Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

49 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm definetely thinking either Snape or Dumbledore but I'm more leaning towards Snape since he's easier to include in a set like the Astronomy Tower (they would never include Dumbledore in that set).

The CMF info isn't new though

One option that I think people haven't considered is Ginny. We haven't had her yet in the reboot waves and I'd argue OotP and HBP is when she's most prominent. As Neville's included twice this year and Luna 3 times Ginny's absence seems like a big omission.

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

One option that I think people haven't considered is Ginny. We haven't had her yet in the reboot waves and I'd argue OotP and HBP is when she's most prominent. As Neville's included twice this year and Luna 3 times Ginny's absence seems like a big omission.

I though he had already confirmed Ginny is coming. I think this new one hints toward someone he hasn’t hinted at yet

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

10217 Diagon Alley had 2025 parts, 11 figs and cost 150$.

71043 Hogwarts Castle had 6020 parts, 4 figs and cost 400$.

The new D2C cost 400$ and is system -scale according to rumours.
So say we get 5000 parts (bigger parts and more minfigs=less parts) and the builds is roughly the same size as last time we can get 6 small buildings extra. Slightly bigger builds we can hope for 4 extra maybe, less if it is more details. So I guess we will get something like this:

A brick wall in one end and Gringotts in the other.  A narrow street with 2-3 shops on each side that you can move around as you like or for display on the shelf have everyone on on side, open buildings from the back to save a lot of bricks and easy access :classic:

Although remember inflation, so that set would probably cost $175ish now.

And they would probably be more detailed nowadays (look at the interior of Borgin & Burkes in the 2011 set, there's like nothing there; the 2002 set is better for that and even has some cool artifacts), probably making it $200.

So I wouldn't expect more than 6 total, as your "more details" situation is probably more likely for a D2C like this.

But it certainly is an interesting factor that we haven't considered yet, that Diagon Alley has two sides. So far we've kinda assumed if they're connected that they'll all be in a line. Makes me wonder again if they'll include a little pavement. It would be really cool to have these customisation options like you describe.

You're almost definitely right that they'll have open backs, I'd say. To be honest I'd prefer this way.

1 hour ago, BrickBuilderX said:

Are there any rumours as to who the 'Hogwarts Students' will be in the upcoming Brickheadz set?

Nope

With all the hints that have come out I cannot comprehend what Diagon Alley is going to look like.

I only hope that for $400 the shops aren't facades, and actually have back walls.

Considering it may have an underground... maybe it's built like Ninjago City? The top is the street and the bottom is Gringotts mines? You could take the top off and display it on its own... stuff like that.

Edited by doclord

1 minute ago, doclord said:

With all the hints that have come out I cannot comprehend what Diagon Alley is going to look like.

I only hope that for $400 the shops aren't facades, and actually have back walls.

Considering it may have an underground... maybe it's built like Ninjago City? The top is the street and the bottom is Gringotts mines? You could take the top off and display it on its own... stuff like that.

Looking at the budget and past D2C's I'm 99% sure the buildings won't be fully enclosed. The underground thing has been discussed earlier today but I personally feel like that would really detract from the overall look and feel of the set 

1 hour ago, BrickBuilderX said:

Are there any rumours as to who the 'Hogwarts Students' will be in the upcoming Brickheadz set?

I always assumed it would be like go brick me, the bride and the groom brickheadz. With pieces for all houses to make your own student. But that's just wishful thinking.

Just now, doclord said:

I would be surprised if they had back walls personally. This would immensely increase the number of pieces (since they would likely need to be deeper as well, and yet would probably contain the same amount of stuff inside. I'd rather have more buildings with no backs (easier access and lets the light in) personally, although I can understand if you wanted to have buildings on either side of an alley that would be worse.

They will probably just be façades like all the buildings in the reboot. The only problem with this is that if you display the Alley properly, meaning you have shops on both sides with Gringotts at the end, some of the shops will have open backs in full view 

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope

Thanks anyway!

12 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I always assumed it would be like go brick me, the bride and the groom brickheadz. With pieces for all houses to make your own student. But that's just wishful thinking.

I hadn't thought of that!

I wonder if Lego will repeat the characters they have done previously or do new ones.

If we multiply the pieces of the original diagon alley by 5, take in to account the price of the original black seas barracuda, add $400- subtract $75, divide the 3 minifigs from the kingdoms castle, divide by 27, round to 15- and then look back to 1999 and add up all the pieces from the entire first wave of system Star Wars sets, while counting the total amount of minifigures in the entire Chima line and square root that, we can conclude...

that Harry Potter will be in atleast one of the 2020 sets 

Another "leak" from that account that keeps posting about the MoM set. They've also said "Sorry for to say but this is my prediction" which suggests they were makig it up all along, although I'm not sure why they'd say this. Furthermore it seems odd they'd mention the veil, but then also say there's Dumbledore and Voldemort, when they duel in a completely different part of the MoM, yet they make no mention of that part. I guess there's an off-chance they'd just pretend they duelled by the veil, but this woudn't exactly "look really cool" as they describe lol. So I really think they're talking rubbish lol

Edit: wait I'm getting confused by different accounts now, that is the account that keeps listing info about sets then saying "this is a prediction" at the end. Never mind.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, Legoniche said:

If we multiply the pieces of the original diagon alley by 5, take in to account the price of the original black seas barracuda, add $400- subtract $75, divide the 3 minifigs from the kingdoms castle, divide by 27, round to 15- and then look back to 1999 and add up all the pieces from the entire first wave of system Star Wars sets, while counting the total amount of minifigures in the entire Chima line and square root that, we can conclude...

''They had us in the first half, I'm not gonna lie''

Just now, Legoniche said:

Ah yes, I hadn't thought to use Ole Kirk's Law here. It is all clear now. I can't wait to see Harry Potter fully realised in Lego Harry Potter form in the Lego Harry Potter theme of Lego Harry Potter sets.

Sadly this debunks the Ron leak.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Another "leak" from that account that keeps posting about the MoM set. They've also said "Sorry for to say but this is my prediction" which suggests they were makig it up all along, although I'm not sure why they'd say this. Furthermore it seems odd they'd mention the veil, but then also say there's Dumbledore and Voldemort, when they duel in a completely different part of the MoM, yet they make no mention of that part. I guess there's an off-chance they'd just pretend they duelled by the veil, but this woudn't exactly "look really cool" as they describe lol. So I really think they're talking rubbish lol

Wow, I bet no one saw that coming :sarcasm:

5 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They will probably just be façades like all the buildings in the reboot. The only problem with this is that if you display the Alley properly, meaning you have shops on both sides with Gringotts at the end, some of the shops will have open backs in full view 

I imagine two rows of buildings forming an upside down V. The V shape creates forced perspective which will make the alley feel longer and prevent any open backs of buildings from being visible when you are looking at the set from most angles. If Gringott’s is included, I imagine it will be at the top of the upside down V. I can also easily see LEGO saving Gringott’s (and WWW) as separate releases that can be pinned-into the V base for modular expansion.

9 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Ah yes, I hadn't thought to use Ole Kirk's Law here. It is all clear now. I can't wait to see Harry Potter fully realised in Lego Harry Potter form in the Lego Harry Potter theme of Lego Harry Potter sets.

Sadly this debunks the Ron leak.

Which doesn’t make sense because... Bruce Wayne is Batman 

Hello, I am new to the forums :)

Can someone please explain why in the CMF Harry has a brown wand instead of a dark brown one?

15 minutes ago, TeodoroNeira said:

Can someone please explain why in the CMF Harry has a brown wand instead of a dark brown one?

Hadn’t even noticed. I guess I’ll just switch it out

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

22 minutes ago, TeodoroNeira said:

Welcome to the forum :wink:

It could just be an error on the packaging, stuff like that can happen. If it really is reddish brown in the set, then there's no real reason why - the same way Madame Maxime has dark brown and black hair in two different sets in the same wave.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I can also easily see LEGO saving Gringott’s (and WWW) as separate releases that can be pinned-into the V base for modular expansion.

Releasing a $400 set with ''gaps'' were the 2 most iconic structures are supposed to be is an extremely bad businessmodel. I highly doubt this set will sell well if they leave Gringotts and WWW out

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Releasing a $400 set with ''gaps'' were the 2 most iconic structures are supposed to be is an extremely bad businessmodel. I highly doubt this set will sell well if they leave Gringotts and WWW out

Agreed. It'd be like "here's the $400 Harry Potter set to end all Harry Potter sets. Oh, wait, it's not complete by the way, we'll be back with more next year."

As much as it'd be cool to get expansions later on, I really think this is gonna be a one-time, take-it or leave-it, Diagon Alley. The only thing I could possibly see happening as a standalone set is the Ironbelly scene in Gringotts, and it really being a standalone set that happens to fit on the side.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

As much as it'd be cool to get expansions later on, I really think this is gonna be a one-time, take-it or leave-it, Diagon Alley. The only thing I could possibly see happening as a standalone set is the Ironbelly scene in Gringotts, and it really being a standalone set that happens to fit on the side.

Couldn't have said it better, well maybe Borgin and Burkes could be a standalone set but that's not in Diagon Alley so doesn't really count