Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Like I said earlier the Harry figure is the only disappointing thing about this polybag. It would've been awesome if instead of Harry it was just a generic non-Gryffindor student reusing one of the other House sweaters. Imo it wouldn't even matter if that would make Hedwig feel out of place. I love this polybag but I'm getting sick of Harry figures and Gryffindor sweaters...

You were setting yourself up for disappointment if you expected anything other than Harry in Hogwarts robes. These sets are made for kids after all, especially the cheaper sets and polybags. A kid isn't going to be able to go on Bricklink and order a Harry in Hogwarts robes figure. Their only option to get a robed Harry at the moment is to buy the great hall set which is quite expensive. 

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

You were setting yourself up for disappointment if you expected anything other than Harry in Hogwarts robes. These sets are made for kids after all, especially the cheaper sets and polybags. A kid isn't going to be able to go on Bricklink and order a Harry in Hogwarts robes figure. Their only option to get a robed Harry at the moment is to buy the great hall set which is quite expensive. 

I wasn't setting myself up for disappointment because 1) I didn't even know we we're getting a new polybag and 2) Harry being the figure to come in a new polybag is extremely predictable. And the Great Hall isn't the only way to get Harry in his Hogwarts sweater, the Whomping Willow is still available and even the 2018 poly in some places. 

EDIT: I meant the build your own adventure book, not the WW

Edited by Guyon2002

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just look at the past 2 (almost 3) years of comments in these Harry Potter threads. One of the most common complaints is LEGO overusing Gryffindor. If the figure in this polybag was from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin the sales for this poly would increase tenfold.

They'd increase 10-fold here maybe, but not sure about the general public. People would be like "yeah I'll just buy this polybag on its own - oh wait, no Harry? What's the point?" if they're not interested in building up a collection of HP figures.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

They'd increase 10-fold here maybe, but not sure about the general public. People would be like "yeah I'll just buy this polybag on its own - oh wait, no Harry? What's the point?" if they're not interested in building up a collection of HP figures.

A non Harry Potter fan wouldn't care if the figure is Harry or not, just wether or not the pieces are usefull

Just now, Zedro said:

The point is having a figure representing their house. One complain of most Harry Potter merchandise is the lack of products having their house.

Exactly. Gryffindor is literally everywhere but the other houses are severely underrepresented (coming from a proud Hufflepuff)

I'm not a fan of that polybag the same way I wasn't fan of the first one. At least I'm hoping tomorrow we'll have a sneak peak of some sets :D

I love that polybag!!! It's not much different from last year's Advent Calendar but it's cool!

I just hope LEGO decides to make a set without major character and locations for the next wave, something about 40 euros aimed to people that want more obscure HP stuff 

42 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Edit: do the cakes remind anyone else of the cakes Ron and Harry use to drug Crabbe and Goyle in the second film? I've had those potential figures on my mind a lot so it was the first thing I thought of :grin:. There's probably no connection at all. 

I didn't think of that and there probably isn't a connection. But they do look quite similar to the iced cupcakes they use.

(who knows maybe the chicken wrong is a reference to Ron before the Gryffindor's meet Nearly Headless Nick)

Cool to have the new Hedwig in a polybag. The rest is par-for-the-course for polybags I think. I'll buy it for Hedwig, parts are useful enough, Harry probably ends up in some box to live his life in the shadows I guess.

The polybag is a nice little way of getting Hedwig, so if I'm somehow abe to find it I will pick it up, but it's so boring for anyone who got the calendar as it's basically the exact same stuff you get in there. But didn't really expect anything special for the polybags nor do I really want that as they are way to hard to find.

Any polybag with a animal is good news to me :wink:
However I really hope we get one or two owls that is not Hedwig this year (both sitting and flying). Snowy owls are supposed to be rare in HP, but among the few owls we got there has only been one that is not her so far:hmpf:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Any polybag with a animal is good news to me :wink:
However I really hope we get one or two owls that is not Hedwig this year (both sitting and flying). Snowy owls are supposed to be rare in HP, but among the few owls we got there has only been one that is not her so far:hmpf:

Agreed, I really hope we get more owls that aren’t Hedwig, sitting ones and flying ones

1 hour ago, Zedro said:

It would be interesting launch 4 polybags 1 for house and see the results. The sales will increase just for getting different house torsos. ( Harry, Luna, Cedric, Draco for exemple)

This probably wouldn't work. Polybags are primarily impulse buys for children. How many kids will buy polybags of Luna and Cedric? Luna already comes wearing her Hogwarts uniform in the ROR set and is available in the next minifigure series and Cedric is included in the Triwizard Tournament set. Harry would sell, Draco might sell, but Luna and Cedric would be pegwarmers. The number of people buying multiples would not balance out the general public. I think our best hope for getting more Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff torsos is getting more Hogwarts sets that aren't based around scenes where all the characters are wearing special costumes like the clock and astronomy tower sets  or maybe some sort of LEGO store exclusive pack of figures. 

I'm still glad that we even have Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torsos in the first place. It seemed impossible before the reboot. 

Tbh last polybag (from 2018) in my opinion was much better. Construction was a lot of better. The new one has only Hedwig, but rest is really disappointing...

The new polybag looks neat.  I'm glad the new Hedwig will be available in such a cheap set.  The build is pretty good, and multiples could fill out a Great Hall well.  I'm not sure that I'd rank it over the previous polybag though, as that was an easy source of cauldrons and spell books.  I'll still buy at least one however. 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just look at the past 2 (almost 3) years of comments in these Harry Potter threads. One of the most common complaints is LEGO overusing Gryffindor. If the figure in this polybag was from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin the sales for this poly would increase tenfold.

Guyon, I appreciate your passion for LEGO Harry Potter and the blunt, unapologetic perspective you bring to this forum.

However, this comment sums up why I disagree with you so often. You don’t understand how sales and marketing works, but you always speak with such authority on the subject.

There is absolutely no way a LEGO Harry Potter polybag, which is designed to be an impulse buy for kids in checkout lines and is probably the only LEGO Harry Potter set most kids can afford, would increase sales ten-fold with an obscure Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or even Slytherin student.

This is an absolutely adorable set and I can guarantee you all future LEGO Harry Potter polybags will also include Harry Potter. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment.

Oh, it's was a nice suprise that we will get the new Hedwig in the polybag! That we will get another Harry is not a big deal for me. I'm glad it's have short leg then normal size.

I'm little disappointet over the polybag wasen't an exclusiv promo for buying hp lego.. I didn't expect that, but had little hope..

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hopefully this reveal means more reveals are coming very soon. This was like a little tease

If I'm not mistaken, the reveal in 2018 has been on a Wednesday, last year it was a Thursday. So, for this year, I predict it to be on a Friday :tongue:

Just kidding! I really hope for the reveal to be yesterday :look:

22 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Guyon, I appreciate your passion for LEGO Harry Potter and the blunt, unapologetic perspective you bring to this forum.

However, this comment sums up why I disagree with you so often. You don’t understand how sales and marketing works, but you always speak with such authority on the subject.

There is absolutely no way a LEGO Harry Potter polybag, which is designed to be an impulse buy for kids in checkout lines and is probably the only LEGO Harry Potter set most kids can afford, would increase sales ten-fold with an obscure Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or even Slytherin student.

This is an absolutely adorable set and I can guarantee you all future LEGO Harry Potter polybags will also include Harry Potter. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment.

I totally agree with this. 

The people talking about these sets on a forum are not the target demographic of polybags. Neither are the people who would buy multiples of the polybag to get lots of ravenclaw or Hufflepuff uniforms to populate their castles. Polybags are ways for kids to get an important character, some accessories, and a small build. It's a way to get them interested in the main line so they ask for the sets as gifts or to let them expand their existing lineup of sets on a budget. People who already have all the sets and a surplus of Harry figures and Griffindor robes are simply not who polybags are made for.

Not to mention, we’ve had this discussion time & time again. A lot of us have a clone army of Jack Sparrow, Spider-Man, Batman, & Harry Potter. The vast majority of sets from Harry Potter are naturally going to have Harry Potter. Likewise, it also makes sense for Gryffindor.

Yes, it sucks for us because we pretty much buy everything they throw at us. At least in terms of the robes, while we’re still getting too much from Gryffindor, we’re getting a great variety. And that is, slightly, expanding to Slytherin-the second most important House. 

To be honest, I'm never that bothered about the character's civilian clothes. My family and I all love the Harry Potter books and films and have read / watched them countless times. But even now, I'd struggle to remember what clothes the characters had on in each scene.

What I'd really love are Hogwarts robes, sweaters and Quidditch robes for each of the houses. Preferably in battle packs, but that's just being greedy now.

Roll on the new set reveals! Most excited about the Astronomy Tower.

Rather than a poly bag, I wonder if we could see a minifigure pack (like the one for Spider-man far from Home) with say Ron, Ginny and Percy, or something like that.

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Rather than a poly bag, I wonder if we could see a minifigure pack (like the one for Spider-man far from Home) with say Ron, Ginny and Percy, or something like that.

I think lots of us really want a Harry Potter minifigure pack, but more people want something along the lines of generic students with uniforms from each house or Quidditch players as opposed to a Weasley collection, and given how Harry Potter’s quality for price points compares to Disney subsidiaries I think there’s a decent chance that a Harry Potter minifigure pack could have 4 figs like the Ninjago ones. 

Apologies if this has been said, I didn’t read through all the replies after the polybag was revealed. I feel like the hollow white stud included in the polybag could possibly be to let Hedwig carry the broom by the end? It’s not really accurate to how she carried it, but maybe it’s just Lego’s solution for a cheap polybag. I don’t think that stud really makes sense otherwise, it’s just kinda there 

24 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Apologies if this has been said, I didn’t read through all the replies after the polybag was revealed. I feel like the hollow white stud included in the polybag could possibly be to let Hedwig carry the broom by the end? It’s not really accurate to how she carried it, but maybe it’s just Lego’s solution for a cheap polybag. I don’t think that stud really makes sense otherwise, it’s just kinda there 

Other people have mentioned that and it does make sense! They could’ve easily included two hollow studs and a bar clip piece though to make it look like she’s carrying the broom horizontally, or even just a 1x1 plate with vertical clip.