Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 4/26/2020 at 9:06 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Ashnflash is insisting these sets come out in august. Which doesn't make any sense as all newssources so far have said june

This post didn't age well :grin:

No but in all seriousness. I'm disappointed they're releasing August 1st.... Time to hit up eBay in June I guess :/ 

With covid-19, I don't think I'll be doing any feeling the bags this time around. :( I think I'll be buying a whole box maybe. Anyone else?

3 hours ago, Spinozartre said:

What do you think ? Will we be able to create a coherent, grouped, rectangular and non-rectilinear set (see photo)

lego-harry-potter-combine-poudlard-sets-75948-75953-7594-75969.jpg

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure this is not an official image. The proportions are way off. The Astronomy Tower is only going to be slightly taller than the Great Hall set’s Grand Staircase Tower.

At this point, I don’t think LEGO has an “official” configuration for the Hogwarts Castle play sets. The company encourages creative play and customization. Besides, the Castle is a magical one with moving staircases, disappearing walls, and towers that seem to sprout up from nowhere.

This is how I am planning to display my set, however. The main change from the image you posted is the Potions room from the Whomping Willow set is between the Great Hall set and the Clocktower set. I’m also planning to attach the RoR to the interior left of the Astronomy Tower.

lego-harry-potter-75969-erweiterung.jpg

Edited by sebastian666

15 hours ago, Zedro said:

I don’t no if it was share yet but tomorrow Lego gone make a Q&A on Instagram with Marcos Bessa, lead designer for the new Harry Potter wave. You can submit your questions now on instastories  Lego Instagram page they gone be online tomorrow ate 4:30 pm BST

Do anyone know where I can watch this? Should have aired yesterday, but I do not find it anywhere:wall:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Do anyone know where I can watch this? Should have aired yesterday, but I do not find it anywhere:wall:

Wanna know too !

Wow! Thanks to everyone for posting all the images of the combined sets. It's very helpful. :)

43 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

34 minutes ago, Bluetus said:

Wanna know too !

Same time again today on Facebook

3 hours ago, MaximVlogs said:

Uhm hello?

Here's quite a good video I found which details some of the changes to the design of the Hogwarts Castle. I kind of wish we either get the main courtyard, or the courtyard with the fountain (that leads to the giant rickety Bridge to Hagrid's and Hogsmeade), but the build might look a little bland.

7 hours ago, Spinozartre said:

I am completely in love with this range, but I remain skeptical when at the end.
The way the LEGO sets officially present (on the right) suggests that this is just a playset and that they did not think about the possibility of assembling in depth to make it look like Hogwarts castle at the end...
Will it really be a set that will make it possible to reproduce the castle or will there be too many parts missing ? Like Bridges, communal areas, boathouse, inner court ...

In addition, what makes me the most doubt is the tower of the large hall from the start, which is much too small.
Have people tried to double it with a second set?

Is it taller and wider than all the other towers?

What do you think ? Will we be able to create a coherent, grouped, rectangular and non-rectilinear set (see photo)

lego-harry-potter-combine-poudlard-sets-75948-75953-7594-75969.jpg

Do you think that certain sets must be bought in duplicate to create games yourself ?
Because there is a risk of missing some ..

Will you integrate the room on request at the castle, like the rest, where and how ? Because it is an "interior" room but it has sockets to be hung outside.

I love this range so much, but I'm really afraid that this whole minifig scale castle is just a set of rectilinear paysets, without the possibility of making a castle on a minifig scale.

Many questions ahah and forgive my english, I am french (nobody is perfect !) ...

As someone said, that’s not an official image - you can tell where it’s been photoshopped (Look how the Astronomy Tower doesn’t connect very well and isn’t quite straight and how the proportions aren’t right (Astronomy Tower is too tall and like you say Great Hall Tower is too small) and neither are the colours (due to the CGI), not to mention the random Slughorn.

But I’m really not sure why you expected a Lego set not to be a play set. Lego is ultimately designed for kids to play with. It just so happens that it’s really nice to display. You’re never going to get a complete Hogwarts from these sets, for a range of reasons - there’s a lot of fairly random wall, Hogwarts changes between films, the open backs meaning that in any layout that is like a film, things will be wrongly orientated. But most of all there’s just so much of it for them to fit everything in.

What’s more, this isn’t an at all to scale model, but rather an artistic representation of Hogwarts. This applies to the Great Hall Tower - they’re not going to make the entire huge tower as it would be far too large. Several people have modified it a few pages back to have a back, although that doesn’t make it to scale - it just makes it have a back.

Of course you can modify stuff yourself to make it accurate. They don’t have to connect in any way like official or unofficial images show. But these Hogwarts sets will always be designed to connect in a line like this so that it works with any number of sets and so it’s fun to both display (from the front) and play with (from the back). And yes you can also buy second sets to change stuff.

For the Room of Requirement - there are specific pins in the rear of the Astronomy Tower that it fits into, so that it will be indoors on both sides.

But like I say - they’re never going to make the entire castle or the entire castle accurately. But there’s nothing stopping you changing that. Just expect that to be expensive!

your English is great, I understood it perfectly enough :)

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Pre-orders are live! :sweet: Except for the Burrow that is :hmpf_bad:

Oh yeah, nice!

Just pre-ordered the 4 playsets. Luckily you get free shipping over £50 so I'll order the Burrow as soon as it comes up.

I have to say I still fail to see the point in TLG offering pre-orders. I pre-ordered one of the Minions sets and ordered the other one once it became available, and both orders arrived on the same day :tongue:

Had a weird thought just now: do you think the Diagon Alley will be 18+ and have a box similar in style to Star Wars and Architecture? I know 5 sets (so far?) isn't any indicator, but it seems to me that that's the direction Lego is going in with adult-oriented sets this year

Do you think the Burrow will even go up for pre-order since it's an exclusive?

3 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Do you think the Burrow will even go up for pre-order since it's an exclusive?

Probably not. Regardless of its exclusivity,  there’s no clear pattern which sets can be pre-ordered and which cannot. Some examples: only one of the initial five Minions sets could be pre-ordered and while the new Star Wars helmets were all available for pre-order (one of which being an exclusive), the D-O set wasn’t. Overwatch was the only theme I can think of that had an entire wave available for pre-orders :shrug_oh_well:

53 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Same time again today on Facebook

Do you have a link?

This do not make sense, they did it yesterday on Instagram, but that in no where to be found *huh*
And today they are doing the same thing on Facebook, not to be found either :wacko:

4 hours ago, joeee said:

With covid-19, I don't think I'll be doing any feeling the bags this time around. :( I think I'll be buying a whole box maybe. Anyone else?

I'm probably buy a whole box. I want to have duplicate of the potion book and the monster book and some duplicate of characters. And sell the rest. I'm typically not that person that buy a whole box, but hp is an exception!

Hey! On an unrelated note - are you keeping the set boxes? They are taking up a pot of space for me but I don't know what is best to do with them.

I never keep the boxes, but I'm pretty Marie Kondo in that aspect, what doesn't give me joy goes to recycling/someone else. My sisters does though, she makes them all flat, and keeps them in a big wooden Ike crate. Works pretty well.

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

Hey! On an unrelated note - are you keeping the set boxes? They are taking up a pot of space for me but I don't know what is best to do with them.

I always keep set boxes. My brother and I store them by flattening them and storing the flattened boxes of similar sizes together with tied string! Works pretty well. They do take up a lot of room but makes the second-hand set more valuable if you were to ever sell them! 

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

I keep everything apart from the plastic bags. Yes, that includes boxes, instructions, those little cardboard boxes for the capes or rubber bands and even empty sticker sheets :laugh:

I flatten the smaller boxes and store them inside the larger ones, which I then stack up in my storage room:

49024934988_64df7ba1a3.jpg

It's getting dangerously crowded in there, I need to flatten more boxes at one point or expand to another room :grin:

What would your ranking of new sets be?

1. Attack on the Burrow

2. AT

3. Privet Drive

4. Room of Requirement

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Hedwig

Just now, Thieda said:

What would your ranking of new sets be?

1. Attack on the Burrow

2. AT

3. Privet Drive

4. Room of Requirement

5. Forbidden Forest

6. Hedwig

1. Astronomy Tower (I cannot say enough how much this set has surprised me, love it). 
  2. Forbidden Forest
  3. Privet Drive
  4. Room of Requirement
  5. Attack on the Burrow (very much my own opinion as I'm biased towards the 2010 version, I much prefer the consistent colour scheme vs the new one) 
  6. Hedwig