Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Is the with stud to make Hedwig able to hold the broom, or what you guys think? IT* would look kind of funny 

Edited by TurboTj-DK

Just now, LEGOMotionStudios said:

I’ve been a Harry Potter fan all of my life, and the sets coming seem amazing so far, but is anyone else extremely hyped for the new 1,700 piece Destiny’s Bounty?

I'm sure some people are but they talk about it on the forum for ninjago. 

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Well, that reveal means the set reveals should arrive any day now

A polybag doesn't really have anything to do with the actual sets, they are a separate thing.

6 minutes ago, TurboTj-DK said:

Is the with stud to make Hedwig able to hold the broom, or what you guys think? IT* would look kind of funny 

Someone's gotta help with the cleaning one way or another :wink:

I like that polybag, good option for those who didn't get the advent calendar and although it's a third version of the great hall tables, I personally like that they keep updating figures and builds. 

Of all the sets to leak first... the polybag. 

Hope we get another 6-8 tables in this year’s advent calendar too! Need somewhere for all of those nearly identical Harry minifigs to sit. Meh. 

That's a fun little set and very versatile! It's nice of Lego to keep the youngest Harry available but I just remembered he'll be in the Privet Drive set as well. At least the short black legs are always useful, I've used loads of to create lots of other young students like Ginny, Colin Creevey. It's weird how there's no letter with the owl tho, Lego really need to find a piece that means you can attach the printed lego plates to an owl. 

Edit: do the cakes remind anyone else of the cakes Ron and Harry use to drug Crabbe and Goyle in the second film? I've had those potential figures on my mind a lot so it was the first thing I thought of :grin:. There's probably no connection at all. 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That's a fun little set and very versatile! It's nice of Lego to keep the youngest Harry available but I just remembered he'll be in the Privet Drive set as well. At least the short black legs are always useful, I've used loads of to create lots of other young students like Ginny, Colin Creevey. It's weird how there's no letter with the owl tho, Lego really need to find a piece that means you can attach the printed lego plates to an owl. 

Just realised, there's lots of legs available for creating custom 1st/2nd year figures, and for custom 5th+ year figures, but it's gonna be hard to create custom 3rd/4th year figures since currently medium legs are unique to this theme... I'm curious how they'll approach Luna and Ginny who are a year younger. I think we've discussed it for Luna before, that they make her the same size just for consistency, but I'd find it harder for that to be justified with Ginny. Put it this way, I forget Luna's a year younger but I never forget Ginny's a year younger than the trio.

Like I said earlier the Harry figure is the only disappointing thing about this polybag. It would've been awesome if instead of Harry it was just a generic non-Gryffindor student reusing one of the other House sweaters. Imo it wouldn't even matter if that would make Hedwig feel out of place. I love this polybag but I'm getting sick of Harry figures and Gryffindor sweaters...

Can anyone validate that "brickmerge.de" is legit? 
They have a Harry potter set with number 71045, is it the brickheads?

No pic just numbers on the sets we know and then that one^

Edited by TurboTj-DK

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Just realised, there's lots of legs available for creating custom 1st/2nd year figures, and for custom 5th+ year figures, but it's gonna be hard to create custom 3rd/4th year figures since currently medium legs are unique to this theme... I'm curious how they'll approach Luna and Ginny who are a year younger. I think we've discussed it for Luna before, that they make her the same size just for consistency, but I'd find it harder for that to be justified with Ginny. Put it this way, I forget Luna's a year younger but I never forget Ginny's a year younger than the trio.

Medium legs aren't exclusive to this theme, they were only first introduced in HP. Luna has normal legs, we've seen both of her figures leak

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the polybag. We already had the great hall set and the Advent calendar, did we need more great hall stuff? This reboot has as many GH tables outside of the GH set as we had in the first decade of the theme. It's a nice way for kids who can't afford the great hall set to have some bits to help them make their own but didn't we already get that with the advent calendar? This would be a cool polybag to release after the Great Hall is retired and before LEGO is ready to make another one. But it's not a great time for it right now. 

If LEGO wanted to make a polybag to feature the new Hedwig then I think they should've made an Owlery polybag. The owlery has only been made once in the reboot and I think it could use some expansion (plus the WW set will almost certainly be retiring soon while the Great Hall might last a bit longer). Include a small perch for Hedwig and then a small table and quill for Harry (with the table being bigger and more detailed than the single brick table in the WW owlery, similar to the table build in the smaller room of Hagrid's hut). If the goal of the polybag was to keep the broom piece in an affordable set then they should've made a remake of the broom cart set (7411) minus the Draco figure. 

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It's weird how there's no letter with the owl tho, Lego really need to find a piece that means you can attach the printed lego plates to an owl. 

Its accurate for the scene, where this polybag is based off:

The only figure of Ginny we know we're getting is from the burrow set. She will already be a fifth year at that point so she will have normal legs.

Does anyone know how much the polybag will cost? I know they're normally 5 dollars but this one seems to be more substantial than the usual ones.

It’s a very nice little polybag, I really like that this new Hedwig will be that easy to get. That being said, I would have preferred literally any other minifigure, even any other variant of Harry. But whatever, it’s still a cool polybag

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Lego really need to find a piece that means you can attach the printed lego plates to an owl.

I feel like one of these wouldn't look too bad to create the impression of it hanging from their feet.

36841.png

Edited by Zepthire

Just now, Brick Guru said:

Does anyone know how much the polybag will cost? I know they're normally 5 dollars but this one seems to be more substantial than the usual ones.

5 euro

2 minutes ago, TurboTj-DK said:

Can anyone validate that "brickmerge.de" is legit? 
They have a Harry potter set with number 71045, is it the brickheads?

The Brickheadz are 40412 (Hagrid and Buckbeak) and 40419 (Hogwarts students)

Just now, Zepthire said:

I feel like one of these wouldn't look too bad to create the impression of it hanging from their feet.

36841.png

You can also use a 1x1 round stud w/hole and a round plate with bar 1L sticking out the bottom of the owl to attach a letter tile. 

Setnumber 71045 is in line of the D2C sets but that would contradict the current rumors about DA (and D2C sets can have setnumbers within their own themes as proven by the Jurassic Park set)

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Like I said earlier the Harry figure is the only disappointing thing about this polybag. It would've been awesome if instead of Harry it was just a generic non-Gryffindor student reusing one of the other House sweaters. Imo it wouldn't even matter if that would make Hedwig feel out of place. I love this polybag but I'm getting sick of Harry figures and Gryffindor sweaters...

I'm not sure as many people would buy it if it didn't have Harry though. Maybe I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Medium legs aren't exclusive to this theme, they were only first introduced in HP. Luna has normal legs, we've seen both of her figures leak

Oh ok I didn't realise that. Yeah that's what I was meaning, I should've been clearer and not mentioned Luna - I was more wondering about Ginny.

7 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The only figure of Ginny we know we're getting is from the burrow set. She will already be a fifth year at that point so she will have normal legs.

Oh of course. Duh.

11 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

If LEGO wanted to make a polybag to feature the new Hedwig then I think they should've made an Owlery polybag. The owlery has only been made once in the reboot and I think it could use some expansion (plus the WW set will almost certainly be retiring soon while the Great Hall might last a bit longer). Include a small perch for Hedwig and then a small table and quill for Harry (with the table being bigger and more detailed than the single brick table in the WW owlery, similar to the table build in the smaller room of Hagrid's hut). If the goal of the polybag was to keep the broom piece in an affordable set then they should've made a remake of the broom cart set (7411) minus the Draco figure. 

I would love an owlery. It would make a nice smallish Hogwarts set actually. Could add tons of owls too!

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Setnumber 71045 is in line of the D2C sets but that would contradict the current rumors about DA (and D2C sets can have setnumbers within their own themes as proven by the Jurassic Park set)

Exactly. The only source I‘ve seen that attached the D2C to 71045 rather than 76978 was that would-be leaker on IG. I think brickmerge got it from there

I'm not sure as many people would buy it if it didn't have Harry though. Maybe I'm wrong.

Just look at the past 2 (almost 3) years of comments in these Harry Potter threads. One of the most common complaints is LEGO overusing Gryffindor. If the figure in this polybag was from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin the sales for this poly would increase tenfold.