Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

You mean in dark tan? That one on the front is a 1x2 but it is built into the side wall. I'm not seeing anything else that could be a 1x1

They are 1x1 ones, 1x2 don’t have the groove on the side

Anyone else trying to figure out how the castle pieces fit together notice that the tower side of the astronomy tower has connections for two different directions?

Here is some speculation on the layout based on where the Hogwarts map puts things in relation to eachother;

https://m.imgur.com/a/hnrbl2I

It dose interest me how the ROR will fit to the rest of the castle, I mean the exterior of the ROR should be facing the interior of the rest of the castle but having the interior of the ROM on the exterior of the rest of Hogwarts would just look weird.  I hope that makes sense.:laugh:

Just now, RandomSniper109 said:

They are 1x1 ones, 1x2 don’t have the groove on the side

I was wrong, the pictures just made it look 1x1 they are 1x2 :(

16 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

You mean in dark tan? That one on the front is a 1x2 but it is built into the side wall. I'm not seeing anything else that could be a 1x1

Look at the back of the box on the left side near the roof, pretty sure that's a 1x1

EDIT: before more people start pointing it out: yes, it's a 1x2

Screenshot_36.png

Edited by Guyon2002

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Look at the back of the box on the left side near the roof, pretty sure that's a 1x1

No it's just the angle of the render. Look for the plates. It's definitely 2x1

did anyone work out which face Tonks uses?  i thought it was wonder womans new face but it is not!

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

No it's just the angle of the render. Look for the plates. It's definitely 2x1

Still kinda looks like a 1x1 to me but it isn't that greatly rendered so I'll just take your word for it

I'm really digging this wave, overall. Here are my thoughts (in order of set number):

Room of Requirement: This a great $20 set. I really like all the exclusive figures, the blackboard sticker is solid, and the facade is neat and can easily fit in with my Hogwarts display. Easy instant purchase for me.

Forbidden Forest: I'm not a big fan of this set, primarily because this is a scene in OotP I don't care much for. The Grawp build is interesting. The 
"mega fig" works well for him. The Centaurs are the best figures in the set. I think I prefer the Bricktober Umbridge. I'll still probably get this set, just not immediately.

Privet Drive: I really like the build of the house. The texture of the roof is really good looking, and I like the overall color scheme. The Dursley minifigures are really good. I felt like something was lacking in the house, and I realized there is no garage. I like the set, but I'm going to wait on getting it.

Hogwarts Astronomy Tower: I really like the overall shape and build. The sand green elements on the roof Make it pop, and it feels reminiscent of the older Hogwarts sets. The minifigures aren't the greatest (I'm in the camp of preferring more Hogwarts uniforms. I do really like Neville though. The reused head for Draco isn't great, and Lavender Brown is very weak. The white door frames are bizarre and off-putting. I like the Ravenclaw dorm and astronomy balcony(?). The greenhouse is kind of nice, too. I'm looking forward to adding this to my Hogwarts display.

Hedwig: I'm not the biggest fan. It looks a little too mechanical, but I think it could grow on me.

The Burrow: This is the best set of the wave, and one of the best of the theme overall (it's up there with the Hogwarts Express for me). This is a major improvement and upgrade from the 2010 set and I really liked that one when it came out. The design team absolutely killed it with this and it is instantly recognizable. There are so many great details that I can't wait to inspect and scrutinize close up. The minifigures are pretty good. I really like Arthur and Molly (I think the hairpiece works just fine). I like Tonks, it's really nice to finally get her. Bellatrix is kind of a downgrade (I'll probably replace her face with the 2010 version's). I think Fenrir was fine from the leaks. Ginny was looks good and I'm not miffed by the reuse of the Jurassic World lady's face. This set looks to be 100% worth the $100. I love it.

Look at other pictures, it's not 1x1. It's a 2x1 brick piece under a 3x1 slope piece.

Still kinda looks like a 1x1 to me but it isn't that greatly rendered so I'll just take your word for it

yeah everything at an angel in these renders looks really squashed, unnatural perspective.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Look at other pictures, it's not 1x1. It's a 2x1 brick piece under a 3x1 slope piece.

Yeah it's a 1x2, the angle is just really weird

@DarkLordSauron I appreciate your opinion and viewpoint, but for me this wave is the best yet. I do agree that the Great Hall will likely always remain the best set of the entire re-boot, but last year's wave was rather disappointing for me. This wave seems to add so many details that just make it seem so charming. I love getting the variants of some of my favourite characters, knowing we'll be getting characters like Myrtle and Sprout in the CMF (and that they'll be far better there, given the extra budget). For me, Snape is so similar between his different iterations that one is enough. And we've already got sooo many Dumbledores. I can't see how anyone can compare the 2010 Hogwarts to this. It was awful. 

There is a tan 1x1 plate next to 1x4 dark tan plate directly above or below the masonry bricks which you think are new 1x1s. Count the studs on the plates in connection with the bricks. These are 1x2 masonry bricks 100%

Edited by Metanoios91

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Screenshot_36.png

Can't be a 1x1. Look at the tan 1x1 plate between the two lower down bricks you're talking about. If those are 1x1 bricks, that tan plate would have to be 1/2x1, which obviously isn't possible. I can highlight where I'm talking about if you need, but I think you'll see it from this description.

Edit: Typo on 1x1 plate. Originally said 1x2.

Edited by autolycus

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

There is a tan 1x1 plate next to 1x4 dark tan plate directly above or below the masonry bricks which you think are new 1x1s. Count the studs on the plates in connection with the bricks. These are 1x2 masonry bricks 100%

I know it's a 1x2, already figured it out and said it in a previous post :wink:

2 hours ago, deskp said:

most likely, but in the description it does say something like     other sets limited availability

Oh yeah, hmm

Poor old Harry won't even fit in his bed in Private Drive by the looks of it. Unless it's another weird angle. And he won't have a bed at Ron's house.

It's weird how Luna in the CMF had medium legs when she's from HBP, but here they're long. I guess she and Cho are going to be dorm buddies! Although that reminds me, Hermione doesn't have a bed.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

It's weird how Luna in the CMF had medium legs when she's from HBP, but here they're long. I guess she and Cho are going to be dorm buddies! Although that reminds me, Hermione doesn't have a bed.

Pretty sure CMF Luna is from OotP

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Poor old Harry won't even fit in his bed in Private Drive by the looks of it. Unless it's another weird angle. And he won't have a bed at Ron's house.

It's another weird angle. The bed is 4x6 large, meaning it's bigger than the dorm room beds

nah both cmf Luna are from HBP

Cant find a previous soruce for that Tonks face, guess its new. strange they made a new face for her thats so similar to the new wonder woman face.

the dark red lipstick doesent work much for other versions of her.  would have preferred a new face for Ginny.

Edited by deskp

Nope. The CMF series 1 Luna is wearing her outfit from the Hogwarts Express at the beginning of HBP. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Nope. The CMF series 1 Luna is wearing her outfit from the Hogwarts Express at the beginning of HBP. 

My mind really is all over the place today :look: Thanks for the correction though

2 hours ago, Do1633 said:

How long will this wave stay on shelves? Harry Potter is starting to get pricey.

Most if not all of these will be here until at least this time in 2022. Even the 2018 ones show no signs of slowing down or retiring yet - only the FB sets and Aragog's Lair have retired. There will likely be another wave next year though so if you want to get those as well, you can think of having 1 year to spread these purchases out. Of course, there's also potentially another set or two releasing later on this year, and also Diagon Alley (which will maybe be around even longer). By the way, this wave is no more expensive than 2018. So I wouldn't panic :)

I've lost the list of all the known and rumoured CMF, but I feel like now I'm definitely hoping Tonks is in the CMF since they skipped out on pink or purple hair in the Burrow.