Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes confirmed :tongue:

This could indeed be a hint towards it...Lego starts to imitate kingnono and gives us very vague hints :laugh_hard:

25 minutes ago, Ferder said:

Behind the Great Hall. But I would swap the positions of the Dumbledore Office Tower and the Yule Ball Section, so the Yule Ball piece is closer to the Great Hall, and the Clock Tower isn't directly touching the Great Hall.

Ah, cool idea. Even more fitting since the Ball took place in the Great Hall. Now I’m jumping between the two pictures to get a full picture. :grin:

45 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Personally I've got my Hogwarts sections just placed next to and behind each other in my display, since I don't have much space and that way they can be nearer together than if they were attached. I'm not going for any screen accuracy - Hogwarts is magical, they're LEGO, and they just look nice bunched up together!

I will definitely be taking a similar approach to you - I have no desire to be screen accurate when the sets themselves aren’t screen accurate, and I’d rather have a full, deep Hogwarts than a long wall of Hogwarts.

25 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Nope it's been around since I think Pirates of the Caribbean, but not used very frequently.

Oh yes thanks, I see it now. Still a pretty nice piece.

I still keep noticing new details in the burrow. Ginny's bed has also a sticker. Sadly it doesn't look like Tonks has the pig nose as an alternate face.

Also what torso is burrow Harry wearing? In some pictures the shirt is brownish and in others it's red.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Also what torso is burrow Harry wearing? In some pictures the shirt is brownish and in others it's red.

I know it from 76129 Hydro-Man Attack. 

7 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I know it from 76129 Hydro-Man Attack. 

Oh my god you’re totally right, Harry’s casual torso in these sets is just a reused MJ torso from that Far From Home set. I’m pretty sure this is the first time it’s been mentioned on this forum but maybe I’m just not remembering

Anyone else annoyed that we still haven't gotten a new print for a Marauder’s Map yet?

I'm thinking of they do they could have a 2x2 tile, with a 1x4 underneath that have two 1x1 tiles on top to look like the map is unfolded.

For my Hogwarts layout I think I’m going to display it Great Hall > Whomping Willow > Clocktower > Room Of Requirements > Astronomy Tower. May not be the most screen accurate but I like the big chunks of the castle being separated by the smaller one, I never liked connecting say the Great Hall right next to the Clocktower

I thought it'd be interesting to go through and count new Minifig prints vs reused Minifig prints. Here are my findings but I probably got a few wrong as there are too many prints out there for me to keep track of!

RoRNew: 6 prints (All 4 torso, Luna & Dummy heads). Reused: 2 heads (Hermione & Harry)

FFNew: 6 prints (3 torsos - Centaur, Umbridge, Hermione, 2 heads - Umbridge & Centaur, 1 legs - Umbridge). Reused: 3 prints (Hermione & Harry heads, Harry torso)

4PDNew: 5 prints (3 Dursley heads, 2 Dursley torsos). Reused: Technically 7 (4 torsos - Dobby, Harry, Ron, Vernon, 2 heads - Harry & Ron, 1 legs Dobby), but of those all are for their intended characters and ages besides 1 torso, Vernon.

AT: New: 11 prints (All 8 torsos, 1 head - Neville not counting Luna in either new or reused since counted in RoR, 2 legs - Hermione & Luna). Reused: Technically 8 (6 heads - everyone but Luna and Neville, 2 legs - Harry & Draco), but Slughorn's head was created for that character in this film, so subjectively I'd bring it down to 7.

BurrowNew: 9 prints (3? heads - Fenrir, Arthur, Tonks?, 6 torsos - Bellatrix, Fenrir, Tonks, Arthur, Molly, Ginny). Reused: 8 prints (5 heads, 2 torsos, 1 legs)

HedwigNew: 1 print (torso). Reused: 1 print (head), but subjectively I'd say 0 since it was created for that film/age.

Totals: New: 38. Reused Real: 29 Reused Subjective: 21

for people with digital Hogwarts setup, I'm currently recreating the astronomy tower in stud.io  (to later plan my mods)  if anyone don't wanna make their own message me.  should be finished tomorrow.

screenshot-1588128215.png

3 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

Hedwig is way to angular and should have been build with some rounder shapes. Especially the head is very angular in the form. I was trying to find if some angles is good looking but only found a few angles it's not looking that terrible, before I wright my post and my opinion is still there. It's in a estetic way it failed. In a technical way Hedwig maybe not failed but in a estetic way she did. I'm not a fan of SW but Yoda looked better and have the rounded shapes what i hoped Hedwig will get. And why leave that many visible studs..

The centatures is amazing and I think the tree building was clever. The figures is good to. But my eyes are bleeding when I looking on Graup. This time i'm glad that is stickers and I can use the pieces for something else. Even if I hoped to get a better looking troll (like the old set, but better) with him included i'm still happy of this set because we will get the amazing centatures. Probably I will buy multiples of this set to get some of them.

Just as a friendly heads up, I believe the word you're after is "aesthetic".

1 hour ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Oh my god you’re totally right, Harry’s casual torso in these sets is just a reused MJ torso from that Far From Home set. I’m pretty sure this is the first time it’s been mentioned on this forum but maybe I’m just not remembering

I noticed that right off the bat. It goes back at least to Jurassic World's first wave, and has been used in some City stuff, but the colors are at least accurate enough to the scene (although he had his jacket halfway zipped, if I remember correctly).

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

For my Hogwarts layout I think I’m going to display it Great Hall > Whomping Willow > Clocktower > Room Of Requirements > Astronomy Tower. May not be the most screen accurate but I like the big chunks of the castle being separated by the smaller one, I never liked connecting say the Great Hall right next to the Clocktower

I don’t think either side of the RoR will look too good as an outside wall, but I do like the smaller sections as dividers. What about using one of the rooms from WW instead? 

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

I thought it'd be interesting to go through and count new Minifig prints vs reused Minifig prints. Here are my findings but I probably got a few wrong as there are too many prints out there for me to keep track of!

RoRNew: 6 prints (All 4 torso, Luna & Dummy heads). Reused: 2 heads (Hermione & Harry)

FFNew: 6 prints (3 torsos - Centaur, Umbridge, Hermione, 2 heads - Umbridge & Centaur, 1 legs - Umbridge). Reused: 3 prints (Hermione & Harry heads, Harry torso)

4PDNew: 5 prints (3 Dursley heads, 2 Dursley torsos). Reused: Technically 7 (4 torsos - Dobby, Harry, Ron, Vernon, 2 heads - Harry & Ron, 1 legs Dobby), but of those all are for their intended characters and ages besides 1 torso, Vernon.

AT: New: 11 prints (All 8 torsos, 1 head - Neville not counting Luna in either new or reused since counted in RoR, 2 legs - Hermione & Luna). Reused: Technically 8 (6 heads - everyone but Luna and Neville, 2 legs - Harry & Draco), but Slughorn's head was created for that character in this film, so subjectively I'd bring it down to 7.

BurrowNew: 9 prints (3? heads - Fenrir, Arthur, Tonks?, 6 torsos - Bellatrix, Fenrir, Tonks, Arthur, Molly, Ginny). Reused: 8 prints (5 heads, 2 torsos, 1 legs)

HedwigNew: 1 print (torso). Reused: 1 print (head), but subjectively I'd say 0 since it was created for that film/age.

Totals: New: 38. Reused Real: 29 Reused Subjective: 21

Looking at Hermione with the Time Turner, I think the head in the RoR is new. Her smile has a different line in the RoR than it does from the Hut. Not 100% sure though. 

Edited by Vindicare

2 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Which is also a reused torso from the original Jurassic World wave and City

LOVE the Ravenclaw dorms! This is very exciting as we never see them in the movies- which leads me to believe we will get Slytherin (unless they save it for chamber secrets/dungeon set) and Hufflepuff dorms in the Bell Towers set (the bell towers inspired design of the old battle of Hogwarts set). 

I suspect the next wave will include the Bell towers set AND a Battle of Hogwarts courtyard that will connect to the front of the Clocktower set.

For the CMF I think we’re gonna get-

Ginny (Hopefully in Gryffindor uniform) with Tom riddles Diary

Rita skeeter 

Tonks with purple hair

Crabbe Harry and Goyle Ron (hopefully in Slytherin robes)

Edited by LordVoldemort

I just went on Lego.com and in australia, it says that the burrow costs $150 and the AT costs $170. I heard that in america they both cost $100. Does anyone know why the AT is more expensive even tho it has less pieces than the burrow.

Hey everyone! I don't post a lot but I'm always reading (I'm sure some of you remember me from a little while back) & I figured now was the best time to actually physically voice my opinions since we are all celebrating finally getting the set pics!!! wow that was painful for a little while there lol. here are my thoughts:

1. I'm disappointed that (so far) the token vehicle for this wave is a repeat (the Weasley flying car), the updated build looks good though

2. Privet Drive looks really solid on the exterior but the lack of exclusivity among mini figures and pieces (Dobby looks a bit scary and the Dursleys reuse a good amount of pieces and don't look that special to me) make it a pass for me. the living room build also looks a bit clunky imo

3. The Burrow (build) looks great. I thought it would be difficult for them to improve upon the last one but they did it. i really want to have the new Bellatrix & Fenrir, along with exclusive pieces that come with the set. however the price point is a bit too high for me to buy it at least before it goes on sale. glad we finally got Ginny! It took them long enough. however Molly's figure, as well as Bellatrix's face look really odd to me. Also I feel that not much effort was put into Tonks' figure, at least at first glance, which is disappointing.

4. this leads me to my next point. figures overall this wave and last wave have been pretty weak in my opinion, with a few notable exceptions. Bellatrix, Lavender, Tonks, the Dursleys, and Draco (the fact that he's not wearing his black suit) were notable disappointments. Even Umbridge looks a little weak to me. Harry's face (from the first wave to now) looks like it has lost a lot of the detail and personality and I don't understand why. I feel like they should focus on minifigures' accuracy first before adding in so many exclusive printed pieces, maybe that's just me.

5. final thoughts: Grawp looks pretty good imo considering the film source material they were dealing with. ROR was also a pleasant surprise. This may have already been talked about (I apologize I have like 80 pages of this thread to catch up on) but I am wondering how it would look attached to the other Hogwarts sets? pleasantly surprised by Ravenclaw common room as well. Overall I'd say this was a very solid wave. I would say years 1-2 (&3) sets > 5-6 (&2) > 3-4 from what we've seen so far. the effort and minifigs in that first revival of the theme are incomparable to anything we've seen since imo

I've been collecting the Hogwarts releases for my son for when he "comes of age". He is 6 years old and a big LEGO fan. His mother is a big Harry Potter fan, and has introduced him to the first two books (more, and exposure to the movies, as he gets older).

I only just now noticed that none of the sets have the characteristic tower with the "bits" coming off the side (I've done a bit of research and learned that this is Dumbledore's office). I had, naively assumed this was the astronomy tower, so was a little disappointed with the reveal.

Is it likely we will see the Headmaster's tower in a subsequent release? Or does the tower in the Great Hall stand in for it, making a more specific release unlikely.

Please pardon my Potter ignorance.

Burrow, ROR and Grawp sets will all be pre-orders for me. Hedwig is an easy pass. Gonna wait for a discount on the Privet Drive and AT. 

My excitement for each set:

1. For the Grawp set, I want to place the trees from the Aragog set and Expecto Patronum to compare them all.

2. I super appreciate the two thin pillars holding up a top heavy two stories! I spent the past 45 minutes comparing Burrow stills from COS, HBP and DH Part 1.

3. THE GREENHOUSE. Maybe it is the Hufflepuff in me but I loved the greenhouse back in 2007...so this is a treat. Dang, if I got two Astronomy Towers, I could add height and have two greenhouses!

4. I am excited for the sliding wall for the Room of Requirement! Do I also see blue clear pieces to place on the wands to represent the wisps that conjure when they start out performing the Patronus?

5. Blah, it seems like Harry and Ron still will not be able to sit side by side in this build.

27 minutes ago, 0tter said:

Is it likely we will see the Headmaster's tower in a subsequent release? Or does the tower in the Great Hall stand in for it, making a more specific release unlikely.

Yeah the one in the Great Hall is supposed to be that tower. Ofcourse not very accurate but oh well, you're gonna have to do some building of your own to make it more accurate. I think the only hope for getting the tower again is would they ever remake the great Hall.

45 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

[...] and the Dursleys reuse a good amount of pieces [...]

I disagree. Collectively, the Dursleys have three new face prints, two hairpieces in new colours and two new torsos. The only reused parts there are Dudley‘s hairpiece, Vernon‘s torso and all of the leg pieces

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Personally I've got my Hogwarts sections just placed next to and behind each other in my display, since I don't have much space and that way they can be nearer together than if they were attached. I'm not going for any screen accuracy - Hogwarts is magical, they're LEGO, and they just look nice bunched up together!

I want to be more accurate to the actually Hogwarts and going to use the sections and the D2C Hogwarts castle to build a version in minifig scale and trying to not compromised to much but not making it to huge either.. The Astronomy Tower has fantastic exterior that i'm not going to modify so much but the interior isn't impresse me (not the other sections either) but it's inspire me. I'm going to make larger rooms to make some scenes. It's the charm with lego, that you can do it in your way :)

4 hours ago, Albus said:

Just as a friendly heads up, I believe the word you're after is "aesthetic".

Thanks! I will try to remember this.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah the one in the Great Hall is supposed to be that tower. Ofcourse not very accurate but oh well, you're gonna have to do some building of your own to make it more accurate. I think the only hope for getting the tower again is would they ever remake the great Hall.

Okay, thanks for that.

Seems like a bit of an oversight. Oh well. That will be a little challenge for him to remedy it. :D

3 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

I just went on Lego.com and in australia, it says that the burrow costs $150 and the AT costs $170. I heard that in america they both cost $100. Does anyone know why the AT is more expensive even tho it has less pieces than the burrow.

Not just in Australia. The Astronomy Tower is 10 euro more expensive than the Burrow over here

1 hour ago, joeee said:

Do I also see blue clear pieces to place on the wands to represent the wisps that conjure when they start out performing the Patronus?

That's just an effect they put on the boxart, you can see pretty clearly this is not in the set itself :wink: