Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

The build of the Astronomy Tower still has me baffled. I just can’t picture how they are going to really differentiate it from the Clocktower. I’m imagining a more slender tower with a mostly open third floor with the giant astronomical spheres, a little winding staircase down to the second floor with the Ravenclaw rooms and Slughorn’s office, and a mostly empty first floor foyer that connects to the greenhouse sidebuild.

If this is a $100 set, it sounds like they are trying to do too much if they are combining a greenhouse with it.  I agree it is going to have to be really slender in order to make it appear taller than what we have so far.  Its best details are of course at the top.  It does look different enough to distinguish it from the clock tower, but I fear that having to get it high enough, include a greenhouse, and put in a lot of minifigs is going to force the designers to dumb it down somewhere.  I hope I am wrong.    

Just now, AFOLguy1970 said:

If this is a $100 set, it sounds like they are trying to do too much if they are combining a greenhouse with it.  I agree it is going to have to be really slender in order to make it appear taller than what we have so far.  Its best details are of course at the top.  It does look different enough to distinguish it from the clock tower, but I fear that having to get it high enough, include a greenhouse, and put in a lot of minifigs is going to force the designers to dumb it down somewhere.  I hope I am wrong.    

I don't think they can make it really slender, I think the Astronomy Tower is going to be very top heavy

I’m guessing hey have something special planned in particular for the Harry Potter set reveals. They may not have even given images to retailers yet idk. It’s odd that all these sites have all the pictures except HP, the only reason I can think of is that Lego didn’t give those out. They must have something different planned with it, as arguably the most popular theme right now

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think they can make it really slender, I think the Astronomy Tower is going to be very top heavy

I hope it’s thinner than the Clocktower (which should have been wider anyway if you ask me). And even if it’s only an inch or two taller, that would be good enough for me. I know Lego proportions can’t be spot on so even just acknowledging that it’s the tallest tower by making it ever so slightly taller would work for me

Like many others, I'm excited for Diagon Alley. But I'm gonna be sad that it'll be a long while before I can get it due to the price, luckily it'll no doubt be around for a while and go on sale at other retailers on occasion. I was excited to start wth to buy it ASAP but I think I'll focus on smaller sets from 2018/29's HP and other sets like Chinese New Year, Treehouse and Barracuda Bay first, which ultimately cost more in total but don't require such a huge amount of money all at once.

10 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I don't think the greenhouse makes it too much, so that they wouldn't do the AT justice. Remember the Clock Tower was very wide and had a separate part to the side. Meanwhile the AT can be a bit thinner (not too thin though) and also be made of some large pieces too. As Guyon said I expect it'll be quite top-heavy.

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

7 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Like many others, I'm excited for Diagon Alley. But I'm gonna be sad that it'll be a long while before I can get it due to the price, luckily it'll no doubt be around for a while and go on sale at other retailers on occasion. I was excited to start wth to buy it ASAP but I think I'll focus on smaller sets from 2018/29's HP and other sets like Chinese New Year, Treehouse and Barracuda Bay first, which ultimately cost more in total but don't require such a huge amount of money all at once.

I don't think the greenhouse makes it too much, so that they wouldn't do the AT justice. Remember the Clock Tower was very wide and had a separate part to the side. Meanwhile the AT can be a bit thinner (not too thin though) and also be made of some large pieces too. As Guyon said I expect it'll be quite top-heavy.

I think there will be some building added to the Astronomy Tower, since it includes a greenhouse maybe there is a small section of some sort next to it the same way the clock tower comes with those 2 different sections

Just now, AdriWho said:

I think there will be some building added to the Astronomy Tower, since it includes a greenhouse maybe there is a small section of some sort next to it the same way the clock tower comes with those 2 different sections

Could be but I think we would've heard something about more interior scenes if that were the case. So far we only know about the Ravenclaw Commonroom and Slughorn's Office, if the AT has 3 floors like the CT that would fit (bottom floor being empty once again). Unless it's just a plain wall for added stability

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could be but I think we would've heard something about more interior scenes if that were the case. So far we only know about the Ravenclaw Commonroom and Slughorn's Office, if the AT has 3 floors like the CT that would fit (bottom floor being empty once again). Unless it's just a plain wall for added stability

I'm sort of of the opinion that we don't need much more wall. Otherwise much of the exterior is just gonna turn into a very long, very bland wall. But obviously it'd be different for someone without all the castle sets (or planning to in my case).

3 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I'm sort of of the opinion that we don't need much more wall. Otherwise much of the exterior is just gonna turn into a very long, very bland wall. But obviously it'd be different for someone without all the castle sets (or planning to in my case).

I don't think we need more walls either, but if it's necessary for stability there's no way around that. We'll see :shrug_oh_well:

I was just thinking, and the burrow could have a floo powder chimney with the new green flames, and so could borgin and burkes, to recreate the chamber of secrets scene, and have the fire places so they can spin and hide the figure with green flames like the transformation in the shrieking shack set

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It was just a just a thought, since the base of the AT presents a courtyard maybe they could add some scenery. Just like a project submitted in LEGO Ideas: 

https://ideascdn.lego.com/media/generate/lego_ci/2e839d84-78ae-4482-8eec-fb492c428f6e/resize:800:450

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Astronomy Tower is really exciting for me because I just love it's architectural design and I can't wait to look at my Hogwarts with that tower in it. The minifigures aren't the most exciting but they'll be a valuable addition to my collection.

general grievous noise intensifies

8 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

It was just a just a thought, since the base of the AT presents a courtyard maybe they could add some scenery. Just like a project submitted in LEGO Ideas: 

https://ideascdn.lego.com/media/generate/lego_ci/2e839d84-78ae-4482-8eec-fb492c428f6e/resize:800:450

I love that MOC but I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment looking at it :p

Just now, Zepthire said:

I love that MOC but I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment looking at it :p

if you expect the tower and just one side build maybe it will be similar... that moc is more than 100euros :/

Just now, AdriWho said:

if you expect the tower and just one side build maybe it will be similar... that moc is more than 100euros :/

Just the tower looking like that would be amazing

Just now, AdriWho said:

Yeah but there is the huge tree which is kind of a waist. I think the tower will be thinner and taller then the clock tower. And if I remember correctly, the AT should be 10$ more then the CT, so it will probably include more side build then that.

I really hope the AT’s not that much taller than the CT (5cm tops), otherwise it won’t fit in my display cabinet :tongue: And I can’t put it on top of the cabinet since that space is reserved for DA... 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I really hope the AT it’s not that much taller than the CT (5cm tops), otherwise it won’t fit in my display cabinet :tongue: And I can’t put it on top of the cabinet since that space is reserved for DA... 

I do hope it's at least a bit taller, 5cm actually sounds great. To be honest it's really difficult to visualise what this set is going to look like

29 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

I think the set will look quite different from that moc. The moc looks more like what LEGO would've produced for the AT in 2004. Too many empty "windows" for the current style. Plus the color scheme is too messy for the current line with the grays used in the tower itself. The top two floors are relatively close to how I imagine LEGO would make the top 2/3rds of the build though. Just add another floor beneath those that is shorter and cleaner than the one in the moc, a small section of castle similar to the small tower included with the Clock Tower set (mainly for stability) and a Greenhouse. 

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

I think the set will look quite different from that moc. The moc looks more like what LEGO would've produced for the AT in 2004. Too many empty "windows" for the current style. Plus the color scheme is too messy for the current line with the grays used in the tower itself. The top two floors are relatively close to how I imagine LEGO would make the top 2/3rds of the build though. Just add another floor beneath those that is shorter and cleaner than the one in the moc, a small section of castle similar to the small tower included with the Clock Tower set (mainly for stability) and a Greenhouse. 

I meant silhouette, minor details do not matter... It was just and idea of the things we could and could not get from that set... But I agree that it will need something more than a greenhouse for stability purposes :(

I do not know about you guys, but I think the new Hidden Side Castle would make a fine addition to the Hogwarts castle.

I think they could make the  set where     

the Astronomy tower is one one side.  the wall with greenhouse no.3 next to it. and then the small square tower on the other.

Just now, DocStrange said:

I do not know about you guys, but I think the new Hidden Side Castle would make a fine addition to the Hogwarts castle.

I dont think that style matches in with the rest of Hogwarts, just being tan aswell doesen't cut it.  all that nonsense dectorations and overhangs.       take a look at that whole picture.

I think people are making a connection to the Hidden Side Castle because it’s literally the closest thing to any HP set we’ve seen. With some heavy modifications it could be turned into something for Hogwarts but it won’t do as is

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I do hope it's at least a bit taller, 5cm actually sounds great. To be honest it's really difficult to visualise what this set is going to look like

Aah I see, personal motives.

JK, I too don't know where I will put the new sets. My shelf is jam packed! My work desk is my leptop with sets all around. I have to make more space somehow.

17 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

With a lot of modifications yes, but it won't work without any changes.

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think people are making a connection to the Hidden Side Castle because it’s literally the closest thing to any HP set we’ve seen. With some heavy modifications it could be turned into something for Hogwarts but it won’t do as is

Have we seen any clearer images than those on #legoleaks?