Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Does anyone know usually what time sets come out for pre order during the day?

Not sure, I was wondering the same thing! Still don’t know if I want to order through another site though (in case shipping will end up being quicker). Does anyone know of any retailers specifically who tend to mail the sets early by mistake? Then again, I also might wait to buy any sets until GWP announcement... 

35 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Does anyone know usually what time sets come out for pre order during the day?

I live in the US. But back in 2018, I pre-ordered at 9PM because I live on the west coast and it was midnight on the east coast. But, it has been an hour and I can't seem to pre-order it still. Maybe things have changed.

Yeah, I don’t see them up for preorder either. I’m conflicted because I want to preorder them immediately to guarantee I’ll get them, but I love my summer trip to the LEGO store to buy the entire wave at once. I hope the GWP is in August/September to coincide with the sets/D2C release rather than in October like 2018, which I found a bit random. 

49 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Thank you, I’m going to choose to move past it though for the sake of the thread’s continuity

For sure, the right thing to do. Just expressing some support :thumbup:

6 hours ago, tafkatb said:

So I'm trying to plan out my purchases, and as much as it pains me, I might have to pass on the Burrow. If there weren't a $400 Diagon Alley set on the way, I might spring for the entire wave, but I think I'll have to limit myself to the Astronomy Tower, Room of Requirement, and Hedwig as my highest priorities. Hopefully Tonks will show up elsewhere.

Without obviously knowing your financial situation, I would suggest going after the AT & Burrow first. The other two will be quite a bit faster to save for, even if you don’t have a lot of spare cash each week. Then you have a month before DA is released. 

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The D2C is actually coming out in september

Aw... That's sad, there go my hopes and dreams. Sorry for the confusion

It seems this thread has exploded over the last 10 days resulting in 85 pages backlog. Can someone summarise these so I don't have to read all that? :P

I must say that these announced sets look amazing and if I could afford it they would all be day 1 purchases, but then again, there's no rush, is there? :)

8 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Not sure how they nitpicked a detail, you literally said "I’ve been thinking about how a lot of us had sets that seemed unrealistic on our wishlists...and now with us getting WWW?" And they are contributing to discussion, by saying that WWW is not unrealistic to have expected, but is nice to have nonetheless. And it wasn't the specific part of the post they were replying to, as that was the example you gave for the bulk of your comment.

I completely agree with you on this but whatever :shrug_oh_well:

For the most part the discussion was speculation about when the set pictures were going to be released. The pictures of the sets got released. Then lots of oohing and aahing at the new sets.

By the way, hi everyone. Relatively new here! :-D

Question for everyone... do you all display your hogwarts roughly how LEGO shows in their pictures or have some of you come up with a more accurate layout? I personally removed the yule ball part from the clock tower and attached it to the back end of the great hall. But thought some of you might be a bit more switched on as to the actual layout out of hogwarts and how to best represent it with what we have. Would love some suggestions, surprisingly can't find anything by googling.

32 minutes ago, Salix said:

It seems this thread has exploded over the last 10 days resulting in 85 pages backlog. Can someone summarise these so I don't have to read all that? :P

I must say that these announced sets look amazing and if I could afford it they would all be day 1 purchases, but then again, there's no rush, is there? :)

- We were annoyed at all the summer sets leaking but without HP

- The sets were revealed

- DA is not an upscaled version of the GWP

- WWW and Borgin and Burkes confirmed to be in DA

- 75978 is a new set and not DA

- There's a GWP coming based on Hogsmeade

- Advent Calendar is OotP based

- There is another 'Tom' in one of the sets, unsure which Tom it refers to (might be the Innkeeper or several different versions of Voldy)

Pretty sure this is it 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

- There's a GWP coming based on Hogsmeade

Wait... what? Where was this discussed?

I'm picking Harry Potter sets up for my wife and kids, but I'd be tempted by Hogsmeade (based solely on my Universal Studios experience).

Wait... GWP is "gift with purchase" right? It'll be tiny. ?

Edited by 0tter

Just now, 0tter said:

Wait... what? Where was this discussed?

I'm picking Harry Potter sets up for my wife and kids, but I'd be tempted by Hogsmeade (based solely on my Universal Studios experience).

Wait... GWP is "gift with purchase" right? It'll be tiny. ?

Yeah, it seems it'll be similar size to the Diagon Alley GWP from a while back, with an exclusive minifig (I think the general assumption is that it'll be Rosmerta...?)

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yeah, it seems it'll be similar size to the Diagon Alley GWP from a while back, with an exclusive minifig (I think the general assumption is that it'll be Rosmerta...?)

Or Aberforth, I haven't seen any other suggestions that would make sense

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I suggested Harry in winter cloths, wouldn‘t that make sense too? Not that I‘d want that of course, just saying :laugh:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I suggested Harry in winter cloths, wouldn‘t that make sense too? Not that I‘d want that of course, just saying :laugh:

That would make sense yeah. I didn't really follow the whole GWP discussion, just a bit of it :tongue: Rosmerta or Aberforth seems like the most logical inclusion to me

I think Aberforth is the most likely, he's fairly prominent in Deathly Hallows Part 2 but would be quite low on the list of characters Lego would include from the film I'd imagine. Also even if Lego made a Hogsmead set in a few years the Hog's Head might not even be included as I'd imagine the sweet shop, Three Broomsticks and Shrieking Shack would take priority. 

That would make sense yeah. I didn't really follow the whole GWP discussion, just a bit of it :tongue: Rosmerta or Aberforth seems like the most logical inclusion to me

Did Kingnono phrase it as an exclusive minifigure or exclusive character? Because that could be quite revealing on if it's a variant or not. 

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Did Kingnono phrase it as an exclusive minifigure or exclusive character? Because that could be quite revealing on if it's a variant or not. 

Exclusive minifigure but that could still be either a character or variant imo

Haven't given my opinion yet so just thought I'd share a few thoughts.

RoR: Love the details on such a tiny set. The clockwork death eater and educational decrees were a nice surprise as were all the unique torsos. Gives us somewhere to place our second umbridge. I'm glad it can be attached on the interior as it stops the layout from being too long and acts as a separating wall. 10/10

Umbridge encounter: I actually loved how Grawp turned out. I was worried they wouldnt be able to do his hair right but they pulled it off. The tree build will go perfectly with the rest of the forbidden forest. 7/10

Privet Drive: Huge improvement on the original and as I never got Dobby in the cmf I'm glad to get him here. While we already got the car, at we can now display 2 scenes with it now. Love how the interior and the dursleys turned out. Wouldve loved pyjama harry but I understand they already used him in the cmf. 8/10

Astronomy tower: Absolutely delighted with how this turned out. Especially thrilled with the inclusion of the viaduct entrance. All the rooms look great. I don't really consider this set to have a potions classroom like others were saying it looks more like a party room. I'm probably gonna stick Fenrir and Bellatrix in this set as I don't want the Burrow under attack. 10/10

Also with the inclusion of the viaduct entrance, does this change your design of the LLC Hogwarts in any way @Bugbot20082 ?

The burrow: Pleasantly suprised as I was setting myself up for disappointment. Love the inclusion of all the included weasleys' bedrooms. It's now the biggest set in the wave which is odd as it's not a Hogwarts piece, so I wonder if our biggest set of next wave is going to be a Hogwarts expansion or something else. 9/10

Hedwig: Not terrible. I like the clockwork feature but unless someone gets me this as a gift, I don't see myself picking this up. The exclusive Harry isnt amazing to me so I can go without him

Just now, Thieda said:

Still no availability for pre-order on the new sets.... :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, I‘m also checking every ten minutes or so :grin: The Minecraft sets just became available for pre-order, but still nada when it comes to HP

1 hour ago, Salix said:

Exactly, these will be about for ages, exciting as it is

2 hours ago, Sirius1348 said:

I was skeptical regarding the greenhouse in the AT set... so here my interpretation ;-)

greenhouse.jpg.7f171bc5f634852347e47720a69dd663.jpg

I like them, very nice shaping of the roof!

On 4/29/2020 at 3:40 PM, Tommy269 said:

I just went on Lego.com and in australia, it says that the burrow costs $150 and the AT costs $170. I heard that in america they both cost $100. Does anyone know why the AT is more expensive even tho it has less pieces than the burrow.

Big W and Kmart will probably have them for around $120 each... this is why I would't buy anthing from Lego themselves (unless it's an exclusive), their prices are way too expensive here in Australia, Many other stores have them for cheaper. The big D2Cs are ridicuously expensive here though, as usually only Lego and Myer (our biggest department store) ever sell them. 

Is it like this in other countries though? People here always talk about buying from Lego stores or Shop@Home, but in Australia there seems no reason to unless it's an exclusive ot there's at GWP?