Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Alright, this thread is off the rails. I've asked you all to steer it back on track. Nemo has asked you all to steer it back on track. The message hasn't gotten through.

Look, we're all for lively discussion and enjoyment of the site, but EB has always ALSO been about readability and focus. If we let every discussion go the way this is going, pretty soon no discussion thread would be readable in the slightest, and anybody just popping in to discuss new sets would find a big old mess.

Therefore, this is the FINAL WARNING to get it back on track, discuss rumoured new Harry Potter LEGO and just rumoured new Harry Potter LEGO, or I'll lock the thread for 24 hours unless leaks materialise on that time.

Thanks.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'd love that! A small circus and brickbuilt Zouwu, Tina, Kama, Skender, Credence and Nagini (human, maybe snake too) for about 50? Considering the Zouwu isn't as large as the 3 other beasts combined I think adding an extra figure for the same price is reasonable.

this sounds amazing!

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Harry has a lot of outfits that look very similar. I think the costume department did it on purpose honestly. After all, this is a teenage boy whose given nothing to wear except his much bigger cousin’s cast offs - he’s probably got a limited number of things that actually look good and fit. 

I believe that this might also be a conscious and strategic choice so that stills/footage accross the last several (Yates) films could be utilized more efficiently. Both in terms of actual cutting of the film, as well as for marketing materials, not to mention simplifying stunt work, wardrobe, etc. Even large budget films/series tend to use narrow wardrobes when they deal with a large ensemble cast. 

Just now, Kid Flash said:

Thanks, I always think they are leaks or something, so 'till now I always waited for something from lego themselves to know if they have been revealed

Well, they are leaks but we usually get those before LEGO releases things themselves. 

But we should really put this thread back on track, we don't want it to close down ofc :tongue:

Since Kingnono said that we might get even more than we expected...what do you think we'll get when the leaks drop?

Like, are there any chances we could already get Diagon Alley?

Or could it be another unannounced set?

Just now, SupesBatsy said:

Since Kingnono said that we might get even more than we expected...what do you think we'll get when the leaks drop?

Like, are there any chances we could already get Diagon Alley?

Or could it be another unannounced set?

Highly unlikely. I think we'll just get the main sets revealed, the GWP/D2C/CMF and Burrow will come a bit later (given the Burrow is supposed to be a retail exclusive)

I think he's hinting at another set coming out this year, most likely a MoM set

Highly unlikely. I think we'll just get the main sets revealed, the GWP/D2C/CMF and Burrow will come a bit later (given the Burrow is supposed to be a retail exclusive)

I think he's hinting at another set coming out this year, most likely a MoM set

So what is he referring to then, more sets? :/

That would be my guess, just one more set

I hope this does not raise the question about the CoS set hahahahha

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be my guess, just one more set

I did wonder if it could be a typo - maybe he was saying "there's more to it than we think", as in, there's been some reason that we hadn't thought of, if that makes sense.

Also, about that CoS set: wouldn't it make more sense for it to be released next year with the DH2 wave? Only problem, I don't know it they'd put both Tom, Ginny and Harry with grown up Hermione and Ron!

BTW I hope the new set is Schrödinger's MoM: I loved the little statues from the Advent Calendar and Riddle's tomb so it could be awesome to have a bigger one!

29 minutes ago, Kid Flash said:

luckily... 

Does anbody know when lego usually reveals the new sets? or is there just no set time?

It is usually around midday (European time). The last official reveals I can remember to exactly have been at 2pm and 3pm CET. 

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

I did wonder if it could be a typo - maybe he was saying "there's more to it than we think", as in, there's been some reason that we hadn't thought of, if that makes sense.

Like what though? :/

Just now, SupesBatsy said:

Also, about that CoS set: wouldn't it make more sense for it to be released next year with the DH2 wave? Only problem, I don't know it they'd put both Tom, Ginny and Harry with grown up Hermione and Ron!

I think that would be a missed opportunity. If it's based in DH2 it will have to include a dead basilisk, and just two figures :(

"There is more than you think". 

*retailer exclusive noise intensifies*

Do you guys actually think we could get another set as a retailer exclsuive? I think everything points to it. 

It's pretty weird that we've got literally all June sets pictures, and still no single Harry Potter leak. I hope they reveal them this weekend, like the guy on Promobricks said.

5 minutes ago, SupesBatsy said:

BTW I hope the new set is Schrödinger's MoM: I loved the little statues from the Advent Calendar and Riddle's tomb so it could be awesome to have a bigger one!

I've read ''Schrödinger's MoM'' a few times now, what is it?

I was wondering the same thing, could it be a designer?

Just now, Kid Flash said:

I was wondering the same thing, could it be a designer?

Nope, already checked that. But we should probably just wait for a response instead of discussing what he(?) could be to keep the mods happy

It‘s a play on Schrödinger‘s cat, a thought experiment in quantum physics, in which a cat in an unobservable box is both dead and alive at the same time because we don‘t have access to the box (even though this interpretation is technically not what was initially intended, but it‘s the popular interpretation).

Applied to the MoM set, this means we don‘t know if it exists or not :tongue:

Schrödinger's MoM: Ministry of magic that can be considered to both exist and to not exist until we find out which.

Edit - Ninjago'd

Edited by Agent Kallus

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s a play on Schrödinger‘s cat, a thought experiment in quantum physics, in which a cat in an unobservable box is both dead and alive at the same time because we don‘t have access to the box (even though this interpretation is technically not what was initially intended, but it‘s the popular interpretation).

Applied to the MoM set, this means we don‘t know if it exists or not :tongue:

Ok that completely went over my head :laugh_hard:

On a sidenote, we now have full HD pictures of all of the Ninjago set and the flames are in fact green! Here's to hoping we'll get some of them in the Burrow

lego-ninjago-71717-0006.jpg

Ok that completely went over my head :laugh_hard:

On a sidenote, we now have full HD pictures of all of the Ninjago set and the flames are in fact green! Here's to hoping we'll get some of them in the Burrow

lego-ninjago-71717-0006.jpg

Were can I see those? I really like how some of the new Ninjago sets can connect... Looks like HP is influencing some choices at Lego :DD

Just now, AdriWho said:

Were can I see those? I really like how some of the new Ninjago sets can connect... Looks like HP is influencing some choices at Lego :DD

The Ninjago sets can connect into a big boardgame, all pictures are on Promobricks. 

I LOVE these green flames, perfect for the Floo Network!