Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

This is not entirely inaccurate.

We still don’t have confirmation on the final two sets, and one of them could very well be a Department of Mysteries Battle.

I highly doubt it, but, in all fairness, a rumor can’t really be “false” until we have actual confirmation. 

My prediction is that we will get a Ministry of Magic Duel instead. I imagine it centering around a Fountain of Magical Brethren build (similar to how the Rise of Voldemort set centered around grave statue build) and maybe some stacked windows to represent the Ministry.

Possible minifigs would include Voldemort, Dumbledore, Harry, and a pearl gold centaur, wizard, and house elf (statues).

The setnumber attached to a possible MoM set is the same setnumber attached to the D2C

Just now, kirkwoodproductions said:

Seems the new Wonder Woman set includes a reused face print from the DC CMF series, so it looks reusing CMF prints is becoming a thing. Maybe Dobby's torso won't be the only reuse we'll see.

And the other way, CMF started reusing set parts. For example Aquaman from DC CMF uses head and hair from a set that released 1 year before the CMF.

35 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And the other way, CMF started reusing set parts. For example Aquaman from DC CMF uses head and hair from a set that released 1 year before the CMF.

I don’t think it’s fair to say they reused they hair. By that logic they reuse hair all the time. 

4 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I don’t think it’s fair to say they reused they hair. By that logic they reuse hair all the time. 

Ok you've got a point, you're right. But the head is still a valid point. 

44 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

Regarding the Wonder Woman set: I'm betting $10 they will use Cheetah's hair piece for Lucius Malfoy.

Doesn't work for Lucius imo. It should be a new piece with the hair coming to the front as well, that would be reusable for pretty much every single time we see him.

Lucius Malfoy promo - Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy Photo (22385700 ...

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well to drive the discussion back to topic there is something Diagon Alley related we actually haven't discussed yet: exclusive printed parts. Magical Me? Shop signs? WWW products? Reuse of the path print from the GWP? What do you guys think we'll get?

Note: new prints on figures don't count!

Anyone?

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Anyone?

I'd like to see some more obscure book prints. Magical Me I would've thought is a given, but I think it'd be cool to see the Dark Omens book, or maybe Hogwarts a History, or Fantastic Beasts (which isn't really obscure, but there we go). I'd also love to see Quidditch Through the Ages and Tales of Beedle the Bard, or the Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore. There are so many possibilities. As for other prints, I reckon we could get some wanted posters as seen in DHp2

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Anyone?

Do we have a Sirius Black wanted poster yet? 

Lucius Malfoy inside Borgin & Burkes - Lucius Malfoy Image ...

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Doesn't work for Lucius imo. It should be a new piece with the hair coming to the front as well, that would be reusable for pretty much every single time we see him.

I think the new Dumbledore hairpiece would be good enough because his hair is often, especially in the earlier films, in the back. It would be great to get a new mold though.

Lucius would definitely benefit from a new hair piece, but that would only happen if he showed up in the CMF, I‘m afraid. The new moulds in the sets probably ate vast amounts of the budget already :laugh:

16 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

Do we have a Sirius Black wanted poster yet? 

Not as a print but there is a sticker of it in the Hogwarts Express set

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well to drive the discussion back to topic there is something Diagon Alley related we actually haven't discussed yet: exclusive printed parts. Magical Me? Shop signs? WWW products? Reuse of the path print from the GWP? What do you guys think we'll get?

Personally I’d like to see a bit of an alley way leading off from diagon alley, like in the micro scale DA, where the shops are all along one side, and one of the sections is an alley, with a printed knockturn alley sign, obviously it wouldn’t lead to anything, perhaps a possible knockturn alley set connection, but as well as that, some wanted fenrir greyback posters, some wanted Harry Potter posters etc on the alley wall. Of course the printed shop signs, personally I want to see gringotts, ollivanders, flourish and blotts, quality quidditch supplies and Weasley wizard wheezers with maybe a cauldron stand and pet stand outside a few shops. I think it would be cool to get some kind of printing for the wand boxes- not like 2011, the wands were never visible, but perhaps the boxes don’t need it, they’re pretty plain. I think some coins could have prints- books; who am I?, magical me etc. obviously there’s opportunity in the WWW for printed accessories.

Just now, Legoniche said:

I think some coins could have prints

What do they do for money/coins now? Since the 10/20/30/40 gold pieces don't exist any more. I would love if they used studs like in the Lego games - but it'd be bronze knuts, silver sickles and gold galleons rather than silver gold blue.

Just now, Legoniche said:

and one of the sections is an alley, with a printed knockturn alley sign, obviously it wouldn’t lead to anything, perhaps a possible knockturn alley set connection

It's things that provide context/continuity like this that I'd love them toinclude - it'd make it really feel like Diagon Alley rather than Diagon Buildings. I kinda hope that Knockturn Alley is part of this set - I mean, they could only really do Borgin & Burkes anyway - even at the expense of a Gringotts shop, since I feel they could do so so much with the interior and details to make it super creepy.

Edited by sammy_zammy

7 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

What do they do for money/coins now? Since the 10/20/30/40 gold pieces don't exist any more. I would love if they used studs like in the Lego games - but it'd be bronze knuts, silver sickles and gold galleons rather than silver gold blue.

You’re right in that type I coins (10/20/30/40) ceased to exist in 2011, but the type III coins (1/2/5/10) are still kicking and have appeared in sets as recently as 2019 :wink: Sure, they‘re not used often, but if there‘s one set that would warrant them, it‘s DA :sweet:

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

You’re right in that type I coins (10/20/30/40) ceased to exist in 2011, but the type III coins (1/2/5/10) are still kicking and have appeared in sets as recently as 2019 :wink: Sure, they‘re not used often, but if there‘s one set that would warrant them, it‘s DA :sweet:

Oh yeah of course, I forgot those exist!

Lol this reminds me of the first time I found a purple stud in Lego Indiana Jones, my mind was blown.

Edited by sammy_zammy

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don't forget the printed 1x1 round tiles

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Don't forget the printed 1x1 round tiles

Of course, but while I love printed 1x1 round tiles, in this case I‘d prefer ‚real‘ coins :wink: 

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Of course, but while I love printed 1x1 round tiles, in this case I‘d prefer ‚real‘ coins :wink: 

Oh wait I thought you were referring to the 1x1 round tiles. What are the "real" coins? I can't find them on Bricklink.

Edit: never mind I see it now.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Would be cool to see an Undesirable No. 1 poster. (Don't think LEGO have ever released one yet)

It'd be also neat to see some Daily Prophet newspaper tiles with referencing specific events in the Potter universe.

8 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

It'd be also neat to see some Daily Prophet newspaper tiles with referencing specific events in the Potter universe.

Well, there‘s this tile from the 2010 sets:

3068bpb0345.jpg?1

The current version is a bit less specific :tongue: 3068bpb1156.t1.png

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

It's things that provide context/continuity like this that I'd love them toinclude - it'd make it really feel like Diagon Alley rather than Diagon Buildings. I kinda hope that Knockturn Alley is part of this set - I mean, they could only really do Borgin & Burkes anyway - even at the expense of a Gringotts shop, since I feel they could do so so much with the interior and details to make it super creepy.

Yeah it’d Be sick! But at the very least, that extra little alley- leading to it, would be cool and give a bit more depth.

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The prints I want the most are definitely for various books in the Wizarding World. Magical Me is the most likely, seeing as how Lockhart likely will be included, but I'd also like to get Fantastic Beasts or Quidditch Through the Ages: Not only do both exist as physical books, but it'd just be cool to expand out our wizarding library.

This one's more of a paint application than a print, but I really hope we get some bronzed and silver coins for Gringotts, it's a little tiring only ever getting gold.

Other than that, I can't think of anything I really want as prints, honestly, although printing for the signs on the buildings would be a good quality touch. 

Also, this is probably an unpopular opinion,  but I really hope Borgin & Burkes isn't included. If the buildings are lined up like modulars like most here are presuming, it'd have to attach to the back, which wouldn't look very good by itself imo. Not to mention that it'd take up pieces that could be used on a more interesting and obscure building that we have no chance of getting outside of this set, like QQS or Eeylops. I'm sure the accessories inside would be fun, but I think that's one building that would make more sense to release as a standalone later down the line, when it wouldn't detract from a $400 kit.

Also, while I'm still commenting, I really hope that the PoA Harry leak is fake: if you're getting two eras, I think CoS and HBP are the best options. (HBP for WWW, and CoS, which also functions for PS/SS, for Gringotts, LC, Ollivanders, and F&B.) Honestly, I'd be willing to take the fall on WWW for right now just to get more obscure characters from the early films rather than two versions of the trio +Ginny and Draco, especially since WWW is definitely popular enough to sell as a standalone set, but I know that won't happen.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Also, this is probably an unpopular opinion,  but I really hope Borgin & Burkes isn't included. If the buildings are lined up like modulars like most here are presuming, it'd have to attach to the back, which wouldn't look very good by itself imo. Not to mention that it'd take up pieces that could be used on a more interesting and obscure building that we have no chance of getting outside of this set, like QQS or Eeylops. I'm sure the accessories inside would be fun, but I think that's one building that would make more sense to release as a standalone later down the line, when it wouldn't detract from a $400 kit.

Not unpopular at all. While I'd definetely like to see the alley leading to Knockturn Alley between 2 shops I don't want to see anything related to that place in this Diagon Alley D2C. It's called Diagon Alley for a reason, sadly the 2011 set completely missed that. 

25 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I can see why you wouldn't want it, since like you say it'd prevent the buildings forming an alley in a modular style. I can also see why it was annoying in a (presumably) smaller set in 2011, since then there's only 2 DA buildings, as Guyon said.

But I completely disagree with you saying  "it'd take up pieces that could be used on a more interesting and obscure building". B&B is arguably one of the most interesting buildings!

I know they wouldn't go quite this detailed, but how can you say this is uninteresting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gto-pVghjoE

Timestamps wouldn't work - but it's at 41:07 and 41:11

Edit: Just saw you say that the stuff inside would still be interesting, my bad. So my point's kinda moot. But I still think that a dark building like this, contrasting the others, is still an interesting addition.

Edited by sammy_zammy

9 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

But I still think that a dark building like this, contrasting the others, is still an interesting addition.

It might be an interesting addition but unlike most buildings in Diagon Alley Borgin and Burkes would work fine (if not better) as a standalone set. I wouldn't want it in the D2C, just DA shops and maybe the Leaky Cauldron.