theme could go on for years if they want to.

I’ve just remembered we don’t have the Library yet do we, it plays a role in quite a few of the movies as well! 

6 hours ago, 8fifty said:

Borgin and Burke's as well as Weasley's Wizard Wheezes are confirmed. A DA without Ollivander's and Gringott's is difficult to imagine so they might be included. The rest is just pure speculation :wink:

I has been used in a 2019 set lastly so I wouldn't consider it unlikely that they include in one day :blush:

Okay thank you! I agree with you there, there is no way we won’t be getting Gringott’s and Ollivander’s. I think we’ll probably get six buildings in total, personally I think it’ll be between Flourish and Blotts, Quality Quidditch Supplies and The Leaky Cauldron that’ll fill the final two.  I would love seven buildings so we can get all of the above but I think that might be asking for too much.

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

Het Deense Steentje has them too, but for far more interesting prices ;)

I usually order from Brickshop.nl but I'll definetely consider this, do you have experience with ordering from this site?

55 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Crap I forgot about the preorder and I missed it

missed it? how does that happen, preorder is still open here.

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I usually order from Brickshop.nl but I'll definetely consider this, do you have experience with ordering from this site?

Yes. I have ordered before. If they get sets earlier, they ship earlier too. Burrow isn't there btw.

I'm pretty sure I remember someone commenting on Grawp and how he/she didn't like the stickers. I wanted to see what it looked like so I removed them from the picture (his face is a print so it's still there), I've never done anything like this before so excuse me if something doesn't look right.

Grawp_no_stickers.png

Just now, mark1991t said:

Yes. I have ordered before. If they get sets earlier, they ship earlier too. Burrow isn't there btw.

That's great to here, I'll definetely preorder from there because those prices are glorious :wub_drool:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty sure I remember someone commenting on Grawp and how he/she didn't like the stickers. I wanted to see what it looked like so I removed them from the picture (his face is a print so it's still there), I've never done anything like this before so excuse me if something doesn't look right.

Grawp_no_stickers.png

That looks pretty good! I prefer it with stickers but it's good that it looks decent without them.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Okay thank you! I agree with you there, there is no way we won’t be getting Gringott’s and Ollivander’s. I think we’ll probably get six buildings in total, personally I think it’ll be between Flourish and Blotts, Quality Quidditch Supplies and The Leaky Cauldron that’ll fill the final two.  I would love seven buildings so we can get all of the above but I think that might be asking for too much.

Be careful not to wish for too much and disappoint yourself! We don't know how detailed they'll go on each shop.

I think 4 is a given.

5 would be reasonable.

6 would be a bonus.

In my opinion. Trying to keep my expectations in check.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Be careful not to wish for too much and disappoint yourself! We don't know how detailed they'll go on each shop.

I think 4 is a given.

5 would be reasonable.

6 would be a bonus.

In my opinion. Trying to keep my expectations in check.

I don't want to guess about the exact number of buildings or minifigures but in this case, I really trust in Lego making a phenomenal set. The vast majority of the HP sets offer an excellent value and do their job quite well so I don't doubt DA will be different. Regarding the upcoming wave they've thought very carefully about what they do - even more about the $400 D2C which is undoubtedly the new flagship of the entire line.

On 4/30/2020 at 9:57 AM, DNSNVN01 said:

Also with the inclusion of the viaduct entrance, does this change your design of the LLC Hogwarts in any way @Bugbot20082 ?

firstly thanks for Remembering my project and for asking ?!
And yes It absolutely does!, the viaduct entrance is much smaller than I thought it was going to be and they wasted the interior space of it (in my opinion); rather than give us an identifiable new room like a new classroom for example. It’s made me redesign the size of the rest of the ‘long gallery’, and my approach to how the big castle sets will continue to be designed. I have 2 new interesting ideas for castle modules which I might sketch out like before soon :)

13 hours ago, deskp said:

most-of-hogwarts-lego.png

Just thought it kind of cool showing off all the individual parts you can move around and connect, for the people who follow that system.

Love this kind of image, I have I thing for scale charts etc, really interesting to see them deconstructed and set out like this.

My guesses/thoughts on future castle sets are as follows:

-The lookout Tower. The remaining part of the ‘front’ of Hogwarts which was included in the UCS set.

-Camber of Secrets incorporated into the most boring parts of the courtyard (training grounds tower and the two longest sides)

-Bell Towers and the long bit of the long gallery together in a $100 set 

-the central tower, tallest tower of the long gallery. A bit awkward to make as it would need to have its front covered up by the viaduct entrance build we have now.

-the square corner of the courtyard next to the astronomy tower. Could be an add-on in another set. 

-boat house and Owlry are stand-alone and could be done at any time

-the potential of remaining sections of the Quad depend on if the Headmaster tower and griffindor dorms tower we have already are intended to be part of it or not (attached to the sides of the clock tower for example).

Edited by Bugbot20082