Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

And they‘re trans bright green, hooray! :excited: I hope they do show up in the Burrow set, but even if they don‘t, we now have the perfect part for floo-powder-related customs 

Edit: Ninja’d

Edited by Lego-Freak

Thank you!!! I'm not into Ninjago that much but those boardgames sets are growing on me.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The Ninjago sets can connect into a big boardgame, all pictures are on Promobricks. 

I LOVE these green flames, perfect for the Floo Network!

They will definitely include those flames... <3

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s a play on Schrödinger‘s cat, a thought experiment in quantum physics, in which a cat in an unobservable box is both dead and alive at the same time because we don‘t have access to the box (even though this interpretation is technically not what was initially intended, but it‘s the popular interpretation).

Applied to the MoM set, this means we don‘t know if it exists or not :tongue:

Well for some little plastic blocks, this discussion just got very deep. ? Thanks for the explanation. A rather fitting comparison for the MOM and The Department Of Mysteries.

Okay from the sets we do know exist, what are people looking most forward to? I have to say I'm really exited for Diagon Alley and The Burrow having missed out on them last time. I find the inclusion of another Ford Anglia in the Privet Drive set baffling frankly; it seems to me from the discussion on here that this is one a lot of people are going to pass on and for general consumers who have already got the WW set, the higher price of Privet Drive because the car is again included might also put them off buying it. I would have thought Hagrid's motorbike a more sensible inclusion if a vehicle was needed with the house for play purposes; it can be used to recreate scenes both from PS and OOP after all and I'm sure kids love a flying motorbike.

1 minute ago, MaximVlogs said:

in ninjago new trans green fire

Those pieces are gorgeous. I'm sure they'll crop up in Diagon Alley, The Burrow and more in the future. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

Speaking about boardgames, i have seen a rumor somewhere (can't remember where but if I find the source i'll tell you) about a lego HP boardgame coming out this year or the next. I am not sure if I should believe it or not but if this were true what do you guys think about that?

Just now, Kid Flash said:

Speaking about boardgames, i have seen a rumor somewhere (can't remember where but if I find the source i'll tell you) about a lego HP boardgame coming out this year or the next. I am not sure if I should believe it or not but if this were true what do you guys think about that?

I think you're referring to set 3862 from 2010, there are no current rumors about a boardgame (afaik)

3862-1.jpg?201007060221

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Okay from the sets we do know exist, what are people looking most forward to? I have to say I'm really exited for Diagon Alley and The Burrow having missed out on them last time. I find the inclusion of another Ford Anglia in the Privet Drive set baffling frankly; it seems to me from the discussion on here that this is one a lot of people are going to pass on and for general consumers who have already got the WW set, the higher price of Privet Drive because the car is again included might also put them off buying it. I would have thought Hagrid's motorbike a more sensible inclusion if a vehicle was needed with the house for play purposes; it can be used to recreate scenes both from PS and OOP after all and I'm sure kids love a flying motorbike.

I think I might be in the minority but I'm actually looking forward to prvet drive the most, don't know why but I am just really excited for it*huh*

I think you're referring to set 3862 from 2010, there are no current rumors about a boardgame (afaik)

*snip* 

Yeah I first thought so too so i checked the date, etc. but it seems it is referring to a new one. I don't think I believe it tho nobody else as said anything resembling it

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've read ''Schrödinger's MoM'' a few times now, what is it?

I'm sorry it was a joke xD I was referring ro Schrödinger's cat, that's potentially both alive and dead, since this set is potentially both existing and not existing :)

Just now, SupesBatsy said:

I'm sorry it was a joke xD I was referring ro Schrödinger's cat, that's potentially both alive and dead, since this set is potentially both existing and not existing :)

No worries, I just didn't think that deep

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oh I remember having this one, I definitely need to rebuild it some day.

1 minute ago, Kid Flash said:

I think I might be in the minority but I'm actually looking forward to prvet drive the most, don't know why but I am just really excited for it*huh*

I'm looking forward to the Privet Drive set and will definitely be getting it, I've just seen a lot of people on here say they aren't interested or will just Bricklink the Dursley's. I had the original Privet Drive so there's nostalgia there, but I also love recreating all the scenes for display anyway. :)

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I'm looking forward to the Privet Drive set and will definitely be getting it, I've just seen a lot of people on here say they aren't interested or will just Bricklink the Dursley's. I had the original Privet Drive so there's nostalgia there, but I also love recreating all the scenes for display anyway. :)

Privet Drive is the only set I missed from 2002 wave and im really looking forward that! Many people will change their mind when original pics are released :)

3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Okay from the sets we do know exist, what are people looking most forward to?

I am most excited for the Astronomy Tower and Diagon Alley.

The build of the Astronomy Tower still has me baffled. I just can’t picture how they are going to really differentiate it from the Clocktower. I’m imagining a more slender tower with a mostly open third floor with the giant astronomical spheres, a little winding staircase down to the second floor with the Ravenclaw rooms and Slughorn’s office, and a mostly empty first floor foyer that connects to the greenhouse sidebuild.

The D2C Diagon Alley is my #1 most anticipated set, though. There are just so many possibilities... And it’s such a feel-good set. Every time I think of it I get the same magic butterflies in my stomach that I get on my annual Halloween pilgrimage to the Wizarding World in Orlando. I can’t wait to see if they include the Ukranian Iron Belly dragon atop Gringott’s, and how they connect Bourgin & Burke’s (_kingnono_ did say everything was pin-connected) to Ollivander’s, Flourish & Blott’s and the rest of the display. I hope there are little butter beer kiosks like at the Wizarding World.

Also stoked to see the GWP Hogsmeade, which I firmly believe will be a beautiful little clue at what our next D2C will be! What about everyone else?

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Diagon Alley for sure - my favorite location in the Wizarding World. As much as I like Hogwarts, I'm really looking forward to a big set with plenty of color and variety.

I think I'm most excited for Private Drive. I'm extremely excited for Diagon Alley and the Burrow though, because they are amazing locations and still feel like new sets to me because I only ever built the old versions once and had them displayed for a few months before selling them. And I know they'll be improvements on them. I am also very excited for the standard OoTP and HBP sets as well. And I am SOOO excited for the minifigs. And the advent calendar. Oh my...

I just had a look at the new ninjago line and I got to say those are some really nice sets with great prices! Might even pick up one or two which would be my first Ninjago purchase ever 

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The D2C Diagon Alley is my #1 most anticipated set, though. There are just so many possibilities... And it’s such a feel-good set. Every time I think of it I get the same magic butterflies in my stomach that I get on my annual Halloween pilgrimage to the Wizarding World in Orlando. I can’t wait to see if they include the Ukranian Iron Belly dragon atop Gringott’s, and how they connect Bourgin & Burke’s (_kingnono_ did say everything was pin-connected) to Ollivander’s, Flourish & Blott’s and the rest of the display. I hope there are little butter beer kiosks like at the Wizarding World.

Also stoked to see the GWP Hogsmeade, which I firmly believe will be a beautiful little clue at what our next D2C will be! What about everyone else?

Living in the UK I have never been to the Wizarding World in Orlando but I'd love to go. I have visited the London studio tour but as it is inside the vibrancy and bustling packed nature of the outdoor space are a bit lost. Like you though just thinking of the location feels magical. I think the Ukranian Iron Belly perched on top of Gringotts would look great on display. :)

2 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Diagon Alley for sure - my favorite location in the Wizarding World. As much as I like Hogwarts, I'm really looking forward to a big set with plenty of color and variety.

So am I - I'm picturing lots of purples, oranges, trans green fire, owls, cats ... Just lots of colour and activity.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

I think I'm most excited for Private Drive. I'm extremely excited for Diagon Alley and the Burrow though, because they are amazing locations and still feel like new sets to me because I only ever built the old versions once and had them displayed for a few months before selling them. And I know they'll be improvements on them. I am also very excited for the standard OoTP and HBP sets as well. And I am SOOO excited for the minifigs. And the advent calendar. Oh my...

A bit like me then! The Burrow and DA at the top, but basically excited for everything. :excited:

28 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm definetely most looking forward to the Astronomy Tower, CMF and Diagon Alley.

The Astronomy Tower is really exciting for me because I just love it's architectural design and I can't wait to look at my Hogwarts with that tower in it. The minifigures aren't the most exciting but they'll be a valuable addition to my collection.

The CMF is exciting for the same reason as Series 1: new characters and accesories. I'm especially looking forward to getting a bunch of Neville's for the MBoM so I can put Hagrid's Care of Magical Creatures lesson in my display. All these new molds are going to be absolutely epic!

Diagon Alley is exciting because I just love the lociaton and even though I probably won't be able to get it untill it goes on a good discount I'm really curious as to how it will look. I really hope it has a lived in feel with some nice figures and some stands/carts to put outside the stores.

It's an exciting time to be a HP fan!

16 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm one of the people who will just Bricklink the Dursleys. Even though Privet Drive is an iconic location I just don't really have the room for it, the inclusion of the Ford Anglia also doesn't really help with my excitement as I already have one from the WW set. I am however very much looking forward to the look and design of the set!

Just now, topiku said:

I just had a look at the new ninjago line and I got to say those are some really nice sets with great prices! Might even pick up one or two which would be my first Ninjago purchase ever 

Given the mods' warnings I think it's better to post stuff like this in the Ninjago thread :wink:

I'm definetely most looking forward to the Astronomy Tower, CMF and Diagon Alley.

The Astronomy Tower is really exciting for me because I just love it's architectural design and I can't wait to look at my Hogwarts with that tower in it. The minifigures aren't the most exciting but they'll be a valuable addition to my collection.

The CMF is exciting for the same reason as Series 1: new characters and accesories. I'm especially looking forward to getting a bunch of Neville's for the MBoM so I can put Hagrid's Care of Magical Creatures lesson in my display. All these new molds are going to be absolutely epic!

Diagon Alley is exciting because I just love the lociaton and even though I probably won't be able to get it untill it goes on a good discount I'm really curious as to how it will look. I really hope it has a lived in feel with some nice figures and some stands/carts to put outside the stores.

It's an exciting time to be a HP fan!

The Astronomy Tower is definitely a great piece of architecture. I suppose I'm not as exited for that (which means just slightly less looking forward too lol) because it won't be as colourful and it is hard to picture how Lego are going to do it. I can picture DA and The Burrow more easily. Displaying minifigures with the sets and recreating scenes is also easier with the non-castle sections and I love doing that. 

I am also super excited for the CMF. I love that Fawkes and Myrtle's expression looks fantastic. Finally getting a Sprout minifigure is also great and I just keep picturing Neville falling backwards and getting attacked by the Monster Book Of Monsters every time I see that figure. ? 

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Given the mods' warnings I think it's better to post stuff like this in the Ninjago thread :wink:

Yeah you‘re right sorry

47 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

For me it‘s definitely the Burrow. The structure always interested me and back when I first got into Harry Potter (2012/13?) I was really sad that I had missed out on the Burrow back then. 
Seeing that the new set now has over 1000 pieces I can only imagine how detailed it’s going to be. 

2nd on the list is Diagon Alley - which would probably be my number 1 if it wasn‘t for the price - With all those shops this is definitely going to be the set of the year.  
Finally a Lego Weasley Wizard Wheezes!!! :D 

4 minutes ago, topiku said:

Finally a Lego Weasley Wizard Wheezes!!! :D

That's what we actually have no rumors or information about at the moment. But as discussed some time before, it would be odd not to include WWW in a $400 Diagon Alley :blush:

Just now, 8fifty said:

That's what we actually have no rumors or information about at the moment. But as discussed some time before, it would be odd not to include WWW in a $400 Diagon Alley :blush:

So we don’t have a list of the shops included yet? 

Just now, 8fifty said:

Wait what for real??? I thought for sure I had seen someone say it was confirmed to be a part of the set

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Unfortunately not.

Just now, topiku said:

Wait what for real??? I thought for sure I had seen someone say it was confirmed to be a part of the set

I haven't heard or read of it yet. The only confirmed shop to date is Borgin & Burke's - which isn't even in Diagon Alley :innocent:

19 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Nope, the only shop we know is included is Borgin and Burkes. The rest are just assumptions and guesses