Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

I've had $320 set aside for the June minifigure scale sets for a few months now. Now that everything is online I'm not sure where to buy these from. Last year I bought everything from B&N (which gave me a 10% discount) but this year I'm not sure. Will these be available at all the usual retailers or just the LEGO store? 

All non-D2C will be available outside of the LEGO store, although we have a hunch Burrow may be a retailer exclusive. The D2C will be LEGO S@H/store only for a while then will likely come to a select few stores after quite a while.

Edited by sammy_zammy

I have roughly 350 euros saved up for this upcoming wave and I can't decide if I want to go all out on the retail sets or just not get them and wait for the D2C.

Please help me lol

Edited by Thieda

Just now, Thieda said:

I have roughly 350 euros saved up for this upcoming wave and I can't decide if I want to go all out on the retail sets or just not get them and wait for the D2C.

There are two ways you could look at it. On an extremely limited budget, I would always say “get the most expensive first” because you may not be able to save up that much again during the set’s shelf life, and it’s easier to save less at a time for each of the other sets afterwards. On the flip side, the D2C will have a much longer shelf life than the smaller sets so you have more time to get it once you collect all the others. It really depends on your own situation. In earlier stages of my life, the first option worked better since I was making less money, so I would save up for the most expensive set on my list, and then after that I would save smaller amounts and get the others one by one. Nowadays, since I’m not working a minimum wage job anymore, it’s easier for me to get a full wave when it comes out (if I can, sometimes I have to get them in chunks) and then save up for the D2C. Plus that way, I can use the VIP points from all the other sets for the D2C

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There are two ways you could look at it. On an extremely limited budget, I would always say “get the most expensive first” because you may not be able to save up that much again during the set’s shelf life, and it’s easier to save less at a time for each of the other sets afterwards. On the flip side, the D2C will have a much longer shelf life than the smaller sets so you have more time to get it once you collect all the others. It really depends on your own situation. In earlier stages of my life, the first option worked better since I was making less money, so I would save up for the most expensive set on my list, and then after that I would save smaller amounts and get the others one by one. Nowadays, since I’m not working a minimum wage job anymore, it’s easier for me to get a full wave when it comes out (if I can, sometimes I have to get them in chunks) and then save up for the D2C. Plus that way, I can use the VIP points from all the other sets for the D2C

That is a good way of thinking about it. Also, with the VIP points, if you save up for the large set you'll be able to make the most of any double points offer.

I can't afford to get either all the sets at once or the large set at the start, so I like to gradually save up for the smaller sets, waiting for any of them to come on offer, and also simultanesouly save up for the larger set (obviously meaning I'll get both sets slightly more slowly as I'm still saving the same amount per time period). That way I have the smaller stes to tide me over until the larger set, but also not spending a whole lot at once buying either the large or many of the smaller simulatensously.

I'll be honest here, I've never ordered anything from LEGO before. I know you can get VIP points from doing surveys and buying sets. I'm probably just missing something but I can't figure out how many VIP points you get per set. 

I'll be honest here, I've never ordered anything from LEGO before. I know you can get VIP points from doing surveys and buying sets. I'm probably just missing something but I can't figure out how many VIP points you get per set. 

Once you go to check-out, it tells you how many points you earn with your purchase :wink:

37 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The DA guy is now saying one of the alleged 14 minifigures is a statue. Maybe @Falconfan1414 can confirm or deny this guy’s legitimacy? If not, I guess we’ll find out soon enough

I’d trust jedijacpenguin over some rando on IG any day :tongue:

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That printing is fantastic, although I'd prefer them to use the skirt piece (material one like Luna or Cho from CMF).

I hate those fabric skirts, glad it's printing

35 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The DA guy is now saying one of the alleged 14 minifigures is a statue. Maybe @Falconfan1414 can confirm or deny this guy’s legitimacy? If not, I guess we’ll find out soon enough

Falconfan called him a ''reposter who turns small rumors and hints into fake information'' when he put MoM info out there so it's definetely fake

30 minutes ago, Thieda said:

I'd go for the sets, besides the D2C having a much longer shelftime it will also be more discounted if you wait long enough. Even 10% saves you 40 euro (or 45 considering LEGO prices sets like dumbasses)

The amount of points you get is listed at checkout, but I personally don't think it's worth it. I can get most sets for less at other stores than at lego with VIP points

Thing is- with £350, you can either get ALL the system scale sets of this year, or JUST the D2C which is available longer- that’d being said, I don’t know about you guys, but I find it easier to cobble together £20 than £350 haha, so once I’ve saved up, I’ll be purchasing Diagon Alley, and then making my way down the sets in terms of most expensive first- since smaller amounts of money are easier to save up for as @Balrogofmorgoth said. also Diagon Alley is my favourite location after hogwarts ?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Falconfan called him a ''reposter who turns small rumors and hints into fake information'' when he put MoM info out there so it's definetely fake

I see. I thought he was talking about the guy who originally started the MOM “rumor”, the ipaintminifigures guy

Only thing I've ever bought from the Lego Store is the Dragon Boat Race to use some VIP points, and I also got the Rise of Voldemort to make it free delivery - I'm not sure why I got that as well because I'd have probably saved the same amount by getting it elsewhere! I should've got another exclusive really. The VIP points came from Winter Village sets - we often get these from Lego as they don't come to other stores until after Christmas. I'll probably also get the Chinese New Year sets direct from Lego, and maybe Treehouse/Pirates of Barracuda Bay.

I'd say it's worth it for exclusives, especially if there's double points or a GWP that you like. But even those are probably cheaper elsewhere if you wait for them to be non-exclusive.

For non-exclusives, the 5% you get back in VIP points definitely isn't worth it if you don't mind waiting for an offer elsewhere - my general rule for the Harry Potter ones right now is 30% off and I'll get it. If there's a good Harry Potter GWP like 2018 then I'll consider buying one of this year's sets, or one that I mention above.

Sometimes the Lego Black Friday deals are okay though.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Ok I chime in. Look at the guys previous track record. He tried to get away with posting some other info but when he was question and doubted it changed to “predictions”, frankly most of the account is predictions so take it as you may

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok I chime in. Look at the guys previous track record. He tried to get away with posting some other info but when he was question and doubted it changed to “predictions”, frankly most of the account is predictions so take it as you may

Thanks for the clarification 

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

Only thing I've ever bought from the Lego Store is the Dragon Boat Race to use some VIP points, and I also got the Rise of Voldemort to make it free delivery - I'm not sure why I got that as well because I'd have probably saved the same amount by getting it elsewhere! I should've got another exclusive really. The VIP points came from Winter Village sets - we often get these from Lego as they don't come to other stores until after Christmas. I'll probably also get the Chinese New Year sets direct from Lego, and maybe Treehouse/Pirates of Barracuda Bay.

I'd say it's worth it for exclusives, especially if there's double points or a GWP that you like. But even those are probably cheaper elsewhere if you wait for them to be non-exclusive.

For non-exclusives, the 5% you get back in VIP points definitely isn't worth it if you don't mind waiting for an offer elsewhere - my general rule for the Harry Potter ones right now is 30% off and I'll get it. If there's a good Harry Potter GWP like 2018 then I'll consider buying one of this year's sets, or one that I mention above.

Sometimes the Lego Black Friday deals are okay though.

Right, obviously the VIP points are only if you buy directly from Lego. Sometimes it is definitely cheaper to buy from other retailers

Just now, Sir Godric said:

Do you think there will be a LEGO store exclusive HP set like the DA microscale Set last year?

Maybe, perhaps to promote DA. That wasn't last year though, it was towards the end of 2018.

Also remember it wasn't a LEGO store exclusive, it was a GWP - you couldn't just buy it.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Maybe, perhaps to promote DA. That wasn't last year though, it was towards the end of 2018.

Also remember it wasn't a LEGO store exclusive, it was a GWP - you couldn't just buy it.

It’ll be interesting to see if something like that pops up this year, same with a polybag. I think a polybag was confirmed but it was on April 1st so I’m still not sure if it was legit or a joke

23 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Yess i meant that you just could get it in the LEGO stores.

5 hours ago, AdriWho said:

Luna is just fine, I would rather use Minnie's or Poppy's skirt piece since her outfit is shaped like a bell, but hey, it's another new figure :D

That's exactly what I was thinking, I think it just looks really flat when it's all printed like that. Plus I think the face print is still a little bland looking. I thought this about the CMF luna though.

Now that the burrow seems to be confirmed, I just want to point out again that I really hope for a flame piece in a transparent green color for the floo network! :wub:

Which one would you guys prefer for that, trans green oder trans bright green?

Just now, 8fifty said:

Now that the burrow seems to be confirmed, I just want to point out again that I really hope for a flame piece in a transparent green color for the floo network! :wub:

I'd say trans green, and hope on a part that thin it turns out somewhere between the two!

Just now, 8fifty said:

I'd say trans bright green is close enough. Trans green in a little dark and trans neon green a bit yellow.

Edited by BacktoBricks

14 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I'd say trans green, and hope on a part that thin it turns out somewhere between the two!

That would look quite nice! Though I think it would turn out to be the regular flame piece we get in almost all fireplaces.

14 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'd say trans bright green is close enough. Trans green in a little dark and trans neon green a bit yellow.

That's exactly what I think. I could also live with trans green if it prevents us from getting a sticker like last time :head_back:

5 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

That would look quite nice! Though I think it would turn out to be the regular flame piece we get in almost all fireplaces.

That's exactly what I think. I could also live with trans green if it prevents us from getting a sticker like last time :head_back:

Hang on. Trans green flame pieces already exist...?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Hang on. Trans green flame pieces already exist...?

Yes and no. 6126 already exists in trans green, that's what you said. The piece that I mean is 64647 which doesn't. In set 4840 they indeed used 64647 - but just in a transparent orange for the regular chimney fire. The floo powder flames were represented by two simple stickers (click me).

2 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Yeah, I kinda feel the same, I remember Tonks with the pink hair and so that's what I'd prefer to see. But that's just my opinion, I can see why people would prefer screen accuracy - but how can any scene be screen accurate if not every person that's in a given scene is represented in the set for that scene!?

I totally get you, we've two waves to catch up on of Harry Potter and then there's immediately this one! But remember these sets will be around for a while, especially the D2C - there's no rush to get it in 2020 or even 2021 (as you said). Also 2019 didn't have a Harry Potter D2C so 2021 may be slightly less overwhelming. I think I'll get all the 2018/19 sets I want before starting on these, but maybe buy one of this year's - you could do similar and get the Burrow. It'll likely be on offer fairly quickly, especially towards Christmas (both 2018 and 2019's sets had good offers at the end of their release year so the fact they're new doesn't stop disounts). DA will also be on discount eventually when it comes to other shops.

Don't stress about the treehouse, it's still gonna be around for a while!

Even if you do miss out, there's always Bricklink. No need to stress :)

I feel the same, if not all is screen accurate then i prefer they make the most iconic one. I actually was little disappointet that we will get Bellatrix in the burrow and cmf. I prefer to get as many different charachters as possibly like the little more odd one like Bellatrix, Tonks, Umbridge, madame Maxime, Slughorn etc. Than multiplies of them like now. For me it's like they taking some others charachters place when we get multiplies.

I know, i should have some patience and save up for black friday to get the Hogwarts castle and Treehouse. Bigger sets are not avaible in that many stores in my country. But great hall and hogwarts express will be around for a while. I don't know why i'm that stressed.. haha! I will sell parisian in autumn, i relised that wasen't my type of lego, good for my wallet!

I can use bricklink.. but it's almost more expensive then buy it when it's avaible.. I hope to found great hall for sale in summer and it will stay for one more year.. It's seems to be a great set to get many good pieces for a Hogwarts moc. I hope that Astronomy tower will be the same with good pieces to a moc and maybe buy multiples of them both when it's on offer. The day i've all of them expensive sets..

Astronomy tower is the set i most excited over to see! And then the burrow. And I hope we don't get another car in private drive.