Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

New Slughorn, Harry, and Hermione figures are out. Seems Harry is wearing Slughorns outfit and Slughorn is wearing Harry’s. Not sure where the Hermione is from

Edited by Falconfan1414

New Harry, Slughorn, & Hermione leaked

Slughorn has his Bricktober face, but a new torso (which is on Harry). His hair also seems to lack the lighter printing on the sideburns, making it a new variant.

Harry and Hermione unfortunately don't get new faces this year, but Hermione's torso looks quite nice.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

New Slughorn, Harry, and Hermione figures are out. Seems Harry is wearing Slughorns outfit and Slughorn is wearing Harry’s. Not sure where the Hermione is from

Hermione is from the forbidden forest and yes the outfits from the two others are obviously changed :)

Groan, no leg print for slughorn.   Another robed character that now looks like its wearing a itty bitty jacket.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

New Harry, Slughorn, & Hermione leaked

Slughorn has his Bricktober face, but a new torso (which is on Harry). His hair also seems to lack the lighter printing on the sideburns, making it a new variant.

Harry and Hermione unfortunately don't get new faces this year, but Hermione's torso looks quite nice.

Wow, thanks for mentioning it. I just saw then, at first I was confused with Harry's torso, then I realised they mixed the torso and legs with Slughorn.

Nice prints for the outfits, and Hermione looks so much more like herself than recent depictions, good to see the proper frizzy hair and freckles.

Still kind of wish there was a new hair piece mold for Slughorn, but I admit it would be quite tricky to capture the look as it's quite thin and all over the place.

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

Still kind of wish there was a new hair piece mold for Slughorn, but I admit it would be quite tricky to capture the look as it's quite thin and all over the place.

I use the half bald hair for him. Looks better, not perfect.

41459470031_f2b3151be3_w.jpg340?cb=20180104160035

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Umbridge gets duel molded legs very nice touch lego

Now we have two  slughorn figures lacking leg print. using same head

and 2 Umbridge figures  that have dual molded 360 printed legs with 2 heads.

Unfair to Slughorn.

12 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Is anyone else disappointed that both Harry and Hermione aren’t getting new face prints?

I think that face works well for Hermione, besides for those 2 there is likely more oppertunities  in the future.

So a final clear confirmation that we’re getting a Slug Club Christmas Party. Interesting that they’re doing 2 years in a row with the biggest set of the wave being Christmas themed. Shame that we’ve got more robes lacking printed legs, but at least the current leaks and minifigure lists suggest we won’t see nearly as much of that as last year. 

Umbridge and Hermione look great. Really like the new alternate face for Umbridge, it’s definitely giving me ideas for how I’m going to end up displaying the set :devil:

52 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Is anyone else disappointed that both Harry and Hermione aren’t getting new face prints?

I am, but they’re not bad at all. I just wanted to see something fresh, I guess.

That Umbridge is amaazing though! Wasn’t really expecting a new expression and printed & dual molded legs, dang! Slughorn’s torso is very nice, but everything else about him is meh.

1 hour ago, deskp said:

Now we have two  slughorn figures lacking leg print. using same head

and 2 Umbridge figures  that have dual molded 360 printed legs with 2 heads.

Unfair to Slughorn.

We know for sure the designers love Umbridge and Luna haha.

Edited by Otherworld

3 hours ago, deskp said:

I use the half bald hair for him. Looks better, not perfect.

I think I've said it before, but the piece you've used with printing like Filch has would be better than the current piece. 

The four new figures look great, makes the 2011 Slug Club Harry redundant though, at least the 2010 Yule Ball outfit is without the Jacket the 2019 version has. Great to get a second Slughorn, Umbridge looks great. 

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.

Just a question: Is the recently leaked Hermione going to be in the Astronomy Tower set? Or will she be in the Forbidden Forest set?

Thanks

Edited by Brick Guru

8 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

People posting their MOCs has inspired me to post the start of mine. It's ta modern equivalent of The Final Challenge from Philosopher's Stone; I had started with The Forbidden Corridor and then Devil's Snare, working down, but decided it's easier to work backwards and build up.

Imgur link to photo

It's a work in progress (very tan at the moment, I'll be sure to add in some different colours and textures for variety, especially as not all the pieces are available in tan and it looks kinda bland right now!) so I will make quite a few small alterations. I wanted to have black flames like the books (and then purple flames before the potion challenge that's cut from the films) but don't think the flame exists in that colour so had to settle with orange. It's got pins to context with the rest of the sections (Potion Riddle, Wizard's Chess, Winged Keys, Devil's Snare and Fluffy in the Forbidden Corridor - don't think I'll do the empty troll room!) The curves were a pain to get on the steps - I had to use a complicated SNOT technique to get the top steps to line up, and I'm pleased how it turned out but not sure how stable/legal it'd be in real life! I'd like to add pillars going round (they're very decorative in the movie) but don't want to hinder accessibility. Of course the Mirror of Erised is ripped straight out of the Great Hall set - which is awkwardly placed in there!

Currently at 189 pieces. Think the whole thing's going to bigger than I expected!

Edit: ooh looks like trans purple flames do exist - I was using 6126b instead of 6126!

Looks really good!!!

I love all of them :wub: Umbridge is extremely detailed for a regular minifig, I didn’t expect it to be on par with the Bricktober minifig and there’s a new faceprint to boot :thumbup: 

Hermione looks great! I’m not bothered about the reused faces since I do think this one works well for Hermione and I don’t think Harry needed an upgrade yet. I also don’t care much about the lack of leg printing for Slughorn. Umbridge is amazing, I can’t believe they matched the Bricktober level detail! 

I’m liking the new minifigs a lot! I’m pleased they’re giving Harry and Hermione adult legs too, it’s the natural Progression.

Even though it’s only a fairly standard hairpiece, I like Harry’s hair, it really suits him in these films.

Hermione’s new hair is fantastic, and I like the detail on her jumper as she goes into the forest, it’s a nice touch.

I like the fact that Umbridge is wearing her darker pink outfit to keep her distinct from the Bricktober Umbridge. Maybe I’ll try and make an office for her using my (pretty much non existent) collection of pink pieces. Her face is fantastic too, it’s so Umbridge.

Apart from the different hairpiece without the sideburns, I feel like Slughorn is exactly the same as his Bricktober figure if I’m not mistaken, which is kinda a shame, especially considering the price of the Bricktober figures. Am I correct? Edit: no I’m not correct, they’re not even the same colour, and it was even said a couple of pages back. Happy I’ve got two different figures then!

Edited by sammy_zammy

23 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.

Just a question: Is the recently leaked Hermione going to be in the Astronomy Tower set? Or will she be in the Forbidden Forest set?

Thanks

Oh hello.

Yeah she's definitely coming in Forbidden Forest, that's her outfit from Act III of OoTP, she was wearing it during Grawp scene. Astronomy Tower is based on HBP, so this outfit won't be resued there.