Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 4/29/2020 at 6:40 PM, LordVoldemort said:

We have the Griffindor dorms in the whomping willow castle section. It’s very surprising that we got Ravenclaw dorms second- as it’s normally only ever Gryffindor and slytherin who get attention- so we are definitely getting all 4 which is very exciting. 

I’m a little stressed at how long the castle stretches out, how are we gonna have room to add yet another section lol, it must eventually wrap around

I find it odd how the Gryffindor dorm has less detail than the Ravenclaw one.  Makes me think we will see a new one with the common room underneath.

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I find it odd how the Gryffindor dorm has less detail than the Ravenclaw one.  Makes me think we will see a new one with the common room underneath.

That would be cool to get but we definetely need more classrooms before returning to revamps of things we already kinda have imo 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That would be cool to get but we definetely need more classrooms before returning to revamps of things we already kinda have imo 

That's true I suppose.  How many more sections of Hogwarts do you think we will get? 

Also what buildings are confined for DA?

Just now, Legoman123 said:

That's true I suppose.  How many more sections of Hogwarts do you think we will get? 

Probably the Belltowers, Owlery, Boathouse and maybe the DH version of the Entrance Courtyard as far as movies go (the rest of the castle isn't that recognisable tbh). But the beauty of this theme and the way they have approached Hogwarts is how lego can basically just make a made-up section of the castle and fill it with recognisable interiors. This theme could go on for years if they want to.

1. Astronomy Tower: The construction of this tower is great! Love all the minifigures except Lavender. She's fine but a little disappointing using Friends hair. Can't find any other faults. Looks a good value at $100.

2. The Burrow: Love it. Would rather have had Remus than Ron and a purple haired Tonks but other than that it's perfect. The fact that the got it to tilt is just so cool to me. Great value at $100.

3. 4 Privet Drive: The front is wonderful, and I love a lot of stuff on the inside but it's so weirdly spaced out that I don't love how the inside looks in total. Decent value at $70 but I'd rather a more complete interior for that price.

4. Room of Requirement: Only this low because of how great the other sets are. Love getting new patronuses and standard house clothes. Great value at $20.

5. Forbidden Forest: I actually really like this set, and I think how they built Grawp looks great, but the other sets are just so good. Good value at $30 since there's two of the new centaur molds here. Interested to see if the reuse those in another theme.

6. Hedwig: Cool, but the head looks off and I have to prioritize other sets. Only one I'm not buying. Good value at $40.

I hate when people try and compare the dormitories to the common room. I imagine we'll get a Common Room set in the same style as the RoM. I could also see us getting Hermione's dorm if they did any more bedrooms.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

I can now find Hedwig and ROR for preorder on Amazon UK for June 1st. 

Found RoR but not Hedwig! :look: edit ahah it's there now

Edited by sammy_zammy

Does anyone know if Lego still uses the crystal ball mould they had in Trelawney's classroom in the 2004 clocktower? Or did they ever make a new mould? I would like to see a crystal ball in the current sets.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Also what buildings are confined for DA?

Borgin and Burke's as well as Weasley's Wizard Wheezes are confirmed. A DA without Ollivander's and Gringott's is difficult to imagine so they might be included. The rest is just pure speculation :wink:

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Does anyone know if Lego still uses the crystal ball mould they had in Trelawney's classroom in the 2004 clocktower? Or did they ever make a new mould? I would like to see a crystal ball in the current sets.

I has been used in a 2019 set lastly so I wouldn't consider it unlikely that they include in one day :blush:

Edited by 8fifty

Just now, 8fifty said:

Borgin and Burke's as well as Weasley's Wizard Wheezes are confirmed. A DA without Ollivander's and Gringott's is difficult to imagine so they might be included. The rest is just pure speculation :wink:

I'm assuming that the inclusion of WWW in DA means we're getting the twins finally?

2 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

I would prefer them using the Mysterio bowl honestly

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Found RoR but not Hedwig! :look: edit ahah it's there now

Can't find any of the others - can you?

I'm not sure if there is any point in preordering though - normally I'd say preorder from Amazon and you may get them shipped for release date, but at the moment items such as Lego are taking longer to ship anyway. Of course there is the preorder price guarantee in case the price does go down temporarily between now and release date although I doubt they will.

As for preordering from Lego, preordering really does seem pointless unless a set is expected to sell out extremely fast because:

1) They don't ship for release date anyway.

2) Last year, those who preordered missed out on the polybag that was revealed as a GWP on the sets' release date. So those who preordered didn't get their sets shipped any sooner or get the promo for their 'loyalty'. I can see that Harry, Hedwig and table polybag being a GWP this year and again the same thing happening. Yes if you contacted Customer Services some people got the polybag added to their order, but that is a lot of hassle and I got the 'we'll do it just this once' line.  So although Customer Services are always helpful, it is time consuming and not guaranteed.

Just now, Salix said:

I'm assuming that the inclusion of WWW in DA means we're getting the twins finally?

Well nothing has been confirmed about them being in DA so your guess is as good as anybodies, but if you are thinking along the same lines as me, I really can't see WWW being a part of the set and Fred and George not being included. 

Just now, Salix said:

There is no actual confirmation about yet but kingnono pointed out earlier that he assumes that they are included. We talked about that some days ago as well. As the DA from 2011 included the twins but no WWW it is not completely impossible that we get a WWW without the twins this year.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Oh that does look nice.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Oh that does look nice.

Didn't know that piece to date but yeah, I definitely agree!

36 minutes ago, strangely said:

Did pre-orders not go up for the US? I just checked the website and didn't see anything.

Not yet.  I guess someone at shop at home didn't read the press release.

Just now, Friscorays said:

Not yet.  I guess someone at shop at home didn't read the press release.

Technically it said that pre-orders are only for some territories.  So I guess we're getting laughed at a second time.
Oh, well.  At least the May the Fourth promotion was so disappointing that I didn't waste any money on Star Wars.

7 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

As the DA from 2011 included the twins but no WWW it is not completely impossible that we get a WWW without the twins this year.

I said that before, but jokingly :tongue: There’s no way WWW is part of the set while the twins aren’t :snicker: early2000’s!TLG may have done that, but not the TLG of today 

40 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

There is no actual confirmation about yet but kingnono pointed out earlier that he assumes that they are included. We talked about that some days ago as well. As the DA from 2011 included the twins but no WWW it is not completely impossible that we get a WWW without the twins this year.

Must've been somewhere buried among the 85 pages from the last 10 days that I didn't read. :P I really hope the twins are included though. :/

EDIT: I've been reading the thread again since 7 pages ago.

Edited by Salix

50 minutes ago, Salix said:

Must've been somewhere buried among the 85 pages from the last 10 days that I didn't read. :P I really hope the twins are included though. :/

EDIT: I've been reading the thread again since 7 pages ago.

Don't worry, that's why i gave you the conclusion :wink:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I said that before, but jokingly :tongue: There’s no way WWW is part of the set while the twins aren’t :snicker: early2000’s!TLG may have done that, but not the TLG of today 

Yes, that's what you answered me to my statement that WWW without the twins would be odd :grin:

1. Astronomy Tower - castle sets are always my favorite so no surprise here

2. FF:UE (terrible name)- as great as a set based off of this could be. Best $30 LEGO HP set. 
3.Attack on the Burrow - I don't mind the side being open but I think having the kitchen hanging out of the side will make it look bad. Still very good though. The random fire was completely unnecessary but it's nice that they went above and beyond and included it. I'm really not a fan of all the stickers and all the clear backed stickers. I'm going to have to buy a sticker applying too aren't I? Anyone have any recommendations? 

4. ROR- I love the idea of getting some sets like this but I feel like the ROR isn't the most exciting choice for our first interior set because at the end of the day it really does feel like it's just a wall. A very nice walk with a door, a chalkboard, a fireplace and some signs but still a wall. I also wish there were some more studs to place minifigures on.

5. Hedwig- not really my kind of thing but it does look quite nice and seems to be a good value. I didn't plan on getting this but maybe I will if I see it on sale or to get the GWP. 

6. Privet Drive - seems a bit overpriced for the stuff included. I'll either get this when it's on a good sale or to get the GWP

4 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

6. Privet Drive - seems a bit overpriced for the stuff included. I'll either get this when it's on a good sale or to get the GWP

yeah its the 'perfect' GWP set, not so exiting that i cant wait , but still expensive enough to snag the gift.

23 minutes ago, deskp said:

yeah its the 'perfect' GWP set, not so exiting that i cant wait , but still expensive enough to snag the gift.

I would expect the minimum to be $100 just like with Diagon Alley