Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's not like there is much to discuss anyway besides the DA speculation that's basically the same every single time.

I think you'll get repeated conversations regardless in a thread this long. People who are now joining in (like me) are unlikely to read through all 2953 posts to catch up. Most of the solid, informative info is obtainable from the first page. And even if they did read through the whole thing - it's hard enough knowing what people are talking about already due to the sources of info not being allowed on here, let alone looking back through months of Instagram posts to find a mysterious quote that means very little.

I can see why it'd get annoying though. So, what shops do you want to see in the Hogsmeade D2C that doesn't exist even in leakland? :wink:

5 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I think you'll get repeated conversations regardless in a thread this long. People who are now joining in (like me) are unlikely to read through all 2953 posts to catch up. Most of the solid, informative info is obtainable from the first page. And even if they did read through the whole thing - it's hard enough knowing what people are talking about already due to the sources of info not being allowed on here, let alone looking back through months of Instagram posts to find a mysterious quote that means very little.

I can see why it'd get annoying though. So, what shops do you want to see in the Hogsmeade D2C that doesn't exist even in leakland? :wink:

Oh I completely get that, even for people like me who have been following the 2020 news since the beginning it's hard to always keep track of everything. I just need the pictures to surface soon (wich will probably happen with the next 3 weeks) so the Diagon Alley speculation can get a break for a while. I'm bored out of my mind because of the quarantaine and need something actually new to discuss :ugh:

Saying that the speculation is basically the same in that way is rude (Triggered lol).
Just as well as you probally have written your thoughts and expectations about the DA. Other Members can give their thoughts on the situation. :laugh: If they got the same expections so what? :wacko:  isn´t just great! So more is the change that more people get happy in the end. :wub:

Hogsmeade would hopefully be the next big D2C :laugh:

5 minutes ago, TurboTj-DK said:

Saying that the speculation is basically the same in that way is rude (Triggered lol).
Just as well as you probally have written your thoughts and expectations about the DA. Other Members can give their thoughts on the situation. :laugh: If they got the same expections so what? :wacko:  isn´t just great! So more is the change that more people get happy in the end. :wub:

Hogsmeade would hopefully be the next big D2C :laugh:

There has been no new info for a while now except for some vague hints from Kingnono so how exactly is saying the discussion is getting stale rude? Especially considering we're finally discussing something new that still fits within the thread and you are the first one to tell us to go back to topic.

And sure, I've shared my thoughts on the info we have but I have never said to anyone not to share their opinion so I don't even know why you're implying that. It's a forum, if I didn't want other people to share their opinions I wouldn't be here in the first place.

But as this has absolutely nothing to do with HP we should go back to topic.

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There has been no new info for a while now except for some vague hints from Kingnono so how exactly is saying the discussion is getting stale rude? Especially considering we're finally discussing something new that still fits within the thread and you are the first one to tell us to go back to topic.

And sure, I've shared my thoughts on the info we have but I have never said to anyone not to share their opinion so I don't even know why you're implying that. It's a forum, if I didn't want other people to share their opinions I wouldn't be here in the first place.

But as this has absolutely nothing to do with HP we should go back to topic.

Yes alrighty man

1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

Woah this is an epic fight 

A clear sign the quarantine cabin fever has set in :sadnew:

Well to drive the discussion back to topic there is something Diagon Alley related we actually haven't discussed yet: exclusive printed parts. Magical Me? Shop signs? WWW products? Reuse of the path print from the GWP? What do you guys think we'll get?

Note: new prints on figures don't count!

As one of those with mild interest in future Potter figs and no interest in combing the last 20 pages, I apologize if this has been suggested, but I was wondering if "the gang is growing" means either Malfoy's Gang or the Death Eaters? I could see them doing either Yaxley or Dolohov, especially with the latter being in the Department of Mysteries battle. And with Slytherin getting at least 2 spots in the CMF, maybe Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle across the CMF series and the sets? I don't know if they'd fit per se with any upcoming sets, but it would be nice to get them.

Speaking of the Department Battle, could someone confirm how much it's rumored to be? Because depending on the size, I can see this going 3 ways: (1) Dumbledore vs Voldemort, (2) Death Eaters vs DA and OOTP, or (3) Option 2 but with more figures.

If we get Bellatrix in the Burrow, then we could easily see the Department Battle include Lucious, Dolohov, Harry, Sirius, and Ginny. If we don't get Tonks in the CMF, then maybe we'll get her here.

Room of Requirement will have Harry and Luna, maybe Neville too? If that's the case then we'd have pretty much the core six in Year 5 attire of some sort.

On a side note, I like how the reboot has done things in (somewhat) chronological order, with 2018 starting off with years 1 & 2, 2019 years 3 & 4, and now we're in year 5. I've never been a huge Potter fan, but Lego's been treating this theme right.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

As one of those with mild interest in future Potter figs and no interest in combing the last 20 pages, I apologize if this has been suggested, but I was wondering if "the gang is growing" means either Malfoy's Gang or the Death Eaters? I could see them doing either Yaxley or Dolohov, especially with the latter being in the Department of Mysteries battle. And with Slytherin getting at least 2 spots in the CMF, maybe Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle across the CMF series and the sets? I don't know if they'd fit per se with any upcoming sets, but it would be nice to get them.

Speaking of the Department Battle, could someone confirm how much it's rumored to be? Because depending on the size, I can see this going 3 ways: (1) Dumbledore vs Voldemort, (2) Death Eaters vs DA and OOTP, or (3) Option 2 but with more figures.

If we get Bellatrix in the Burrow, then we could easily see the Department Battle include Lucious, Dolohov, Harry, Sirius, and Ginny. If we don't get Tonks in the CMF, then maybe we'll get her here.

Room of Requirement will have Harry and Luna, maybe Neville too? If that's the case then we'd have pretty much the core six in Year 5 attire of some sort.

On a side note, I like how the reboot has done things in (somewhat) chronological order, with 2018 starting off with years 1 & 2, 2019 years 3 & 4, and now we're in year 5. I've never been a huge Potter fan, but Lego's been treating this theme right.

I'll make a list to answer each thing:

- Malfoy's gang or the Death Eaters have been suggested but the hint is too vague to pin down just one option

- Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle are not in any of the sets so far

- The Department of Mysteries Battle set doesn't exist, that was speculation turned into a false rumor

- The Room of Requirement includes Harry, Luna and Hermione. Luna and Hermione both have their Patronusses. Neville is included in the CMF and Astronomy Tower though

Edited by Guyon2002

Mini_legogo has recently added a video of the Bellatrix minifig to his IG story. What's interesting about it is that her torso has back-printing (showing a folded down hood) :classic: That's nice, but I would trade it for a printed dress piece in a heartbeat :tongue:

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Mini_legogo has recently added a video of the Bellatrix minifig to his IG story. What's interesting about it is that her torso has back-printing (showing a folded down hood) :classic: That's nice, but I would trade it for a printed dress piece in a heartbeat :tongue:

Well back printing is still the same element and part of the same machine/assembly line automatic process.  the extra cost is minimal compared to printing another piece.

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll make a list to answer each thing:

- Malfoy's gang or the Death Eaters have been suggested but the hint is too vague to pin down just one option

- Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle are not in any of the sets so far

- The Department of Mysteries Battle set doesn't exist, that was speculation turned into a false rumor

- The Room of Requirement includes Harry, Luna and Hermione. Luna and Hermione both have their Patronusses. Neville is included in the CMF and Astronomy Tower though

While compiling this reply I decided to do some digging and found the set/figure list. It sucks that the Department Battle turned out to be false, could've been a great way to get any of the figures I mentioned. Here's hoping we at least get a masked Death Eater in the CMF. So now the big question: are we still getting a burrow?

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I see you're not really familiar with the whole 'assortement and EOL' thing, but what you're describing is not how it works. The shelfspace is usually set up per theme so depending on the size of theme X that theme has a specific amount of shelf- and storagespace. This effects storeshelves, the stores' stockrooms, warehouses, distribution warehouses, factories etc. Because LEGO adds well over 100 sets to it's assortment every year some older sets will have to retire to make space for the new ones, those sets are on the EOL list (End Of Life). Usually normal sets (so not D2C's like the modular buildings you mentioned) have a lifespan of 2 years or shorter with an exception here and there. If a strong selling theme could take the shelfspace of other themes like you said they could the amount of themes LEGO produces would lower significantly and a big chunk of storeshelves would be filled with LEGO City sets. It's just the way things have been for years now. For Harry Potter this means there is a high chance of the 2018 sets I mentioned a few posts back going into retirement at the end of the year.

Thank you for the great explenation! I'm understandig better now how it works.

I've only been collecting lego in 6 months, so I'm new in the legoworld :)

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

are we still getting a burrow?

We have the Arthur and Molly leaked minfigures. Their appearances match a Burrow set.

but we don't know 100%

It seems likely.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I really like when lego give them back printing torso. But i'm with you, I would prefer a printed dress on her.

I'm hoping that pictures on the Dursleys would leek son :) I'm so courios how Dudley would look like a minifig!

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is not entirely inaccurate.

We still don’t have confirmation on the final two sets, and one of them could very well be a Department of Mysteries Battle.

I highly doubt it, but, in all fairness, a rumor can’t really be “false” until we have actual confirmation. 

My prediction is that we will get a Ministry of Magic Duel instead. I imagine it centering around a Fountain of Magical Brethren build (similar to how the Rise of Voldemort set centered around grave statue build) and maybe some stacked windows to represent the Ministry.

Possible minifigs would include Voldemort, Dumbledore, Harry, and a pearl gold centaur, wizard, and house elf (statues).

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

This is not entirely inaccurate.

We still don’t have confirmation on the final two sets, and one of them could very well be a Department of Mysteries Battle.

I highly doubt it, but, in all fairness, a rumor can’t really be “false” until we have actual confirmation. 

My prediction is that we will get a Ministry of Magic Duel instead. I imagine it centering around a Fountain of Magical Brethren build (similar to how the Rise of Voldemort set centered around grave statue build) and maybe some stacked windows to represent the Ministry.

Possible minifigs would include Voldemort, Dumbledore, Harry, and a pearl gold centaur, wizard, and house elf (statues).

A Ministry Battle set without Lucius and Sirius would be a waste in my opinion. 

i am starting to believe the Lucius we get is using the same hair as Cheeta.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

A Ministry Battle set without Lucius and Sirius would be a waste in my opinion. 

This. I wouldn't mind it if they kept Lucius back for a Ministry Battle set.

3 hours ago, deskp said:

We have the Arthur and Molly leaked minfigures. Their appearances match a Burrow set.

but we don't know 100%

It seems likely.

Given the new Bellatrix, I think it's really likely, since I assume she won't be in the CMF. Didn't we also get a Greyback leak, or was that the 2010 figure?

3 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Given the new Bellatrix, I think it's really likely, since I assume she won't be in the CMF. Didn't we also get a Greyback leak, or was that the 2010 figure?

Bellatrix is in the CMF

23 minutes ago, LeRuCo said:

Bellatrix is in the CMF

Sorry, I meant twice. :wall: I know about the Azkaban outfit, but I think we saw her in her black gown, correct?

23 minutes ago, LeRuCo said:

Bellatrix is in the CMF

She is in both a set and the cmf. different costumes.

22 minutes ago, deskp said:

She is in both a set and the cmf. different costumes.

That's more what I meant. So, a burrow seems even more likely with Molly, Arthur, and Bellatrix.

But, did we see a Greyback leak? I seem to recall one a while back.

40 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

That's more what I meant. So, a burrow seems even more likely with Molly, Arthur, and Bellatrix.

But, did we see a Greyback leak? I seem to recall one a while back.

Yeah, we're also getting a new Greyback.