Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

For Friends I think its a stylistic decision to fit bows and other accessories in. For minifigures I think its when hairpieces need a certain level of intricacy that could otherwise couldn't be captured by plastic moulding, or when the piece needs a certain level of flexibility to fit around a minifigure head. An example of this is in the last Disney cmf series, where the Elsa and Anna figures both had braids which need to wrap around their heads and over their torso, where rubber is preferable as it has the flexibility to do that. 

Just now, SideSwept said:

Arguably, they allow more flexibility (literally) with other accessories and poses, and that might be more true with the minidoll figures specifically.

Ah that makes sense. Although with modern Lego I don't think intricacy is an excuse! But the flexibility I understand now. Thank you again

I'll probably end up using Lavenders hairpiece on Hermione. Ever since the Dimensions Hermione, I've liked that color much better for her than the brown.

I'm sure I can dig up a much more suitable hairpiece for Lavender.

SO that weird aqua?? color on rons torso we dont have dual molded arms for right?

But what about the color of his  shirt detail? that light blue, could dual molded arms in that color work for him, if they exist?

Wow, these are trash! 

I doubt the lavender figure is complete though. I'm sure it will look better when LEGO adds a skirt and bow. I really wish her dress was printed though. If it was a cost cutting measure then they should've printed Lavender's dress and given Luna the awkward paper dress since her costume is meant to be strange. If this is the complete lavender figure though I will be quite disappointed. 

Ron definitely is trash though. If they couldn't afford to give him dual mounded arms they shouldn't have bothered attempting to make the T-Shirt. Either repeat the sweater variant from the burrow (Not sure if he wore that at Hogwarts but at least it would be a costume he wore in the film unlike the long sleeve thing LEGO has given him) or give just him Hogwarts robes. Plus they could've used the budget from the new print elsewhere.

I was sure that LEGO would only make 1 variant of Ron in this shirt, either with or without a sweater but I certainly hope I was wrong. I'll be very disappointed if this inaccurate figure is also included in the Burrow. 

Just now, deskp said:

SO that weird aqua?? color on rons torso we dont have dual molded arms for right?

But what about the color of his  shirt detail? that light blue, could dual molded arms in that color work for him, if they exist?

We have an assortment of Blues/Greens in dual-molded light flesh arms (short-sleeves), but none that I know of that are dark turquoise. I’m sure you could use something lighter, but it would look off imo. 

I had thought this hair recolored would have been great for Lavender.  The friends hairpieces looks so flat, no volume.

LEGO-Movie-2-71023-Collectible-Minifigurimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCzKcBc8VKXxEtoxmopV4

Just now, SideSwept said:

We have an assortment of Blues/Greens in dual-molded light flesh arms (short-sleeves), but none that I know of that are dark turquoise. I’m sure you could use something lighter, but it would look off imo. 

Surely less off than what we have now?

Edited by deskp

The lavender figure looks like Kate Winslet.

also there’s dual moulded arms in dark azure, but that doesn’t fit any of the colours on Ron’s torso

The face print feels very generic for Lavender. Especially given her loud, abrasive character. I think she would benefit from either a skirt print or leg printing.

Just now, deskp said:

Surely less off than what we have now?

Hard to say, I’m not even 100% sure on the color of his torso, given we’re going off of very limited photos. 

Certainly worth giving it a shot. 

By the way, if I recall correctly, these outfits were from HBP, specifically a scene after Gryffindor’s quidditch victory where Ron and Lavender first get together, so these are both outfits they wore at the castle. 

That Lavender is yikes. She's probably the single most exaggerated character in the series, and yet they have her such a bored face. I would've gladly sacrificed, say, Umbridge's new head for a new design on Lavender. (Even iff it had to be a reused print, I think Queenie's head would've worked far better)

Honestly, though, I think Ron looks great. I mean, of course short sleeves would've looked better, but I don't get why you're all acting like it ruins the figure not having them. It's a good print.

Honestly I wished they didn’t give us the otter and hare patroni and instead gave us an accurate hairpiece and head for Lavender. The Stag patronus was the only one worth making because it was Harry’s and it was part of an iconic scene. The other two have a second screen time. Sure Ron’s shirt not being dual molded is not ideal but I still love the color on it and is a decent representation. 

Just now, Tariq j said:

The face print feels very generic for Lavender. Especially given her loud, abrasive character. I think she would benefit from either a skirt print or leg printing.

All of this hooplah around Lavender’s face is honestly fitting considering the fact that in the first two or three movies she was portrayed by a black actress, and later recast with a white actress prior to her relationship with Ron.

4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Honestly, though, I think Ron looks great. I mean, of course short sleeves would've looked better, but I don't get why you're all acting like it ruins the figure not having them. It's a good print.

I agree. Personally, I think the HBP film is a rather terrible adaptation; therefore, I don't care much for the outfits to be completely screen accurate as far as they look good and the characters are recognizable. I understand, however, that some of you probably want them to be as screen accurate as possible. Lavender is a trainwreck, though. I really hope that she gets a skirt and a bow...

Edited by thenudeorganist

I my opinion, Lavender is okey, but I think the hairpiece could have been better. For me the hairpiece they used in the lego Harry Potter years 5-7 game is still one of the best for her. I think it was first introduced in one of the minifig series.

I also don’t get the hate for Ron...the figure looks fine and yes dual molding would’ve been perfect but the print still looks great. Lavender’s torso is good and I’m fine with the hair choice, but that face is awful. She really needed a new one or after least a better reuse than Rey’s. Hopefully she has a skirt. I understand why they reuse face prints but I don’t get why they can’t reuse a more accurate face. Even the Jyn Erso/Black Widow/Mera/Vicki Vale face would look better on Lavender than Rey’s. 

Just now, hoiharry said:

I my opinion, Lavender is okey, but I think the hairpiece could have been better. For me the hairpiece they used in the lego Harry Potter years 5-7 game is still one of the best for her. I think it was first introduced in one of the minifig series.

It's a fairly generic hairpiece but the version we see in the game (with the bow) does not exist

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's a fairly generic hairpiece but the version we see in the game (with the bow) does not exist

I know, I was talking about the same hairpiece but without the bow.

Woah, that Queenie face someone suggested is very accurate for Lavender! I might have to get it. Also, I had thought about Dorothy’s hairpiece being recolored too, but my hopeful self thought “Nah, they will come up with something better” :laugh: In all seriousness though, queenie’s face and a recolored Dorothy hair (with maybe pink bows) would’ve made a very acccurate Lavender.

Oh well, maybe she will get a ribbon and hopefully, some sort of skirt. But she’s probably doomed :jollyroger: Maybe the rest of the minfigures will turn out better. 

Ron of course, would’ve looked better with dual molded arms, but I still like his torso.

Edited by Otherworld

33 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

(Even iff it had to be a reused print, I think Queenie's head would've worked far better)

I agree :thumbup: Sure, using the same face for two unrelated characters in the same franchise would be somewhat silly, but these two characters didn‘t coexist at the same time anyway (or at least at vastly different ages, that is if Queenie actually survives the events of the FB series). And it‘s not like that ever stopped TLG before *squints at the Marvel theme* :head_back:

From what I can tell the hair is a recolor?  

if so they had the budget to recolor ANY hair piece.

if it HAD to be one that fits a bow how about this? more volume

frnd299.jpg

(sidebar: I would like to see how this looks on snape, curious)

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I agree :thumbup: Sure, using the same face for two unrelated characters in the same franchise would be somewhat silly, but these two characters didn‘t coexist at the same time anyway (or at least at vastly different ages, that is if Queenie actually survives the events of the FB series). And it‘s not like that ever stopped TLG before *squints at the Marvel theme* :head_back:

That face is no longer in production.

Edited by deskp

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

75937 Triceratops Rampage disagrees :tongue:

oh, oopsie.

Then i guess perhaps lego is planning on not keeping it in production after that set. :drunk:

Just now, deskp said:

oh, oopsie.

Then i guess perhaps lego is planning on not keeping it in production after that set. :drunk:

Even if it doesn't come in any sets this year, I wouldn't take it as a guarantee that it won't pop up eventually. The Carina Smyth head from the Silent Mary went unused for almost 2½ years, but now it's used on Hermione, Pepper Potts, etc.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Even if it doesn't come in any sets this year, I wouldn't take it as a guarantee that it won't pop up eventually. The Carina Smyth head from the Silent Mary went unused for almost 2½ years, but now it's used on Hermione, Pepper Potts, etc.

that set was released in 2017 when did it retire 2018? 2019?