Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I know I'm not in the majority but I'm SO GLAD we're getting both Privet Drive and the Burrow this year.

My wallet, well...not so much.

But who cares right? Thankfully there isn't a 400€ must have of Diagon Alley incoming too...

And the Astronomy Tower

...?

1 hour ago, Jellybean13 said:

I’m new here. But, do you think there will be a new Diagon Alley set coming out as well? Is this more than a rumor? 

There will indeed be a $400,- Diagon Alley D2C.

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also it does make sense that Ron comes in the Burrow even if it’s just to balance out the plethora of Hermione figs included in this wave. Odd that he’ll only be in the two £100ish sets tho (as far as we know) but then there is the Inevitable CMF version too 

You're forgetting about the Ron in Privet Drive. Although that's of course not year 5/6.

29 minutes ago, Jellybean13 said:

When does LEGO officially announce the release of the new sets? A week or two before they come out? 

That varies from theme to theme. Last year, the June wave of HP was announced 25th April. Guess it would be around the same time this year, but there is absolutely no guarantee. 

So June:

the burrow 

grawp 

astronomy tower 

privet drive

hedwig 

the room of requirement 

August:

Diagon Alley 

CMF 

Advent calendar 

is there anything else besides brickheadz, because someone mentioned 3 sets coming in August but they may have included the CMF 

2 hours ago, SupesBatsy said:

I know I'm not in the majority but I'm SO GLAD we're getting both Privet Drive and the Burrow this year.

My wallet, well...not so much.

...?

You're not in the majority? The majority doesn't want these two sets? The only negatives I've seen are people just confused about the timing of the Privet Drive set because it breaks the two movies per year trend, but I don't think people are unhappy about its existence.

Now I hope we get Malfoy Manor, the Lovegood house and Shell Cottage to complete the Harry Potter homes that matter collection!

6 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Now I hope we get Malfoy Manor, the Lovegood house and Shell Cottage to complete the Harry Potter homes that matter collection!

12 Grimmauld Place is probably the third most important HP house since it appeared in multiple books. It would be challenging to do in LEGO though. 

7 hours ago, autolycus said:

Not a 2020 set, but I'm starting to worry that I've missed the couple of very short windows to get the 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall at a discount. I assume it's going to retire this year, and now suspect that a lot of sets are going to be out of stock much earlier than normal for retiring sets because of the weird distribution issues and surge in set buying thanks to covid-19. It's been out of stock everywhere in the US for at least 2-3 weeks now. I'm hoping maybe it's such a popular set, and that Lego considers it so integral to the line that they make sure it's around and in stock in a little longer. Thankfully the Great Hall is the only 2018 set I don't have yet. I'm in good shape on the 2019 sets, needing just Hagrid's Hut and the Clock Tower.

Anybody with an inside scoop on future restocks, retirement expectations, etc.? I assume all of the 2018 sets that haven't retired yet will in 2020? But will the Great Hall be restocked most places, or is it likely already done for? I'm worrying over nothing, probably, right?

The other sets I'm a little worried about are some Ideas sets and the Roller Coaster. I still need Assembly Square also, but I can't imagine that one being done already. Yes, I can't help it, I'm constantly behind a year! It usually works out ok though because I get many of my large sets on discount on May 4 and Black Friday! :)

I'd be a bit worried. They won't make what retailers won't stock. And while it's a popular set, a store like Target isn't going to make a display with 4-5 Harry Potter lego sets around $100. So they're not going to have the Great Hall, Clock Tower, Astronomy Tower, Privat Drive, and The Burrows. They want a few sets under $50 a few mid level sets, and a few premium sets.

29 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

12 Grimmauld Place is probably the third most important HP house since it appeared in multiple books. It would be challenging to do in LEGO though. 

Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting something. Honestly Shell Cottage isn't so important so I'd definitely prefer Grimmauld place. They'd run into a scale issue with it to do it properly, since to get in three floors and a basement it'd turn out nearly as tall as the clock tower, I reckon. But anything is theoretically possible to do in a facade and interior style.

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

From luckybricks on Instagram 

75980: Attack on the Burrow 

$100 1047 pieces

Minifigures: Bellatrix, Greyback, Tonks, Harry, Arthur Weasley, Molly Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley

I think in June I will get the Hogwarts express, the Burrow and one of the smaller sets if they are good. 

5 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Oh man I really really really hope there’s an OotP Tonks in the CMF as well as the minifigure in the Burrow.

I’m hoping so as well, I think her OotP and HBP looks are more than different enough to warrant getting them both. Plus, if they give us OotP Tonks then we’ll have all the characters we need for that movie’s escape from Privet Drive. (And whole her HBP design is good, I’m far too enamored with the thought of pink and purple hairpieces to not wish for OotP Tonks as well). 

I'm glad we're finally getting Ginny I just hope that her outfit isn't the bathroom rope that she wears during this scene.In the first burrow set she's wearing normal clothes so that might be the case this time around.

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m hoping so as well, I think her OotP and HBP looks are more than different enough to warrant getting them both. Plus, if they give us OotP Tonks then we’ll have all the characters we need for that movie’s escape from Privet Drive. (And whole her HBP design is good, I’m far too enamored with the thought of pink and purple hairpieces to not wish for OotP Tonks as well). 

That’s a great idea! I hadn’t thought of that. With Lupin and Mad-Eye from 2018 and Tonks and Kingsley this year we should have a pretty complete rescue force considering all the others were basically extras in the film 

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So with Burrow confirmed to be a June release, that gives us 6 sets in June and 3 sets in September with one of them having an August release date at retailers. So if there is a retailer store exclsuive, it's probably coming in June, not in August.

I would assume the Burrow is a retail exclusive since it was not on the toy fairs, but release at the same time:shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Would not surprise me at all:classic:

1047 pieces that is almost twice as much as the old one *huh* Now I am really predicting great things from the set :moar:

There will be pigs (at least one), maybe even some chickens and hopefully some owls. If Lego approves the ideas set "Untitled Goose Game", there might even be a goose :tongue:

5 hours ago, Legoniche said:

So June:

the burrow 

grawp 

astronomy tower 

privet drive

hedwig 

the room of requirement 

August:

Diagon Alley 

CMF 

Advent calendar 

is there anything else besides brickheadz, because someone mentioned 3 sets coming in August but they may have included the CMF 

Advent Calendar and Diagon Alley are coming in September. CMF also has an official release date at Lego in September, but retailers are getting it in August.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That printing is fantastic, although I'd prefer them to use the skirt piece (material one like Luna or Cho from CMF).

Luna looks great! Imo it's rather irritating that they are so inconsistent regarding using or not using cloth for skirts. I personally probably prefer without cloth.

5 hours ago, steam235 said:

That site lists the Great Hall as high risk of retiring.

I know, I literally said it in my post.

Luna is just fine, I would rather use Minnie's or Poppy's skirt piece since her outfit is shaped like a bell, but hey, it's another new figure :D

Just now, AdriWho said:

Luna is just fine, I would rather use Minnie's or Poppy's skirt piece since her outfit is shaped like a bell, but hey, it's another new figure :D

I forgot that they have those kinds of skirts too :D It would have been appropriate for Luna. 

Just now, thenudeorganist said:

I forgot that they have those kinds of skirts too :D It would have been appropriate for Luna. 

And for female hogwarts student uniforms too! Back when trolls was revealed that was my first thought