Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Idk if it has been mentioned yet but it looks like Slugclub Harry uses the exact same face as the CMF figure

Far as i know the CMF uses the exact same face as 2019 sets.

Idk if it has been mentioned yet but it looks like Slugclub Harry uses the exact same face as the CMF figure

Or more accurately, every Harry face has been the same between prisoner of Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince.

Just now, deskp said:

Far as i know the CMF uses the exact same face as 2019 sets.

Completely forgot about the PoA and GoF heads not being the same, GoF is the same as Slugclub and CMF 

Just now, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Or more accurately, every Harry face has been the same between prisoner of Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince.

The HBP face is a reuse from GoF, it's not the same as the PoA head. GoF/HBP has a smirk and annoyed look, PoA has a smirk and a scared expression

The HBP face is a reuse from GoF, it's not the same as the PoA head. GoF/HBP has a smirk and annoyed look, PoA has a smirk and a scared expression

I think you're confusing things with the Hogwarts express using movie 2 figues.

Just now, deskp said:

I think you're confusing things with the Hogwarts express using movie 2 figues.

Ugh, you're right again *huh* These small inconsistencies are too much for me to properly keep track of

Ugh, you're right again *huh* These small inconsistencies are too much for me to properly keep track of

I just hope Ron has a NEW more serious mature face in the cmf. his two current expressions are a bit too cartoony for my liking.  and the first cmf face is a bit daft.

Just now, deskp said:

I just hope Ron has a NEW more serious mature face in the cmf. his two current expressions are a bit too cartoony for my liking.  and the first cmf face is a bit daft.

The only version of Ron I can see popping up in the CMF is CoS Crabbe, Quidditch just isn't likely imo

Does anyone know if Rey's face has an alternative face? Perhaps if it has a smile it might be less awful.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Does anyone know if Rey's face has an alternative face? Perhaps if it has a smile it might be less awful.

I assumed it was given that that was an alternate face, but that was just me guessing. I'm not actually sure what a Rey minifig looks like!

Just now, UKFan922 said:

It would've been really easy to find yourself but here you go:

3626cpb1419.jpg?1

It's literally one of the worst faces they could've chosen for Lavender

At least it’s not as horrid as Fleur’s :tongue: But yeah, bad choice still.

Edited by Otherworld

3626cpb1419.jpg?1

No need for the pointed tone. It doesn't look bad to me - reminds me of the early 2000s Hermione. 

Just now, UKFan922 said:

No need for the pointed tone. It doesn't look bad to me - reminds me of the early 2000s Hermione. 

It's not a bad face, it just doesn't fit Lavender at all

Wow, I really don't like these two. Ron keeps getting the short end of the stick, he really deserves a new hair piece like Harry and Hermione got at this point. And now his arms, I guess we'll just have to wait for the day it comes duel molded in the right colour.

For Lavender, man I hate this figure. The torso looks fine but that's all I have to say about her. Still I wished they went for the one with yellow sleeves. Either way the face choice is terrible, probably the worst choice I've ever seen. Luckily there are a few pieces that could work. First there are Alice and Ariel, but the lips are too red for my taste. Queenie works really well, I prefer the cmf one as her eyes are open. But my personal favourite choice is Dorothy. The hair is probably the worst part, I'm sure she will get a bow otherwise what's the use, so that would be a little bit better, but it's still way too flat. The legs are also not really what I hoped for (even assuming she has a cloth skirt). She needs a different shade of purple, I think a slightly lighter shade would've been better but the available colours are pretty limited. Actually I think the original purple that's used on the yellow dumbledore would've been perfect, but that's a discontinued colour I believe. Did they ever make the piece without printing?

I just hope she's in the cmf series with a new hair piece and the yellow arms, kinda a wasted spot, but it's the only way to get a good looking variant.

While this new iteration of HP is incredible (I've even seen many non-fans comment on the quality/car put into it) and this year is shaping up to be the best one yet IMO, it seems that there are always going to be disappointments - Seamus, Krum and now Lavender. It just makes me worried for the Dursleys, the Weasleys and Tonks. Like a few people have mentioned before, some priorities seem very mismanaged with this series - new patronus moulds, various versions of non-major characters, new prints for very minor characters like the Knight Bus guys over over making iconic and fan-favourite characters (who probably won't appear again) recognisable. :pir-look:

The astronomy tower has pretty disappointing figures overall. Only new torso prints with everything else reused, except for luna's legs which still feel odd in my opinion. This years budget definitely went to the other sets looking at Umbridge and the centaur. I guess it's because we are receiving so many figures at once that a few cuts had been made, oh well, can't have everything. I hope the AT build will at least stand out.

I suppose the AT figures being so lackluster means that they've put all their effort into the build, so hopefully it will still be a nice castle addition.

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The astronomy tower has pretty disappointing figures overall. Only new torso prints with everything else reused, except for luna's legs which still feel odd in my opinion. This years budget definitely went to the other sets looking at Umbridge and the centaur. I guess it's because we are receiving so many figures at once that a few cuts had been made, oh well, can't have everything. I hope the AT build will at least stand out.

I didn't quite realise till the other day what the Astronomy Tower actually was, and what a unique shape it is. I was expecting it to be similar to the tower by the Great Hall but wider, but it's super different, so will probably look really interesting. How tall do you guys think they'll make it?

I'm hoping they do that courtyard with the square towers around it at some point. I'm not sure what they're called (if anyone knows feel free to let me know!), but they're at the front of this photo (ironically a Lego MOC)

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-30884/Playwell Bricks/hogwarts-castle-71043-epic-extension/#comments

I think they look really elegant with lots of opportunity for texture and interesting building techniques, and the courtyard would allow for a deeper build. They'd also have lots of room inside for classrooms that we're still missing.

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 minute ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I suppose the AT figures being so lackluster means that they've put all their effort into the build, so hopefully it will still be a nice castle addition.

I sure hope so, I was really looking forward to this set but the minifigures have been fairly disappointing so far

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

I didn't quite realise till the other day what the Astronomy Tower actually was, and what a unique shape it is. I was expecting it to be similar to the tower by the Great Hall but wider, but it's super different, so will probably look really interesting. How tall do you guys think they'll make it?

I'm hoping they do that courtyard with the square towers around it. I'm not sure what they're called (if anyone knows feel free to let me know!), but they're at the front of this photo (ironically a Lego MOC)

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-30884/Playwell Bricks/hogwarts-castle-71043-epic-extension/#comments

I think they look really elegant with lots of opportunity for texture and interesting building techniques, and the courtyard would allow for a deeper build. They'd also have lots of room inside for classrooms that we're still missing.

Including that courtyard with the surrounding structures would triple the price

The towers you mentioned are the Belltowers

I sure hope so, I was really looking forward to this set but the minifigures have been fairly disappointing so far

Including that courtyard with the surrounding structures would triple the price

I edited my post to make this clear after you'd started typing it seems - I meant eventually, at some point, if they continue doing Hogwarts modulars. Not as part of the Astronomy Tower.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Yeah it does feel really strange how large the disparity is.

Some figures gets more attention that necessary.

While others gets less than necessary.

I'd be an advocate for  doing  2 different characters on one head, instead of 2 expressions. when it comes with smaller characters. to get the most value for budget.

Like Greaves/Grindlewald,   Moody/Barty Jr.       

I know the reason they did that to those. but it would work great for non morphing characters too.   its better to get a new face  with a different character on the back. than no new face at all.

After this year we have 3 different heads exclusively for Luna, shes an example where one side could have been sacrificed for   example to Lavender.

Though i would have recomended doing Male on one side and Female on other side in those cases. JUST to avoid people putting the wrong face forward. (so annoying when reviewers use the wrong faces)

Just now, deskp said:

JUST to avoid people putting the wrong face forward. (so annoying when reviewers use the wrong faces)

Painfull flashback to the first photo we saw of Graves/Grindelwald

Harry Potter collectable minifigures revealed

19 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

While this new iteration of HP is incredible (I've even seen many non-fans comment on the quality/car put into it) and this year is shaping up to be the best one yet IMO, it seems that there are always going toIt just makes me worried for the Dursleys, the Weasleys and Tonks.

Oh no... Yikes! I’m afraid of finding out what they’ll come up with *huh*

All in all, the builds since this reboot have pretty much been unbeatable, I’ve loved them all. Accurate, detailed, etc.

The figures have been very good as well (new characters and variants!) but of course the CMFs (series 1 and what we have seen from 2) have been the stars. Seeing a good figure leak sets my expectations high for the next one, until they pull a Krum/Bellatrix/Lavender. So it’s like a rollercoaster of Woah! - meh - Woah!

While I do not miss the sets from 2010-2011 AT ALL, I certainly miss the amazement of character introduction in sets. But I get it, the budget was managed differently back then. We now have better builds, more characters, CMFs, advent calendars, etc. I guess I will never forget the moment the burrow was revealed back then :laugh: Those brand new figs!

37 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

It just makes me worried for the Dursleys, the Weasleys and Tonks. 

I don't know what to expect when it comes to Tonks and the Weasleys but for the Dursleys I'm expecting 3 new torso's, 2 new faces, a reused face for Dudley, no new hairpieces and unprinted legs on all of them