Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

I don't think Fudge could be included, he is 3 seconds in the scene and he is on his pajamas :/

I guess it could go either way considering how little he is in it but he is 'the' minister of magic during this part of the series so I'd like if he was included in a MoM set.

And if they had him in his regular costume along with Percy, you'd also have the figures needed to recreate Dumbledore's escape scene from earlier in the movie.

Edited by Zepthire

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Given he dies in there I doubt they'll put Sirius in that set

How could I forgot that? Well as long as they did not include Bellatrix :/

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Given he dies in there I doubt they'll put Sirius in that set

Is there really a stigma against putting characters in a set that depicts their location of death? This is definitely not the case for villains (Palpy*, Maul*, Boba Fett, Jabba, Barbossa*, all the antagonists of The Lone Ranger, Saruman, Goblin King, Azog, Eli Mills, Ken Wheatley, Yellowjacket, Proxima Midnight, Quirrell, etc). 

Good guys on the other hand... Can‘t think of as many examples, but there definitely are a few (Haldir, 2011!Lupin, Vision*, Star-Lord*, Shuri*, John Arnold, Yoda, Luke, all of the Jedi that try to arrest the Senate).

* temporary or fake-out deaths

I think a lot of people are hung up on Cedric‘s exclusion from the Graveyard set. I think the minifig limit of that set and the fact that this exact version of Cedric was in the first CMF series serve as far better explanations IMO :wink:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Is there really a stigma against putting characters in a set that depicts their location of death? This is definitely not the case for villains (Palpy*, Maul*, Boba Fett, Jabba, Barbossa*, all the antagonists of The Lone Ranger, Saruman, Goblin King, Azog, Eli Mills, Ken Wheatley, Yellowjacket, Proxima Midnight, Quirrell, etc). 

Good guys on the other hand... Can‘t think of as many examples, but there definitely are a few (Haldir, 2011!Lupin, Vision*, Star-Lord*, Shuri*, John Arnold, Yoda, Luke, all of the Jedi that try to arrest the Senate).

* temporary or fake-out deaths

I think a lot of people are hung up on Cedric‘s exclusion from the Graveyard set. I think the minifig limit of that set and the fact that this exact version of Cedric was in the first CMF series serve as far better explanations IMO :wink:

Yeah but with shuri vision and star lord it wasn't known they are going to die when lego designed the sets. 

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

all of the Jedi that try to arrest the Senate).

:roflmao:

Okay, so here is the order in which I hope to buy the sets:

WOULD LIKE TO PRE-ORDER:
1. Attack on The Burrow 
2. Hogwarts Astronomy Tower 
3. Diagon Alley (if it is available for preorder)

NOT SURE YET
4. Privet Drive

WAIT FOR A SALE
5. Forbidden Forest 
6. Room of Requirement
7. [Ministry Battle/"I may have been wrong about the Chamber of Secrets"]

MAY PASS ON
8. Buildable Hedwig

By the way, is anyone actually excited about the Buildable Hedwig set?  If you are, that's great, I just suspect it will hit clearance way sooner than the others.  At least it's well-priced, unlike, say,
D-O from Star Wars.

Edited by RogueTwo

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m confused. Is Diagon Alley not the $400 set now? These set numbers have been crazy since the beginning

Yes Diagon Alley is still a 400€ set, it just has a different set number (presumably 71045).

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m confused. Is Diagon Alley not the $400 set now? These set numbers have been crazy since the beginning

Diagon Alley is definitely the $400 set.  Some numbers seem to have been changed either due to incorrect leaking or, more likely, shuffling and reassigning of numbers as other themes have been cancelled and/or delayed.  :wink:

EDIT: THELEGOBATMAN beat me to it.

Edited by RogueTwo

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yes Diagon Alley is still a 400€ set, it just has a different set number (presumably 71045).

That’s what I thought but a lot of people are saying that the $400 set is attached to 75978 in the store systems

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

SETS ARE LIVE CHECK BRICKSET

75980_box1_202004281257.jpg

OH MY GOD 

I have only seen the Burrow right now. Masterpiece 10/10 I love it so much 

These are amazing but I’m just going to say it: WAY too many reused inaccurate torsos and hairpieces. Molly's hairpiece is terrible, they 100% should have used the Hermione hairpiece. Harry and Ron use reused torsos from older sets hag don’t match the right scenes in these. That bothers me.

that being said, the sets themselves look incredible, and Grawp looks so good!!!!

Blimey, the builds look stunning! Burrow, AT and Privet Dr. look perfect. I'm not sure about Grawp and I'm a bit disappointed by Molly and Tonks... The RoR is also great.

Just now, kirkwoodproductions said:

All looks so good (except Mrs Weasley. What is that hair?!?). Knew they'd reuse Claire's face for Ginny - i've been doing the same thing for my custom fig so at least I've got consistency :laugh:

It's from Qi'ra (Solo a Star Wars Story)

Okay, having calmed down JUST ENOUGH TO COMMENT, I can objectively say that I hate Grawp and the buildable Hedwig.  Then again, I hated Grawp in the movie and the book, so...

Privet Drive is also a disappointment.  I may have to wait for a sale.  :sad:

Room of Requirement, Burrow, and Astronomy Tower are among the best Harry Potter sets ever made, IMO.