Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks! :thumbup: I also never thought I’d ever have a collection like that. When I used to live with my parents until two years ago, I didn’t have nearly the space to display my whole collection simultaneously.

What pushed me over the edge to finally look for a flat of my own was the impending release of the 2018 WW sets, which I wouldn’t have had any space for any more :laugh: And that was easily one of my best decisions, I have to say. Not being able to display the amazing HP sets the reboot has brought us would’ve been simply devastating. The only thing I could’ve done was replacing the LOTR/The Hobbit sets, which would’ve been equally heart-breaking.

More important than the amount of sets you have is the amount of love you put into it :sweet:

You literally bought an entire flat just for Lego, that's dedication :wink:  LotR/Hobbit is something I never had an interest in until recently so I'm a little disappointed I missed out.

But yes absolutely! Most of my Lego has been sitting up in the loft for years, especially ones I got when I was much younger like Vikings and Aqua Raiders. But now I've started collecting HP (quickly turning into one of my favourite themes, on par with Indiana Jones), I'm excited to rebuild those and rediscover all the amazing things I forgot about with those older themes. Trouble is, with both wanting to display those and  HP sets, space is a big issue, and now there's these new ones on top - having space for cabinets like you have would be amazing. I hope one day I'll have the space to display all my Lego simultaneously...

26 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Could be the family portrait in Egypt - in PoA it is revealed in the Leaky Cauldron. 

That would make sense, as we already know about B&B so I don't think that would indicate anything - as kingnono said in the comments.

Pretty sure it hasn't been mentioned yet but Promobricks has blueprints with measurements etc for all sets except for Privet Drive

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Pretty sure it hasn't been mentioned yet but Promobricks has blueprints with measurements etc for all sets except for Privet Drive

They are on the Lego S@H item pages, but no Privet Drive blueprints there either. 

The Burrow and Privet Drive look beautiful and I'll be getting them Day One. The Burrow also doesn't look that difficult to modify into being fully enclosed, which should be a fun project! 

I keep being greedy and checking back in case the potential uknown set is leaked, or any info on the D2C, Calendar or CMF series.

I'm reading HBP and it mentions that Tonks' hair is mousy brown and she is very depressed - because of Sirius' death and her arguments with Remus - so she has lost her ability to transform herself. So it's pretty cute and understandable to have a version of her like that. But, like everyone else, I want her in her pink hair. That outfit she wears in HBP is rather ghastly. 

10 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

You literally bought an entire flat just for Lego, that's dedication :wink: 

To be fair, I’m only a tenant :wink: But it’s true, the HP sets were the last straw when it came to moving out. I’d been contemplating it for years, and when I got the chance through lucky circumstances, I took it :classic:

23 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

kingnono says it is "another one for something special in Diagon Alley" :shrug_oh_well:

_kingnono_ wouldn’t be _kingnono_ if the hints weren’t as ambiguous and cryptic as possible :laugh: Let’s see what we have:

- the Weasley family picture in Egypt

- the Floo network

- the WWW poster

Anything I’ve missed?

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

To be fair, I’m only a tenant :wink: But it’s true, the HP sets were the last straw when it came to moving out. I’d been contemplating it for years, and when I got the chance through lucky circumstances, I took it :classic:

_kingnono_ wouldn’t be _kingnono_ if the hints weren’t as ambiguous and cryptic as possible :laugh: Let’s see what we have:

- the Floo network

- the WWW poster

Anything I’ve missed?

It's also built out of Lego, which is a strong hint that DA and perhaps the Mysterious Ministry Battle could be made of Lego or compatible building blocks?

I stand by my ideas that I said a while ago, diagon alley, the burrow and the MoM set will all have fireplaces with green flames

i really hope this happens and it will fit in with the new “riddle”

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

- the Floo network

- the WWW poster

I spotted the first two, but can’t seem to find the WWW poster. Is it one of the posters on the first floor?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

It's also built out of Lego, which is a strong hint that DA and perhaps the Mysterious Ministry Battle could be made of Lego or compatible building blocks?

:oh: Wow, that’d be amazing! Would be a shame if it was made of M€g@blöck$ or something equally evil :laugh_hard:

I'd say it's the fact that the W Molly is knitting looks very much like a Weasley's Wizard Wheezes logo to me. :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, Holden Brickfield said:

I spotted the first two, but can’t seem to find the WWW poster. Is it one of the posters on the first floor?

Sorry, I meant the sweater with the huge W :blush: The poster is obviously Quidditch-related, I mixed these two up in my memory :laugh:

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I'd say it's the fact that the W Molly is knitting looks very much like a Weasley's Wizard Wheezes logo to me. :)

Or just a Weasley W?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Or just a Weasley W?

Could be, but why would Molly knit a generic W sweater if all the other ones we see have initials for specific family members (plus Harry)? A promotion for WWW makes more sense :laugh:

Oh, and speaking of posters, the Weird Sisters one in Ginny’s room is a nice touch. Is there a specific one they LEGO-fied for this? Can‘t recall one from the films

Which one of you was this :hmpf:

Although I think, based on just2good's reaction video, we need to move onto platypuses.

Guys, LEGO uploaded a story on instagram where you can submit a question for the LIVE designer Q&A tomorrow. I’m sure some of you are curious about one thing or another regarding Harry Potter? Anyway just wanted to let you all know.

5 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

would love to hear any bizarre pricing from other countries. 

The prices here are expensive as always but they’ve been consistent with last year’s.

Love the displays from you all by the way. Maybe in the near future I’ll find the motivation to mod the sets and add to them. I wanna know, is it possible to keep built sets in like new condition? I want to keep them from yellowing, scratching, losing luster, etc. Many of my minifigs that were already a biit yellowed and have been stored in a very dark place, keep discoloring even more. I don’t know if humidity plays a part here? Also, my 2010 HP minifigures are pretty much intact but their articulation has become very rigid, I don’t know why.

I just realised I haven't written down my thoughts yet for some reason. So here are my thoughts on the next wave of sets:

Room of Requirement - Even though it's only a small set I'm very impressed with it. The figures are great, definetely didn't expect to see the Deatheater puppet. Day 1 purchase for me!

Forbidden Forest - I was a little worried about Grawp but wow he looks so good! There are a few flaws with him but I don't think they could've done it any better. The figures are great and even though the tree isn't that good it's still fun to get. Another day 1 purchase for me!

Privet Drive - I wasn't planning on getting this set but I must say I'm very impressed with the end result. The house itself looks fantastic but the interior, while good, looks kinda weird to me. Considering I already have a Ford Anglia, the exact same Ron and Harry and the CMF Dobby I won't pick up this set for RRP. Maybe I'll get it with a good discount but I'll most likely just Bricklink the Dursleys (who look great btw!).

Astronomy Tower - I was extremely excited for this set and the end result is really good. I really LOVE the buiding itself and the interiors, while simplistic, look good enough (especially considering the interiors in the HP Reboot have always been kind a meh). The figures on the other hand are a mixed bag, I get the theming of the set but I personally would've preferred normal students. The figures we do get look great for the most part: Hermione/Harry/Luna/Draco/Neville all look fantastic, Slughorn is good enough but Ron and Lavender leave a lot to be desired. I'm looking forward to getting this set, most likely a day 1 purchase but I still have to decide between getting this or the Burrow first.

Hedwig - I think the basic concept is really cool and I like how you make the wings move. The final result however is kinda disappointing but I wasn't planning on getting this set anyway. It's a cool concept but a meh execution, if the price isn't that high I might buy the Harry variant off Bricklink. 

The Burrow - I'm really happy with this set, it blows the original out of the water in almost every single way! I love the way it's build, how it actually looks like it could fall apart any minute and all the little eastereggs and references hidden throughout. I think Greyback, Tonks, Arthur, Tonks, Harry and Ron all look really good, Ginny looks alright but I would've preferred the bathrobe variant she actually wore in this scene. I personally disagree with all the complaints about Molly's hair, it may not be the best option but it looks fine. What does annoy me is the unprinted dresspieces of Mrs Weasley and Bellatrix, it makes them look really weird. Designwise this is definetely one of the best sets of the reboot so I'm looking forward to buying it, it may be a day 1 purchase for me but like I said earlier I still need to decide wether I get this or the Astronomy Tower first.

Overall a very solid wave!

Never posted my thoughts, so here goes: 

75966 Hogwarts Room of Requirement is a fantastic set for $20, although that isn't exactly surprising considering this theme's track record. The new uniforms are great, as is the dummy, and it's good to get some Educational Decrees. The only issue I can think of is a lack of actual floor in the room, but that'll be fine as long as the set is displayed upon a shelf.

75967 Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter is a set I was expecting to get purely for the incredible figures, but I was blown away by that wonderful Grawp design, he looks almost perfect! My only issue is some of the prints, the two 1x2s on his vest don't really add anything and the shorts would've looked better had they been done with plain brown tiles, as the printing being only on the front looks a little funky. Still though, the build is great, and this has to be my favorite sub-$100 set of the wave!

75968 4 Privet Drive is the set I had been most excited for, but it ended up being my least favorite of the six. Half of the figures are near-identical (or in Ron's case, fully identical), and the inclusion of almost the same car with the same flaws doesn't help. I really like the Dursley figures and the house itself, but all that isn't worth $70 by itself. This'll still be a day-one purchase, but I'll probably build it last rather than first.

75969 (nice) Hogwarts Astronony Tower is beautiful. The exterior is stunning and honestly looks on-on-par with 71043 from the exterior. I particularly enjoy the inclusion of more sand green this time around. The interior is probably the best of the four sets thus far, but the issue comes with the figures. Specifically, Draco and Lavender. Those prints just do not work for them imo. Other than that, I think all the party figures look good, as does the poop fountain.

75979 Hedwig is a... very interesting kit, but I think it looks good from all angles that aren't the one shown on the front of the box. The clockwork feature looks fun, and I love the inclusion of the letter. And, as someone who owns Yoda, this set is just creepy enough to rule alongside him on my repentance shelf.

75980 Attack on the Burrow is an objectively perfect build. It's accurate, clever, highly detailed, and fun. I particularly like the fireplace, self-knitting needles, and the slanting of the upper half. The only issues come with the figures. I've made peace with Bellatrix since we are getting her in the CMF, and Ginny's face honestly isn't that bad, but... Molly. That hairpiece does not look right, and it's just weird that she gets two smiling faces while her home is burnt to the ground. This is still easily my favorite set, though, and probably my favorite retail set out of all the sets from the revival (CMF and D2C not included). Super excited for all of these.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

75967 Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter is a set I was expecting to get purely for the incredible figures, but I was blown away by that wonderful Grawp design, he looks almost perfect! My only issue is some of the prints, the two 1x2s on his vest don't really add anything and the shorts would've looked better had they been done with plain brown tiles, as the printing being only on the front looks a little funky. Still though, the build is great, and this has to be my favorite sub-$100 set of the wave!

If you zoom in you'll notice only Grawp's face is printed :wink:

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

We haven’t even seen Gryffindor yet have we? 

We have the Griffindor dorms in the whomping willow castle section. It’s very surprising that we got Ravenclaw dorms second- as it’s normally only ever Gryffindor and slytherin who get attention- so we are definitely getting all 4 which is very exciting. 

I’m a little stressed at how long the castle stretches out, how are we gonna have room to add yet another section lol, it must eventually wrap around

11 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

75979 Hedwig is a... very interesting kit, but I think it looks good from all angles that aren't the one shown on the front of the box.

Really enjoyed your video on these earlier btw!

Yes I don't know why they chose that angle on the box! Every other angle looks okay, but that one just makes it look weird. It's mainly the head and the fact you can only see one eye at that angle, so it's hard to wrap your head around it, it looks like some strange cyclops head looking at you. At first I was like what on earth is this, then saw other pictures and can visualise how realistic and owl-like it is. If they'd chosen the first photo on S@H (not of the box) where Hedwig's facing slightly more towards you then it'd look better, although then again you can't see the wings well. I don't plan to get it anyway (I like it but I'd rather buy the others!) but I think first impressions will put off a lot of people. The fact that any angle has flaws with the appearance could be a concern when displaying it for people who do buy it though.

Just looked at the blueprints. 35cm is quite the wingspan!!

4 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

We have the Griffindor dorms in the whomping willow castle section. It’s very surprising that we got Ravenclaw dorms second- as it’s normally only ever Gryffindor and slytherin who get attention- so we are definitely getting all 4 which is very exciting. 

I’m a little stressed at how long the castle stretches out, how are we gonna have room to add yet another section lol, it must eventually wrap around

Does the castle look as "amazing", "the interior especially", as it did when you saw it the other day, now you've had a chance to have a more in-depth look?

Edited by sammy_zammy

15 hours ago, deskp said:

for people with digital Hogwarts setup, I'm currently recreating the astronomy tower in stud.io  (to later plan my mods)  if anyone don't wanna make their own message me.  should be finished tomorrow.

screenshot-1588128215.png

Hello, this design looks great! Would it be possible for you to share it, please?

Thanks a lot!

I just looked at the Burrow for another while and I started thinking the inclusion of a brown owl just doesn't make any sense. So I did some digging:

- The gray owl (originally created for Errol) first appeared in 2010 and last in 2011

- The brown owl first appeared in 2010 and last in 2013

This basically means the brown owl has returned to production after a 7 year hiatus. But as the owl that was specifically made for Errol hasn't been reused I highly doubt the designers included this brown owl as Errol as they could've just returned his old version to production. But if this owl isn't Errol and Hedwig is already included it's inclusion wouldn't make any sense based on the movies, most of you will now probably now where I'm heading with this. What I also noticed is the positioning of the owl in questino, we see it in the following 4 places:

1. On the roof

2. On the ground

3. On Ron's hand

4. In Ron's room

The first 2 placements are fairly easy to ignore but the last 2 wouldn't make any sense if this was just a random owl. This means there are only 2 possible answers to the mystery of the Burrow's brown owl:

1. I have completely lost my mind because of the quarantine

2. This owl is supposed to be Pigwidgeon (even though the exact coloring and especially the size isn't right)

I'm going with option 2 and even if some of you guys disagree it's still going to be in my lego-headcanon :tongue: 

Case closed 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The first 2 placements are fairly easy to ignore but the last 2 wouldn't make any sense if this was just a random owl. This means there are only 2 possible answers to the mystery of the Burrow's brown owl:

1. I have completely lost my mind because of the quarantine

2. This owl is supposed to be Pigwidgeon (even though the exact coloring and especially the size isn't right)

I think it might be a bit of both :grin:. This quarantine business is messing with everyone's heads. But I hadn't thought of it being Pigwidgeon so that's my lego headcanon as well.