Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:
  1. Astronomy Tower (I cannot say enough how much this set has surprised me, love it). 
  2. Forbidden Forest
  3. Privet Drive
  4. Room of Requirement
  5. Attack on the Burrow (very much my own opinion as I'm biased towards the 2010 version, I much prefer the consistent colour scheme vs the new one) 
  6. Hedwig 

I have to admit, I do prefer the downstairs interior of the 2010 Burrow to the 2020 version - it’s more enclosed. Like I think a few people have mentioned here, it means that the Burrow will look a bit too “open” from one angle. But in spite of that...

1. AT

2. Attack on the Burrow

3. Room of Requirement

4. Privet Drive

5. Forbidden Forest

6 Hedwig

I do think Hedwig is a fantastic build but I just prefer playsets. I’ll still pick one up because it’s a bit different, but it’s not really my thing. Appreciate LEGO are branching out and trying some new as it’ll make the theme last a lot longer! I’d love a Niffler one of these eventually, for example. 

19 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Hey! On an unrelated note - are you keeping the set boxes? They are taking up a pot of space for me but I don't know what is best to do with them.

I started keeping my boxes around 2016-2017, it takes up some space but it's not that much. Just try to put boxes within boxes within boxes as long as possible to maximize the use of your available space :wink:

8 minutes ago, Thieda said:

What would your ranking of new sets be?

1. Attack on the Burrow

2. AT

3. Privet Drive

4. Room of Requirement

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Hedwig

For me it's:

1. Astronomy Tower - fantastic set, even though the figures aren't that usefull they are (mostly) very well detailed. Get's the nr1 spot over the Burrow because it extends the castle 

2. Burrow - fantastic set, great figures but some of them definetely underdetailed

3. Forbidden Forest - love Grawp, the tree not so much. Figures are mostly fantastic

4. Room of Requirement - good little set

5. Privet Drive - it's a good set but it's just not as good when I feel like I already own half of it 

6. Hedwig - good set but just not my thing

9 minutes ago, Thieda said:

1. Attack on the Burrow

2. AT

3. Privet Drive

4. Room of Requirement

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Hedwig

1. AT

2. Attack on the burrow

3. Forbidden forest

4. Privet drive

5. RoR

6. Hedwig

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Do you have a link?

This do not make sense, they did it yesterday on Instagram, but that in no where to be found *huh*
And today they are doing the same thing on Facebook, not to be found either :wacko:

Oh it's something completely different I didn't realise :(

Edited by sammy_zammy

22 minutes ago, Thieda said:

1. Attack on the Burrow

2. AT

3. Privet Drive

4. Room of Requirement

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Hedwig

Mine would be: 

1. Attack on the Burrow: Don't really care for the 'Attack' part, they could have left that out for me. (it's like 3 flames and 2 characters I don't care about) but apart from that that set is amazing. Love the slanted upper stories, all the Quidditch details. Might buy two.
2. Room of Requirement: They've done so much in such a little set. love the different torso's and it's only 20 euros :D
3. Astronomy Tower: I love the figures that you get in this set. I just like them not being all roby. Also the look of the AT itself is cool.
4. Hedwich: Don't know why but I just really like this one. I thought I would hate it but turns out I don't.
5. Privet Drive: it's like ranking your children :P Love all the details, and the fact that they did multiple scenes in one build. (I try to do that as well because of room constraints) 

6. Forbidden Forest: I'm not as fond of it as the others, but I like that we get centaurs and Hermione in my favorite outfit of hers. (That shirt was my gay-aweakeing ngl)

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

Had a weird thought just now: do you think the Diagon Alley will be 18+ and have a box similar in style to Star Wars and Architecture? I know 5 sets (so far?) isn't any indicator, but it seems to me that that's the direction Lego is going in with adult-oriented sets this year

It will maybe be 16 + in line with Ideas and Hogwarts Castle. I'd imagine it'll be normal box style, probably again a similar size to Hogwarts Castle box with a box in a box.

45 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Hey! On an unrelated note - are you keeping the set boxes? They are taking up a pot of space for me but I don't know what is best to do with them.

I do, just in case I need to sell one day. They get flattened and go in rubble bags in the loft. Unfortunately they get a bit warped from getting a little damp up there.

37 minutes ago, Thieda said:

1. Astronomy Tower - the best Hogwarts set yet in my opinion, I love every part of it.

2. The Burrow - amazingly detailed set, basically on par with AT.

3. Privet Drive - I actually think this looks a really nice compact build, even if it is a little small and perhaps less good value for money.

4. Forbidden Forest - I really like this set but I feel it could do with some more scenery. Love the Centaurs.

5. Room of Requirement - really lovely set just in no rush to get it, as nice as it is, it is just a wall really.

6. Hedwig - really cool but just not for me.

Tbh they're all on par with each other though.

My ranking:

1. The Burrow

2. Astronomy Tower

3. Forbidden Forest

4. Room of Requirment

5. Privet Drive

6. Hedwig

most-of-hogwarts-lego.png

Just thought it kind of cool showing off all the individual parts you can move around and connect, for the people who follow that system.

Just now, deskp said:

Just thought it kind of cool showing off all the individual parts you can move around and connect, for the people who follow that system.

Wow this theme is so great for all its customisation options.

And damn the AT looks gorgeous silhouetted by itself like that (oh no I've watched too much just2good haven't I...)

1 hour ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I always keep the boxes in case I'd want to sell some sets someday, I keep mine boxes under bed :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Thieda said:

1. Attack on the Burrow

2. AT

3. Privet Drive

4. Room of Requirement

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Hedwig

1. Burrow

2. Astronomy Tower

3. Room of Requirement 

4. Privet Drive

5. Forbidden Forest 

6. Hedwig

6 hours ago, joeee said:

With covid-19, I don't think I'll be doing any feeling the bags this time around. :( I think I'll be buying a whole box maybe. Anyone else?

I'll buy a complete set of 16 figures as always :classic: There are luckily lots of shops that offer that.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Pre-orders are live! :sweet: Except for the Burrow that is :hmpf_bad:

I mean...come on :wacko:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I have to say I still fail to see the point in TLG offering pre-orders. I pre-ordered one of the Minions sets and ordered the other one once it became available, and both orders arrived on the same day :tongue:

I assume its main purpose is they can distribute the sets in a way that everyone who wants to have one can get one, just that nobody has to face the backorder problem. Another advantage for me is that I don't need to be ready at 12am on release day. Although I'm still awake at 12 but it's kinda stressful to catch the point.

For my fellow dutchies in this thread Misterbricks.nl has the sets up for pre-order with discounts of 10 to 14% :wink:

56 minutes ago, Thieda said:

This is harder than I thought - I keep rearranging my list, so I'll have to give two different versions. Version 1, trying to judge each on its own merits as a standalone set:

1. Attack on The Burrow

2. Hogwarts Astronomy Tower

3. Hedwig

4. 4 Privet Drive

5. Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter

6. Hogwarts Room of Requirement

Version 2, ranking my priorities for buying:

1. Hedwig*

2. Hogwarts Astronomy Tower**

3. Hogwarts Room of Requirement**

4. Attack on The Burrow

5. Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter

6. 4 Privet Drive***

*Jumps to the top slot because my wife wants this one too. Remember this rule: if your spouse wants a LEGO set, that set is now at the top of your to-buy list.

**Next highest priority goes to Hogwarts sections since I already have the other ones, so now I have a compulsive need to get them all as they come out.

***Taken on its own, it's a very nice house set and the play feature looks like a lot of fun, but it is, by design, the single least magical setting in the series, so I'd rather prioritize the more wizardy stuff. Plus I already have an Anglia from the Whomping Willow.

Just now, tafkatb said:

*Jumps to the top slot because my wife wants this one too. Remember this rule: if your spouse wants a LEGO set, that set is now at the top of your to-buy list.

This got more than a chuckle out of me :roflmao:

Edited by sammy_zammy

46 minutes ago, deskp said:

I made a quick edit with what you provided. This is how I imagine a good order, now I know this isn't entirely correct with the orientation of the Technic connections, but it gives a view of what can be done.

I based the orientation on how it lines up with the actual model, in as far as possible ofcourse.

oi8ZTgL.jpg

Just now, Mordarch said:

I made a quick edit with what you provided. This is how I imagine a good order, now I know this isn't entirely correct with the orientation of the Technic connections, but it gives a view of what can be done.

I based the orientation on how it lines up with the actual model, in as far as possible ofcourse.

oi8ZTgL.jpg

It looks so good, it's like a Hogwarts skyline...

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

For my fellow dutchies in this thread Misterbricks.nl has the sets up for pre-order with discounts of 10 to 14% :wink:

Still no discounts anywhere here :sad:

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thank you! Gonna pre-order the smaller sets and then wait for the Burrow to come up.

1 hour ago, Thieda said:

1. Attack on the Burrow

2. AT

3. Privet Drive

4. Room of Requirement

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Hedwig

Mine will be

1. AT
 : mainly because it includes viaduct building

2. Barrow

: Fantastic design, a lot of interior details 

3. 4 Privet Drive

: A little bit cramped, but love that they have scene from movie 1 & 2.
Although, I’ll prefer to trade trade Ford Angalir for bigger House

4. RoR :
Always love an extension of Hogwarts castle, plus this one is small but executed really well. 
Love the idea of two sides interior. 

5. Forbidden Forest 
: Really good minifigures

6. Hedwig 

: the build isn’t that bad but the minifigures should be better 

2 hours ago, Thieda said:

1. Attack on the Burrow

2. AT

3. Privet Drive

4. Room of Requirement

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Hedwig

This is kinda a mashup of order of importance as it concerns to potentially buying, but also just what I think of the sets outside of the buying context: 

1. Attack on the Burrow (I’ve not been able to stop drooling and gushing about this set since the pictures dropped)

2. Astronomy Tower (probably won’t be able to buy this one but I think it’s got one of the most interesting builds out of the Hogwarts sets for this reboot)

3. Hedwig (I like this one! I see myself putting it on my desk and making her wings flap every so often, it’s just a really fun display piece)

4. Room of Requirement (what’s included is great for $20, but that’s not too surprising given how great this line’s $20 sets have been)

5. Privet Drive (have the original version and the WW, so I already have a fair chunk of what this set has to offer, so I won’t be picking it up, but it’s still quite nice looking)

6. Forbidden Forest (Grawp was done well, and I like the centaurs and the other minifigures, but this one doesn’t interest me a whole lot)

With that all being said, I would be happy to have any of these. Gosh this line is so great, I’m so glad they brought it back 

My list:

1. Astronomy Tower, but ever so slightly above 2 because it depicts a better scene, ergo has more desireable figures (for me at least)

2. The Burrow. The house itself is near perfect and on par with AT in terms of looks, it's just down to scene and minifg selection.

3. Room of Requirement, another great small set. The more patronuses, the better!

4. Privet Drive. Lovely house, great Dursley figures, but unnecessary Ford Anglia and weird Dobby bring it down a bit

5. Forbidden Forest. Even though executed well, I don't really care for Grawp. Still a must have for the centaurs and Umbridge

6. Hedwig. I do want to build it, see how it looks on display, but it's of the least priority compared to other sets

10 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Now we’ve seen so many dress robes, I can only hope for a Fleur figure in her wedding dress ?

That would be a great 20-30 set for next year

2 hours ago, Wingardium Legiosa said:

Hermione in my favorite outfit of hers. (That shirt was my gay-aweakeing ngl)

OMG.

Spoiler

Harry in the bath with Myrtle was mine (I was very young).

It's very difficult to rank them for me, but I'll have a go.

1. Astronomy Tower

2. Room of Requirement

3. Privet Drive

4. Burrow

5. Grawp

6. Hedwig 

3 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I have kept all of my boxes so far for the rebooted line (I didn't get the Hogwarts castle, DA GWP, or Birckheads though) and still have a few old boxes (2001 Hogwarts Castle, 2010 freeing Dobby and 2011 Hogwarts).

It was immensely helpful when I was moving. I was able to just pack all of the sets into their boxes for me to rebuild later. All of the boxes together look surprisingly impressive. 

My current plan is to keep the boxes on a shelf and not have all of the sets on display. The sets take up a lot less shelf space in their boxes and the smaller sets can be stacked which takes up even less space. 

This is based more on my own wish list than actual set quality but not entirely... 

1. 4 Privet Drive- Love this set, shame I have the Whomping Willow though. One of my favourite scenes which is why it’s so high. 

2. Room of Requirement- think they did a great job at this scene. Love the features and the figures 

3. Astronomy Tower- Look the quality of this and number 4 is insanely good imo. This just pips it because I like the architecture of the tower. Good figures too and another great addition to the Hogwarts collection

4. The Burrow- Pretty much faultless. The best they could have done based on this set. Would have love to see printing skirt bricks for Molly and Bellatrix. Again this could easily be 1. 

5. Forbidden Forest- Nice set just the other 4 are that good. Figures great too. Will pick this up probably because of it’s cheap price 

6. Hedwig- isn’t bad but for some reason looks a little bug-like to me. Still nice though.

Edited by ArrowBricks