Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Yes, it's probably the biggest department store in the UK. They're the retailer that always gets the LEGO exclusives first after S@H does.

Cool, might be worth a try, thanks!

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Cool, might be worth a try, thanks!

https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/delivery-information/international-delivery

Hmm, unfortunately it seems they don't offer to US any more, but Canada's on there if that helps anyone. Don't forget UK prices do include VAT :wink:

You could always use a package forwarder though!

Edited by sammy_zammy

Alternative torso for Vernon. Three piece suit, tie and belly

lego-jacob-kowalski-minifigure-245553-25

Edited by deskp

17 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

There's places with preorders and discounts already?

In my country you can find some sales, I have seen some sets from 2019 for the half of price, but only shorter sales like one week.

6 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Question for everyone... do you all display your hogwarts roughly how LEGO shows in their pictures or have some of you come up with a more accurate layout? I personally removed the yule ball part from the clock tower and attached it to the back end of the great hall. But thought some of you might be a bit more switched on as to the actual layout out of hogwarts and how to best represent it with what we have. Would love some suggestions, surprisingly can't find anything by googling.

No, i'm modify the sets to look better. It's almost an exception i'm satisfy with legos version. But legos version does helping me to get inspired and start rebuilding. I want to be more accurate to the actually Hogwarts, not to legos Hogwarts :)

3 minutes ago, Zedro said:

I don’t no if it was share yet but tomorrow Lego gone make a Q&A on Instagram with Marcos Bessa, lead designer for the new Harry Potter wave. You can submit your questions now on instastories  Lego Instagram page they gone be online tomorrow ate 4:30 pm BST

People seem to be confused on the IG post. It says it's today on IG but tomorrow on FB?

Edited by sammy_zammy

I swear

You solemnly swear that you are up to no good? :laugh:

Just now, 8fifty said:

You solemnly swear that you are up to no good? :laugh:

Mischief managed

Ah it works, I guess maybe they're doing it on IG one day and FB the next

Edited by sammy_zammy

8 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Mischief managed

That's what I wanted to hear!

7 minutes ago, Zedro said:

I don’t no if it is Marcos Bessa

Yes, the upper guy is him

The new sets are up for pre-order in the UK on Smyths and Zavvi, but the Burrow is missing so I'm guessing it's a Lego exclusive. I got the new sets weeks early in both 2018 and 2019 from Smyths, but this year I'm getting them from Lego to earn points (they're the same price) as I'm saving them to get for Birthday in July so I'm in no rush to receive them. 

18 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

The new sets are up for pre-order in the UK on Smyths and Zavvi, but the Burrow is missing so I'm guessing it's a Lego exclusive. I got the new sets weeks early in both 2018 and 2019 from Smyths, but this year I'm getting them from Lego to earn points (they're the same price) as I'm saving them to get for Birthday in July so I'm in no rush to receive them. 

Just saw. No pre-order discounts like someone else said there was in their country :look:

Just saw. No pre-order discounts like someone else said there was in their country :look:

That was me. I just ordered with a 10% discount from Taschengelddieb. Depending on how many retailers you have in GB, you can wait a few days until all of them have listed the sets. Maybe one or another offers some discount as well :blush:

Just now, 8fifty said:

That was me. I just ordered with a 10% discount from Taschengelddieb. Depending on how many retailers you have in GB, you can wait a few days until all of them have listed the sets. Maybe one or another offers some discount as well :blush:

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Even 10% off I really shouldn't as it'll be cheaper than that after release and I ought to get the previous years' sets first, but I wanna ride the hype :snicker:

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Even 10% off I really shouldn't as it'll be cheaper than that after release and I ought to get the previous years' sets first, but I wanna ride the hype :snicker:

I usually wait for at least 20% but this time I just couldn't. The sets are too good to wait any longer and building them is the best activity to distract oneself a little bit. But  I guess my wallet will start biting me very soon :innocent:

9 hours ago, deskp said:

Hogwarts-Astronomy-Tower-size-2.png

In case anyone was wondering the high differences.

That’s fantastic ! They indeed make it tallest as it should. 
Did Lego release the instruction for AT yet ? I couldn’t find one. 

However, if you wouldn’t mind, can I get LDD file for all 3 castles.
I still in progress with my MOC right now. 

It will help me a lot. 

Just now, Bluetus said:

Did Lego release the instruction for AT yet ? I couldn’t find one. 

The instructions are usually released on the release day of the sets :wink:

5 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

The instructions are usually released on the release day of the sets :wink:

Thanks ! :laugh:

When do you guys think the leaks for Diagon Alley will be and is it still supposed to be coming out in August or at another time now? 

Just now, DocStrange said:

When do you guys think the leaks for Diagon Alley will be and is it still supposed to be coming out in August or at another time now? 

Wasn't it supposed to come out in September? Either way, I don't expect leaks in the form of pictures earlier than July.

3 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

I think like the Hogwarts D2C it will be availabe for VIP‘s to buy in mid-August if it‘s released in September.

We got pictures of the Hogwarts D2C on July 25th and it was released on September 1st, I think we can expect about the same with Diagon Alley.

3 minutes ago, topiku said:

I think like the Hogwarts D2C it will be availabe for VIP‘s to buy in mid-August if it‘s released in September.

We got pictures of the Hogwarts D2C on July 25th and it was released on September 1st, I think we can expect about the same with Diagon Alley.

Ugh... that’s a long time to wait! Come on summer, get over with ?

Can’t wait for that set, been wanting a D2C Diagon Alley for years! Arrhh!

Just now, Bainter-ban said:

Ugh... that’s a long time to wait! Come on summer, get over with ?

Can’t wait for that set, been wanting a D2C Diagon Alley for years! Arrhh!

Exercise patience you have to :yoda:

But hey - until then we will probably get a lot more hints from kingnono we can debate about.

7 hours ago, deskp said:

its the "lifestyle" image, the one with the human children

Great catch! So nice to get some printed books.

Just now, 8fifty said:

Exercise patience you have to :yoda:

But hey - until then we will probably get a lot more hints from kingnono we can debate about.

That‘s for sure! And if things go like last year and we do indeed have some sets coming in August maybe we‘ll get pictures of them in mid-May like 2019 :) 

15 minutes ago, topiku said:

I hope it follows this schedule as it would be good timing for me. My Birthday is July 18th so I am waiting to get the sets then, then I will only have a few days to wait until the reveal of the D2C. 

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Great catch! So nice to get some printed books.

nono, I doubt it's printed.