Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Yeah that sounds pretty plausible.  Quick question though: I’ve noticed retailer exclusives are usually right around the $20-30 price range.  Is this always the case, or are there larger retail exclusives from time to time?

There are larger ones, for example this year we are getting a $100 SW set (I think it's a retailer exclusive).

I‘ve been adamant about 75978 being the D2C, but now I‘m not so sure anymore. As someone has pointed out yesterday, 75978 and the D2C are listed separately in the Stonewars list, which is our first proper piece of evidence that there may be another unknown set. In jedijacpenguin‘s list, which I‘ve always referred to, there‘s a lot of question marks in that entry, so he probably isn‘t so certain either.

And now with that Tom clue, there‘s definitely potential for a CoS set, combined with the other clues. Of course they could also refer to the D2C as many have argued here, so it‘s really hard to tell :wacko: Let‘s hope the next clues are less ambiguous :tongue:

6 hours ago, SideSwept said:

Nice infographic!

Is that including FB sets and/or Brickheadz? Just curious. 

Includes FB but not BH

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm definitely in the "Chamber of Secrets" camp.  While I don't want another big set to crush my budget this year, I think it's inevitable.  Take a look at Tom Riddle in that scene vs the exclusive figure.  The book figure has no Hogwarts crest and no prefect badge on the robes.  Am I nitpicking?  Yes, but this theme is known for its ridiculously screen-accurate portrayal.  Give the "another Tom" a different facial expression and there you go, two Toms this year.

They’re not going to put a Tom Riddle in the book then make a slightly different one for a set for the sake of a tiny bit of screen accuracy. The book Tom Riddle is the only Tom Riddle we are getting. I don’t think we’re getting a CoS set for this reason as it’s an exclusive minifig. Not only would it cannibalise book sales it’d be pretty rude of Lego to them screw over people who pre ordered the book for the minifig. Remember the average user isn’t a minifig collector.

I think you know this is a reason it won’t exist, and so you’re trying to turn it into a reason it would exist for blind optimism... sorry

I absolutely think the another Tom is Tom the innkeeper or a Riddle one significantly different to the book minifig.

I'm on the Tom the Innkeeper side of the discussion. Besides me agreeing with pretty much every argument made against the Chamber of Secrets (especially the one saying LEGO wouldn't include Riddle in that book if they were doing the Chamber this year) I personally just don't want another set this year. Even though it's not as much as 2018 this wave is getting too expensive imo.

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

If that's the case there's also still the question of which innkeeper Tom variant it could be, probably poa but you never know.

I'd prefer the PS version but it'll most likely be PoA

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Guys, I hate to take the wind out of anyone’s sails but I don’t think we’re going to get a Chamber of Secrets featuring memory!Tom Riddle in the same year we get him as a book exclusive. Maybe a year or more after (we know lego’s done it before), but if the designers knew he was coming out in a set this year they would have chosen a different exclusive. And since the only reason people were even considering the possibility was kingnono’s ‘another Tom’ hint... 

(honestly, I’m kinda shocked we’re seeing the Chamber of Secrets speculation rearing its head again after a year instead of falling back to the much more recent Ministry Battle speculation)

I completely agree

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘ve been adamant about 75978 being the D2C, but now I‘m not so sure anymore. As someone has pointed out yesterday, 75978 and the D2C are listed separately in the Stonewars list, which is our first proper piece of evidence that there may be another unknown set. In jedijacpenguin‘s list, which I‘ve always referred to, there‘s a lot of question marks in that entry, so he probably isn‘t so certain either.

And now with that Tom clue, there‘s definitely potential for a CoS set, combined with the other clues. Of course they could also refer to the D2C as many have argued here, so it‘s really hard to tell :wacko: Let‘s hope the next clues are less ambiguous :tongue:

There's also a lot of evidence on kingnono's profile:

1. On his wishlist (from a month ago) his idea for 75978 was MoM Duel, and DA had a separate set number (71045).

2. "The confusion about the numbers probably happened because of shop exclusivity". When you sum up all the prices there are around 50€ left, and there's no retailer exclusive set we've heard of.

3. "An iconic scene in the underground will be part of 75978". Unless Lego includes Gringotts vault in DA (which I highly doubt, it wouldn't look good with other builds on display), this could indicate MoM or CoS set.

4. The last hint is how he specifically refers to DA as Diagon Alley. No set number, just the name. 

I would love to have a Chamber of Secrets so bad, but I am also on with the Tom Innkeeper. It fits better with everything we have heard so far. It could possibly be a different Tom (I hope he will be from the first movie) and the underground scene could be as many have said the Gringotts vaults even though I don't know exactly how would they do it. And who knows maybe LEGO surprise us next wave with a Chamber just like they included Privet Drive in this one.

To sum it up, we have three options here:

• 75978 is the D2C, in which case "Tom" refers to the Innkeeper and the "underground" part are the Gringotts vaults
  • 75978 is a MoM set, in which case "Tom" is Voldy and the underground location is the Atrium of the MoM
  • 75978 is a CoS set, which would mean "Tom" is Tom Riddle and the scene is the CoS

Not a lot of concrete evidence for either of these options, it's basically all conjecture. Option 1 is the most conservative of the three and for simplicity's sake I'm still going with that one (Occam's Razor and all), but the other two are at least on the table now :classic:

I really doubt we will get a COS set. LEGO going back and doing privet drive this wave is a one off. They're not going to have as many COS sets as they are the films the wave is supposed to be based on. If there is a hidden set it will be the ministry battle but don't get your hopes up just in case. Tom of course referring to Tom Riddle which is the name kingnono used because a V in the anagram would've given away Voldemort too quickly plus we wouldn't be able to speculate about other Toms. 

Have we considered that the Tom in question may be Tom Felton? Perhaps there's a Malfoy figure we don't know about in one of the sets or in the minifigure series. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

To sum it up, we have three options here:

• 75978 is the D2C, in which case "Tom" refers to the Innkeeper and the "underground" part are the Gringotts vaults
  • 75978 is a MoM set, in which case "Tom" is Voldy and the underground location is the Atrium of the MoM
  • 75978 is a CoS set, which would mean "Tom" is Tom Riddle and the scene is the CoS

Not a lot of concrete evidence for either of these options, it's basically all conjecture. Option 1 is the most conservative of the three and for simplicity's sake I'm still going with that one (Occam's Razor and all), but the other two are at least on the table now :classic:

Kingnono have write earlier of a set number 71045 for DA D2C. In stonewars website they also have DA D2C (which haven't a set number) and set 71078 separated.

Kingnono has referenced the books before, in HPB Dumbledore says ‘Firstly, I hope you noticed Riddle’s reaction when I mentioned that another shared his first name, “Tom”?

Could be nothing, could be a hint towards the barman. 

I don’t think it would be the chamber of secrets, only because this wave is the most expensive so far (I think) so to add another 100+ set that would be a bit extreme, the ministry could be $50 so that would be better but I’m not sure 

9 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I don’t think it would be the chamber of secrets, only because this wave is the most expensive so far (I think) so to add another 100+ set that would be a bit extreme, the ministry could be $50 so that would be better but I’m not sure 

Look at mmy graph on previous page, it's actually cheaper than 2018!

7 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Look at mmy graph on previous page, it's actually cheaper than 2018!

It's still really expensive though, imo last year was very well balanced

31 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Honestly the only thing you need for CoS set is a giant Basilisk and this head with an opening mouth, plus some water around. If they pulled it right they could make it a 50€/60€ set.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Honestly the only thing you need for CoS set is a giant Basilisk and this head with an opening mouth, plus some water around. If they pulled it right they could make it a 50€/60€ set.

Sliding down the pipes from the bathroom, or the collapsing ceiling would be good to add a play features, otherwise yeah, those are the two key parts. 

Lockhart and Harry are the absolute must haves, if Riddle isn't included, Ron, Ginny and Fawkes (brickbuilt again?) would be needed to justify the price tag though. 

Honestly it’s hard to say. All the arguments for both sides make a lot of sense. The puzzle felt like it was targeting Tom Riddle to me. From the phrase “little riddle” to the fact that it was an anagram like his name. Also, I’ve come to expect the unexpected with this theme. I don’t know that I would put it last then to or Riddle in a book and then change him slightly for a COS set the same year. Seems odd but Lego has done odder things. That being said, Tom the innkeeper seems a much simpler answer and doesn’t require so much explanation. I think a Chamber set is inevitable, but it seems far fetched for it to be this year

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly it’s hard to say. All the arguments for both sides make a lot of sense. The puzzle felt like it was targeting Tom Riddle to me. From the phrase “little riddle” to the fact that it was an anagram like his name. Also, I’ve come to expect the unexpected with this theme. I don’t know that I would put it last then to or Riddle in a book and then change him slightly for a COS set the same year. Seems odd but Lego has done odder things. That being said, Tom the innkeeper seems a much simpler answer and doesn’t require so much explanation. I think a Chamber set is inevitable, but it seems far fetched for it to be this year

LEGO being willing to reuse book ''exclusives'' in other sets also makes it a little more complicated. But I agree, a CoS set is inevitable and a lot of people want it but this year would be a weird choice

Because of the phrase "little riddle" I think it could be a young Tom Riddle from the Half-Blood Prince in the CMF. We still don't know half of them. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's still really expensive though, imo last year was very well balanced

Yeah, this year seems to be an expensive year in general for Lego for me, there seems to be a lot of really awesome stuff coming, especially with the DA D2C.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Sliding down the pipes from the bathroom, or the collapsing ceiling would be good to add a play features, otherwise yeah, those are the two key parts. 

Lockhart and Harry are the absolute must haves, if Riddle isn't included, Ron, Ginny and Fawkes (brickbuilt again?) would be needed to justify the price tag though. 

I feel like the walkway with the stone snake heads is almost essential too.

18 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO being willing to reuse book ''exclusives'' in other sets also makes it a little more complicated. But I agree, a CoS set is inevitable and a lot of people want it but this year would be a weird choice

Yeah I agree on the book exclusives part, although I actually just thought a counter-argument for this is the new Creator Pirate Ship which could quite easily compete with Barracuda Bay.

And the fact it seems a bit odd to put two CoS sets in the OotP/HBP year, at least Privet Drive is in several films, whereas the Chamber of secrets is only in the CoS... But wait! No it isn't, it's also in DH! Maybe they'd do it next year, and have both the live Basilisk for CoS and the carcass for DH, just as a way to get it to fit with the other DH sets presumably next year? An Ideas Dinosuar Fossils-style Basilisk would be pretty cool imo.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, hoiharry said:

Because of the phrase "little riddle" I think it could be a young Tom Riddle from the Half-Blood Prince in the CMF. We still don't know half of them. 

Technically we know more than half (9 out of 16). And there are some characters hinted at or just straightup mentioned by Kingnono that wouldn't make sense to be in a set like Rita Skeeter, young Riddle is definetely a possibility but I think it's unlikely

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Your comment immediately made me think of the Friends Summer Fun Waterpark set that’s coming 41430 .. big ‘pipe slide’ on that one  ^_^

Edited by Jarreth2

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think arguments could be made for either one of these two options.

Both sets could feature a big bad creature build for the minifigs to battle, which is notably absent from the current retail line-up. In the first wave, we got Aragog and a whole case of fantastic beasts. In the second wave, we got the Hungarian Horntail.

Either of these sets could feature a big scary snake build: the Basilisk for CoS and the magic fire serpent for MoM.

I just hope when Tom Riddle / Voldemort in the CoS or MoM set is confirmed, all the naysayers on here will eat a big slice of humble pie for adamantly refusing to accept the possibility that set 75978 was not the D2C.

Given that the riddle mirrors the Anagram scene from COS, there's no way he was talking about Tom the innkeeper.

Last year, was Beauxbatons Carriage and Graveyard set revealed later than the June wave?

Edited by UKFan922