Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Didnt state that anyone did, just that it was a “wishlist” set. Of all the things to reply to my post its funny that you have to nitpick a detail instead of contributing to discussion. Ive seen you do that alot and its kind of getting old

Not sure how they nitpicked a detail, you literally said "I’ve been thinking about how a lot of us had sets that seemed unrealistic on our wishlists...and now with us getting WWW?" And they are contributing to discussion, by saying that WWW is not unrealistic to have expected, but is nice to have nonetheless. And it wasn't the specific part of the post they were replying to, as that was the example you gave for the bulk of your comment.

But anyway, as the mods have said, let's keep this on topic and move on.

8 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

@topiku Glad I'm not the only one to have done that with the new sets all day yesterday. :wink:

I'm glad others are catching onto how awesome smaller, standalone Hogwarts sets would be. Still hoping for Gryffindor Common Room in that vein. 

It's midnight on the 30th in the UK and the sets aren't up for pre-order.

I would love Gryffindor Common Room. And Slytherin for that matter, too. They could do a double pack?

It's weird actually - looking through the reveal images has given me the same sense of satisfaction and happiness I get when I've bought and completed a set. Like a new experience. If I'd have known, I'd have just reacted to sets and never bought them if I knew it was gonna have the same effect on my emotions :wink: nah of course the only reason I feel this way is because I'm excited to get them!

14 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

It's midnight on the 30th in the UK and the sets aren't up for pre-order.

I assume them to come up around midday :wink:

3 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

That's very true.

Speaking of Graveyard Duel, I have a random off-topic question. Does anyone have the Hidden Side Graveyard Mystery? https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/graveyard-mystery-70420 I feel like it'd go well with the graveyard... It's really giving me the old HP graveyard vibes...

I've altered pretty much all the Harry potter sets, I love the new sets but I really like making the interiors and scenes. I've created a page here for people to share their moc's of Hogwarts and to share ideas. So feel free to share your moc images over there. 

Also here is my moc of the graveyard duel blended with hidden side graveyard. 

Harry Potter graveyard duel blended with Hidden side graveyard set.

1 minute ago, Micmac said:

I've altered pretty much all the Harry potter sets, I love the new sets but I really like making the interiors and scenes. I've created a page here for people to share their moc's of Hogwarts and to share ideas. So feel free to share your moc images over there. 

Thank you, I'll give the posts a look, I won't share as I don't even have half of mine built let alone MOC'd, but I love seeing others' setups.

I love your graveyard! But don't tempt me to buy another Expecto Patronum for it... :wink:

Where are so many of the death eaters from?

Edited by sammy_zammy

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Anyone know if the sets are releasing early in July like they did back in 2018 and 2019?

If you are asking about the sets whose photos were recently released, LEGO USA is currently listing them as available on August 1.

32 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Not sure how they nitpicked a detail, you literally said "I’ve been thinking about how a lot of us had sets that seemed unrealistic on our wishlists...and now with us getting WWW?" And they are contributing to discussion, by saying that WWW is not unrealistic to have expected, but is nice to have nonetheless. And it wasn't the specific part of the post they were replying to, as that was the example you gave for the bulk of your comment.

But anyway, as the mods have said, let's keep this on topic and move on.

“and now with us getting WWW? It really seems as if LEGO is granting all of our HP WISHES in this revival.” My mention of WWW was really me talking about a wishlist set more than it being unrealistic (in fact nowhere did I mention anyone calling it unrealistic). However, there is definitely an element of a “wishlist” set being unreleastic. We already had a Diagon alley set from years ago and for whatever reason they shied away from WWW so I'm happy they're making it now. They also shied away from scenes such as Grawp, Sirius’s lake encounter w the dementors, Yule Ball, and Slug club. I guess a better way of saying it would be “unexpected and fresh” than unrealistic. Still I dont need mini mods policing my posts, especially when they dont add anything about sets, just nitpick the language of my otherwise very on-topic comment. Also, its comical to me that you would suggest “let’s keep this on topic and move on,” when you yourself took the time to also “go off topic” in replying to my comment to Guyon. A bit hypocritical to ask others to stay on topic when you’re not even doing so. Thanks for taking such an interest though!

12 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Harry Potter graveyard duel blended with Hidden side graveyard set.

This really looks amazing!

Edited by m0repotter

So I'm trying to plan out my purchases, and as much as it pains me, I might have to pass on the Burrow. If there weren't a $400 Diagon Alley set on the way, I might spring for the entire wave, but I think I'll have to limit myself to the Astronomy Tower, Room of Requirement, and Hedwig as my highest priorities. Hopefully Tonks will show up elsewhere.

Just now, tafkatb said:

So I'm trying to plan out my purchases, and as much as it pains me, I might have to pass on the Burrow. If there weren't a $400 Diagon Alley set on the way, I might spring for the entire wave, but I think I'll have to limit myself to the Astronomy Tower, Room of Requirement, and Hedwig as my highest priorities. Hopefully Tonks will show up elsewhere.

Well it's not gonna be going anywhere, you'll have until at least 2022! :laugh:

2 hours ago, m0repotter said:

I’ve been thinking about how a lot of us had sets that seemed unrealistic on our wishlists (I remember people saying how Beauxbatons Carriage & Yule Ball especially seemed like reaches, Slughorn’s party as well, but less so after we got Yule Ball) and now with us getting WWW? It really seems as if LEGO is granting all of our HP wishes in this revival. Long term, I definitely see us getting Chamber of Secrets (even if its as some people have suggested just a small $25 build) and Shrieking Shack (and possibly even Grimauld Place if we are REALLY lucky) in future waves. Thinking about us getting another set this fall, I definitely think MoM small $25 build seems the most realistic as LEGO seems to purposely be giving us scenes they’ve never given us before this time around (Grawp, Yule Ball, Slug club party). However, in this vein I also wouldn’t rule out Inferi cave battle just yet. As has previously been stated, Graveyard resurrection and Sirius’s “death” in the dark forest also are sets with very serious and graphic subject matter. We will have to see, but I am excited either way!

What is WWW?  I haven't seen a set preview for Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, so I'm not sure what this could refer to. 

Just now, teos said:

What is WWW?  I haven't seen a set preview for Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, so I'm not sure what this could refer to. 

It is Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. It is confirmed by a reliable insider to come w the Diagon Alley set (which, as you stated, we do not currently have pictures of)

5 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Well it's not gonna be going anywhere, you'll have until at least 2022! :laugh:

But I'll have to assume there will be even more great stuff coming out in the meantime! Truly, my struggle is unending.

Edited by tafkatb

Just now, tafkatb said:

But I'll have to assume there will be even more great stuff coming out in the meantime! Truly, my struggle is unending.

Very true. Hopefully they'll stick with only releasing a D2C every other year, giving you a chance to catch up?

48 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Thank you, I'll give the posts a look, I won't share as I don't even have half of mine built let alone MOC'd, but I love seeing others' setups.

I love your graveyard! But don't tempt me to buy another Expecto Patronum for it... :wink:

Where are so many of the death eaters from?

I think i order a few extra death eaters when i was ordering parts off BrickLink.

Hello Everyone, I've made myself a Eurobricks account seeing as it's probably time I stopped watching everyone and got involved.:sweet:

I'd also just like to ask, is the ROR set going to be part of the overall Hogwarts assembly? ( Great Hall, Clocktower etc.)

Just now, scubagoose said:

Hello Everyone, I've made myself a Eurobricks account seeing as it's probably time I stopped watching everyone and got involved.:sweet:

I'd also just like to ask, is the ROR set going to be part of the overall Hogwarts assembly? ( Great Hall, Clocktower etc.)

Welcome! You can put with the overall display but considering that both sides of it are supposed to be interior, it would require some modifications.

Just now, Brick Guru said:

Welcome! You can put with the overall display but considering that both sides of it are supposed to be interior, it would require some modifications.

Ok thanks :laugh:

Out of question, because we already have the GD and RC dorms, will they ever do common rooms with a fire place for sirius's head.

Edited by Tommy269

Just now, Tommy269 said:

Out of question, because we already have the GD and RC dorms, will they ever do common rooms with a fire place for sirius's head.

They did that in the 2007 and 2010 Hogwarts sets. But they should do another one as the old ones were only okay.

Just now, Brick Guru said:

They did that in the 2007 and 2010 Hogwarts sets. But they should do another one as the old ones were only okay.

Thanks, I've got the 2010. It's a shame we will never get a RC tower or GD because they have already been included in sets. Same with the owlery

1 hour ago, Brick Guru said:

Wrong- on the right side of the astronomy tower you can connect the astronomy set to other castles AS WELL as a spot to connect the room of requirement facing inwards, so it’s still considered interior and is never the exterior but still connected to the castle

to clarify:

the ROR angles inward, like not seen from the front display kind of a like a divider of the interior

Edited by LordVoldemort

3 hours ago, m0repotter said:

“and now with us getting WWW? It really seems as if LEGO is granting all of our HP WISHES in this revival.” My mention of WWW was really me talking about a wishlist set more than it being unrealistic (in fact nowhere did I mention anyone calling it unrealistic). However, there is definitely an element of a “wishlist” set being unreleastic. We already had a Diagon alley set from years ago and for whatever reason they shied away from WWW so I'm happy they're making it now. They also shied away from scenes such as Grawp, Sirius’s lake encounter w the dementors, Yule Ball, and Slug club. I guess a better way of saying it would be “unexpected and fresh” than unrealistic.

Your comment wasn't unreasonable. There are definitely some people here who could be a bit more polite.

Does anyone know usually what time sets come out for pre order during the day?

1 hour ago, Albus said:

Your comment wasn't unreasonable. There are definitely some people here who could be a bit more polite.

Thank you, I’m going to choose to move past it though for the sake of the thread’s continuity