Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, 8fifty said:
52 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

the clue says 'a little riddle'

maybe that's a hint as well and its young Tom from the pensive memories in the orphanage

How could a set like this look?

Probably not a set but possibly a young Tom from Half Blood Prince in the CMF

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This one is by far the most logical one. Could we be getting a retailer exclusive Chamber of Secrets? Ahhh hints like this are killing me.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Could it be? Could the underground set Kingnono has been referencing be the Chamber of Secrets?

It could be, if you go down to march 26 on his insta, you can se hes expection and he saying that we will not get all of them. We have leaks on a DA set and the burrow. Some of them in the cmf has he hinted about. It's 75978 that can be something another of them. I still have some thoughts thats we will get an chamber of secret set this year.

1 minute ago, Albert with an A said:

Probably not a set but possibly a young Tom from Half Blood Prince in the CMF

That would make sense!

Just now, 8fifty said:

That would make sense!

I feel like they would avoid that as it would conflict with the book that's coming out.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I for one am convinced that “HERMIONE SHORTY AT AT” is correct. I can’t wait for the D2C to be Year 1 Hermione piloting an AT-AT against Diagon Alley. 

So that’s why her first trip to get school supplies was never shown in the books or movies :laugh_hard:

In all seriousness though, I think the “ANOTHER TOM THIS YEAR” answer is probably the correct one, and I hope it’s referring to Tom the barkeeper. It would make sense as he’s literally another Tom (not just a different version of a Tom we already have) and I know there are plenty of us who would love a Leaky Cauldron in the D2C. 

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

So that’s why her first trip to get school supplies was never shown in the books or movies :laugh_hard:

In all seriousness though, I think the “ANOTHER TOM THIS YEAR” answer is probably the correct one, and I hope it’s referring to Tom the barkeeper. It would make sense as he’s literally another Tom (not just a different version of a Tom we already have) and I know there are plenty of us who would love a Leaky Cauldron in the D2C. 

Only issue with this theory is him saying the riddle was for "the next few days" which probably means it's about a set that will be revealed soon so not Diagon Alley.

6 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

If that's the case there's also still the question of which innkeeper Tom variant it could be, probably poa but you never know.

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

Only issue with this theory is him saying the riddle was for "the next few days" which probably means it's about a set that will be revealed soon so not Diagon Alley.

I wouldn't look too much into that part, it could just mean he gives us something to keep us busy and pass the time until we get some official stuff. He also said he was quite busy so it could also mean it's all we get for a few days while he's working.

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

True, but kingnono doesn’t categorically state that we’ll get the answer when the sets are released. This could just be him knowing we’re all going stir crazy and giving us something to chew on. Besides, unless there’s a retailer exclusive that lego’s kept so tight a lid on that we didn’t even know about the set number, then there’s not really anything left for him to leak new information about except the D2C and CMF, is there?

I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a Chamber of Secrets set coming. I mean this year we know we're getting Privet Dr with Dobby., Moaning Myrtle, Richard Harris Dumbledore with Fawkes and Tom Riddle. I mean there was a decent outcry over the first wave not including the Chamber of Secrets and including the lackluster Fawkes and Basilisk build, so maybe this year they're looking to rectify things.

Granted, it could all just turn out to be a coincidence and mean absolutely nothing. It'll be interesting to see what gets revealed...

Edited by strangely

Just now, strangely said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a Chamber of Secrets set coming. I mean this year we know we're getting Privet Dr with Dobby., Moaning Myrtle, Richard Harris Dumbledore with Fawkes and Tom Riddle. I mean there was a decent outcry over the first wave not including the Chamber of Secrets and including the lackluster Fawkes and Basilisk build, so maybe this year they're looking to rectify things.

Granted, it could all just turn out to be a coincidence and mean absolutely nothing. It'll be interesting to see what gets revealed...

Trouble with that imo is that a CoS set would surely be a medium-large set at least, if not a large one. And this wave is already very expensive on average - only one $20 set for example, compared to last year's two...

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Trouble with that imo is that a CoS set would surely be a medium-large set at least, if not a large one. And this wave is already very expensive on average - only one $20 set for example, compared to last year's two...

I don’t think that’s a meaningful metric, when you consider just how popular the larger (GH, WW, HE, etc) sets have been. If Lego sees larger sets selling better than smaller sets for a given theme, no reason they wouldn’t use that info. 

Given how well this theme seems to be doing, I can't see Lego worrying they couldn't sell another set.

Too, I don't think a Chamber of Secrets set would have to be that big. I could easily see them doing the Salazar statue with a Basilisk for the build and including just Harry and Ginny (Since everyone else appears elsewhere). I mean, they can't possibly have it connect below the other Hogwarts sets, and disguising it as a section of Hogwarts proper seems like an equally bad idea, so there's really no reason to make anything beyond the main feature of the chamber.

35 minutes ago, SideSwept said:

I don’t think that’s a meaningful metric, when you consider just how popular the larger (GH, WW, HE, etc) sets have been. If Lego sees larger sets selling better than smaller sets for a given theme, no reason they wouldn’t use that info. 

image.png.79b7645df2ff6fa98b50928f5ee4a37f.png

Thought it'd be interesting to see how the prices of HP sets have changed this wave. This is just "normal" sets - no polybags, calendars, books, D2Cs, etc

While the average price has increased this year compared to both 2018 and 2019, the total price is actually lower than 2018, simply because there's one less confirmed set so far. I will update this as stuff is announced though. This is also including the Buildable Hedwig this year as it's kinda a weird case. Oh and there's two $100 sets in 2020 and two $20 sets in 2019.

(Also I hate Excel)

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 hour ago, strangely said:

True true, it all fits perfectly, but of course our wishful minds may just be reading too much into it. Honestly though, if it were true I think we would’ve gotten major hints by now, seeing how it is one of the most anticipated sets.

EDIT: It would make up for the lack of Ginny :laugh:

Edited by Otherworld

43 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

image.png.79b7645df2ff6fa98b50928f5ee4a37f.png

Thought it'd be interesting to see how the prices of HP sets have changed this wave. This is just "normal" sets - no polybags, calendars, books, D2Cs, etc

While the average price has increased this year compared to both 2018 and 2019, the total price is actually lower than 2018, simply because there's one less confirmed set so far. I will update this as stuff is announced though. This is also including the Buildable Hedwig this year as it's kinda a weird case. Oh and there's two $100 sets in 2020 and two $20 sets in 2019.

(Also I hate Excel)

Nice infographic!

Is that including FB sets and/or Brickheadz? Just curious. 

Guys, I hate to take the wind out of anyone’s sails but I don’t think we’re going to get a Chamber of Secrets featuring memory!Tom Riddle in the same year we get him as a book exclusive. Maybe a year or more after (we know lego’s done it before), but if the designers knew he was coming out in a set this year they would have chosen a different exclusive. And since the only reason people were even considering the possibility was kingnono’s ‘another Tom’ hint... 

(honestly, I’m kinda shocked we’re seeing the Chamber of Secrets speculation rearing its head again after a year instead of falling back to the much more recent Ministry Battle speculation)

I'm definitely in the "Chamber of Secrets" camp.  While I don't want another big set to crush my budget this year, I think it's inevitable.  Take a look at Tom Riddle in that scene vs the exclusive figure.  The book figure has no Hogwarts crest and no prefect badge on the robes.  Am I nitpicking?  Yes, but this theme is known for its ridiculously screen-accurate portrayal.  Give the "another Tom" a different facial expression and there you go, two Toms this year.

Harry Potter: 10 Unanswered Questions We Still Have About The ...Tom Marvolo Riddle | Brickipedia | Fandom

Edited by RogueTwo

I would be very shocked to see a Chamber of Secrets set to be honest. Sure it would fit the “another Tom” clue and the “iconic underground scene” clue but it just seems so unlikely for so many reasons. If it happens I’ll be the first to rejoice but I highly doubt it

48 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm definitely in the "Chamber of Secrets" camp.  While I don't want another big set to crush my budget this year, I think it's inevitable.  Take a look at Tom Riddle in that scene vs the exclusive figure.  The book figure has no Hogwarts crest and no prefect badge on the robes.  Am I nitpicking?  Yes, but this theme is known for its ridiculously screen-accurate portrayal.  Give the "another Tom" a different facial expression and there you go, two Toms this year.

Harry Potter: 10 Unanswered Questions We Still Have About The ...Tom Marvolo Riddle | Brickipedia | Fandom

His robes are open, and his lapel is covering the position where his Hogwarts crest would be... Can’t say much about his prefect badge, as that should be on his lapel. But in any case, the book Riddle has to represent the CoS Riddle, as there is no other film appearance that even remotely matches the book figure. 

I'm in the camp of it being Tom the Inkeeper. It makes sense considering Diagon Alley is essentially confirmed at this point and apparently the Leaky Cauldron is included.

I feel like if there was a chamber of secrets set coming out, we definitely would’ve heard about it this late in the game.  But on the other hand, we do have one less set (that we know of) in this wave.  Very possible that another COS set somehow slipped under the radar.

55 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

I feel like if there was a chamber of secrets set coming out, we definitely would’ve heard about it this late in the game.  But on the other hand, we do have one less set (that we know of) in this wave.  Very possible that another COS set somehow slipped under the radar.

It could be a retailer exclusive, we hear about those much later than about the other sets.

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It could be a retailer exclusive, we hear about those much later than about the other sets.

Yeah that sounds pretty plausible.  Quick question though: I’ve noticed retailer exclusives are usually right around the $20-30 price range.  Is this always the case, or are there larger retail exclusives from time to time?

Just now, Portal Out said:

Yeah that sounds pretty plausible.  Quick question though: I’ve noticed retailer exclusives are usually right around the $20-30 price range.  Is this always the case, or are there larger retail exclusives from time to time?

While a lot of retailer exclusives are smaller sets, there are large retailer exclusives as well. For example, LEGO Star Wars has an $80-130 retailer exclusive ser almost every year.