Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

To me, skipping sets is unfathomable, but then again, I‘m a completionist :laugh: ...well, almost. I buy every set and polybag from the themes I‘m interested in, but I draw the line at magazine extras and non-exclusive book accessories since those are hard to keep track of. And I also skip the crazy expensive stuff like SDCC exclusives or Mr Gold :tongue:

I am the same lol. I am the worst when it comes to FOMO! I'm happy to wait for a sale though. It's not just Lego with me - I've ended up collecting joy con colours and now have more controllers for my Switch than I can even connect to the thing :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Me too but I'm about 90% sure it won't be a day one purchase for me, I'm definetely waiting for either an awesome GWP or a good discount

On second thoughts, I wasn't really thinking straight. If there was a GWP to celebrate the release of it, it's not going to be specific to that set, it'll be with a purchase of £80 or something. So I'd probably just get something else Lego Shop-exclusive if that was the case and wait on DA. It's not like it'll be going anywhere, and I'll have other non-exclusive Harry potter sets (that will go on sale) to keep me occupied until a good deal/double VIP points comes!

Edited by sammy_zammy

I don't have the polybag or the D2C castle but I have the rest. I'll bricklink the figures from the castle at some point when spending £40 on minifigures doesn't seem like a bad idea.
How exclusive do you think the magical treasury figure will be? I don't care about slightly different prints but if they never do that character again I'll be a bit annoyed to miss it.

Just now, Zepthire said:

How exclusive do you think the magical treasury figure will be? I don't care about slightly different prints but if they never do that character again I'll be a bit annoyed to miss it.

I'll just take my chances on it and skip it. Especially given the current state of the world and my job I can't justify spending more than 20 euro on a book I don't care about just to get a figure. Especially considering that figure might pop up again if the CoS gets made similar to how Unkar Plutt's thug ended up being reused for the Quadjumper set after being a book ''exclusive'', at least it's not a figure I'll feel terrible about if I do miss it.

Just now, Zepthire said:

I don't have the polybag or the D2C castle but I have the rest. I'll bricklink the figures from the castle at some point when spending £40 on minifigures doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Good idea with the D2C castle figures. I may do the same one day.

That specific figure will almost definitely be exclusive. They may make a Chamber of Secrets set sometime (who knows) so the character may not be. It looks like a pretty coo, book so I'll probably end up picking it up.

On a related note, Diagon Alley will need to have Ollivander. I was wondering, how will they make him different to the one in the microscale DA GWP?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'll just take my chances on it and skip it. Especially given the current state of the world and my job I can't justify spending more than 20 euro on a book I don't care about just to get a figure. Especially considering that figure might pop up again if the CoS gets made similar to how Unkar Plutt's thug ended up being reused for the Quadjumper set after being a book ''exclusive'', at least it's not a figure I'll feel terrible about if I do miss it.

Oh did they reuse an "exclusive" minifigure? I take it back then.

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yup:

Lol. I kinda wonder this about Umbridge and Slughorn from the Bricktober set, as well as Ollivander from the GWP as I was saying above. I guess Slughorn has many different outfits, but Umbridge and Ollivander I'm not so sure what they'd do.

I do have the hogwarts castle d2c, and if you can afford it, buy it! It’s a really cool and enjoyable built. I was skeptic about it being microfigscale at first but its a great display piece. I love watching it in my closet/room under the stairs at home. 

I don’t have the horntail and the carriage. Those sets don’t interest me that much. The knight bus I bought for the minifigs. Must say I don’t like the bright purple. It doesn’t match with the rest of the potter sets.

Also I’m running out of space to display the sets. Wonder where to put the new 2020 sets. 

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Lol. I kinda wonder this about Umbridge and Slughorn from the Bricktober set, as well as Ollivander from the GWP as I was saying above. I guess Slughorn has many different outfits, but Umbridge and Ollivander I'm not so sure what they'd do.

Ollivander can easily be reused but Umbridge and Slughorn will definetely stay exclusive, the only part I can see LEGO reusing is the face prints (they did the same thing with the Bricktober War Machine figure). Umbridge is based on this outfit:

Harry Potter: 10 Worst Things Dolores Umbridge Did At Hogwarts And ...

There are still a few different variants to choose from like these, the left one will probably appear in the Grawp set:

Umbridge, Harry and Hermione in the Forbidden Forest. in 2019 Orford Omber | Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom How Dolores Umbridge made our skin crawl | Wizarding World

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ollivander can easily be reused but Umbridge and Slughorn will definetely stay exclusive, the only part I can see LEGO reusing is the face prints (they did the same thing with the Bricktober War Machine figure). Umbridge is based on this outfit:

There are still a few different variants to choose from like these, the left one will probably appear in the Grawp set:

Ah yes. I guess I was being kinda silly thinking she only had one outfit. Reduces the buyer's remorse slightly lol, although the Bricktober figs are still super cool and I'm happy I've got them. Lego is really going all out on giving us a variety of minifigs this time. Roughly 37% of all the Harry Potter minifigs released are from the last 2 years!

I hope they don't use those skirt cloth pieces for figures like Umbridge. I know you don't have to have them, but to me they're just kinda weird.

Edited by sammy_zammy

If they change the Olivander figure at all, I'd like to see the coat continue onto the leg printing (though I guess that might look weird from the back)

Just now, Zepthire said:

If they change the Olivander figure at all, I'd like to see the coat continue onto the leg printing (though I guess that might look weird from the back)

That won't look weird, it's a common thing

2 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

That'd be nice, but the main thing I want is a different hairpiece, because grey Doc hair just doesn't work all too well for Ollivander.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

That'd be nice, but the main thing I want is a different hairpiece, because grey Doc hair just doesn't work all too well for Ollivander.

Which other hairpiece would work

give us movie 6 Olivander! Apron vest and long hair

Edited by deskp

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

give us movie 6 Olivander! Apron vest and long hair

I was thinking that but it doesn't really fit the store since that's him looking pretty rough after being prisoner of the Death Eaters for a couple months

Just now, Zepthire said:

I was thinking that but it doesn't really fit the store since that's him looking pretty rough after being prisoner of the Death Eaters for a couple months

no he is freshly captured in the diagon alley scene.

9 hours ago, Otherworld said:

The 2 sets I still don’t have are the express and the knight bus, and I was about to buy the former which is on sale on a website, but then I estimated how much I would spend on these 2 upcoming waves and chose not to get it :def_shrug: (On top of these being uncertain times ha)

Did anyone skip any set? If so, which one?

I skipped the Knight Bus because the Knight Bus is one of the few I have from the original sets. But I didn't skip the Hogwarts Express, despite having it from the original run so there's no real logic.

50 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Slughorn - 7 outfits

Umbridge - 16 outfits

Ollivander - 4 outfits

Some more subtle changes than others, some only seen for a few seconds, but those are my findings :) 

Just now, deskp said:

Oh, my bad. I forgot they actually show it in the movie. Yeah, that would work then.

30 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Which other hairpiece would work

I still think the OG Harry hair in grey was pretty perfect. Not to mention that it'd just generally be nice to get that piece again, as it hasn't been seen since 2017.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

To me, skipping sets is unfathomable, but then again, I‘m a completionist :laugh: ...well, almost. I buy every set and polybag from the themes I‘m interested in, but I draw the line at magazine extras and non-exclusive book accessories since those are hard to keep track of. And I also skip the crazy expensive stuff like SDCC exclusives or Mr Gold :tongue:

That’s exactly how I am. I have to be a little more picky with Star Wars just because there are so many sets released each year, I can’t possibly get every single one but I get most of them

Just now, deskp said:

Hair

ollivander_400x400.jpg69f0685d-8e48-41e8-8c58-10ef008e72da._SL

Yeah, but then he'd just look like the Trolley Witch's twin. ? I think the current hairpiece shows his general hair shape quite well. This one would make it look like his top locks are quite long when they're not. He doesn't have that much of a flicked over fringe.

Edited by BacktoBricks

31 minutes ago, deskp said:

With a bag over his head, great minifig opportunity :laugh: :tongue:

13 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I still think the OG Harry hair in grey was pretty perfect. Not to mention that it'd just generally be nice to get that piece again, as it hasn't been seen since 2017.

Both aren‘t perfect, but I definitely prefer the Doc Brown hair over the OG Harry hair piece, it‘s more voluminous and longer in the back. The other piece is too short