Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

@sebastian666 I'm sorry but I can't really share any instructions. I just saw what pieces I had (all my Hogwarts modified parts have been made with pieces I already had) and with them I started experimenting and trying to find the right combination, so it's not that good. Here's a closer pic to so you can see that it doesn't make any sense and I just fit the pieces as I could :grin:

20200429_134406_opt.jpg.19b024b3015ba8938a4042bb0a520f56.jpg

Edited by Sakuragi16

21 minutes ago, Sakuragi16 said:

@sebastian666 I'm sorry but I can't really share any instructions. I just saw what pieces I had (all my Hogwarts modified parts have been made with pieces I already had) and with them I started experimenting and trying to find the right combination, so it's not that good. Here's a closer pic to so you can see that it doesn't make any sense and I just fit the pieces as I could :grin:

20200429_134406_opt.jpg.19b024b3015ba8938a4042bb0a520f56.jpg

This is helpful - thanks again!

47 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

@Guyon2002, @Sirius1348, @Sakuragi16 your displays look really great! I love how you’ve each customized the grand staircase tower to include the three iconic little turrets that come off the roof. Could you share instructions and what pieces you each used to achieve that addition? Thanks for sharing!

It's quite simple so this should be enough to build it yourself :wink:

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Which is also a reused torso from the original Jurassic World wave and City

Ahh okay, my bad then, I don’t follow City and Jurassic World that closely so that’s probably why I missed it. Well it seems to work well enough for Harry anyway, so not too bugged by that reuse 

7 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

LOVE the Ravenclaw dorms! This is very exciting as we never see them in the movies- which leads me to believe we will get Slytherin (unless they save it for chamber secrets/dungeon set) and Hufflepuff dorms in the Bell Towers set (the bell towers inspired design of the old battle of Hogwarts set). 

I suspect the next wave will include the Bell towers set AND a Battle of Hogwarts courtyard that will connect to the front of the Clocktower set.

For the CMF I think we’re gonna get-

Ginny (Hopefully in Gryffindor uniform) with Tom riddles Diary

Rita skeeter 

Tonks with purple hair

Crabbe Harry and Goyle Ron (hopefully in Slytherin robes)

I would ease off the predictions Nostradamus, you got a lot of gall coming back here. 

I've avoided modifying my sets in any way because I know that once I start I'll never stop. Plus since these castle sets are still on the market I'm sure I would probably start buying multiples of the castle sets to use for parts instead of buying the other sets from the line. Better for my wallet to avoid it. 

Edited by MaxHeadroom

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

I've avoided modifying my sets in any way because I know that once I start I'll never stop. Plus since these castle sets are still on the market I'm sure I would probably start buying multiples of the castle sets to use for parts instead of buying the other sets from the line. Better for my wallet to avoid it. 

I can relate to this mindset lol

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

I usually avoid that as well but sometime in early 2019 I saw the Great Hall set for like 40% off and I just couldn't resist getting a second one. Then I just broke down the one I already had and build this one. I do avoid building sections of the castle we don't have yet as those may turn up in a future set

I also need to re-organise my WW collection. There‘s two things I‘m struggling with, what would you guys recommend? 

1) It‘s become more and more inevitable, but looks I have to get rid of the 2010/2011 sets (bottom 2 rows in the picture below). Now that DA and the Burrow are getting remade, the decision has been made considerably easier. I‘m still not ready though. Should I finally do it?

2) The AT fits perfectly next to the CT in terms of height. The Burrow on the other hand is far too tall for every row but the top-most one. Putting it left to the D2C Hogwarts is not really an option since that space is reserved for DA. I‘m thinking about moving the Whomping Willow to another row since it‘s the least tall of the Hogwarts expansions. I don‘t like to separate them, but looks like I have to :sadnew: What do you think?

49833404431_e0724d1992.jpg

Cheers! #firstworldproblems

Edited by Lego-Freak

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s become more and more inevitable, but looks I have to get rid of the 2010/2011 sets (bottom 2 rows in the picture below). Now that DA and the Burrow are getting remade, the decision has been made considerably easier. I‘m still not ready though. Should I finally do it? 

No, not if by getting rid you mean sell. Never sell Lego unless you need the money or you're ready to part with them forever. Sounds like you're still undecided, so unless you need the cash don't do it! 

8 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

LOVE the Ravenclaw dorms! This is very exciting as we never see them in the movies- which leads me to believe we will get Slytherin (unless they save it for chamber secrets/dungeon set) and Hufflepuff dorms in the Bell Towers set (the bell towers inspired design of the old battle of Hogwarts set). 

I suspect the next wave will include the Bell towers set AND a Battle of Hogwarts courtyard that will connect to the front of the Clocktower set.

For the CMF I think we’re gonna get-

Ginny (Hopefully in Gryffindor uniform) with Tom riddles Diary

Rita skeeter 

Tonks with purple hair

Crabbe Harry and Goyle Ron (hopefully in Slytherin robes)

We haven’t even seen Gryffindor yet have we? 

2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

No, not if by getting rid you mean sell. Never sell Lego unless you need the money or you're ready to part with them forever. Sounds like you're still undecided, so unless you need the cash don't do it! 

Whoops, I should have phrased that less ambiguously :blush: By „getting rid of“ I meant putting them in cardboard boxes in my storing room, not selling them :laugh: I‘d never sell a used set and I‘m not even willing to part with some unopened sets I have duplicates of

36 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I also need to re-organise my WW collection. There‘s two things I‘m struggling with, what would you guys recommend? 

1) It‘s become more and more inevitable, but looks I have to get rid of the 2010/2011 sets (bottom 2 rows in the picture below). Now that DA and the Burrow are getting remade, the decision has been made considerably easier. I‘m still not ready though. Should I finally do it?

2) The AT fits perfectly next to the CT in terms of height. The Burrow on the other hand is far too tall for every row but the top-most one. Putting it left to the D2C Hogwarts is not really an option since that space is reserved for DA. I‘m thinking about moving the Whomping Willow to another row since it‘s the least tall of the Hogwarts expansions. I don‘t like to separate them, but looks like I have to :sadnew: What do you think?

*amazing photo*

Cheers! #firstworldproblems

First, I am completely in love with your display! Wow! If you had any further photos I would love to see them. :laugh:

1. Do you mean sell? Absolutely not, they're a part of history of your collection! If you mean put away, then maybe if you're struggling for space. Depends if you like having a time-capsule/history display, or if you want it all to be consistent.

2. Could Whomping Willow go in the back of one of the shelves with the GH, CT and AT? It could provide some depth as though the castle continues further back.

Edited by sammy_zammy

It's really inspiring to see your MOCs!! To build that kind of MOC of Hogwarts, have someone buyed the D2C Hogwarts castle to using pieces?

It's something like these I want to do when I've more of the sections and pieces. Like a Hogwarts in minifig scale.

17 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I encourage everyone to check out Marcos Bessa’s latest Instagram post about the set reveals.

Thanks for the tip, always interesting to get some insight from the designers, like this:
"over the years we have loosen up the tie-in to specific movies... we pick iconic moments/locations over anything else. The whomping willow set with the car was supposed to be retired by now... but the sets remain so popular that we haven’t taken it out of the market yet. So now we end up with two cars at the same time... oh well... first world problems!"

17 hours ago, UKFan922 said:

Regarding animals, we need Fang, The Grim, Mrs. Norris and McGonagall as a cat. I wonder if we could a new mould for at least Fang.

Definitely! The animals at least the ones that need a new mould we have to hope for the CMF I think :sceptic:

What new moulds did we get with the sets?

• Otter
  • Hare
  • Centaur
  • Flying owl
  • ?

They are definitely using the new mould budget on animals and that makes me happy (just wish they could include more of the ones we already got like more owls) :wink:

Thanks for the tip about Bessa's Instagram! He's a brilliant designer, so I'm very much looking forward at building the sets!

kingnono's latest hint - apparently there's a hint in 75980 the Burrow

Someone suggested it's the fireplace hinting at DA?

Edited by sammy_zammy

37 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

First, I am completely in love with your display! Wow! If you had any further photos I would love to see them. :laugh:

Thanks :classic: I have a ton of pictures of my collection on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/darthguy/page3

(I need to take some updated ones though, lots of changes have happened recently in order to make space for the upcoming Mario sets, that was a doozy!)

45 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

1. Do you mean sell? Absolutely not, they're a part of history of your collection! If you mean put away, then maybe if you're struggling for space. Depends if you like having a time-capsule/history display, or if you want it all to be consistent.

2. Could Whomping Willow go in the back of one of the shelves with the GH, CT and AT? It could provide some depth as though the castle continues further back.

1. Could’ve been phrased that better, I meant putting into storage rather than selling :grin:

2. Good idea, need to try that! Hopefully the display cabinet’s deep enough for that :thumbup:

59 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Whoops, I should have phrased that less ambiguously :blush: By „getting rid of“ I meant putting them in cardboard boxes in my storing room, not selling them :laugh: I‘d never sell a used set and I‘m not even willing to part with some unopened sets I have duplicates of

Thank goodness! Yeah, I'd say box em up, especially the Burrow. I think mine will look quite tired when put next to my lovely new one, so I'll be breaking mine down. Then maybe wait and see with the DA what's included before you make a decision. 

8 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Could be the family portrait in Egypt - in PoA it is revealed in the Leaky Cauldron. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's quite simple so this should be enough to build it yourself :wink:

Thanks again for this :classic: Built my own variant based off this in Stud.io and ordered the parts for it now.

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks :classic: I have a ton of pictures of my collection on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/darthguy/page3

(I need to take some updated ones though, lots of changes have happened recently in order to make space for the upcoming Mario sets, that was a doozy!)

1. Could’ve been phrased that better, I meant putting into storage rather than selling :grin:

2. Good idea, need to try that! Hopefully the display cabinet’s deep enough for that :thumbup:

Flipping heck, I wasn't expecting that. That's an amazing collection, my jaw dropped. It's kind of inspirational though - while I don't expect I'll ever have quite so much as you, especially able to be on display simultaneously, I see several sets that I have and love which is so nice to see. I love how you've set up some little scenes in some displays too. It's also nice seeing some of the older photos of your collection too. Also had a look at your animal photography - some of these are stunning!

I won't say too much off-topic though, don't want us all to get told off again :tongue:

2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Could be the family portrait in Egypt - in PoA it is revealed in the Leaky Cauldron. 

Ah it definitely could be!

Edited by sammy_zammy

18 hours ago, UKFan922 said:

Regarding animals, we need Fang, The Grim, Mrs. Norris and McGonagall as a cat. I wonder if we could a new mould for at least Fang. 

Really would like Fang to be made. It's kind of mad he never had one even in the pre-2018 sets. I ended up buying a black dog from Belville to represent him next to the Hagrids Hut set.

32 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

kingnono says it is "another one for something special in Diagon Alley" :shrug_oh_well:

15 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Flipping heck, I wasn't expecting that. That's an amazing collection, my jaw dropped. It's kind of inspirational though - while I don't expect I'll ever have quite so much as you, especially able to be on display simultaneously, I see several sets that I have and love which is so nice to see. I love how you've set up some little scenes in some displays too. It's also nice seeing some of the older photos of your collection too. Also had a look at your animal photography - some of these are stunning!

I won't say too much off-topic though, don't want us all to get told off again :tongue:

Thanks! :thumbup: I also never thought I’d ever have a collection like that. When I used to live with my parents until two years ago, I didn’t have nearly the space to display my whole collection simultaneously.

What pushed me over the edge to finally look for a flat of my own was the impending release of the 2018 WW sets, which I wouldn’t have had any space for any more :laugh: And that was easily one of my best decisions, I have to say. Not being able to display the amazing HP sets the reboot has brought us would’ve been simply devastating. The only thing I could’ve done was replacing the LOTR/The Hobbit sets, which would’ve been equally heart-breaking.

More important than the amount of sets you have is the amount of love you put into your passion :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak