Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

49 minutes ago, fanoflego2409 said:

I don't know if anyone mention it, but on ameet site u can clearly see photos of books in 4k. Also in book "Malofy and Harry" you can see Lockhart minifugre with completely new suit, which hadn't been used before. There are also included Crabbe, Goyle, Fred and George.

Edit: You can also see Luna Lovegood with Lion Mask and Moaning Martha from new cmf series. so that can be a hint.

I don't see the books on their website :(

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

The description sounds weird with the overuse of words like crazy, and the specific mention of ARSON, so I really hope it's badly translated :D

It's google translated from Chinese because most of the current leaks and pics are from a Honk Kong toy store

I'm interested to see if the burrow indeed opens up, but that's hard to believe. Either way that means we're getting 3 christmas themed sets this year (AT, burrow and Advent Calendar), make that 4 if GWP Hogsmeade is also christmas themed. I'm not complaining tough xD.

4 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Of course, because in a set featuring a giant and two centaurs, the most surprising and marketable encounter is with a middle-aged woman. Makes sense.

This had me dead :laugh_hard: Couldn't stop laughing.:iamded_lol:

1 hour ago, fanoflego2409 said:

I don't know if anyone mention it, but on ameet site u can clearly see photos of books in 4k. Also in book "Malofy and Harry" you can see Lockhart minifugre with completely new suit, which hadn't been used before. There are also included Crabbe, Goyle, Fred and George.

Edit: You can also see Luna Lovegood with Lion Mask and Moaning Martha from new cmf series. so that can be a hint.

Is it the one from the cmf though? It's kinda hard for me to make it out, but it looks like Luna us wearing her pink series 1 outfit + a lion head rather than the one from series 2. I wouldn't look too much into it.

1 hour ago, fanoflego2409 said:

That sounds interesting, do you have a link? Or what you have to specifically type in to see it, as i just went on the Ameet site and the only results are last year's books. Cheers

22 minutes ago, hoiharry said:

I don't see the books on their website :(

I don't know if links are forbidden, but i can give you it: https://www.ameet.eu/catalogues/ameet-books-catalogue-2020/ page 20-22

edit: on polish version of site that is more clear than on english one; After looking on catalogue site you need to scroll down to extand image

Edited by fanoflego2409

6 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

So can anyone actually explain what the phrase “next weekend” means? Is it this weekend for the reveals or next week for the reveals?

The original phrase has been "Drop in next weekend again" (translated). Interpreting the German language, this one means the following to me: The set images will be revealed sometime next week, not at the weekend itself. It should just be a fact that they are definitely out then so it's worth it to look by. The fact that he mentions the weekend tells me that they'll rather drop at the end of the week. Otherwise, the phrase would have been "Drop in by midweek again". Maybe he doesn't want to spoil everything, maybe he isn't even allowed to. But again, that's all a matter of interpretation, even for native German people.

5 hours ago, deskp said:

The reason why it was brought up was that it could mean either in German.

You wont have an answer what was meant unless, you wait...        or just ask the guy yourself?      ----> https://www.promobricks.de/

There was actually a guy who tried to ask the promobricks guy but he didn't get a reply :wink:

5 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

It's google translated from Chinese because most of the current leaks and pics are from a Honk Kong toy store

I bet that some of the minifigures are already available for purchase at In's Point in HK. I can remember seeing the figures of the Creator Expert gingerbread house a long time before we even saw leaks or anything else from this set :laugh:

These illustrations are not an indication of what‘s to come. Luna‘s lion headgear for instance looks nothing like the CMF version :wink: We‘ve just gone past a lengthy discussion of the same nature a couple of days ago, I‘d rather we not repeat that 

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

These illustrations are not an indication of what‘s to come. Luna‘s lion headgear for instance looks nothing like the CMF version :wink: We‘ve just gone past a lengthy discussion of the same nature a couple of days ago, I‘d rather we not repeat that 

To be fair that was about books from 2018 hinting about sets from 2020, this is about books from 2020 that by the time they release sets from 2020 are already known. But yes let’s not go there again:innocent2: 

2 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

The books, how much will they cost? (Or have cost before?) It's looks like an easy way to get Hermione to make that scene in Hagrids hut whit buckbeak.

Is this type of book a good way to get inspired to MOCs? I know it's animated, but some animation it's easier to get inspired of than others.

Sorry for all my questions about the books :)

Here in the UK there’s a grocery store Morrison’s .. they have the Hermione book for £4 

13 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

Here in the UK there’s a grocery store Morrison’s .. they have the Hermione book for £4 

The Ron book was £1 on Amazon at one point so I think it's definitely worth waiting for a bargain.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why is this ridiculous? It's not strange at all for the in-house themes to leak before the licensed ones, happens every year :shrug_oh_well:

Oh no, I misspoke, I meant to say that my excitement and antsy-ness was getting ridiculous. I know this is usually how things go, I’m just getting a little impatient, but the pictures will come out when they come out, and the world’s not gonna end before they do :laugh:

41 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

I expected them to be out by now.

Friday isn't part of the weekend (at least imo) so it would've been tomorrow at the earliest :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Holden Brickfield said:

and the world’s not gonna end before they do :laugh:

Don't say that, you'll jinx it! Don't forget we're living in 2020 :laugh_hard:

Spoiler

2020 Already Sucks | Sucks Meme on ME.ME

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't say that, you'll jinx it! Don't forget we're living in 2020 :laugh_hard:

Here's hoping for a better second half of 2020 with some cool Lego to go along with it :look:

19 hours ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Aberforth with a goat would be Good

Goat :moar::tongue:

5 hours ago, Hawkeye12 said:

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while but came back when I started noticing the Harry Potter leaks and I have been following the thread. One thing I that I noticed when I read the description that I wanted to mention here is that the description has a heavy emphasis on it being for children. It had me worried that it might not be up standard of the others, but I guess it will? 

Sounds like a sale pitch for shops or similar, the descriptions on Lego@home do not sound like that :shrug_oh_well:

6 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Here's hoping for a better second half of 2020 with some cool Lego to go along with it :look:

TBH, Lego is the only thing that humors me this year :laugh_hard:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Sounds like a sale pitch for shops or similar, the descriptions on Lego@home do not sound like that :shrug_oh_well:

Can confirm that, it's obviously a search engine oriented text as some keywords are used quite often.

18 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

12 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Can confirm that, it's obviously a search engine oriented text as some keywords are used quite often.

Ok thank you I just wanted to confirm that.

21 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

TBH, Lego is the only thing that humors me this year :laugh_hard:

Same here. My other main passion, movies, has been put on ice for a looooong time and video games as my third passion are still doing fine, but there‘s not much coming out this year that really excites me :shrug_oh_well: So I‘m extremely glad LEGO isn‘t affected much, the only noteworthy impact the human malware had here was the delay of three of the Minions sets 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

video games as my third passion are still doing fine, but there‘s not much coming out this year that really excites me :shrug_oh_well: 

I'm really excited for LEGO SW: The Skywalker Saga and The Last of Us Part II, but LSW doesn't have a releasedate yet and TLOSII just got delayed again :damn:

At least I still have LEGO to keep myself busy

Edited by Guyon2002

3 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Alai in the UK, but I got the Hermione book for £2.99 in Lidl

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm really excited for LEGO SW: The Skywalker Saga and The Last of Us Part II, but LSW doesn't have a releasedate yet and TLOSII just got delayed again :damn:

At least I still have LEGO to keep myself busy

I'm excited for LSW too! I'll get it for Switch. But I feel like I ought to watch the films first. Been playing some Lego Harry Potter Collection in the meantime though and it's a great nostalgia trip :excited:

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

I'm excited for LSW too! I'll get it for Switch. But I feel like I ought to watch the films first. Been playing some Lego Harry Potter Collection in the meantime though and it's a great nostalgia trip :excited:

I'd definetely recommend watching the SW movies first, will make playing the game way more fun (unless you want to discover the story through the game itself). I've been playing the LHP Collection on and off for the last few months, it's kinda hard to get through. Obviously it's a much older game but I can't stand the lack of dialogue :tongue:

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd definetely recommend watching the SW movies first, will make playing the game way more fun (unless you want to discover the story through the game itself). I've been playing the LHP Collection on and off for the last few months, it's kinda hard to get through. Obviously it's a much older game but I can't stand the lack of dialogue :tongue:

I like that about the older Lego games, that they use different ways to tell the storie. Lego HP years 5-7 is by far my favourite :wub: