Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

The GWP sounds excellent! And Aberforth would indeed be a great minifig to add :thumbup: So we already know 2022‘s D2C, if the theme continues till then :tongue:

Just now, 8fifty said:

But maybe it will return in 2020? :sweet: However, thanks for sharing, @AdriWho!

OMG! sorry, I feel stupid now but it would have been great to have them in the set :)

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The GWP sounds excellent! And Aberforth would indeed be a great minifig to add :thumbup: So we already know 2022‘s D2C, if the theme continues till then :tongue:

Shrieking Shack and Honeydukes are a given. Would they do any of the pubs though?

Wow, I'm so excited they're continuing with the nano-sets, and I'm excited to display this alongside Hogwarts! I think the figure will probably be Madam Rosmerta, as she's pretty important to the plot of HBP. Hope they put this out with the sets and not the D2C, unlikely as that is.

They might do Zonko's as well. Maybe the train station if we're lucky, but I doubt it.

Edited by Brick Guru

Just now, Brick Guru said:

They might do Zonko's as well. Maybe the train station if we're lucky, but I doubt it.

Zonkos isn't in the film.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Zonkos isn't in the film.

I forgot about that! Darn.... There really aren't a lot of shops they could do. There's the Three Broomsticks, Shrieking Shack, Honeydukes and that's about it. They might do the Hog's Head but I doubt it as it appears briefly.

Edited by Brick Guru

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Wow, I'm so excited they're continuing with the nano-sets, and I'm excited to display this alongside Hogwarts! I think the figure will probably be Madam Rosmerta, as she's pretty important to the plot of HBP. Hope they put this out with the sets and not the D2C, unlikely as that is.

She’s not even in HBP in the movie, which is what the sets are based on 

This is honestly more disappointing than exciting. I personally only care for the exclusive figure as I'm not a fan of microscale. Wether or not I'll get this completely depends on the releasedate

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

This is honestly more disappointing than exciting. I personally only care for the exclusive figure as I'm not a fan of microscale. Wether or not I'll get this completely depends on the releasedate

I don't either but hey it will be free! And Diagon Alley was cute.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

eBay? :look:

Now that we know there's a GWP I'll have to force myself to wait to buy at least one of the sets in case it comes when I don't have money for the DA set or if it comes later in the year. I'll probably determine which set to wait on when we finally see the sets. I haven't been able to afford the other micro sets (and I hate minifigures being exclusive to promotions in general) but it wouldn't hurt to have. 

I suppose this could mean the next D2C is hogsmeade (2022?) which would be a nice $200 set.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

I don't either but hey it will be free! And Diagon Alley was cute.

Yeah, ''free''

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

eBay? :look:

We'll see, maybe I'll just wait on the Burrow untill the GWP releases

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

Now that we know there's a GWP I'll have to force myself to wait to buy at least one of the sets in case it comes when I don't have money for the DA set or if it comes later in the year. I'll probably determine which set to wait on when we finally see the sets. I haven't been able to afford the other micro sets (and I hate minifigures being exclusive to promotions in general) but it wouldn't hurt to have. 

Exact same situation for me

Hogsmeade has:

Hogsmeade Station (most films) 

Honeydukes, Three Broomsticks, Shrieking Shack (PoA)

Hog's Head (OotP) 

As the major buildings. The shops mentioned in the books (Gladrags, Dervish and Bangs, Zonko's, Scrivenshafts, Puddifoot's and the Post Office) don't appear in the films as far as I know. 

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

The previous GWP is $80 on eBay. I don't think ebay is a very good option. 

Seems like a good option to me, if the set you bought with it costs $80 you've essentially got that set free?

Edited by sammy_zammy

Seems like a good option to me, if the set you bought with it costs $80 you've essentially got that set free?

That's like saying you bought Apocalypseburg for $250 because the Harley Quinn figure is worth $50, it doesn't save you anything

It's a good option for scalpers but someone who missed out on the promotion has to pay $80 for the GWP alone. 

I wonder if we could ever get a Hogwarts D2C playset. While I appreciate the beauty of the Hogwarts D2C and I do own it, I regret buying it and I cam never love it because it's just neither here nor there for me. I was expecting a D2C playset with a large portion of the castle. And when I found out it would be microscale I expected it to be a full model of the castle to display. I really hope the theme sticks around for a few years so we might get a D2C with Gryffindor Tower and the staircase.

Very excited about the Hogsmeade microscale GWP set!

It’s such an iconic location that Universal Studios made it the original setting of the Wizarding World theme park.

My prediction is that the set will feature the Three Broomsticks, the Hog’s Head Inn, Honeydukes Sweetshop, and the Shrieking Shack.

I am hoping the exclusive minifig will be werewolf Lupin, but I would be happy with Madam Rosmerta.

I also think this is a good indication that our next D2C set after Diagon Alley will be a minifig-scale Hogsmeade Village...

Edited by sebastian666

Just now, UKFan922 said:

I wonder if we could ever get a Hogwarts D2C playset. While I appreciate the beauty of the Hogwarts D2C and I do own it, I regret buying it and I cam never love it because it's just neither here nor there for me. I was expecting a D2C playset with a large portion of the castle. And when I found out it would be microscale I expected it to be a full model of the castle to display. I really hope the theme sticks around for a few years so we might get a D2C with Gryffindor Tower and the staircase.

I never want to see a D2C Hogwarts playset, that's what the normal sets are for. It would suck for lego to make 75% of the castle available through normal sets and put the other 25% in a D2C just so you have to buy it to get a full Hogwarts. In my opinion D2C's should be standalone things, not additions to a running ''series'' of sets

Just now, sebastian666 said:

I am hoping the exclusive minifig will be werewolf Lupin, but I would be happy with Madam Rosmerta.

Werewolf Lupin would probably require a new mold to be done justice and I don't remember ever seeing a GWP exclusive figure using a new mold :def_shrug:

I'm just glad that the microscale set comes with a minifigure. Because if this line followed the recent Star Wars promos, we'd just be getting a microscale scene and then I would be peeved. 

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I'm just glad that the microscale set comes with a minifigure. Because if this line followed the recent Star Wars promos, we'd just be getting a microscale scene and then I would be peeved. 

I'd prefer that tbh

1 minute ago, UKFan922 said:

I would wish a minifig/system scale castle too BUT...I could imagine that this would turn out to be too large and too expensive. So I don't see many chances to get a D2C like this.

Honestly I love exclusive figures in these sorts of promos. There’s just something exciting about it, it’s part of the hunt. I hope they don’t wait until the last minute to announce it though, it’s nice to have a heads up so I can plan what to buy with it. Between the Diagon Alley GWP and the Star Wars microscale displays, I’ve grown to love small microscale display pieces so I’m really looking forward to this one. A figure is just a bonus 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth